Fertility is hereditary. If your parents didn't have any children, neither will you.

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / spoiler (not). 5th May

SubjectAuthor
* spoiler (not). 5th MayChris
`* spoiler (not). 5th MayVicky
 +* spoiler (not). 5th MayMelbTony
 |+- spoiler (not). 5th MayMike McMillan
 |+- spoiler (not). 5th MayVicky
 |+* spoiler (not). 5th MayKate B
 ||`- spoiler (not). 5th Maykrw
 |`- spoiler (not). 5th MayNick Odell
 `* spoiler (not). 5th MaySerena Blanchflower
  +- spoiler (not). 5th MayVicky
  +- spoiler (not). 5th MayBrritSki
  `* spoiler (not). 5th MaySam Plusnet
   +- spoiler (not). 5th MayMike McMillan
   `- spoiler (not). 5th Maykrw

1
spoiler (not). 5th May

<t514rt$ift$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8104&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8104

From: chris.mc...@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: spoiler (not). 5th May
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 18:26:05 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:o41vTgeh0kqQSEnXGxD4kOTpp5A=
 by: Chris - Thu, 5 May 2022 18:26 UTC

Well done, but Kathy hasn’t *sold* April Cottage, only rented it for
however long (which we don’t know)., so why talk as if they’ll never see
her again?

More to the point *what* is Oliver going to do with himself? He certainly
doesn’t need to live at Grange Farm forever.

Best Chris

Re: spoiler (not). 5th May

<c8d87h58pdjuk8ra22v0jahjee41bmh8ma@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8105&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8105

From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: spoiler (not). 5th May
Date: Thu, 05 May 2022 21:39:18 +0100
 by: Vicky - Thu, 5 May 2022 20:39 UTC

On Thu, 5 May 2022 18:26:05 -0000 (UTC), Chris
<chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>Well done, but Kathy hasn’t *sold* April Cottage, only rented it for
>however long (which we don’t know)., so why talk as if they’ll never see
>her again?
>
>More to the point *what* is Oliver going to do with himself? He certainly
>doesn’t need to live at Grange Farm forever.
>
>Best Chris

And itis not theend of GG is it? They are just updating, or will they
change the name too? Won't that lose a lot of good will? I thought it
not that amusing today. Sort of oh dear we have tolisten through this
as a sort of duty. And Kathy will be back so the big farewell was
OTT. Both farewells were.

Jolene stole two of Kathy's men. One is bad enough but two is greedy.
I think staying low key would have been best, not the big but you do
still love me scene.

I liked yesterday's episode though.The sheep's faces. I like the Eds
anyway.

Re: spoiler (not). 5th May

<72ff72c5-b5c6-4b62-91f9-5bc01ffcb90dn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8106&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8106

Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 22:30:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: tonybrye...@gmail.com (MelbTony)
 by: MelbTony - Fri, 6 May 2022 05:30 UTC

Someone will be needed to mow the lawns, prune the roses etc etc. The whole shutdown timetable and Kathy's departure stretches my credulity to the limit. And why is Tracey desperate for money when she's getting 3(?) months money?

Re: spoiler (not). 5th May

<t52il6$8jt$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8107&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8107

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 07:27:34 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:LoOt7LnjbaOzEEj9hupLNe+u9bI=
 by: Mike McMillan - Fri, 6 May 2022 07:27 UTC

MelbTony <tonybryermelb@gmail.com> wrote:
> Someone will be needed to mow the lawns, prune the roses etc etc. The
> whole shutdown timetable and Kathy's departure stretches my credulity to
> the limit. And why is Tracey desperate for money when she's getting 3(?) months money?

Because her month is much longer than her pay packet anyway?

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: spoiler (not). 5th May

<atn97htq14o4dbps8dts7c4pkpdnqp3h13@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8108&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8108

From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 06 May 2022 09:43:55 +0100
 by: Vicky - Fri, 6 May 2022 08:43 UTC

On Thu, 5 May 2022 22:30:06 -0700 (PDT), MelbTony
<tonybryermelb@gmail.com> wrote:

>Someone will be needed to mow the lawns, prune the roses etc etc. The whole shutdown timetable and Kathy's departure stretches my credulity to the limit. And why is Tracey desperate for money when she's getting 3(?) months money?

And why did she already owe money for son's lunches? Clueless SWs?

Re: spoiler (not). 5th May

<t52ohb$hkp$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8109&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8109

From: nos...@blanchflower.me.uk (Serena Blanchflower)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 10:07:55 +0100
 by: Serena Blanchflower - Fri, 6 May 2022 09:07 UTC

On 05/05/2022 21:39, Vicky wrote:
> On Thu, 5 May 2022 18:26:05 -0000 (UTC), Chris
> <chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>> Well done, but Kathy hasn’t *sold* April Cottage, only rented it for
>> however long (which we don’t know)., so why talk as if they’ll never see
>> her again?
>>
>> More to the point *what* is Oliver going to do with himself? He certainly
>> doesn’t need to live at Grange Farm forever.
>>
>> Best Chris
>>

> And itis not theend of GG is it? They are just updating, or will they
> change the name too? Won't that lose a lot of good will? I thought it
> not that amusing today. Sort of oh dear we have tolisten through this
> as a sort of duty. And Kathy will be back so the big farewell was
> OTT. Both farewells were.

