24 Apr, 2024: Testing a new version of the Overboard here. If you have an issue post about it to rocksolid.nodes.help (I know. Everyone on Usenet has issues)

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous' hit-and-run

SubjectAuthor
* Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous' hit-and-runswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous'TMS320
|+* Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous' hit-and-runswldx...@gmail.com
||`- Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous'Spike
|+* Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous'Spike
||`- Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous'TMS320
|+- Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous' hit-and-runswldx...@gmail.com
|+* Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous'JNugent
||`* Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous'TMS320
|| `* Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous'JNugent
||  `* Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous'TMS320
||   `- Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous'JNugent
|`- Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous' hit-and-runswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous' hit-and-runswldx...@gmail.com
|`* Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous' hit-and-runswldx...@gmail.com
| `- Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous'Spike
+* Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous' hit-and-runswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous'Spike
+* Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous' hit-and-runswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous'JNugent
+* Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous' hit-and-runswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous'JNugent
+* Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous' hit-and-runswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous'JNugent
|`* Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous'Spike
| `- Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous'JNugent
`* Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous' hit-and-runswldx...@gmail.com
 +- Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous'Spike
 `- Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous' hit-and-runswldx...@gmail.com

Pages:12
Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous' hit-and-run

<d8f48688-5182-4acd-8e0f-376717c200c2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8032&group=uk.rec.cycling#8032

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 09:24:28 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous' hit-and-run
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 8 Apr 2022 16:24 UTC

A Toyota driver will stand trial in the new year accused of killing cyclist Simon Chesher in a hit-and-run almost two years ago.

Edward Hinchcliffe, 76, is said to have struck Mr Chesher on the A417 Reading Road, Ardington, on August 2, 2020.

The cyclist died a month after the crash. Opening an inquest into Mr Chesher’s death, the Oxfordshire coroner Darren Salter said the cause of death was a serious head injury.

Appearing before Oxford Crown Court on Friday afternoon, Hinchcliffe, of Ormond Road, Wantage, pleaded not guilty to dangerous driving and causing death by dangerous driving but admitted alternative charges of careless driving and causing death by careless driving.

Prosecutor Robert Brown told Judge Ian Pringle QC: “The pleas tendered are not acceptable to the Crown and there will need to be a trial.”

The judge fixed the trial to begin on January 3 next year. The case is expected to last three to four days.

Hinchcliffe, who appeared in court wearing a blue tracksuit jumper, spoke only to confirm his name, pleas and that he understood his bail conditions and his trial would take place next year.

After he pleaded guilty to causing death by careless driving, Judge Pringle imposed an interim driving disqualification preventing Hinchcliffe from getting behind the wheel.

Following Mr Chesher’s death, the 38-year-old’s family paid tribute to him and spoke of the impact the tragedy had had.

The said: “Words cannot express how utterly devastating this has been for all of us who knew Simon, the world has truly lost someone who made it a better place to be.”

The family added of the keen athlete and charity fundraiser: “Simon was the most amazing person and his loss leaves such a void in our lives.

“He was a truly wonderful husband, a brilliant uncle, godparent, son, brother, nephew and friend.

“It is a testament to him and his kind nature that so many people from all parts of his life past and present have been sending their love during this time.

“He was so full of life, triathlons had become such a passion for him in the last few years, training and competing brought him so much joy. He was talented at many things, sport, music, art, gardening, photography – he always put his all into anything he took on.

“Simon was such a caring, loving person who would make time for anyone who needed him, always willing to help out others. Through his work he has helped local and national charities over the years, providing donations that have helped so many people.”

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/20055415.trial-oap-denies-killing-cyclist-dangerous-hit-and-run/

Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous' hit-and-run

<t33mfp$521$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8203&group=uk.rec.cycling#8203

From: dr6...@gmail.com (TMS320)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous'
hit-and-run
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 12:06:32 +0100
 by: TMS320 - Tue, 12 Apr 2022 11:06 UTC

On 08/04/2022 17:24, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> Appearing before Oxford Crown Court on Friday afternoon, Hinchcliffe,
> of Ormond Road, Wantage, pleaded not guilty to dangerous driving and
> causing death by dangerous driving but admitted alternative charges
> of careless driving and causing death by careless driving.

