From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: SAFER CYCLISTS FOR ROADS!
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 10:16:34 +0000
 by: Spike - Fri, 8 Apr 2022 10:16 UTC

On 08/04/2022 10:02, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 6, 2022 at 9:39:37 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> Anna Madrigal 4th April 7:26 pm
> User ID: 634348

> Why are people commenting here so stupid as to think the make of vehicle being driven bears any relevance to the competence of the driver? I have had many different makes of car during my life and I am sure that I drove no better or worse because the car carried a Peugeot, BMW, Citroen or any other badge. The point here is that the man was assessed by two professional assessors and did not meet the required standard. We none of us have an automatic right to drive and must be able to demonstrate our competence if required to do so in order to continue. The sensible people stop driving without being told to as they recognise that their reactions have slowed and their competence diminished so the only responsible course of action is to give up.

> WELL SAID.

Not really...

Incensed by the decision, George sought further opinions. He underwent
an assessment with IAM RoadSmart and was marked as either ‘excellent’ or
‘competent’ in each of the 12 assessment points.

A requirement for reapplying for a licence with the DLVA is to provide a
medical examination report from a doctor. George was subsequently seen
by his doctor, scoring 27/30 on the MoCA screening and full marks on a
mental state examination scale.

Perhaps cyclists should be made to take a 'mental state examination';
one wonders how many would fail...

SAFER CYCLISTS FOR ROADS!

--
Spike

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / SAFER CYCLISTS FOR ROADS!