The Public is merely a multiplied "me." -- Mark Twain

aus+uk / aus.aviation / Re: Boeing ex-test pilot to be prosecuted

SubjectAuthor
* Boeing ex-test pilot to be prosecutedkeithr0
+* Re: Boeing ex-test pilot to be prosecutedPhil Allison
|`- Re: Boeing ex-test pilot to be prosecutedRod Speed
`* Re: Boeing ex-test pilot to be prosecutedDaryl
 `* Re: Boeing ex-test pilot to be prosecutedDavid Lesher
  `- Re: Boeing ex-test pilot to be prosecutedPhil Allison

1
Boeing ex-test pilot to be prosecuted

<issm39Fn2gqU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=793&group=aus.aviation#793

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Subject: Boeing ex-test pilot to be prosecuted
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 16:40:40 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Fri, 15 Oct 2021 06:40 UTC

https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/jedi-mind-tricks-on-regulators-ex-boeing-pilot-charged-over-737-max-crashes-20211015-p590ac.html

Re: Boeing ex-test pilot to be prosecuted

<bb6738a5-5437-4817-86a9-fed8a70980d5n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=796&group=aus.aviation#796

Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 02:44:17 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Boeing ex-test pilot to be prosecuted
From: palliso...@gmail.com (Phil Allison)
 by: Phil Allison - Fri, 15 Oct 2021 09:44 UTC

keithr0 wrote:
============

Wow!! See this:

https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/jedi-mind-tricks-on-regulators-ex-boeing-pilot-charged-over-737-max-crashes-20211015-p590ac.html

Backs up everything have been pointing out here, for a long time.
It was only by a means of mass conspiracy by Boeing execs and staff the the MAX got approved by the FAA at all.

FYI:

Mark Forker is being used now as a company scapegoat.
He will likely be let go down to protect a great many others who ENABLED him.

Sure hope he makes a " plea bargain " that means he gets to out those others.
The MAX needs to be grounded and Boeing commercial go bust.

....... Phil

Re: Boeing ex-test pilot to be prosecuted

<ist35sFph0dU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=799&group=aus.aviation#799

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 21:23:53 +1100
 by: Daryl - Fri, 15 Oct 2021 10:23 UTC

On 15/10/21 5:40 pm, keithr0 wrote:
> https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/jedi-mind-tricks-on-regulators-ex-boeing-pilot-charged-over-737-max-crashes-20211015-p590ac.html

The outcome of that case will be very interesting, could be the FAA are
trying to avoid being blamed for their lack of oversight?

--
Daryl

Re: Boeing ex-test pilot to be prosecuted

<isto4rFtg71U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=802&group=aus.aviation#802

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2021 03:21:45 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 15 Oct 2021 16:21 UTC

Phil Allison <pallison49@gmail.com> wrote
> keithr0 wrote

> Wow!! See this:

> https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/jedi-mind-tricks-on-regulators-ex-boeing-pilot-charged-over-737-max-crashes-20211015-p590ac.html

> Backs up everything have been pointing out here, for a long time.

Bullshit it does.

> It was only by a means of mass conspiracy by Boeing execs
> and staff the the MAX got approved by the FAA at all.

More mindless pig ignorant bullshit, your trademark.

> FYI:

> Mark Forker is being used now as a company scapegoat.

More of your mindless pig ignorant bullshit given he bragged about what he
got up to.

> He will likely be let go down to protect a great many others who ENABLED
> him.

More of your mindless pig ignorant bullshit given he bragged about what he
got up to.

> Sure hope he makes a " plea bargain " that means he gets to out those
> others. The MAX needs to be grounded and Boeing commercial go bust.

Taint gunna happen, you watch.

Re: Boeing ex-test pilot to be prosecuted

<skcf7b$c68$1@reader1.panix.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=803&group=aus.aviation#803

From: wb8...@panix.com (David Lesher)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 17:53:47 -0000 (UTC)
 by: David Lesher - Fri, 15 Oct 2021 17:53 UTC

Daryl <dwalford@westpine.com.au> writes:

>On 15/10/21 5:40 pm, keithr0 wrote:
>> https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/jedi-mind-tricks-on-regulators-ex-boeing-pilot-charged-over-737-max-crashes-20211015-p590ac.html
>>
>The outcome of that case will be very interesting, could be
>the FAA are trying to avoid being blamed for their lack of
>oversight?

They have an out. At Boeing's behest, the Congress passed
legislation further diluting their authority over manufacturers,
and letting Boeing have their own employees be the substitute
inspectors. This is called Organization Designation
Authorization.

And partly on that basis, the FAA's budget has been gutted over
the last decade plus.

And guess what, the FAA is finding out those ODA employees are
getting pressured to look the other way. ("I'm shocked, shocked
to find that gambling is going on here!")

Hard to say what will happen long-term.

--
A host is a host from coast to coast...............wb8foz@panix.com

Re: Boeing ex-test pilot to be prosecuted

<0aa52787-8902-4c96-a094-8eebe4fc7c94n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=804&group=aus.aviation#804

Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 13:49:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: palliso...@gmail.com (Phil Allison)
 by: Phil Allison - Fri, 15 Oct 2021 20:49 UTC

David Lesher wrote:
==================

> >The outcome of that case will be very interesting, could be
> >the FAA are trying to avoid being blamed for their lack of
> >oversight?
>>
> They have an out. At Boeing's behest, the Congress passed
> legislation further diluting their authority over manufacturers,
> and letting Boeing have their own employees be the substitute
> inspectors. This is called Organization Designation
> Authorization.

** We have the same idea going on here with CASA.

> And guess what, the FAA is finding out those ODA employees are
> getting pressured to look the other way. ("I'm shocked, shocked
> to find that gambling is going on here!")
> Hard to say what will happen long-term.

** Americans do not seem to understand the idea of avoiding " conflicts of interest ".
They appoint Draculas to oversee blood banks all the time.
Politics and financial self interest are mixed in with with individual duties and legal obligations as a matter of course.

Every important job in the public arena is by political appointment or popular vote.
Judges, police chiefs, district attorneys etc get the job based on being favored by the current ruling party - Dem or Republican.

" Separation of Powers " is one of the crucial tenets of a true democracy.
The USA however is simply not a democracy.