If you are good, you will be assigned all the work. If you are real good, you will get out of it.

aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / Re: OT: RAC, cynical? Me?

SubjectAuthor
* OT: RAC, cynical? Me?R D S
+* Re: OT: RAC, cynical? Me?Ian Jackson
|+* Re: OT: RAC, cynical? Me?R D S
||+- Re: OT: RAC, cynical? Me?mm0fmf
||`- Re: OT: RAC, cynical? Me?Ian Jackson
|`- Re: OT: RAC, cynical? Me?Jim gm4dhj ...
+* Re: OT: RAC, cynical? Me?Fredxx
|`* Re: OT: RAC, cynical? Me?R D S
| `* Re: OT: RAC, cynical? Me?fred
|  `- Re: OT: RAC, cynical? Me?Roger Mills
+* Re: OT: RAC, cynical? Me?David Wade
|`- Re: OT: RAC, cynical? Me?Bob Eager
`- Re: OT: RAC, cynical? Me?R D S

1
OT: RAC, cynical? Me?

<tlvnbv$1m17u$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=79472&group=uk.d-i-y#79472

From: rsa...@yahoo.com (R D S)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: OT: RAC, cynical? Me?
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2022 13:06:07 +0000
 by: R D S - Sun, 27 Nov 2022 13:06 UTC

Last year I was wondering when my RAC cover was due to renew.
I had bother logging in, forgot about and it renewed shortly after.

Yesterday my spider senses must have been tingling because I wondered
again. Couldn't log in apparently wrong password. Did the password reset
thing, no email forthcoming. Gave up.

This morning I get a text message that my cover has renewed.

Re: OT: RAC, cynical? Me?

<2rs6IwCWi2gjFwTo@brattleho.plus.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=79474&group=uk.d-i-y#79474

From: ianREMOV...@g3ohx.co.uk (Ian Jackson)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: OT: RAC, cynical? Me?
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2022 13:39:34 +0000
 by: Ian Jackson - Sun, 27 Nov 2022 13:39 UTC

In message <tlvnbv$1m17u$1@dont-email.me>, R D S <rsandr@yahoo.com>
writes
>Last year I was wondering when my RAC cover was due to renew.
>I had bother logging in, forgot about and it renewed shortly after.
>
>Yesterday my spider senses must have been tingling because I wondered
>again. Couldn't log in apparently wrong password. Did the password
>reset thing, no email forthcoming. Gave up.
>
>This morning I get a text message that my cover has renewed.

This is presumably because you agreed to auto-renewal. Its obvious
benefit is that you won't accidentally be left without cover. Without
checking, if you don't want cover I think you can cancel within 14 days.
--
Ian

Re: OT: RAC, cynical? Me?

<tlvqa0$1m9pk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=79476&group=uk.d-i-y#79476

From: rsa...@yahoo.com (R D S)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2022 13:56:16 +0000
 by: R D S - Sun, 27 Nov 2022 13:56 UTC

On 27/11/2022 13:39, Ian Jackson wrote:

> This is presumably because you agreed to auto-renewal. Its obvious
> benefit is that you won't accidentally be left without cover. Without
> checking, if you don't want cover I think you can cancel within 14 days.

Indeed.
But it's the inability to log in to their site at renewal time that's
making me wonder.

Re: OT: RAC, cynical? Me?

<tlvtso$1mhbh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=79478&group=uk.d-i-y#79478

From: non...@invalid.com (mm0fmf)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2022 14:57:26 +0000
 by: mm0fmf - Sun, 27 Nov 2022 14:57 UTC

On 27/11/2022 13:56, R D S wrote:
> On 27/11/2022 13:39, Ian Jackson wrote:
>>
>> This is presumably because you agreed to auto-renewal. Its obvious
>> benefit is that you won't accidentally be left without cover. Without
>> checking, if you don't want cover I think you can cancel within 14 days.
>
> Indeed.
> But it's the inability to log in to their site at renewal time that's
> making me wonder.

You were providing the wrong details or the site was broken for
everyone. The shit that would hit the fan should it turn out they were
gerrymandering the renewal process is not worth it.

