Best of all is never to have been born. Second best is to die soon.

aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / witter everywhere

SubjectAuthor
* witter everywhereJim gm4dhj ...
+- Re: witter everywhereJim gm4dhj ...
+* Re: witter everywhereRod Speed
|`* Re: witter everywherealan_m
| `* Re: witter everywhereRod Speed
|  `* Re: witter everywherealan_m
|   `- Re: witter everywhereRod Speed
+- Re: witter everywhereJohn Rumm
+- Re: witter everywhereBrian Gaff
+- Re: witter everywhereFredxx
`* Re: witter everywhereAndrew
 `- Re: witter everywhereAndrew

1
witter everywhere

<tncslb$2qt1m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=81385&group=uk.d-i-y#81385

From: kinvig.n...@ntlworld.com (Jim gm4dhj ...)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: witter everywhere
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 16:12:27 +0000
 by: Jim gm4dhj ... - Wed, 14 Dec 2022 16:12 UTC

to all those with burst pipes..........

imagine you had nice cheap energy costs via UK sourced fossil fuels

imagine you had been paying attention to who governs you instead of
sitting on your samsung in bletherspoons or shuffling around wearing out
the pavements

consider that your perpetual reckless voting for the wrong people is the
reason you are frightened to put your heating on and are now flooded out

Re: witter everywhere

<tncsr4$2qt1m$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=81387&group=uk.d-i-y#81387

From: kinvig.n...@ntlworld.com (Jim gm4dhj ...)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: witter everywhere
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 16:15:32 +0000
 by: Jim gm4dhj ... - Wed, 14 Dec 2022 16:15 UTC

On 14/12/2022 16:12, Jim gm4dhj ... wrote:
> to all those with burst pipes..........
>
> imagine you had nice cheap energy costs via UK sourced fossil fuels
>
> imagine you had been paying attention to who governs you instead of
> sitting on your samsung in bletherspoons or shuffling around wearing out
> the pavements
>
> consider that your perpetual reckless voting for the wrong people is the
> reason you are frightened to put your heating on and are now flooded out
all coming home to roost for joe public

about 5 or 6 different people in a friends work are all flooded out with
burst pipes

enjoy the result of the green agenda

they won't be going to bletherspoons today

big thumbs all flicking up and down the big dumb samsung trying to get a
plumber

don't be upset..........you are all saving the planet for your children
and grandchildren

Re: witter everywhere

<op.1w6i7cu8byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=81405&group=uk.d-i-y#81405

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 05:34:14 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 14 Dec 2022 18:34 UTC

Jim gm4dhj ... <kinvig.netta@ntlworld.com> wrote

> to all those with burst pipes..........

> imagine you had nice cheap energy costs via UK sourced fossil fuels

Australia has plenty of Oz sourced fossile fuels and nothing even
remotely like nice cheap energy costs and has had to impose caps
on the fossil fuel prices.

> imagine you had been paying attention to who governs you instead of
> sitting on your samsung in bletherspoons or shuffling around wearing out
> the pavements

> consider that your perpetual reckless voting for the wrong people is the
> reason you are frightened to put your heating on and are now flooded out

Have fun listing who they should have voted for instead.

Re: witter everywhere

<tnd5er$2rkh9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=81406&group=uk.d-i-y#81406

From: see.my.s...@nowhere.null (John Rumm)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 18:42:34 +0000
 by: John Rumm - Wed, 14 Dec 2022 18:42 UTC

On 14/12/2022 16:12, Jim gm4dhj ... wrote:
> to all those with burst pipes..........
>
> imagine you had nice cheap energy costs via UK sourced fossil fuels
>
> imagine you had been paying attention to who governs you instead of
> sitting on your samsung in bletherspoons or shuffling around wearing out
> the pavements
>
> consider that your perpetual reckless voting for the wrong people is the
> reason you are frightened to put your heating on and are now flooded out

The argument kind of falls apart on that last bit... who are you going
to vote for that will pull their finger out, and build enough nukes?

--
Cheers,

John.

Re: witter everywhere

<jvukheFh4fU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=81408&group=uk.d-i-y#81408

From: jun...@admac.myzen.co.uk (alan_m)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 18:55:42 +0000
 by: alan_m - Wed, 14 Dec 2022 18:55 UTC

On 14/12/2022 18:34, Rod Speed wrote:
> Jim gm4dhj ... <kinvig.netta@ntlworld.com> wrote
>
>> to all those with burst pipes..........
>
>> imagine you had nice cheap energy costs via UK sourced fossil fuels
>
> Australia has plenty of Oz sourced fossile fuels and nothing even
> remotely like nice cheap energy costs and has had to impose caps
> on the fossil fuel prices.

