It's amazing how many people you could be friends with if only they'd make the first approach.

aus+uk / uk.comp.sys.mac / Re: Laptop with broken screen, external works, but...

SubjectAuthor
* Laptop with broken screen, external works, but...Sara Merriman
+* Laptop with broken screen, external works, but...Graham J
|`- Laptop with broken screen, external works, but...Sara Merriman
+* Laptop with broken screen, external works, but...Theo
|`* Laptop with broken screen, external works, but...Sara Merriman
| `* Laptop with broken screen, external works, but...Ray
|  `* Laptop with broken screen, external works, but...Sara Merriman
|   +- Laptop with broken screen, external works, but...nospam
|   +* Laptop with broken screen, external works, but...Liz Tuddenham
|   |`- Laptop with broken screen, external works, but...Sara Merriman
|   +* Laptop with broken screen, external works, but...D.M. Procida
|   |+- Laptop with broken screen, external works, but...nospam
|   |`- Laptop with broken screen, external works, but...Sara Merriman
|   `* Laptop with broken screen, external works, but...Ray
|    `- Laptop with broken screen, external works, but...Sara Merriman
`- Laptop with broken screen, external works, but...nospam

1
Laptop with broken screen, external works, but...

<DYa5K.1004009$5u1.303225@fx13.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7771&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7771

From: saramerr...@blueyonder.co.uk (Sara Merriman)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: Laptop with broken screen, external works, but...
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 08:43:15 GMT
 by: Sara Merriman - Tue, 12 Apr 2022 08:43 UTC

One of my - very remote - users has broken the screen on her MBAir. There's a
new one on its way to her, but in the meantime...

There's an external display attached, which works, but as it's set as the
secondary screen all it's showing the desktop picture. When she closes the
laptop lid, the external screen becomes the main screen and everything is
there. BUT she doesn't have an external keyboard or mouse, so with the lid
closed on the lappy she can't do anything!

So - does anyone know a way of making the external screen the main screen, or
to be fully mirrored, with the lid open so she can use the keyboard and
trackpad?

The options for 'displays' in systems prefs don't show the two screens when
the lid is down, so she can't change it there.

Any ideas? Hopefully the new machine will arrive this morning, so it's not the
end of the world, but I'd like to know an answer anyway. And yes, I have
insisted she goes and gets a KB and mouse for emergencies.

--
Spike is a sturdy birdy

Re: Laptop with broken screen, external works, but...

<t33epu$9cp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7772&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7772

From: nob...@nowhere.co.uk (Graham J)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: Re: Laptop with broken screen, external works, but...
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 09:55:22 +0100
 by: Graham J - Tue, 12 Apr 2022 08:55 UTC

Sara Merriman wrote:
> One of my - very remote - users has broken the screen on her MBAir. There's a
> new one on its way to her, but in the meantime...
>
> There's an external display attached, which works, but as it's set as the
> secondary screen all it's showing the desktop picture. When she closes the
> laptop lid, the external screen becomes the main screen and everything is
> there. BUT she doesn't have an external keyboard or mouse, so with the lid
> closed on the lappy she can't do anything!
>
> So - does anyone know a way of making the external screen the main screen, or
> to be fully mirrored, with the lid open so she can use the keyboard and
> trackpad?
>
> The options for 'displays' in systems prefs don't show the two screens when
> the lid is down, so she can't change it there.
>
> Any ideas? Hopefully the new machine will arrive this morning, so it's not the
> end of the world, but I'd like to know an answer anyway. And yes, I have
> insisted she goes and gets a KB and mouse for emergencies.

For such remote users I insist on them using the ISP I nominate (Zen)
and a router that I supply (Draytek). I then set up a site-to-site VPN,
and configure the user's computers with VNC or similar screen sharing.
That way I have remote access for training or if anything goes wrong.
If the computers can be set for wake-on-LAN then the user does not even
need to be present. This may seem overkill for domestic users, but if
this is for work it (especially with recent WFH guideleines) I regard it
as essential.

In much the same way as having a KB and mouse for emergencies is essential.

If you set up a similar configuration in your office, can you devise a
sequence of keystrokes which will mirror the screens. Your user could
then key them in blind.

--
Graham J

Re: Laptop with broken screen, external works, but...

