Ah say, son, you're about as sharp as a bowlin' ball.

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Re: Apology

SubjectAuthor
* ApologyNick Odell
+- ApologyJ. P. Gilliver (John)
+- ApologyJohn Ashby
+* ApologyMike McMillan
|`- ApologyJohn Ashby
+- ApologySid Nuncius
`* ApologyBrritSki
 +- ApologyMike McMillan
 `* ApologyChris
  +* ApologyBrritSki
  |`- ApologyChris
  `- ApologyJ. P. Gilliver (John)

1
Apology

<1mdq6h17t1caso7kibbaet1p33bnp08g5p@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7905&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7905

From: nic...@themusicworkshop.plus.com (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Apology
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 14:32:47 +0100
 by: Nick Odell - Sat, 30 Apr 2022 13:32 UTC

I owe umra a full, frank and unreserved apology because I'm afraid
that I have been caught - and not for the first time - listening to
The Archers in a public place.

I was in the Accident and Emergency Department, waiting to have my
whip withdrawn - the consequence of a very nasty riding accident which
I need not go into here - when quite unintentionally The Archers
started playing on my MP3. How it got onto my MP3 I have no idea. It
must have been a mistake because I would never knowingly play that
kind of material in public - or at any other time that anybody could
know about, I might add. Hastily.

Anyway, I'm very, very, very sorry but if we can just put this behind
us we can all make a fresh start and I see no reason why this should
be a resigning issue for me.

Thank you.

Nick

Re: Apology

<f$7XIwtvyTbiFwb5@a.a>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7909&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7909

From: G6J...@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver (John))
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Apology
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 14:42:07 +0100
 by: J. P. Gilliver (John - Sat, 30 Apr 2022 13:42 UTC

On Sat, 30 Apr 2022 at 14:32:47, Nick Odell
<nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> wrote (my responses usually FOLLOW):
>I owe umra a full, frank and unreserved apology because I'm afraid
>that I have been caught - and not for the first time - listening to
>The Archers in a public place.
>
>I was in the Accident and Emergency Department, waiting to have my
>whip withdrawn - the consequence of a very nasty riding accident which
>I need not go into here - when quite unintentionally The Archers
>started playing on my MP3. How it got onto my MP3 I have no idea. It
>must have been a mistake because I would never knowingly play that
>kind of material in public - or at any other time that anybody could
>know about, I might add. Hastily.
>
>Anyway, I'm very, very, very sorry but if we can just put this behind
>us we can all make a fresh start and I see no reason why this should
>be a resigning issue for me.
>
>Thank you.
>
>Nick

LOL (literally). And forwarded.

When you are in it up to your ears, keep your mouth shut.

Re: Apology

<t4jif4$sp9$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7914&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7914

From: johnashb...@yahoo.com (John Ashby)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 15:52:19 +0100
 by: John Ashby - Sat, 30 Apr 2022 14:52 UTC

On 30/04/2022 14:32, Nick Odell wrote:
> I owe umra a full, frank and unreserved apology because I'm afraid
> that I have been caught - and not for the first time - listening to
> The Archers in a public place.
>
> I was in the Accident and Emergency Department, waiting to have my
> whip withdrawn - the consequence of a very nasty riding accident which
> I need not go into here - when quite unintentionally The Archers
> started playing on my MP3. How it got onto my MP3 I have no idea. It
> must have been a mistake because I would never knowingly play that
> kind of material in public - or at any other time that anybody could
> know about, I might add. Hastily.
>
> Anyway, I'm very, very, very sorry but if we can just put this behind
> us we can all make a fresh start and I see no reason why this should
> be a resigning issue for me.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Nick

I assume you were listening to a bondage podcast and accidentally
clicked onto a programme with a similar name.

john

Re: Apology

<t4jj8a$3h1$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7915&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7915

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 15:05:46 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:vR14t/7bzlUUJV54qP3bhCf1gdA=
 by: Mike McMillan - Sat, 30 Apr 2022 15:05 UTC