Perhaps this country needs an equivalent of "automobile homicide", as in
the story from Utah. The distinction between dangerous and careless
seems rather ridiculous.

Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous' hit-and-run

<aaf54d11-cbee-46e1-a5f6-6852877ecea1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8204&group=uk.rec.cycling#8204

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 05:08:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 12 Apr 2022 12:08 UTC

On Tuesday, April 12, 2022 at 12:06:36 PM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
> On 08/04/2022 17:24, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Appearing before Oxford Crown Court on Friday afternoon, Hinchcliffe,
> > of Ormond Road, Wantage, pleaded not guilty to dangerous driving and
> > causing death by dangerous driving but admitted alternative charges
> > of careless driving and causing death by careless driving.
> Perhaps this country needs an equivalent of "automobile homicide", as in
> the story from Utah. The distinction between dangerous and careless
> seems rather ridiculous.

QUOTE:
Prosecutor Robert Brown told Judge Ian Pringle QC: “The pleas tendered are not acceptable to the Crown and there will need to be a trial.” ENDS

This means that all verdicts are up for grabs including causing death by dangerous driving.

Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous' hit-and-run

<jbljetFmhsiU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8211&group=uk.rec.cycling#8211

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
hit-and-run
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 15:16:46 +0000
 by: Spike - Tue, 12 Apr 2022 15:16 UTC

On 12/04/2022 11:06, TMS320 wrote:
> On 08/04/2022 17:24, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> Appearing before Oxford Crown Court on Friday afternoon, Hinchcliffe
>> of Ormond Road, Wantage, pleaded not guilty to dangerous driving and
>> causing death by dangerous driving but admitted alternative charges
>> of careless driving and causing death by careless driving.

> Perhaps this country needs an equivalent of "automobile homicide", as in
> the story from Utah. The distinction between dangerous and careless
> seems rather ridiculous.

The distinction between dangerous and careless cycling also seems rather
ridiculous. 'Cycle homicide' might well do the job.

--
Spike

Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous' hit-and-run

<jbljhpFmhsiU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8212&group=uk.rec.cycling#8212

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
hit-and-run
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 15:18:18 +0000
 by: Spike - Tue, 12 Apr 2022 15:18 UTC

On 12/04/2022 12:08, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 12, 2022 at 12:06:36 PM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
>> On 08/04/2022 17:24, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> Appearing before Oxford Crown Court on Friday afternoon, Hinchcliffe,
>>> of Ormond Road, Wantage, pleaded not guilty to dangerous driving and
>>> causing death by dangerous driving but admitted alternative charges
>>> of careless driving and causing death by careless driving.

>> Perhaps this country needs an equivalent of "automobile homicide", as in
>> the story from Utah. The distinction between dangerous and careless
>> seems rather ridiculous.

> QUOTE:
> Prosecutor Robert Brown told Judge Ian Pringle QC: “The pleas tendered are not acceptable to the Crown and there will need to be a trial.” ENDS

> This means that all verdicts are up for grabs including causing death by dangerous driving.

The verdicts, which range from Guilty to Not Guilty, are as a result of
the charges brought.

--
Spike

Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous' hit-and-run

<445e8095-ac04-408c-b217-304c1546369en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8217&group=uk.rec.cycling#8217

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 08:43:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 12 Apr 2022 15:43 UTC

On Tuesday, April 12, 2022 at 12:06:36 PM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
> On 08/04/2022 17:24, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Appearing before Oxford Crown Court on Friday afternoon, Hinchcliffe,
> > of Ormond Road, Wantage, pleaded not guilty to dangerous driving and
> > causing death by dangerous driving but admitted alternative charges
> > of careless driving and causing death by careless driving.
> Perhaps this country needs an equivalent of "automobile homicide", as in
> the story from Utah. The distinction between dangerous and careless
> seems rather ridiculous.

There are many UK convictions of murder by using a motor vehicle as the weapon.
Ask Doug.

Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous' hit-and-run

<jbmjhjFskhuU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8224&group=uk.rec.cycling#8224

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
hit-and-run
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 01:24:19 +0100
 by: JNugent - Wed, 13 Apr 2022 00:24 UTC

On 12/04/2022 12:06 pm, TMS320 wrote:

> On 08/04/2022 17:24, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Appearing before Oxford Crown Court on Friday afternoon, Hinchcliffe,
>> of Ormond Road, Wantage, pleaded not guilty to dangerous driving and
>> causing death by dangerous driving but admitted alternative charges
>> of careless driving and causing death by careless driving.
>
> Perhaps this country needs an equivalent of "automobile homicide", as in
> the story from Utah. The distinction between dangerous and careless
> seems rather ridiculous.