<%lb5K.1537656$8b1.864447@fx01.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7774&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7774

From: saramerr...@blueyonder.co.uk (Sara Merriman)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 09:10:19 GMT
 by: Sara Merriman - Tue, 12 Apr 2022 09:10 UTC

On 12 Apr 2022 at 09:55:22 BST, "Graham J" <nobody@nowhere.co.uk> wrote:

> Sara Merriman wrote:
>> One of my - very remote - users has broken the screen on her MBAir. There's a
>> new one on its way to her, but in the meantime...
>>
>> There's an external display attached, which works, but as it's set as the
>> secondary screen all it's showing the desktop picture. When she closes the
>> laptop lid, the external screen becomes the main screen and everything is
>> there. BUT she doesn't have an external keyboard or mouse, so with the lid
>> closed on the lappy she can't do anything!
>>
>> So - does anyone know a way of making the external screen the main screen, or
>> to be fully mirrored, with the lid open so she can use the keyboard and
>> trackpad?
>>
>> The options for 'displays' in systems prefs don't show the two screens when
>> the lid is down, so she can't change it there.
>>
>> Any ideas? Hopefully the new machine will arrive this morning, so it's not the
>> end of the world, but I'd like to know an answer anyway. And yes, I have
>> insisted she goes and gets a KB and mouse for emergencies.
>
> For such remote users I insist on them using the ISP I nominate (Zen)
> and a router that I supply (Draytek). I then set up a site-to-site VPN,
> and configure the user's computers with VNC or similar screen sharing.
> That way I have remote access for training or if anything goes wrong.
> If the computers can be set for wake-on-LAN then the user does not even
> need to be present. This may seem overkill for domestic users, but if
> this is for work it (especially with recent WFH guideleines) I regard it
> as essential.

This is pretty much how I look after the machines in the office, but for those
that work ta home it's a non-starter.

> In much the same way as having a KB and mouse for emergencies is essential.
>
> If you set up a similar configuration in your office, can you devise a
> sequence of keystrokes which will mirror the screens. Your user could
> then key them in blind.

Noted.

--
Spike is a sturdy birdy

Re: Laptop with broken screen, external works, but...

<RJg*4kvLy@news.chiark.greenend.org.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7777&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7777

From: theom+n...@chiark.greenend.org.uk (Theo)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: 12 Apr 2022 10:48:19 +0100 (BST)
 by: Theo - Tue, 12 Apr 2022 09:48 UTC

Sara Merriman <saramerriman@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> So - does anyone know a way of making the external screen the main screen, or
> to be fully mirrored, with the lid open so she can use the keyboard and
> trackpad?

Try Command+F1 or (on a touchbar Mac) Cmd+dim brightness
https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/272271/mbp-touch-bar-mirror-displays-keyboard-shorcut

Theo

Re: Laptop with broken screen, external works, but...

<M_d5K.1966238$391.851586@fx05.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7784&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7784

From: saramerr...@blueyonder.co.uk (Sara Merriman)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 12:10:20 GMT
 by: Sara Merriman - Tue, 12 Apr 2022 12:10 UTC

On 12 Apr 2022 at 10:48:19 BST, "Theo" <theom+news@chiark.greenend.org.uk>
wrote:

> Sara Merriman <saramerriman@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>> So - does anyone know a way of making the external screen the main screen, or
>> to be fully mirrored, with the lid open so she can use the keyboard and
>> trackpad?
>
> Try Command+F1 or (on a touchbar Mac) Cmd+dim brightness
> https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/272271/mbp-touch-bar-mirror-displays-keyboard-shorcut
>
> Theo

No touch-bar on this one sadly. But her new machine is here now and I've
(painfully) set it up over TeamViewer, so I've stopped searching for a
solution.
--
Spike is a sturdy birdy

Re: Laptop with broken screen, external works, but...

<120420220824337592%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7785&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7785

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 08:24:33 -0400
 by: nospam - Tue, 12 Apr 2022 12:24 UTC

In article <DYa5K.1004009$5u1.303225@fx13.ams4>, Sara Merriman
<saramerriman@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> So - does anyone know a way of making the external screen the main screen, or
> to be fully mirrored, with the lid open so she can use the keyboard and
> trackpad?
>
> The options for 'displays' in systems prefs don't show the two screens when
> the lid is down, so she can't change it there.

change it when the lid is open.