Nick Odell <nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> wrote:
> I owe umra a full, frank and unreserved apology because I'm afraid
> that I have been caught - and not for the first time - listening to
> The Archers in a public place.
>
> I was in the Accident and Emergency Department, waiting to have my
> whip withdrawn - the consequence of a very nasty riding accident which
> I need not go into here - when quite unintentionally The Archers
> started playing on my MP3. How it got onto my MP3 I have no idea. It
> must have been a mistake because I would never knowingly play that
> kind of material in public - or at any other time that anybody could
> know about, I might add. Hastily.
>
> Anyway, I'm very, very, very sorry but if we can just put this behind
> us we can all make a fresh start and I see no reason why this should
> be a resigning issue for me.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Nick

Is your face as red as the Devonian soil?

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Apology

<t4jn3i$342$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7917&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7917

From: johnashb...@yahoo.com (John Ashby)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 17:11:30 +0100
 by: John Ashby - Sat, 30 Apr 2022 16:11 UTC

On 30/04/2022 16:05, Mike McMillan wrote:
> Nick Odell <nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> wrote:
>> I owe umra a full, frank and unreserved apology because I'm afraid
>> that I have been caught - and not for the first time - listening to
>> The Archers in a public place.
>>
>> I was in the Accident and Emergency Department, waiting to have my
>> whip withdrawn - the consequence of a very nasty riding accident which
>> I need not go into here - when quite unintentionally The Archers
>> started playing on my MP3. How it got onto my MP3 I have no idea. It
>> must have been a mistake because I would never knowingly play that
>> kind of material in public - or at any other time that anybody could
>> know about, I might add. Hastily.
>>
>> Anyway, I'm very, very, very sorry but if we can just put this behind
>> us we can all make a fresh start and I see no reason why this should
>> be a resigning issue for me.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Nick
>>

> Is your face as red as the Devonian soil?

Can we have a chorus or The Parish Pump?

john

Re: Apology

<jd5cclFski6U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7920&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7920

From: nunc...@hotmail.co.uk (Sid Nuncius)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 19:10:29 +0100
 by: Sid Nuncius - Sat, 30 Apr 2022 18:10 UTC

On 30/04/2022 14:32, Nick Odell wrote:
> I owe umra a full, frank and unreserved apology because I'm afraid
> that I have been caught - and not for the first time - listening to
> The Archers in a public place.
>
> I was in the Accident and Emergency Department, waiting to have my
> whip withdrawn - the consequence of a very nasty riding accident which
> I need not go into here - when quite unintentionally The Archers
> started playing on my MP3. How it got onto my MP3 I have no idea. It
> must have been a mistake because I would never knowingly play that
> kind of material in public - or at any other time that anybody could
> know about, I might add. Hastily.
>
> Anyway, I'm very, very, very sorry but if we can just put this behind
> us we can all make a fresh start and I see no reason why this should
> be a resigning issue for me.

:o)))

Bravo!

--
Sid

Re: Apology

<jd5ch9FsmktU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7921&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7921

From: rtilbury...@gmail.com (BrritSki)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 19:12:55 +0100
 by: BrritSki - Sat, 30 Apr 2022 18:12 UTC

On 30/04/2022 14:32, Nick Odell wrote:
> I owe umra a full, frank and unreserved apology because I'm afraid
> that I have been caught - and not for the first time - listening to
> The Archers in a public place.
>
> I was in the Accident and Emergency Department, waiting to have my
> whip withdrawn - the consequence of a very nasty riding accident which
> I need not go into here - when quite unintentionally The Archers
> started playing on my MP3. How it got onto my MP3 I have no idea. It
> must have been a mistake because I would never knowingly play that
> kind of material in public - or at any other time that anybody could
> know about, I might add. Hastily.
>
> Anyway, I'm very, very, very sorry but if we can just put this behind
> us we can all make a fresh start and I see no reason why this should
> be a resigning issue for me.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Nick

An easy mistake to make when you're trying to look at tractors.
I like a big red one best.

