One big pile is better than two little piles. -- Arlo Guthrie

aus+uk / uk.rec.sheds / Knotting together Thunderbird and Eternal September

SubjectAuthor
* Knotting together Thunderbird and Eternal SeptemberTone
+* Knotting together Thunderbird and Eternal SeptemberTease'n'Seize
|`- Knotting together Thunderbird and Eternal SeptemberTone
`* Knotting together Thunderbird and Eternal SeptemberJohn Williamson
 `- Knotting together Thunderbird and Eternal SeptemberTone

1
Knotting together Thunderbird and Eternal September

<t0v38k$o59$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8111&group=uk.rec.sheds#8111

From: ema...@address.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Knotting together Thunderbird and Eternal September
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 10:41:30 +0000
 by: Tone - Thu, 17 Mar 2022 10:41 UTC

Now that I have this new 'puter I would love to get ye shedd on to it,
but not via google gropes, and I cazzun for the life of me unforget how
to get eternal september jbexing via thunderbird.

Can anyone give me an idiot guide in plain languidge?

cheers

Tone

Re: Knotting together Thunderbird and Eternal September

<rcidncH65dK-ga7_nZ2dnUU7-efNnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8114&group=uk.rec.sheds#8114

Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 11:31:44 +0000
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: tease-an...@invalid (Tease'n'Seize)
 by: Tease'n'Se - Thu, 17 Mar 2022 11:31 UTC

Tone wrote:

> Now that I have this new 'puter I would love to get ye shedd on to it, but not
> via google gropes, and I cazzun for the life of me unforget how to get eternal
> september jbexing via thunderbird.
>
> Can anyone give me an idiot guide in plain languidge?

do you have an active E-S account, I think they expire after "some" fortnights
inactivity,

under tools/accounts settings/account actions

Add an "other" type of account, pick newsgroup (it's the only choice)

use server name "news.eternal-september.org" port 119, security none

** very important ** click the "always authenticate" option

then right click on the new account in the left of thunderblum and "subscribe"

it ought to download the list of groups, the shed will be there waiting for you ...

Re: Knotting together Thunderbird and Eternal September

<j9gkoaFdrh6U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8115&group=uk.rec.sheds#8115

From: johnwill...@btinternet.com (John Williamson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 11:35:37 +0000
 by: John Williamson - Thu, 17 Mar 2022 11:35 UTC

On 17/03/2022 10:41, Tone wrote:
> Now that I have this new 'puter I would love to get ye shedd on to it,
> but not via google gropes, and I cazzun for the life of me unforget how
> to get eternal september jbexing via thunderbird.
>
> Can anyone give me an idiot guide in plain languidge?

Tools - account settings - account actions - add new account (other)

Server name: news.eternal-september.org
Port : 119 (NNTP)
Port : 563 (encrypted connection NNTPS)

Your current ES login details will let you connect.

I use my normal outgoing mail account settings to send replies to port
25, which may not work for you, as I am on the German swerver.
--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Re: Knotting together Thunderbird and Eternal September

<t11oqo$rb1$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8129&group=uk.rec.sheds#8129

From: ema...@address.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 11:01:52 +0000
 by: Tone - Fri, 18 Mar 2022 11:01 UTC

On 17/03/2022 11:31, Tease'n'Seize wrote:
> Tone wrote:
>
>> Now that I have this new 'puter I would love to get ye shedd on to it,
>> but not via google gropes, and I cazzun for the life of me unforget
>> how to get eternal september jbexing via thunderbird.
>>
>> Can anyone give me an idiot guide in plain languidge?
>
> do you have an active E-S account, I think they expire after "some"
> fortnights inactivity,
>
> under tools/accounts settings/account actions
>
> Add an "other" type of account, pick newsgroup (it's the only choice)
>
> use server name "news.eternal-september.org" port 119, security none
>
> ** very important ** click the "always authenticate" option
>
> then right click on the new account in the left of thunderblum and
> "subscribe"
>
> it ought to download the list of groups, the shed will be there waiting
> for you ...

Ta. This sounds like a wbo for when I'm fbore.

I might be some time.

Tone

Re: Knotting together Thunderbird and Eternal September

<t11or8$rb1$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8130&group=uk.rec.sheds#8130

From: ema...@address.com (Tone)