From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: This week's spoiler from the DF.
Date: Sat, 07 May 2022 21:55:05 +0100
 by: Vicky - Sat, 7 May 2022 20:55 UTC

It’s odd how months would pass without any mention being made of the
Lower Loxley Orangery, yet this past month it’s been shoe-horned into
various Ambridge conversations. Could it be that Alice will be back on
the hedge vodka and looking for an expanse of glass to heave a brick
at? Or is it the fact that there’s a job on offer at the Orangery Café
and the village is awash with the newly redundant of Grey Gables?
While Freddie and Lily argue about the right candidate, there’s more
catering trouble over at the Tea Room, where a careless mistake has
dire consequences. Tracy, meanwhile, who’s already struggling on a
number of fronts, has yet further woes.
(Did we discover who the nemesis was?)

Re: This week's spoiler from the DF.

<R6YE5cL4XvdiFwLX@a.a>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8130&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8130

From: G6J...@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver (John))
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: This week's spoiler from the DF.
Date: Sat, 7 May 2022 23:43:04 +0100
 by: J. P. Gilliver (John - Sat, 7 May 2022 22:43 UTC

On Sat, 7 May 2022 at 21:55:05, Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> wrote (my

>It’s odd how months would pass without any mention being made of the
>Lower Loxley Orangery, yet this past month it’s been shoe-horned into
>various Ambridge conversations. Could it be that Alice will be back on

I always visualised an orangery as a well-lit thing - like a
conservatory - big (and well-heated) enough to grow an orange-tree in.
We had a panning application recently for one (to be added to one of our
listed buildings; seemed to have been sympathetically designed, so we
recommended approval). Unusually, the applicant turned up at our meeting
(any such has that right, but few do), and I asked if they had any plans
to grow oranges in their orangery. (They said not at the moment! But ask
them again in a few years.)

>the hedge vodka and looking for an expanse of glass to heave a brick

(I've not encountered the phrase "hedge vodka" before.)

>at? Or is it the fact that there’s a job on offer at the Orangery Café
>and the village is awash with the newly redundant of Grey Gables?
>While Freddie and Lily argue about the right candidate, there’s more
>catering

>trouble over at the Tea Room

I can't be the only one who thought of The Goodies at that point
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqgihU6lmio - but that's only 36"; I
think the original was longer. There are a couple of "reaction to"s that
has more, but they're intrusive.)

>, where a careless mistake has
>dire consequences. Tracy, meanwhile, who’s already struggling on a
>number of fronts, has yet further woes.
>(Did we discover who the nemesis was?)

For this star a "night on the tiles" means winning at Scrabble - Kathy Lette
(on Kylie), RT 2014/1/11-17

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Re: This week's spoiler from the DF.