Re: Apology

<t4jus0$49c$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7922&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7922

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 18:24:00 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:+7lAAqIbuI8xJVzhF2bTQpIKO1E=
 by: Mike McMillan - Sat, 30 Apr 2022 18:24 UTC

BrritSki <rtilburyTAKEAWAY@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 30/04/2022 14:32, Nick Odell wrote:
>> I owe umra a full, frank and unreserved apology because I'm afraid
>> that I have been caught - and not for the first time - listening to
>> The Archers in a public place.
>>
>> I was in the Accident and Emergency Department, waiting to have my
>> whip withdrawn - the consequence of a very nasty riding accident which
>> I need not go into here - when quite unintentionally The Archers
>> started playing on my MP3. How it got onto my MP3 I have no idea. It
>> must have been a mistake because I would never knowingly play that
>> kind of material in public - or at any other time that anybody could
>> know about, I might add. Hastily.
>>
>> Anyway, I'm very, very, very sorry but if we can just put this behind
>> us we can all make a fresh start and I see no reason why this should
>> be a resigning issue for me.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Nick
>
> An easy mistake to make when you're trying to look at tractors.
> I like a big red one best.

But it must have a large PTO.

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Apology

<t4mb8d$si9$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7972&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7972

From: chris.mc...@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 1 May 2022 16:07:41 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:wqfMXHQzBJE7X9f/oLoacIKu91E=
 by: Chris - Sun, 1 May 2022 16:07 UTC

BrritSki <rtilburyTAKEAWAY@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 30/04/2022 14:32, Nick Odell wrote:
>> I owe umra a full, frank and unreserved apology because I'm afraid
>> that I have been caught - and not for the first time - listening to
>> The Archers in a public place.
>>
>> I was in the Accident and Emergency Department, waiting to have my
>> whip withdrawn - the consequence of a very nasty riding accident which
>> I need not go into here - when quite unintentionally The Archers
>> started playing on my MP3. How it got onto my MP3 I have no idea. It
>> must have been a mistake because I would never knowingly play that
>> kind of material in public - or at any other time that anybody could
>> know about, I might add. Hastily.
>>
>> Anyway, I'm very, very, very sorry but if we can just put this behind
>> us we can all make a fresh start and I see no reason why this should
>> be a resigning issue for me.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Nick
>
> An easy mistake to make when you're trying to look at tractors.
> I like a big red one best.

Big , red, shiny, shirley?

Mrs McT

Re: Apology

<jd7rr4FckgiU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7975&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7975

From: rtilbury...@gmail.com (BrritSki)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 1 May 2022 17:46:27 +0100
 by: BrritSki - Sun, 1 May 2022 16:46 UTC

On 01/05/2022 17:07, Chris wrote:
> BrritSki <rtilburyTAKEAWAY@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> An easy mistake to make when you're trying to look at tractors.
>> I like a big red one best.
>>

> Big , red, shiny, shirley?

I know what I like Chris.

Yours, Ex Tractor Fan

Re: Apology

<6rtetJA1JsbiFwO3@a.a>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7979&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7979

From: G6J...@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver (John))
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 1 May 2022 18:25:09 +0100
 by: J. P. Gilliver (John - Sun, 1 May 2022 17:25 UTC

On Sun, 1 May 2022 at 16:07:41, Chris <chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com>
wrote (my responses usually FOLLOW):
>BrritSki <rtilburyTAKEAWAY@gmail.com> wrote:
[]
>> An easy mistake to make when you're trying to look at tractors.
>> I like a big red one best.
>>

>Big , red, shiny, shirley?
>
>Mrs McT

Ah, that's who he was looking at ...

pu gnikcab yb naem uoy tahw siht sI

Re: Apology

<t4ocpl$acu$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8028&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8028

From: chris.mc...@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 10:46:13 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:ZciCjb06gANNW1G239iK9XOMuIc=
 by: Chris - Mon, 2 May 2022 10:46 UTC

BrritSki <rtilburyTAKEAWAY@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 01/05/2022 17:07, Chris wrote:
>> BrritSki <rtilburyTAKEAWAY@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> An easy mistake to make when you're trying to look at tractors.
>>> I like a big red one best.
>>>

>> Big , red, shiny, shirley?
>>
> I know what I like Chris.
>
> Yours, Ex Tractor Fan