You are in a maze of UUCP connections, all alike.

aus+uk / aus.aviation / Re: 4 part Dambusters series on SBS

SubjectAuthor
* 4 part Dambusters series on SBSPhil Allison
+- Re: 4 part Dambusters series on SBSPetzl
`- Re: 4 part Dambusters series on SBSRod Speed

1
4 part Dambusters series on SBS

<7f4c2061-1733-4526-a250-42eff5ba0993n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=814&group=aus.aviation#814

Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 23:56:55 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 4 part Dambusters series on SBS
From: palliso...@gmail.com (Phil Allison)
 by: Phil Allison - Sat, 16 Oct 2021 06:56 UTC

Hi,

starting tonight at 8:35pm, SBS TV
a four part, 1 hour series each succeeding Saturday.

Seen the famous movies many times and several short docos.
With fours hours, producers can go into some fine detail.

But one question - what do they call the black dog ?

...... Phil ;-)

Re: 4 part Dambusters series on SBS

<j01lmgp3aue7so2llqkgekboup2tirvaej@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=815&group=aus.aviation#815

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Subject: Re: 4 part Dambusters series on SBS
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2021 18:54:07 +1100
 by: Petzl - Sat, 16 Oct 2021 07:54 UTC

On Fri, 15 Oct 2021 23:56:55 -0700 (PDT), Phil Allison
<pallison49@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>starting tonight at 8:35pm, SBS TV
>a four part, 1 hour series each succeeding Saturday.
>
>Seen the famous movies many times and several short docos.
>With fours hours, producers can go into some fine detail.
>
>But one question - what do they call the black dog ?

Black Dog Nigga was killed by a car.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigger_(dog)>
Nigger was portrayed in the 1955 British war film The Dam Busters, in
which he was mentioned by name frequently. In 1999, British television
network ITV broadcast a censored version of the film, with all
instances of the name removed. ITV blamed regional broadcaster London
Weekend Television, which in turn alleged that a junior staff member
had been responsible for the unauthorised cuts. When ITV again showed
a censored version in June 2001, it was criticised by Index on
Censorship as "unnecessary and ridiculous" and because the edits
introduced continuity errors. The code word "nigger" transmitted in
Morse Code upon the successful completion of the central mission was
not censored.
--
Petzl
Gough Whitlam when Joe Riordan lost the seat of Philip in Sydney’s

I had an uncle that lived in Wellington. He voted Liberal all his
life until he passed away 10 years ago. Now he votes Labor.

Re: 4 part Dambusters series on SBS

<isvi28F9eqtU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=816&group=aus.aviation#816

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2021 19:50:11 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 16 Oct 2021 08:50 UTC

Phil Allison <pallison49@gmail.com> wrote

> starting tonight at 8:35pm, SBS TV a four part,
> 1 hour series each succeeding Saturday.
> Seen the famous movies many times and several short docos.
> With fours hours, producers can go into some fine detail.
> But one question - what do they call the black dog ?

Fido, stupid.