It woudn't (to you) if you knew what the difference was.

"Causing death" and "homicide" are synonyms.

Perhaps you'd like taps to be called "faucets" too?

Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous' hit-and-run

<6363f0ff-ffbb-4ea9-a03e-4024e4679838n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8236&group=uk.rec.cycling#8236

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 03:05:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 13 Apr 2022 10:05 UTC

On Tuesday, April 12, 2022 at 12:06:36 PM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
> On 08/04/2022 17:24, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Appearing before Oxford Crown Court on Friday afternoon, Hinchcliffe,
> > of Ormond Road, Wantage, pleaded not guilty to dangerous driving and
> > causing death by dangerous driving but admitted alternative charges
> > of careless driving and causing death by careless driving.
> Perhaps this country needs an equivalent of "automobile homicide", as in
> the story from Utah. The distinction between dangerous and careless
> seems rather ridiculous.

We shall see what charge sticks after he is tried at crown court.
Hopefully it will be the dangerous driving charge.

Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous' hit-and-run

<t3giib$hda$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8445&group=uk.rec.cycling#8445

From: dr6...@gmail.com (TMS320)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
hit-and-run
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 09:19:22 +0100
 by: TMS320 - Sun, 17 Apr 2022 08:19 UTC

On 12/04/2022 16:16, Spike wrote:
> On 12/04/2022 11:06, TMS320 wrote:
>> On 08/04/2022 17:24, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>>> Appearing before Oxford Crown Court on Friday afternoon, Hinchcliffe
>>> of Ormond Road, Wantage, pleaded not guilty to dangerous driving and
>>> causing death by dangerous driving but admitted alternative charges
>>> of careless driving and causing death by careless driving.
>
>> Perhaps this country needs an equivalent of "automobile homicide", as in
>> the story from Utah. The distinction between dangerous and careless
>> seems rather ridiculous.
>
> The distinction between dangerous and careless cycling also seems rather
> ridiculous. 'Cycle homicide' might well do the job.

It could, if you want.

Shrug.

Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous' hit-and-run

<t3gikp$hda$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8446&group=uk.rec.cycling#8446

From: dr6...@gmail.com (TMS320)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
hit-and-run
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 09:20:41 +0100
 by: TMS320 - Sun, 17 Apr 2022 08:20 UTC

On 13/04/2022 01:24, JNugent wrote:
> On 12/04/2022 12:06 pm, TMS320 wrote:
>
>> On 08/04/2022 17:24, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>> Appearing before Oxford Crown Court on Friday afternoon,
>>> Hinchcliffe, of Ormond Road, Wantage, pleaded not guilty to
>>> dangerous driving and causing death by dangerous driving but
>>> admitted alternative charges of careless driving and causing
>>> death by careless driving.
>>
>> Perhaps this country needs an equivalent of "automobile homicide",
>> as in the story from Utah. The distinction between dangerous and
>> careless seems rather ridiculous.
>
> It woudn't (to you) if you knew what the difference was.
>
> "Causing death" and "homicide" are synonyms.

Gosh.

> Perhaps you'd like taps to be called "faucets" too?

Perhaps you should look up the meaning of the word "equivalent".

Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous' hit-and-run

<jc2ijvF79o2U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8453&group=uk.rec.cycling#8453

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
hit-and-run
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 14:22:06 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sun, 17 Apr 2022 13:22 UTC

On 17/04/2022 09:20 am, TMS320 wrote:

> On 13/04/2022 01:24, JNugent wrote:

>>> Perhaps this country needs an equivalent of "automobile homicide",
>>> as in the story from Utah. The distinction between dangerous and
>>> careless seems rather ridiculous.
>
>> It woudn't (to you) if you knew what the difference was.
>> "Causing death" and "homicide" are synonyms.

> Gosh.

You didn't know that, clearly.

>> Perhaps you'd like taps to be called "faucets" too?

> Perhaps you should look up the meaning of the word "equivalent".

Perhaps you should look up the meaning of the words "pointless" and
"irrelevant".

What possible good would come of a law designed to force British people
- and British legislation - to say "homicide" rather than "causing death"?

Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous' hit-and-run

<cd6e8950-8358-415e-9feb-13405a66791an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8459&group=uk.rec.cycling#8459

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 08:56:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 17 Apr 2022 15:56 UTC

> Prosecutor Robert Brown told Judge Ian Pringle QC: “The pleas tendered are not acceptable to the Crown and there will need to be a trial.”

In other words - to hell with your wriggling, we don't believe you.
Get to the big court after stewing for three years in total.

Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous' hit-and-run

<t437s7$c03$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8762&group=uk.rec.cycling#8762

From: dr6...@gmail.com (TMS320)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
hit-and-run
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 11:13:26 +0100
 by: TMS320 - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 10:13 UTC

On 17/04/2022 14:22, JNugent wrote:
> On 17/04/2022 09:20 am, TMS320 wrote:

>>> It woudn't (to you) if you knew what the difference was.
>>> "Causing death" and "homicide" are synonyms.
>
>> Gosh.
>
> You didn't know that, clearly.

The relevant phrase is "automobile homicide". Not just "homicide".

>>> Perhaps you'd like taps to be called "faucets" too?
>
>> Perhaps you should look up the meaning of the word "equivalent".
>
> Perhaps you should look up the meaning of the words "pointless" and
> "irrelevant".
>
> What possible good would come of a law designed to force British people
> - and British legislation - to say "homicide" rather than "causing death"?

Death by [bad] driving could be about a dead cat. Homicide is species
specific.

Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous' hit-and-run

<jcko23Fmac9U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8774&group=uk.rec.cycling#8774

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
hit-and-run
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 11:45:23 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 10:45 UTC

On 24/04/2022 11:13 am, TMS320 wrote:

> On 17/04/2022 14:22, JNugent wrote:

>>> Gosh.
>>
>> You didn't know that, clearly.
>
> The relevant phrase is "automobile homicide". Not just "homicide".

The phrase you made up is not known to law in England. It is not "relevant".

>>> Perhaps you should look up the meaning of the word "equivalent".
>
>> Perhaps you should look up the meaning of the words "pointless" and
>> "irrelevant".
>
>> What possible good would come of a law designed to force British
>> people - and British legislation - to say "homicide" rather than
>> "causing death"?
>
> Death by [bad] driving could be about a dead cat. Homicide is species
> specific.

Have you read the legislation, or have you just gone off on (another)
one without understanding the issues you are ranting about?

Have you looked up the difference(s) between careless driving and
dangerous driving yet?

Have you defined "bad driving"?

I'd say it was unnecessarily blocking a driveway with a parked car.

Mason would say it was picking up a deceased person in a "private
ambulance".

Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous' hit-and-run

<9e34e411-d5c5-4ca8-9525-3fdd9f3371acn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8777&group=uk.rec.cycling#8777

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 03:47:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 10:47 UTC

On Sunday, April 17, 2022 at 4:56:27 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> > Prosecutor Robert Brown told Judge Ian Pringle QC: “The pleas tendered are not acceptable to the Crown and there will need to be a trial.”
> In other words - to hell with your wriggling, we don't believe you.
> Get to the big court after stewing for three years in total.

I will report back when the criminal is sentenced.

Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous' hit-and-run

<jckp4kFmc1tU8@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8788&group=uk.rec.cycling#8788

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
hit-and-run
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 11:03:49 +0000
 by: Spike - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 11:03 UTC

On 24/04/2022 10:47, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, April 17, 2022 at 4:56:27 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> Prosecutor Robert Brown told Judge Ian Pringle QC: “The pleas tendered are not acceptable to the Crown and there will need to be a trial.”

>> In other words - to hell with your wriggling, we don't believe you.
>> Get to the big court after stewing for three years in total.

> I will report back when the criminal is sentenced.

"Sentence first, verdict later"

--
Spike

Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous' hit-and-run

<8a01cb33-35e3-4b50-8ae9-7b2fda46945en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8794&group=uk.rec.cycling#8794

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 06:04:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 13:04 UTC

On Friday, April 8, 2022 at 5:24:29 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> After he pleaded guilty to causing death by careless driving, Judge Pringle imposed an interim driving disqualification preventing Hinchcliffe from getting behind the wheel.

INSTANT JUSTICE - WELL DONE THAT JUDGE.

Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous' hit-and-run

<jcn46sF5mudU5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8810&group=uk.rec.cycling#8810

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
hit-and-run
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 08:25:01 +0000
 by: Spike - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 08:25 UTC

On 24/04/2022 13:04, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, April 8, 2022 at 5:24:29 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> After he pleaded guilty to causing death by careless driving, Judge Pringle imposed an interim driving disqualification preventing Hinchcliffe from getting behind the wheel.

> INSTANT JUSTICE - WELL DONE THAT JUDGE.

Did Charlie Alliston get an interim ban?

--
Spike

Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous' hit-and-run

<cffd799b-3ec2-4448-bdcb-5a4a24a43bb6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8819&group=uk.rec.cycling#8819

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 04:27:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 11:27 UTC

On Friday, April 8, 2022 at 5:24:29 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> A Toyot a driver will stand trial in the new y ear accused of killing cyclist Simon Ches her in a hit-and-run almost two years ago.

It has taken two years to bring this killer to justice - he must have been cackling himself.

GOOD.

Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous' hit-and-run

<a5510726-3381-4779-827d-3bc767cd3fc2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8820&group=uk.rec.cycling#8820

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 04:36:54 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 11:36 UTC

On Friday, April 8, 2022 at 5:24:29 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> A Toyota driver will sta nd trial in the new year accused of killing cyc list Simon Chesher in a hit-and-run almost two years ago.

It has taken two years to bring this killer to justice - he must have been cacking himself.

GOOD.

Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous' hit-and-run

<jcngclF83g4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8822&group=uk.rec.cycling#8822

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
hit-and-run
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 12:52:55 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 11:52 UTC

Talking to himself again...

> On Friday, April 8, 2022 at 5:24:29 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> A Toyot a [sic] driver will stand trial in the new y [sic] ear accused of killing cyclist Simon Ches her [sic] in a hit-and-run almost two years ago.
>
> It has taken two years to bring this killer to justice - he must have been cackling himself.
>
> GOOD.

Cackling?

Unlikely, most would say.

Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous' hit-and-run

<jcngk7F84s3U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8824&group=uk.rec.cycling#8824

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
hit-and-run
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 12:56:57 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 11:56 UTC

Talking to himself again...

> On Friday, April 8, 2022 at 5:24:29 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> A Toyota driver will sta nd [sic] trial in the new year accused of killing cyc list [sic] Simon Chesher in a hit-and-run almost two years ago.
>
> It has taken two years to bring this killer to justice - he must have been cacking himself.
>
> GOOD.

Too late.

Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous' hit-and-run

<1f77e5c8-48a0-445e-8af2-e078c5caa61fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8829&group=uk.rec.cycling#8829

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 07:45:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 14:45 UTC

QUOTE: Appea ring before Oxford Crown Court on Friday afternoon, Hinchcliffe, of Ormond Road, Wantage, pleaded not guilty to dangerous driving and causing death by dang erous driving but admitted alternative charges of careless driving and causing death by careless driving. ENDS

In other words, the court didn't believe you. :-)

Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous' hit-and-run

<jcnrm2FaamfU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8836&group=uk.rec.cycling#8836

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
hit-and-run
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 16:05:40 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 15:05 UTC

> QUOTE: Appea ring before Oxford Crown Court on Friday afternoon, Hinchcliffe, of Ormond Road, Wantage, pleaded not guilty to dangerous driving and causing death by dang erous driving but admitted alternative charges of careless driving and causing death by careless driving. ENDS

> In other words, the court didn't believe you. :-)

No.

The court isn't involved at the CPS's charging stage.

Only simpletons don't know that.

And you didn't know it.

Re: Trial for OAP who denies killing cyclist in 'dangerous' hit-and-run

<jcnrq5Faad0U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8837&group=uk.rec.cycling#8837

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
hit-and-run
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 15:07:51 +0000
 by: Spike - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 15:07 UTC

On 25/04/2022 14:45, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> QUOTE: Appea ring before Oxford Crown Court on Friday afternoon, Hinchcliffe, of Ormond Road, Wantage, pleaded not guilty to dangerous driving and causing death by dang erous driving but admitted alternative charges of careless driving and causing death by careless driving. ENDS

> In other words, the court didn't believe you. :-)

What is a 'dang'?

What is an 'erous'?

And what kind of ring is an 'Appea'?

--