Hasn't the latest round of elections in Oz resulted in leading
politicians saying that they are going to stop using coal in favour of
green generation?

Natural gas (domestic consumer) prices
Russia $0.01
UK $0.10
OZ $0.07
Germany $0.21
France $0.12

Petrol
Russia $3.20
UK $7.20
OZ $4.20
Germany $7.00
France $6.00

Electricity
Russia $0.O8
UK $0.32
OZ $0.21
Germany $0.44
France $0.18

Source
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTfoJtKwAdQ&t=996s

It reportedly shows world prices on a world map but a warning -- the guy
in this video does goes on a bit :(

Re: witter everywhere

<op.1w6ne5m9byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=81415&group=uk.d-i-y#81415

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 07:05:19 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 14 Dec 2022 20:05 UTC

alan_m <junk@admac.myzen.co.uk> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Jim gm4dhj ... <kinvig.netta@ntlworld.com> wrote

>>> to all those with burst pipes..........

>>> imagine you had nice cheap energy costs via UK sourced fossil fuels

>> Australia has plenty of Oz sourced fossile fuels and nothing even
>> remotely like nice cheap energy costs and has had to impose caps
>> on the fossil fuel prices.

> Hasn't the latest round of elections in Oz resulted in leading
> politicians saying that they are going to stop using coal in favour of
> green generation?

No. Albo, the new Labor PM has in fact been flagrantly
dishonest about that. Prior to the election he ran around
the coal mines telling the miners, mostly Labor voters,
that Labor would not be stopping coal mining. But made
sure that no media was there when he said that to them.

The election doubled the number of Greens MPs elected
and unusually for us, to the lower house which decides
policy and then he waffled on about green stuff given
that clearly quite a few of the voters are into green shit.

No concrete green policy tho, just some waffle about
carbon neutral by some date plucked out of the air.

> Natural gas (domestic consumer) prices
> Russia $0.01
> UK $0.10
> OZ $0.07

The link is so fucked I can't even see what units he is using.
We pay 2.8c/MJ

> Germany $0.21
> France $0.12

In fact our domestic consumer prices for
gas have increased substantially and looked
like increasing even more with the gas
producers taking advantage of the russian
cuts in export gas to rake in massive profits.

> Petrol
> Russia $3.20
> UK $7.20
> OZ $4.20

Not clear what that number is for.

> Germany $7.00
> France $6.00

> Electricity
> Russia $0.O8
> UK $0.32
> OZ $0.21

That number is bullshit. I am paying 28c and
chose them because they are the cheapest.

And you can't ignore the daily fixed access charge,
$1.60 per day, 33% of my total bill.

> Germany $0.44
> France $0.18

> Source
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTfoJtKwAdQ&t=996s

Even how comprehensively he fucked up out electricity and
gas prices prices, the prices for other countrys needs checking.

> It reportedly shows world prices on a world map but a warning -- the guy
> in this video does goes on a bit :(

And has our prices wrong.

Re: witter everywhere

<jvuribF1mlvU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=81423&group=uk.d-i-y#81423

From: jun...@admac.myzen.co.uk (alan_m)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 20:55:39 +0000
 by: alan_m - Wed, 14 Dec 2022 20:55 UTC

On 14/12/2022 20:05, Rod Speed wrote:

>> Natural gas (domestic consumer) prices
>> Russia  $0.01
>> UK      $0.10
>> OZ      $0.07
>
> The link is so fucked I can't even see what units he is using.
> We pay 2.8c/MJ

Yep, you are confirming that that figure is correct
2.8 Australian cents per MJ is approx 7 cent US per kWh

>> Electricity
>> Russia  $0.O8
>> UK      $0.32
>> OZ      $0.21
>
> That number is bullshit. I am paying 28c and
> chose them because they are the cheapest.

and 28c Australian is what in USD?

> And has our prices wrong.

The world doesn't use Australian dollars to trade in gas/petrol.

Re: witter everywhere

<op.1w6qeyf2byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=81425&group=uk.d-i-y#81425

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 08:10:00 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 14 Dec 2022 21:10 UTC

alan_m <junk@admac.myzen.co.uk> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote

>>> Natural gas (domestic consumer) prices
>>> Russia $0.01
>>> UK $0.10
>>> OZ $0.07

>> The link is so fucked I can't even see what units he is using.

