From a fb group

<b43f7h9pmupe2vudlavkqrch9rf8oqokmc@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8131&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8131

From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: From a fb group
Date: Sun, 08 May 2022 10:26:13 +0100
 by: Vicky - Sun, 8 May 2022 09:26 UTC

Why was Lynda not at the party, I missed her sniff

Good point? Surely she was important?

Re: From a fb group

<t58c4a$4ku$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8132&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8132

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: From a fb group
Date: Sun, 8 May 2022 12:12:58 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:wUe9o5FW4bt+jbyf/+7dAvD6Xi4=
 by: Mike McMillan - Sun, 8 May 2022 12:12 UTC

Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why was Lynda not at the party, I missed her sniff
>
> Good point? Surely she was important?

Perhaps the S/W’s drew up a list of possible candidates for inclusion but
Lynda didn’t make it to the Snellen Chart.

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: From a fb group

<t58dh4$1pe8$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8133&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8133

From: krw...@whitnet.uk (krw)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 8 May 2022 13:36:52 +0100
 by: krw - Sun, 8 May 2022 12:36 UTC

On 8.5.22 13:12, Mike McMillan wrote:
> Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Why was Lynda not at the party, I missed her sniff
>>
>> Good point? Surely she was important?
>>

> Perhaps the S/W’s drew up a list of possible candidates for inclusion but
> Lynda didn’t make it to the Snellen Chart.

Lyndiepops was no longer employed at Gray Gables not having returned as
an employee following the explosion.

What I do not understand is why Oliver, knowing the pain the staff would
suffer (and despite Tracy's comments he does have concerns for them),
would wish to retain 40%. At that level he is committed to paying for
40% of the refurbishment and in reality has no say on what is chosen.
In his position and with the history that he has seeing Caroline's pride
and joy being changed would I have thought been far too painful.

--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk

Re: From a fb group

<t58e4p$iv7$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8134&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8134

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 8 May 2022 12:47:21 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:EYHnOpNszm0EF6xWNEnJAdnMuI4=
 by: Mike McMillan - Sun, 8 May 2022 12:47 UTC

krw <krw@whitnet.uk> wrote:
> On 8.5.22 13:12, Mike McMillan wrote:
>> Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Why was Lynda not at the party, I missed her sniff
>>>
>>> Good point? Surely she was important?
>>>

>> Perhaps the S/W’s drew up a list of possible candidates for inclusion but
>> Lynda didn’t make it to the Snellen Chart.
>>

> Lyndiepops was no longer employed at Gray Gables not having returned as
> an employee following the explosion.
>
> What I do not understand is why Oliver, knowing the pain the staff would
> suffer (and despite Tracy's comments he does have concerns for them),
> would wish to retain 40%. At that level he is committed to paying for
> 40% of the refurbishment and in reality has no say on what is chosen.
> In his position and with the history that he has seeing Caroline's pride
> and joy being changed would I have thought been far too painful.

I wonder if perhaps the, as yet, undisclosed partner and developer might be
Lord Netherbourne & Co.?

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: From a fb group

<gtuf7hto4bqf8ffsjp9gi1ca0j40orqn8b@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8135&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8135

From: nic...@themusicworkshop.plus.com (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 08 May 2022 18:25:30 +0100
 by: Nick Odell - Sun, 8 May 2022 17:25 UTC

On Sun, 8 May 2022 13:36:52 +0100, krw <krw@whitnet.uk> wrote:

>On 8.5.22 13:12, Mike McMillan wrote:
>> Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Why was Lynda not at the party, I missed her sniff
>>>
>>> Good point? Surely she was important?
>>>

>> Perhaps the S/W’s drew up a list of possible candidates for inclusion but
>> Lynda didn’t make it to the Snellen Chart.
>>

>Lyndiepops was no longer employed at Gray Gables not having returned as
>an employee following the explosion.

You make a good point KRW!

I'd been wondering whether she had just been out of earshot all
evening but that people would later talk about her having been in the
kitchen[1] all the time.

But your explanation nails it.

<snip>
Nick
[1]Other off-mike rooms are available

Re: From a fb group

<530g7h5q76hjgcceukua07mrbk8rvduas1@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8136&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8136

From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 08 May 2022 18:41:18 +0100
 by: Vicky - Sun, 8 May 2022 17:41 UTC

On Sun, 8 May 2022 13:36:52 +0100, krw <krw@whitnet.uk> wrote:

>On 8.5.22 13:12, Mike McMillan wrote:
>> Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Why was Lynda not at the party, I missed her sniff
>>>
>>> Good point? Surely she was important?
>>>

>> Perhaps the S/W’s drew up a list of possible candidates for inclusion but
>> Lynda didn’t make it to the Snellen Chart.
>>

>Lyndiepops was no longer employed at Gray Gables not having returned as
>an employee following the explosion.
>
>What I do not understand is why Oliver, knowing the pain the staff would
>suffer (and despite Tracy's comments he does have concerns for them),
>would wish to retain 40%. At that level he is committed to paying for
>40% of the refurbishment and in reality has no say on what is chosen.
>In his position and with the history that he has seeing Caroline's pride
>and joy being changed would I have thought been far too painful.

I didn't pick up that he kept 40%. I could understand keeping a
ocntrolling percent to ensure Caroline's legacy was as she'd have
liked it but this way he might have to contribute more money?

Re: From a fb group

<t59825$1g4u$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8137&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8137

From: krw...@whitnet.uk (krw)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 8 May 2022 21:09:41 +0100
 by: krw - Sun, 8 May 2022 20:09 UTC

On 8.5.22 18:41, Vicky wrote:
> On Sun, 8 May 2022 13:36:52 +0100, krw <krw@whitnet.uk> wrote:

>>> Perhaps the S/W’s drew up a list of possible candidates for inclusion but
>>> Lynda didn’t make it to the Snellen Chart.
>>>

>> Lyndiepops was no longer employed at Gray Gables not having returned as
>> an employee following the explosion.
>>
>> What I do not understand is why Oliver, knowing the pain the staff would
>> suffer (and despite Tracy's comments he does have concerns for them),
>> would wish to retain 40%. At that level he is committed to paying for
>> 40% of the refurbishment and in reality has no say on what is chosen.
>> In his position and with the history that he has seeing Caroline's pride
>> and joy being changed would I have thought been far too painful.
>
> I didn't pick up that he kept 40%. I could understand keeping a
> ocntrolling percent to ensure Caroline's legacy was as she'd have
> liked it but this way he might have to contribute more money?

It was mentioned several weeks ago around the time of the initial
incompetent announcement to staff. Competent management does not make
an announcement (even if it is illegal and without the requisite
consultation periods) without having gone through the staff files and
being in a position to sit down with those members of staff at risk with
a complete set of numbers and possible arrangements. Obviously this has
been written to be drama but if there was always going to be a liaison
position that would have to be disclosed and those with suitable
experience would have to be considered - you cannot just offer it.

And I have been through the process on both sides a number of times in
my life.

--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk