From: jon...@nothere.com (jonz)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: Little Known Fact: Nissan Also Build Ships
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2021 21:38:03 +1100
 by: jonz - Wed, 1 Dec 2021 10:38 UTC

On 3/1/2021 1:19 PM, Noddy wrote:

>>> Because after the Bill Shorten fiasco nobody else *wanted* the job :)
>>
>> **"Fiasco"?
>
> Yep.
>
>> Bill Shorten was an extremely unpopular leader, who presented an
>> excellent suite of policies, designed to introduce fairness into our
>> society and looked to the nation's future.
>>
>> By contrast, the COALition offered exactly ZERO policies, presented
>> by a somewhat more charming, but utterly cretinous human.
>
> Meanwhile in the *real* world, Bill Shorten threw away an election
> that every polster in the country was tipping he's win because his
> policies scared the shit out of people who thought they were going to
> lose money hand over fist.
>
>> Is that what you mean by 'fiasco'?
>
> See the real world explanation. Shorten lost the election because his
> policies were ill conceived and he was utterly fucking *hopeless* at
> selling them to the public. He wasn't unpopular going *into* the
> campaign, but he became so as a result of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mainly because joe public is a greedy mememe type cunt, and the
lieberals exploited this.

--
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea. Massive,
mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it." — Gene

Re: Little Known Fact: Nissan Also Build Ships

<j0p5oaFjc6oU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8053&group=aus.cars#8053

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2021 22:48:23 +1100
 by: Daryl - Wed, 1 Dec 2021 11:48 UTC

On 1/12/21 9:38 pm, jonz wrote:
> On 3/1/2021 1:19 PM, Noddy wrote:

>>> **"Fiasco"?
>>
>> Yep.
>>
>>> Bill Shorten was an extremely unpopular leader, who presented an
>>> excellent suite of policies, designed to introduce fairness into our
>>> society and looked to the nation's future.
>>>
>>> By contrast, the COALition offered exactly ZERO policies, presented
>>> by a somewhat more charming, but utterly cretinous human.
>>
>> Meanwhile in the *real* world, Bill Shorten threw away an election
>> that every polster in the country was tipping he's win because his
>> policies scared the shit out of people who thought they were going to
>> lose money hand over fist.
>>
>>> Is that what you mean by 'fiasco'?
>>
>> See the real world explanation. Shorten lost the election because his
>> policies were ill conceived and he was utterly fucking *hopeless* at
>> selling them to the public. He wasn't unpopular going *into* the
>> campaign, but he became so as a result of it.
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> Mainly because joe public is a greedy mememe type cunt, and the
> lieberals exploited this.

Sounds like a good political tactic, joe public always has and always
will look out for themselves, any politician that doesn't know that
should look for another job.

--
Daryl

Re: Little Known Fact: Nissan Also Build Ships

<so9i8u$rdh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8096&group=aus.cars#8096

From: jon...@nothere.com (jonz)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2021 15:32:27 +1100
 by: jonz - Thu, 2 Dec 2021 04:32 UTC

On 12/1/2021 10:48 PM, Daryl wrote:
> On 1/12/21 9:38 pm, jonz wrote:

>>> Yep.

>>> Meanwhile in the *real* world, Bill Shorten threw away an election
>>> that every polster in the country was tipping he's win because his
>>> policies scared the shit out of people who thought they were going
>>> to lose money hand over fist.

>>> See the real world explanation. Shorten lost the election because
>>> his policies were ill conceived and he was utterly fucking
>>> *hopeless* at selling them to the public. He wasn't unpopular going
>>> *into* the campaign, but he became so as a result of it.
>>
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>
>> Mainly because joe public is a greedy mememe type cunt, and the
>> lieberals exploited this.
>
> Sounds like a good political tactic, joe public always has and always
> will look out for themselves, any politician that doesn't know that
> should look for another job.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So according to you, we are a nation of greedy bludgers and therefore
get the government we deserve.... I rest my case!.

--
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea. Massive,
mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it." — Gene
Spafford, 1992

Re: Little Known Fact: Nissan Also Build Ships

<j0rsghF4pvdU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8107&group=aus.cars#8107

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2021 23:29:03 +1100
 by: Daryl - Thu, 2 Dec 2021 12:29 UTC

On 2/12/21 3:32 pm, jonz wrote:
> On 12/1/2021 10:48 PM, Daryl wrote:

>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>>
>>> Mainly because joe public is a greedy mememe type cunt, and the
>>> lieberals exploited this.
>>
>> Sounds like a good political tactic, joe public always has and always
>> will look out for themselves, any politician that doesn't know that
>> should look for another job.
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> So according to you, we are a nation of greedy bludgers and therefore
> get the government we deserve.... I rest my case!.

LOL, definitely greedy and self interested but I didn't say bludgers.
Did we get the Govt we deserve, last election I choose the Liberals
because at the time I thought that they were the lesser of the 2 evils
and so far I haven't seen a lot to change my mind and I'm a person that
voted Labor most of my life.
After the way the Vic Labor has gone out of its way to destroy small
business and hand the state over to big unions I just couldn't bring
myself to vote Labor and yes I do know the difference between state and
federal but I simply couldn't bring myself to trust any Labor Govt.
As I get older the more cynical and disinterested I get about politics,
I rarely take any notice of any political news, its mostly BS and spin
so fuck the lot of them.
Could be worse, we could be in the USA where they have gone from having
a criminally insane President to one who has dementia and doesn't know
his arse from his elbow but are they getting what they deserve, very
likely:-)

--
Daryl