I suspect they're likely to rebadge GG when they reopen. It sounds as
if they are planning something completely different from the old hotel,
so any good will attached to a rather faded country house hotel wouldn't
add much value to whatever it's going to metamorphose into. A year's
closure will also have eroded any remaining good will.

As for Kathy, why do you think she'll be back? Once she's completed her
road trip, she's said she wants to move closer to Jamie, in Hereford.
Mind you, I'd have thought it would make more sense to be putting April
Cottage on the market (Tom and Gnasher might even be able to afford to
buy it), rather than renting it out and then, presumably, needing to
rent a new home near Hereford.

The big farewell was clearly intended as a proper farewell (and, perhaps
an apology to) Hedli Niklaus, who had been treated pretty shabbily, the
way they simply silenced her and even avoided mentioning her most of the
time.

> Jolene stole two of Kathy's men. One is bad enough but two is greedy.
> I think staying low key would have been best, not the big but you do
> still love me scene.

To be fair to Jolene, she could only be said to have stolen[1] one of
them. Kathy had ended her relationship with Kenton some months before
he took up with Jolene. I'm reminded by Brenda Selwyn, late of this
parish, that he had a brief relationship with someone else in the interim.

I think Kathy should have been allowed to acknowledge the support Jolene
had given her, in the months following her rape, which did a huge amount
to mend bridges between them.

[1] Can anyone be said to have stolen another person (short of
kidnapping them)? Sid was certainly only too willing to stray but I
can't remember which of them took the lead in initiating their affaire.
--
Best wishes, Serena
When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. (George

Re: spoiler (not). 5th May

<lhq97hdemtb82356o0pnld49uomki71j0r@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8110&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8110

From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 06 May 2022 10:29:13 +0100
 by: Vicky - Fri, 6 May 2022 09:29 UTC

On Fri, 6 May 2022 10:07:55 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
<nospam@blanchflower.me.uk> wrote:

>On 05/05/2022 21:39, Vicky wrote:
>> On Thu, 5 May 2022 18:26:05 -0000 (UTC), Chris
>> <chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Well done, but Kathy hasn’t *sold* April Cottage, only rented it for
>>> however long (which we don’t know)., so why talk as if they’ll never see
>>> her again?
>>>
>>> More to the point *what* is Oliver going to do with himself? He certainly
>>> doesn’t need to live at Grange Farm forever.
>>>
>>> Best Chris
>>>

>> And itis not theend of GG is it? They are just updating, or will they
>> change the name too? Won't that lose a lot of good will? I thought it
>> not that amusing today. Sort of oh dear we have tolisten through this
>> as a sort of duty. And Kathy will be back so the big farewell was
>> OTT. Both farewells were.
>
>I suspect they're likely to rebadge GG when they reopen. It sounds as
>if they are planning something completely different from the old hotel,
>so any good will attached to a rather faded country house hotel wouldn't
>add much value to whatever it's going to metamorphose into. A year's
>closure will also have eroded any remaining good will.
>
>As for Kathy, why do you think she'll be back? Once she's completed her
>road trip, she's said she wants to move closer to Jamie, in Hereford.
>Mind you, I'd have thought it would make more sense to be putting April
>Cottage on the market (Tom and Gnasher might even be able to afford to
>buy it), rather than renting it out and then, presumably, needing to
>rent a new home near Hereford.
>
>The big farewell was clearly intended as a proper farewell (and, perhaps
>an apology to) Hedli Niklaus, who had been treated pretty shabbily, the
>way they simply silenced her and even avoided mentioning her most of the
>time.
>

>> Jolene stole two of Kathy's men. One is bad enough but two is greedy.
>> I think staying low key would have been best, not the big but you do
>> still love me scene.
>
>To be fair to Jolene, she could only be said to have stolen[1] one of
>them. Kathy had ended her relationship with Kenton some months before
>he took up with Jolene. I'm reminded by Brenda Selwyn, late of this
>parish, that he had a brief relationship with someone else in the interim.
>
>I think Kathy should have been allowed to acknowledge the support Jolene
>had given her, in the months following her rape, which did a huge amount
>to mend bridges between them.
>

>[1] Can anyone be said to have stolen another person (short of
>kidnapping them)? Sid was certainly only too willing to stray but I
>can't remember which of them took the lead in initiating their affaire.

You are right really on all points. She probably has left TA. I was
just grumpy as it was a sad and boring episode.