Re: OT: RAC, cynical? Me?

<vL48AhHEv3gjFwiS@brattleho.plus.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=79479&group=uk.d-i-y#79479

From: ianREMOV...@g3ohx.co.uk (Ian Jackson)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2022 15:01:24 +0000
 by: Ian Jackson - Sun, 27 Nov 2022 15:01 UTC

In message <tlvqa0$1m9pk$1@dont-email.me>, R D S <rsandr@yahoo.com>
writes
>On 27/11/2022 13:39, Ian Jackson wrote:
>> This is presumably because you agreed to auto-renewal. Its obvious
>>benefit is that you won't accidentally be left without cover. Without
>>checking, if you don't want cover I think you can cancel within 14 days.
>
>Indeed.
>But it's the inability to log in to their site at renewal time that's
>making me wonder.

I doubt that there's anything suspicious going on. As it's been renewed,
can you do it now?
--
Ian

Re: OT: RAC, cynical? Me?

<tm070r$1n91j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=79487&group=uk.d-i-y#79487

From: kinvig.n...@ntlworld.com (Jim gm4dhj ...)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2022 17:33:15 +0000
 by: Jim gm4dhj ... - Sun, 27 Nov 2022 17:33 UTC

On 27/11/2022 13:39, Ian Jackson wrote:
> In message <tlvnbv$1m17u$1@dont-email.me>, R D S <rsandr@yahoo.com> writes
>> Last year I was wondering when my RAC cover was due to renew.
>> I had bother logging in, forgot about and it renewed shortly after.
>>
>> Yesterday my spider senses must have been tingling because I wondered
>> again. Couldn't log in apparently wrong password. Did the password
>> reset thing, no email forthcoming. Gave up.
>>
>> This morning I get a text message that my cover has renewed.
>
> This is presumably because you agreed to auto-renewal. Its obvious
> benefit is that you won't accidentally be left without cover. Without
> checking, if you don't want cover I think you can cancel within 14 days.
they did me a deal for three years so stuff auto-renewal

Re: OT: RAC, cynical? Me?

<tm09ab$1ndpq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=79491&group=uk.d-i-y#79491

From: fre...@spam.uk (Fredxx)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2022 18:12:27 +0000
 by: Fredxx - Sun, 27 Nov 2022 18:12 UTC

On 27/11/2022 13:06, R D S wrote:
> Last year I was wondering when my RAC cover was due to renew.
> I had bother logging in, forgot about and it renewed shortly after.
>
> Yesterday my spider senses must have been tingling because I wondered
> again. Couldn't log in apparently wrong password. Did the password reset
> thing, no email forthcoming. Gave up.
>
> This morning I get a text message that my cover has renewed.

One reason why I hate auto-renewal is that you can get a substantial
reward if you rejoin using a cashback type website.

You can also get good quality service from smaller entities.

Re: OT: RAC, cynical? Me?

<tm1ts0$1uij4$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=79506&group=uk.d-i-y#79506

From: g4u...@dave.invalid (David Wade)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 09:09:19 +0000
 by: David Wade - Mon, 28 Nov 2022 09:09 UTC

On 27/11/2022 13:06, R D S wrote:
> Last year I was wondering when my RAC cover was due to renew.
> I had bother logging in, forgot about and it renewed shortly after.
>
> Yesterday my spider senses must have been tingling because I wondered
> again. Couldn't log in apparently wrong password. Did the password reset
> thing, no email forthcoming. Gave up.
>
> This morning I get a text message that my cover has renewed.

I had no problems getting into my RAC account when mine renewed. Don't
they also have a phone line?

Dave

Re: OT: RAC, cynical? Me?

<jujd9jF6bn7U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=79508&group=uk.d-i-y#79508

From: news0...@eager.cx (Bob Eager)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: 28 Nov 2022 09:28:19 GMT
 by: Bob Eager - Mon, 28 Nov 2022 09:28 UTC

On Mon, 28 Nov 2022 09:09:19 +0000, David Wade wrote:

> On 27/11/2022 13:06, R D S wrote:
>> Last year I was wondering when my RAC cover was due to renew.
>> I had bother logging in, forgot about and it renewed shortly after.
>>
>> Yesterday my spider senses must have been tingling because I wondered
>> again. Couldn't log in apparently wrong password. Did the password
>> reset thing, no email forthcoming. Gave up.
>>
>> This morning I get a text message that my cover has renewed.
>
> I had no problems getting into my RAC account when mine renewed. Don't
> they also have a phone line?