>> We pay 2.8c/MJ

> Yep, you are confirming that that figure is correct
> 2.8 Australian cents per MJ is approx 7 cent US per kWh

Where are you getting the units he is using from ?

>>> Electricity
>>> Russia $0.O8
>>> UK $0.32
>>> OZ $0.21

>> That number is bullshit. I am paying 28c and
>> chose them because they are the cheapest.

> and 28c Australian is what in USD?

19

But you can't ignore the standing charge which
in my case is a third of the electricity bill,

>> And has our prices wrong.

> The world doesn't use Australian dollars to trade in gas/petrol.

He still stuffed up by ignoring the standing daily charge.

And petrol is irrelevant given that so much of it is tax in
western europe particularly.

His table is mostly bullshit.

Re: witter everywhere

<tnfabj$33p35$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=81547&group=uk.d-i-y#81547

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 14:18:23 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 14:18 UTC

How does that work? Are you saying that politicians all have crystal balls?
As Peter Sellers did it in his old recording party political speech.
Let me say just this, I do not consider the current situation likely.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
"Jim gm4dhj ..." <kinvig.netta@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> to all those with burst pipes..........
>
> imagine you had nice cheap energy costs via UK sourced fossil fuels
>
> imagine you had been paying attention to who governs you instead of
> sitting on your samsung in bletherspoons or shuffling around wearing out
> the pavements
>
> consider that your perpetual reckless voting for the wrong people is the
> reason you are frightened to put your heating on and are now flooded out

Re: witter everywhere

<tnfgem$349lb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=81568&group=uk.d-i-y#81568

From: fre...@spam.uk (Fredxx)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 16:02:30 +0000
 by: Fredxx - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 16:02 UTC

On 14/12/2022 16:12, Jim gm4dhj ... wrote:
> to all those with burst pipes..........
>
> imagine you had nice cheap energy costs via UK sourced fossil fuels
>
> imagine you had been paying attention to who governs you instead of
> sitting on your samsung in bletherspoons or shuffling around wearing out
> the pavements
>
> consider that your perpetual reckless voting for the wrong people is the
> reason you are frightened to put your heating on and are now flooded out

I never knew you were pro-Russia. The only way to continue with cheap
gas is to accept Russia's invasion Ukraine.

Who'd have known it, we have a Russian sympathiser in this group.

Re: witter everywhere

<tnl586$11tg$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=81963&group=uk.d-i-y#81963

From: Andrew97...@mybtinternet.com (Andrew)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2022 19:28:05 +0000
 by: Andrew - Sat, 17 Dec 2022 19:28 UTC

On 14/12/2022 16:12, Jim gm4dhj ... wrote:
> to all those with burst pipes..........
>
> imagine you had nice cheap energy costs via UK sourced fossil fuels
>
> imagine you had been paying attention to who governs you instead of
> sitting on your samsung in bletherspoons or shuffling around wearing out
> the pavements
>
> consider that your perpetual reckless voting for the wrong people is the
> reason you are frightened to put your heating on and are now flooded out

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11549175/Thousands-left-without-water-dozens-evacuated-burst-water-main-floods-London-street.html

Beware of buying a 2nd hand Honda EV, reg no BK20 FYE :-)

Re: witter everywhere

<tnl5hv$16ka$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=81965&group=uk.d-i-y#81965

From: Andrew97...@mybtinternet.com (Andrew)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2022 19:33:17 +0000
 by: Andrew - Sat, 17 Dec 2022 19:33 UTC

On 17/12/2022 19:28, Andrew wrote:
> On 14/12/2022 16:12, Jim gm4dhj ... wrote:
>> to all those with burst pipes..........
>>
>> imagine you had nice cheap energy costs via UK sourced fossil fuels
>>
>> imagine you had been paying attention to who governs you instead of
>> sitting on your samsung in bletherspoons or shuffling around wearing
>> out the pavements
>>
>> consider that your perpetual reckless voting for the wrong people is
>> the reason you are frightened to put your heating on and are now
>> flooded out
>
> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11549175/Thousands-left-without-water-dozens-evacuated-burst-water-main-floods-London-street.html
>

> Beware of buying a 2nd hand Honda EV, reg no BK20 FYE :-)

Imagine all the piss that all that water started off as

aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / witter everywhere