From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Non-Event of the day 745: Cyclist going too fast
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 13:34:03 +0000
 by: Spike - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 13:34 UTC

Today's Near Miss of the Day will be a familiar to anyone who's spent
time out on the roads...

A road user turning onto a main road from a side street creeping out —
are they coming? Will they wait for me to pass?

In this case, the driver did wait...but only for a second.

road.cc reader Daniel was on his usual commute when "the van driver
obviously underestimated how quick I was going (about 25mph on that part).

"Once he realised he hesitated for a second then decided to carry on
regardless. I've only just started recording my journeys due to many
incidents like this, unfortunately as he came side on I wasn't able to
catch the licence plate."

<https://road.cc/content/news/near-miss-day-745-291823>

SUGGESTIONS:
TRY GOING LESS FAST
REVIEW YOUR ROUTE FOR HAZARD SPOTS
REASSESS YOUR DEFENSIVE CYCLING TECHNIQUES

--
Spike

Re: Non-Event of the day 745: Cyclist going too fast

<t30ufr$sr0$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8125&group=uk.rec.cycling#8125

From: muzhm...@centrum.sk (Peter Keller)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Non-Event of the day 745: Cyclist going too fast
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 22:04:43 +1200
 by: Peter Keller - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 10:04 UTC

On 11/04/22 01:34, Spike wrote:

> Today's Near Miss of the Day will be a familiar to anyone who's spent
> time out on the roads...
>
> A road user turning onto a main road from a side street creeping out —
> are they coming? Will they wait for me to pass?
>
> In this case, the driver did wait...but only for a second.
>
> road.cc reader Daniel was on his usual commute when "the van driver
> obviously underestimated how quick I was going (about 25mph on that part).
>
> "Once he realised he hesitated for a second then decided to carry on
> regardless. I've only just started recording my journeys due to many
> incidents like this, unfortunately as he came side on I wasn't able to
> catch the licence plate."
>
> <https://road.cc/content/news/near-miss-day-745-291823>
>
> SUGGESTIONS:
> TRY GOING LESS FAST
> REVIEW YOUR ROUTE FOR HAZARD SPOTS
> REASSESS YOUR DEFENSIVE CYCLING TECHNIQUES

DON"T SHOUT

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Non-Event of the day 745: Cyclist going too fast