I gave up with the RAC years ago when they said they had IT problems and
couldn't renew anyone for two or three months. They also misplaced my
account.

My view was that misplacing my account, potentially when I was calling
them from the roadside, was not an acceptable state of affairs.

Re: OT: RAC, cynical? Me?

<tm2dj5$1vqq2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=79515&group=uk.d-i-y#79515

From: rsa...@yahoo.com (R D S)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 13:37:42 +0000
 by: R D S - Mon, 28 Nov 2022 13:37 UTC

On 27/11/2022 13:06, R D S wrote:
> Last year I was wondering when my RAC cover was due to renew.
> I had bother logging in, forgot about and it renewed shortly after.
>
> Yesterday my spider senses must have been tingling because I wondered
> again. Couldn't log in apparently wrong password. Did the password reset
> thing, no email forthcoming. Gave up.

As it turns out it was me being an absolute berk.

Re: OT: RAC, cynical? Me?

<tm2gcn$1vts4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=79519&group=uk.d-i-y#79519

From: rsa...@yahoo.com (R D S)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 14:25:27 +0000
 by: R D S - Mon, 28 Nov 2022 14:25 UTC

On 27/11/2022 18:12, Fredxx wrote:

> One reason why I hate auto-renewal is that you can get a substantial
> reward if you rejoin using a cashback type website.

This is the problem, i'd be happy with it auto renewing but it was £60
quid 3 years ago and £80 this time.
As is always the way absolutely no thanks for being a loyal customer*
rather than wasting everyone's time and effort by playing the system.

*And i've never needed them... touches wood...

Re: OT: RAC, cynical? Me?

<576ef3a1-802f-45f2-b128-ec210ae379ecn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=79585&group=uk.d-i-y#79585

Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 01:15:18 -0800 (PST)
From: tpmcc...@gmail.com (fred)
 by: fred - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 09:15 UTC

On Monday, November 28, 2022 at 2:25:31 PM UTC, R D S wrote:
> On 27/11/2022 18:12, Fredxx wrote:
> >
> > One reason why I hate auto-renewal is that you can get a substantial
> > reward if you rejoin using a cashback type website.
> >
> This is the problem, i'd be happy with it auto renewing but it was £60
> quid 3 years ago and £80 this time.
> As is always the way absolutely no thanks for being a loyal customer*
> rather than wasting everyone's time and effort by playing the system.
>
> *And i've never needed them... touches wood...

Never never agree to auto renewing. It'll catch you by the shorts eventually. They all promise to remind you of the renewal date bit not ll do .I.M.E.

Re: OT: RAC, cynical? Me?

<jupunjFbrq4U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=79770&group=uk.d-i-y#79770

From: mills37....@gmail.com (Roger Mills)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 21:02:44 +0000
 by: Roger Mills - Wed, 30 Nov 2022 21:02 UTC

On 29/11/2022 09:15, fred wrote:
> On Monday, November 28, 2022 at 2:25:31 PM UTC, R D S wrote:
>> On 27/11/2022 18:12, Fredxx wrote:
>>>
>>> One reason why I hate auto-renewal is that you can get a substantial
>>> reward if you rejoin using a cashback type website.
>>>
>> This is the problem, i'd be happy with it auto renewing but it was £60
>> quid 3 years ago and £80 this time.
>> As is always the way absolutely no thanks for being a loyal customer*
>> rather than wasting everyone's time and effort by playing the system.
>>
>> *And i've never needed them... touches wood...
>

> Never never agree to auto renewing. It'll catch you by the shorts eventually. They all promise to remind you of the renewal date bit not ll do .I.M.E.

You can be sure that they'll remind you that it's about to expire when
you *don't* auto-renew!
--
Cheers,
Roger