Re: spoiler (not). 5th May

<jdknq2FqpgjU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8111&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8111

From: elv...@nospam.demon.co.uk (Kate B)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 14:57:23 +0100
 by: Kate B - Fri, 6 May 2022 13:57 UTC

On 06/05/2022 06:30, MelbTony wrote:
> Someone will be needed to mow the lawns, prune the roses etc etc. The whole shutdown timetable and Kathy's departure stretches my credulity to the limit. And why is Tracey desperate for money when she's getting 3(?) months money?

I've always wondered who did the grounds at GG (and indeed at LL). They
must need well-qualified gardeners and tree surgeons and hedge cutters
galore. You'd have thought we'd hear more about them, if for the job
opportunities alone.

--
Kate B

Re: spoiler (not). 5th May

<t53d7e$19cl$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8112&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8112

From: krw...@whitnet.uk (krw)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 16:01:00 +0100
 by: krw - Fri, 6 May 2022 15:01 UTC

On 6.5.22 14:57, Kate B wrote:
> On 06/05/2022 06:30, MelbTony wrote:
>> Someone will be needed to mow the lawns, prune the roses etc etc. The
>> whole shutdown timetable and Kathy's departure stretches my credulity
>> to the limit. And why is Tracey desperate for money when she's getting
>> 3(?) months money?
>
> I've always wondered who did the grounds at GG (and indeed at LL). They
> must need well-qualified gardeners and tree surgeons and hedge cutters
> galore. You'd have thought we'd hear more about them, if for the job
> opportunities alone.

Third party contractors who do not live in the village like Kenzie and
Blake and so on.

--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk

Re: spoiler (not). 5th May

<jdl1pgFskqhU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8113&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8113

From: rtilbury...@gmail.com (BrritSki)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 17:47:43 +0100
 by: BrritSki - Fri, 6 May 2022 16:47 UTC

On 06/05/2022 10:07, Serena Blanchflower wrote:

> Sid was certainly only too willing to stray

ITYM willing to spray, but not with the current state of intubation :(

Re: spoiler (not). 5th May

<48fdK.92950$3b1.81602@fx14.ams1>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8114&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8114

Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 21:01:04 +0100
 by: Sam Plusnet - Fri, 6 May 2022 20:01 UTC

On 06-May-22 10:07, Serena Blanchflower wrote:

> I suspect they're likely to rebadge GG when they reopen.  It sounds as
> if they are planning something completely different from the old hotel,
> so any good will attached to a rather faded country house hotel wouldn't
> add much value to whatever it's going to metamorphose into.  A year's
> closure will also have eroded any remaining good will.

Oh! Please let it become the centre for some weird cult, with lots of
strange going's-on and some very strange people wandering around Ambridge.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: spoiler (not). 5th May

<t557j1$8oc$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8117&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8117

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 7 May 2022 07:37:05 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:/LJkWzPv5hA75pdeVjIEJFdtVLY=
 by: Mike McMillan - Sat, 7 May 2022 07:37 UTC

Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> wrote:
> On 06-May-22 10:07, Serena Blanchflower wrote:
>>
>> I suspect they're likely to rebadge GG when they reopen.  It sounds as
>> if they are planning something completely different from the old hotel,
>> so any good will attached to a rather faded country house hotel wouldn't
>> add much value to whatever it's going to metamorphose into.  A year's
>> closure will also have eroded any remaining good will.
>
> Oh! Please let it become the centre for some weird cult, with lots of
> strange going's-on and some very strange people wandering around Ambridge.

Nudity, drugs, polygamy, polyamory, crypto-currency, dubious data mining
centre, tax havening? Oh so just normal Ambridge business practice then.

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: spoiler (not). 5th May

<4d9234ed-595e-4f3e-aa73-2f23f915865bn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8118&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8118

Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 7 May 2022 04:06:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: nickod...@bigfoot.com (Nick Odell)
 by: Nick Odell - Sat, 7 May 2022 11:06 UTC

On Friday, May 6, 2022 at 5:30:07 AM UTC, MelbTony wrote:
> Someone will be needed to mow the lawns, prune the roses etc etc. The whole shutdown timetable and Kathy's departure stretches my credulity to the limit. And why is Tracey desperate for money when she's getting 3(?) months money?

No lawns, roses this month.

Over here it's No Mow May[1]

Nick
[1]The French-American cellist's smarter, younger brother?

Re: spoiler (not). 5th May

<t55oiq$19qj$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8121&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8121

From: krw...@whitnet.uk (krw)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 7 May 2022 13:27:06 +0100
 by: krw - Sat, 7 May 2022 12:27 UTC

On 6.5.22 21:01, Sam Plusnet wrote:
> On 06-May-22 10:07, Serena Blanchflower wrote:
>>
>> I suspect they're likely to rebadge GG when they reopen.  It sounds as
>> if they are planning something completely different from the old
>> hotel, so any good will attached to a rather faded country house hotel
>> wouldn't add much value to whatever it's going to metamorphose into.
>> A year's closure will also have eroded any remaining good will.
>
> Oh!  Please let it become the centre for some weird cult, with lots of
> strange going's-on and some very strange people wandering around Ambridge.

I thought that had happened already in the Village.

--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk