Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 22:27:30 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Why is there an influx of South Americans into Australia now?
From: oznoo...@gmail.com (Noodle)
 by: Noodle - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 05:27 UTC

Anyone know why?:

Why are there sooo many South Americans now in Sydney???

Everywhere I go, there is a Brazilian or Columbian accent. Never was like this 5 years ago!

It's a massive influx like I've never seen, within the last 5 years, similar to the INDIANS INFLUX of fifteen years ago

Why now? And Why does half of South America come to Australia and not Canada (for example?)

Not complaining, just interested....

Did Brazil, Colimbia and Argentina suddenly allow emigration, where it was banned before?

What has happened suddenly that they all left now and not twenty years ago?

Does anyone know???

Re: Why is there an influx of South Americans into Australia now?

<6529d888@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7979&group=aus.legal#7979

From: not...@telling.you.invalid (Computer Nerd Kev)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: 14 Oct 2023 09:53:44 +1000
 by: Computer Nerd Kev - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 23:53 UTC

Noodle <oznoodle@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone know why?:
>
> Why are there sooo many South Americans now in Sydney???

Dunno, but Foreign Correspondent recently ran a programme covering
some reasons why people might be leaving Argentina:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-10-05/saving-argentina/102941154
(grr, the ABC website doesn't even have transcripts for that show
anymore! It's getting worse by the day.)

If you ask me, the government's immigration rate at the moment is
crazy regardless of where the people are coming from.

--
__ __