Re: Laptop with broken screen, external works, but...

<t35q35$der$1@amos-jones.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7845&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7845

From: amos-jo...@outlook.com (Ray)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 06:20:21 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Ray - Wed, 13 Apr 2022 06:20 UTC

On 12 Apr 2022 at 13:10:20 BST, "Sara Merriman"
<saramerriman@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> On 12 Apr 2022 at 10:48:19 BST, "Theo" <theom+news@chiark.greenend.org.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> Sara Merriman <saramerriman@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>>> So - does anyone know a way of making the external screen the main screen, or
>>> to be fully mirrored, with the lid open so she can use the keyboard and
>>> trackpad?
>>
>> Try Command+F1 or (on a touchbar Mac) Cmd+dim brightness
>> https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/272271/mbp-touch-bar-mirror-displays-keyboard-shorcut
>>
>> Theo
>
> No touch-bar on this one sadly. But her new machine is here now and I've
> (painfully) set it up over TeamViewer, so I've stopped searching for a
> solution.

For furure reference, with both screens on, SysPrefs-Displays- Arrangement.
Drag the menu bar to the external display which then becomes the main screen.
Close the laptop.
--
A consultant is a person who borrows your watch, tells you what time it is, pockets the watch, and sends you a bill for it.

Re: Laptop with broken screen, external works, but...

<mKv5K.600298$vo1.449231@fx07.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7848&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7848

From: saramerr...@blueyonder.co.uk (Sara Merriman)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 08:21:38 GMT
 by: Sara Merriman - Wed, 13 Apr 2022 08:21 UTC

On 13 Apr 2022 at 07:20:21 BST, "Ray" <amos-jones@outlook.com> wrote:

> On 12 Apr 2022 at 13:10:20 BST, "Sara Merriman"
> <saramerriman@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> On 12 Apr 2022 at 10:48:19 BST, "Theo" <theom+news@chiark.greenend.org.uk>
>> wrote:

>>> Try Command+F1 or (on a touchbar Mac) Cmd+dim brightness
>>> https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/272271/mbp-touch-bar-mirror-displays-keyboard-shorcut
>>>
>>> Theo
>>
>> No touch-bar on this one sadly. But her new machine is here now and I've
>> (painfully) set it up over TeamViewer, so I've stopped searching for a
>> solution.
>
> For furure reference, with both screens on, SysPrefs-Displays- Arrangement.
> Drag the menu bar to the external display which then becomes the main screen.
> Close the laptop.

Sigh. The laptop screen, which is the dominent one, is completely black.
Otherwise the whole thing would have been easy. I was trying to find a way of
forcing the secondary screen to become dominant when you cannot see anything
on the primary screen, and there are no external KB or Mouse so just shutting
the lid doesn't work.
--
Spike is a sturdy birdy

Re: Laptop with broken screen, external works, but...

<130420220516173930%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7849&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7849

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 05:16:17 -0400
 by: nospam - Wed, 13 Apr 2022 09:16 UTC

In article <mKv5K.600298$vo1.449231@fx07.ams4>, Sara Merriman
<saramerriman@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> Sigh. The laptop screen, which is the dominent one, is completely black.
> Otherwise the whole thing would have been easy. I was trying to find a way of
> forcing the secondary screen to become dominant when you cannot see anything
> on the primary screen, and there are no external KB or Mouse so just shutting
> the lid doesn't work.

toggle mirroring via command-f1 or via system prefs.

Re: Laptop with broken screen, external works, but...

<1pqd179.1h47cm3u6c9fqN%liz@poppyrecords.invalid.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7861&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7861

From: liz...@poppyrecords.invalid.invalid (Liz Tuddenham)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 17:20:23 +0100
 by: Liz Tuddenham - Wed, 13 Apr 2022 16:20 UTC

Sara Merriman <saramerriman@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> On 13 Apr 2022 at 07:20:21 BST, "Ray" <amos-jones@outlook.com> wrote:
>
> > On 12 Apr 2022 at 13:10:20 BST, "Sara Merriman"
> > <saramerriman@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> >> No touch-bar on this one sadly. But her new machine is here now and I've
> >> (painfully) set it up over TeamViewer, so I've stopped searching for a
> >> solution.
> >
> > For furure reference, with both screens on, SysPrefs-Displays-
> > Arrangement. Drag the menu bar to the external display which then
> > becomes the main screen. Close the laptop.
>
> Sigh. The laptop screen, which is the dominent one, is completely black.
> Otherwise the whole thing would have been easy. I was trying to find a way of
> forcing the secondary screen to become dominant when you cannot see anything
> on the primary screen, and there are no external KB or Mouse so just shutting
> the lid doesn't work.

A slightly off-piste thought: I don't suppose the backlight has failed?
If it has, the screen might still be just-about viewable if you can get
a strong light shining on it from a suitable angle.

--
~ Liz Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk

Re: Laptop with broken screen, external works, but...

<jbovn3Fc7s7U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7870&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7870

From: daniele-...@invalid.com (D.M. Procida)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: 13 Apr 2022 22:04:19 GMT
 by: D.M. Procida - Wed, 13 Apr 2022 22:04 UTC

On 13 Apr 2022 at 10:21:38 CEST, "Sara Merriman"
<saramerriman@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> On 13 Apr 2022 at 07:20:21 BST, "Ray" <amos-jones@outlook.com> wrote:
>
>> On 12 Apr 2022 at 13:10:20 BST, "Sara Merriman"
>> <saramerriman@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>>> No touch-bar on this one sadly. But her new machine is here now and I've
>>> (painfully) set it up over TeamViewer, so I've stopped searching for a
>>> solution.
>>
>> For furure reference, with both screens on, SysPrefs-Displays- Arrangement.
>> Drag the menu bar to the external display which then becomes the main screen.
>> Close the laptop.
>
> Sigh. The laptop screen, which is the dominent one, is completely black.
> Otherwise the whole thing would have been easy. I was trying to find a way of
> forcing the secondary screen to become dominant when you cannot see anything
> on the primary screen, and there are no external KB or Mouse so just shutting
> the lid doesn't work.

The best suggestion I saw here was Command-F1, which toggles Mirroring mode. A
bit late now, but perhaps useful for next time.

You can't force the external screen to become the primary screen via a key
command, but you can turn them into equal partners, which should be good
enough.

Daniele

Re: Laptop with broken screen, external works, but...

<130420221816192387%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7871&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7871

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 18:16:19 -0400
 by: nospam - Wed, 13 Apr 2022 22:16 UTC

In article <jbovn3Fc7s7U1@mid.individual.net>, D.M. Procida
<daniele-at-vurt-dot-org@invalid.com> wrote:

> On 13 Apr 2022 at 10:21:38 CEST, "Sara Merriman"
> You can't force the external screen to become the primary screen via a key
> command, but you can turn them into equal partners, which should be good
> enough.

actually, you can. there are command line tools that can switch it.

Re: Laptop with broken screen, external works, but...

<t38e4j$9dv$1@amos-jones.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7875&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7875

From: amos-jo...@outlook.com (Ray)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 06:14:43 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Ray - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 06:14 UTC

On 13 Apr 2022 at 09:21:38 BST, "Sara Merriman"
<saramerriman@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> On 13 Apr 2022 at 07:20:21 BST, "Ray" <amos-jones@outlook.com> wrote:
>
>> On 12 Apr 2022 at 13:10:20 BST, "Sara Merriman"
>> <saramerriman@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>>> No touch-bar on this one sadly. But her new machine is here now and I've
>>> (painfully) set it up over TeamViewer, so I've stopped searching for a
>>> solution.
>>
>> For furure reference, with both screens on, SysPrefs-Displays- Arrangement.
>> Drag the menu bar to the external display which then becomes the main screen.
>> Close the laptop.
>
> Sigh. The laptop screen, which is the dominent one, is completely black.
> Otherwise the whole thing would have been easy. I was trying to find a way of
> forcing the secondary screen to become dominant when you cannot see anything
> on the primary screen, and there are no external KB or Mouse so just shutting
> the lid doesn't work.

External screens have access to the menu bar and dock even if they are not the
primary.
I guess then that the broken screen also rendered the external unusable?
I apologise if I misunderstood.

--
A political demonstration is just a bunch sloganeers, skivers and me-to-ists

Re: Laptop with broken screen, external works, but...

<8W86K.1359260$Z91.490222@fx03.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7962&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7962

From: saramerr...@blueyonder.co.uk (Sara Merriman)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 07:13:08 GMT
 by: Sara Merriman - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 07:13 UTC

On 13 Apr 2022 at 17:20:23 BST, "Liz Tuddenham" <Liz Tuddenham> wrote:

> Sara Merriman <saramerriman@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> On 13 Apr 2022 at 07:20:21 BST, "Ray" <amos-jones@outlook.com> wrote:

>>> For furure reference, with both screens on, SysPrefs-Displays-
>>> Arrangement. Drag the menu bar to the external display which then
>>> becomes the main screen. Close the laptop.
>>
>> Sigh. The laptop screen, which is the dominent one, is completely black.
>> Otherwise the whole thing would have been easy. I was trying to find a way of
>> forcing the secondary screen to become dominant when you cannot see anything
>> on the primary screen, and there are no external KB or Mouse so just shutting
>> the lid doesn't work.
>
> A slightly off-piste thought: I don't suppose the backlight has failed?
> If it has, the screen might still be just-about viewable if you can get
> a strong light shining on it from a suitable angle.

I didn't think of that - good point.
--
Billy is silly

Re: Laptop with broken screen, external works, but...

<mX86K.1990618$391.1028388@fx05.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7963&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7963

From: saramerr...@blueyonder.co.uk (Sara Merriman)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 07:14:26 GMT
 by: Sara Merriman - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 07:14 UTC

On 13 Apr 2022 at 23:04:19 BST, "D.M. Procida"
<daniele-at-vurt-dot-org@invalid.com> wrote:

> On 13 Apr 2022 at 10:21:38 CEST, "Sara Merriman"
> <saramerriman@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> On 13 Apr 2022 at 07:20:21 BST, "Ray" <amos-jones@outlook.com> wrote:

>>> For furure reference, with both screens on, SysPrefs-Displays- Arrangement.
>>> Drag the menu bar to the external display which then becomes the main screen.
>>> Close the laptop.
>>
>> Sigh. The laptop screen, which is the dominent one, is completely black.
>> Otherwise the whole thing would have been easy. I was trying to find a way of
>> forcing the secondary screen to become dominant when you cannot see anything
>> on the primary screen, and there are no external KB or Mouse so just shutting
>> the lid doesn't work.
>
> The best suggestion I saw here was Command-F1, which toggles Mirroring mode. A
> bit late now, but perhaps useful for next time.
>
> You can't force the external screen to become the primary screen via a key
> command, but you can turn them into equal partners, which should be good
> enough.
>
> Daniele

Yes, I've squirrelled that one away for another time. The new Mac arrived very
quickly, and I then had a painful session helping her set it up over
TeamViewer. But all is now working as it should be.
--
Spike is a sturdy birdy

Re: Laptop with broken screen, external works, but...

<UY86K.1084144$dS2.144048@fx11.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7964&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7964

From: saramerr...@blueyonder.co.uk (Sara Merriman)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 07:16:04 GMT
 by: Sara Merriman - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 07:16 UTC

On 14 Apr 2022 at 07:14:43 BST, "Ray" <amos-jones@outlook.com> wrote:

> On 13 Apr 2022 at 09:21:38 BST, "Sara Merriman"
> <saramerriman@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> On 13 Apr 2022 at 07:20:21 BST, "Ray" <amos-jones@outlook.com> wrote:

>>> For furure reference, with both screens on, SysPrefs-Displays- Arrangement.
>>> Drag the menu bar to the external display which then becomes the main screen.
>>> Close the laptop.
>>
>> Sigh. The laptop screen, which is the dominent one, is completely black.
>> Otherwise the whole thing would have been easy. I was trying to find a way of
>> forcing the secondary screen to become dominant when you cannot see anything
>> on the primary screen, and there are no external KB or Mouse so just shutting
>> the lid doesn't work.
>

> External screens have access to the menu bar and dock even if they are not the
> primary.
> I guess then that the broken screen also rendered the external unusable?
> I apologise if I misunderstood.

We tried the "move the mouse to the external screen and take it to the top to
get the menu bar" and at the bottom to get the dock, but neither worked.

--
Billy is silly