Where there is much light there is also much shadow. -- Goethe

aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / Re: OT: Shopping channels and plug in radiators

SubjectAuthor
* OT: Shopping channels and plug in radiatorsR D S
+* Re: OT: Shopping channels and plug in radiatorsalan_m
|+* Re: OT: Shopping channels and plug in radiatorsR D S
||+* Re: OT: Shopping channels and plug in radiatorsGB
|||`- Re: OT: Shopping channels and plug in radiatorschop
||`- Re: OT: Shopping channels and plug in radiatorsRobin
|`- Re: OT: Shopping channels and plug in radiatorsTheo
+* Re: OT: Shopping channels and plug in radiatorsAnimal
|+* Re: OT: Shopping channels and plug in radiatorsR D S
||`- Re: OT: Shopping channels and plug in radiatorsARW
|+* Re: OT: Shopping channels and plug in radiatorsColin Bignell
||+- Re: OT: Shopping channels and plug in radiatorsHarry Bloomfield Esq
||`* Re: OT: Shopping channels and plug in radiatorsAndrew
|| +- Re: OT: Shopping channels and plug in radiatorschop
|| `- Re: OT: Shopping channels and plug in radiatorsVir Campestris
|`* Re: OT: Shopping channels and plug in radiatorsHarry Bloomfield Esq
| `- Re: OT: Shopping channels and plug in radiatorsAnimal
+* Re: OT: Shopping channels and plug in radiatorsMax Demian
|`* Re: OT: Shopping channels and plug in radiatorsVir Campestris
| `* Re: OT: Shopping channels and plug in radiatorsThe Natural Philosopher
|  `* Re: OT: Shopping channels and plug in radiatorsMurmansk
|   +* Re: OT: Shopping channels and plug in radiatorsAndy Burns
|   |`- Re: OT: Shopping channels and plug in radiatorsMurmansk
|   +* Re: OT: Shopping channels and plug in radiatorschop
|   |+- Re: OT: Shopping channels and plug in radiatorsAnimal
|   |`* Re: OT: Shopping channels and plug in radiatorsalan_m
|   | `- Re: OT: Shopping channels and plug in radiatorsRod Speed
|   `- Re: OT: Shopping channels and plug in radiatorsalan_m
+- Re: Shopping channels and plug in radiatorsBrian Gaff
+- Re: OT: Shopping channels and plug in radiatorsHarry Bloomfield Esq
`- Re: OT: Shopping channels and plug in radiatorsbrian

Pages:12
Re: OT: Shopping channels and plug in radiators

<28e51440-09ed-4c89-a29e-67985f9632den@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=80421&group=uk.d-i-y#80421

Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2022 15:56:58 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: OT: Shopping channels and plug in radiators
From: tabbyp...@gmail.com (Animal)
 by: Animal - Mon, 5 Dec 2022 23:56 UTC

On Monday, 5 December 2022 at 19:00:21 UTC, chop wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Dec 2022 03:43:47 +1100, Murmansk <stai...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I've just bought a Merino wood blend vest from M&S which says it
> > converts body moisture to heat!! ???
> Utterly garbled. Merino wool does absorb lots of moisture, but that's all
> it does.

moisture usually gets converted to cold

Re: OT: Shopping channels and plug in radiators

<jv8f7vFidkuU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=80430&group=uk.d-i-y#80430

From: jun...@admac.myzen.co.uk (alan_m)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2022 09:10:24 +0000
 by: alan_m - Tue, 6 Dec 2022 09:10 UTC

On 05/12/2022 19:00, chop wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Dec 2022 03:43:47 +1100, Murmansk <stainburn@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I've just bought a Merino wood blend vest from M&S which says it
>> converts body moisture to heat!! ???
>
> Utterly garbled. Merino wool does absorb lots of moisture, but that's
> all it does.

Sweat and a nice warm breeding ground for bacteria - nice :)

Re: OT: Shopping channels and plug in radiators

<op.1wsujwoibyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=80523&group=uk.d-i-y#80523

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2022 20:12:58 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 7 Dec 2022 09:12 UTC

On Tue, 06 Dec 2022 20:10:24 +1100, alan_m <junk@admac.myzen.co.uk> wrote:

> On 05/12/2022 19:00, chop wrote:
>> On Tue, 06 Dec 2022 03:43:47 +1100, Murmansk <stainburn@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I've just bought a Merino wood blend vest from M&S which says it
>>> converts body moisture to heat!! ???

>> Utterly garbled. Merino wool does absorb lots of moisture, but that's
>> all it does.
>
> Sweat and a nice warm breeding ground for bacteria - nice :)

Not actually a problem because hardly anyone doesn't wash
their sox and only masochists wear a wool vest next to their
skin and few sweat in other than their feet in cold weather.

Re: OT: Shopping channels and plug in radiators

<tmqm4c$1dha$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=80591&group=uk.d-i-y#80591

From: Andrew97...@mybtinternet.com (Andrew)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2022 18:30:35 +0000
 by: Andrew - Wed, 7 Dec 2022 18:30 UTC

On 02/12/2022 12:14, Colin Bignell wrote:
> On 01/12/2022 23:43, Animal wrote:
>> On Thursday, 1 December 2022 at 21:14:06 UTC, R D S wrote:
>>> If i'm bored I sometimes put a shopping channel on to amuse me in the
>>> background.
>>>
>>> Currently Ideal World are trying to convince me to sack off my CH and
>>> buy 2kw plug in rads instead, at a mere £200 each, but they are ceramic
>>> which apparently pluck free energy out of nowhere!
>>
>> Who is to blame, scummy sellers or people too silly to pay attention
>> in physics?
>
> As a teacher of mine said at school, most scientists know something
> about art, but few artists understand much about science.

Biffo (the bear), my maths teacher had such a fantastic aim with
the blackboard duster, that he should have been a professional
cricketter

Re: OT: Shopping channels and plug in radiators

<op.1wtmonwunuhhzz@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=80597&group=uk.d-i-y#80597

From: chop...@gmail.com (chop)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2022 06:20:37 +1100
 by: chop - Wed, 7 Dec 2022 19:20 UTC

On Thu, 08 Dec 2022 05:30:35 +1100, Andrew
<Andrew97d-junk@mybtinternet.com> wrote:

> On 02/12/2022 12:14, Colin Bignell wrote:

>>> Who is to blame, scummy sellers or people too silly to pay attention
>>> in physics?
>> As a teacher of mine said at school, most scientists know something
>> about art, but few artists understand much about science.
>>

> Biffo (the bear), my maths teacher had such a fantastic aim with
> the blackboard duster, that he should have been a professional
> cricketter

That would certainly explain your obvious 'brain' damage |-(

Re: OT: Shopping channels and plug in radiators

<tncfi2$2pa7m$8@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=81366&group=uk.d-i-y#81366

From: vir.camp...@invalid.invalid (Vir Campestris)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 12:28:50 +0000
 by: Vir Campestris - Wed, 14 Dec 2022 12:28 UTC

On 07/12/2022 18:30, Andrew wrote:
> Biffo (the bear), my maths teacher had such a fantastic aim with
> the blackboard duster, that he should have been a professional
> cricketter

One of my teachers once threw a rubber at a member of the 1st 11 cricket
team. Who reflexively caught it and threw it back ;)

Andy

aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / Re: OT: Shopping channels and plug in radiators