Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: DGB...@nomail.afraid.org (David Brooks)
Subject: OT - Hearing problem update
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 11:09:17 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 10:09 UTC

Hello,

As readers will know, I was subjected to an MRI scan of my head a couple
of weeks ago. The purpose was to look for an Acoustic Neuroma

I am delighted to report that I have now been notified that all is well,
- everything is just as it should be. I wasn't 'bothered' per se, but it
is good to know that nothing untoward is happening inside my scull!

I have a meeting with an audiologist next week regarding replacement
hearing aids - ones which can be controlled from my Apple iPhone!

--
Kind regards,
David

Re: OT - Hearing problem update

<xn0ngx36sceg3lu00w@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8164&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#8164

From: jgaines_...@yahoo.co.uk (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: Re: OT - Hearing problem update
Date: 22 Apr 2022 10:19:13 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 10:19 UTC

On 22/04/2022 in message <h9v8K.429951$Lc1.51641@fx12.ams1> David Brooks
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>As readers will know, I was subjected to an MRI scan of my head a couple
>of weeks ago. The purpose was to look for an Acoustic Neuroma
>
>I am delighted to report that I have now been notified that all is well,
>- everything is just as it should be. I wasn't 'bothered' per se, but it
>is good to know that nothing untoward is happening inside my scull!

Good news!

>I have a meeting with an audiologist next week regarding replacement
>hearing aids - ones which can be controlled from my Apple iPhone!

I'd be careful about about letting an iPhone control a earing aid, that's
how Apple gets inside your brain :-)

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
The first five days after the weekend are the hardest.

Re: OT - Hearing problem update

<3zv8K.33483$7p1.32889@fx04.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8166&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#8166

Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: DGB...@nomail.afraid.org (David Brooks)
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 11:36:46 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 10:36 UTC

On 22/04/2022 11:19, Jeff Gaines wrote:
> On 22/04/2022 in message <h9v8K.429951$Lc1.51641@fx12.ams1> David Brooks
> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> As readers will know, I was subjected to an MRI scan of my head a couple
>> of weeks ago. The purpose was to look for an Acoustic Neuroma
>>
>> I am delighted to report that I have now been notified that all is well,
>> - everything is just as it should be. I wasn't 'bothered' per se, but it
>> is good to know that nothing untoward is happening inside my scull!
>
> Good news!

Thanks, Jeff!

>> I have a meeting with an audiologist next week regarding replacement
>> hearing aids - ones which can be controlled from my Apple iPhone!
>
> I'd be careful about about letting an iPhone control a hearing aid,
> that's how Apple gets inside your brain :-)

Haha! :-D I have a friend who already has one and he claims that it's
magical. I understand that if someone calls you (one!) on the 'phone,
the sound is relayed directly into the hearing aid instead of the voice
being able to be heard issuing from the phone itself.

We shall see (well, hear! ;-) )

Re: OT - Hearing problem update

<t3vdhu$amn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8171&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#8171

From: T...@invalid.invalid (T)
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 16:25:49 -0700
 by: T - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 23:25 UTC

On 4/22/22 03:19, Jeff Gaines wrote:

>> I have a meeting with an audiologist next week regarding replacement
>> hearing aids - ones which can be controlled from my Apple iPhone!
>
> I'd be careful about about letting an iPhone control a earing aid,
> that's how Apple gets inside your brain :-)
Warning: Dad Joke follows.

My wife asked me why I was speaking so softly.
I replied that I did not want Mark Zuckerberg
to listen in.
I laughed.
My wife laughed.
Alexa laughed.

Re: OT - Hearing problem update

<N2O8K.144264$Mih.11136@fx05.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8172&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#8172

Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: DGB...@nomail.afraid.org (David Brooks)
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 08:39:25 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 07:39 UTC

On 23/04/2022 00:25, T wrote:
> On 4/22/22 03:19, Jeff Gaines wrote:
>>

>>> I have a meeting with an audiologist next week regarding replacement
>>> hearing aids - ones which can be controlled from my Apple iPhone!
>>
>> I'd be careful about about letting an iPhone control a earing aid,
>> that's how Apple gets inside your brain :-)
>
> Warning: Dad Joke follows.
>

> My wife asked me why I was speaking so softly.
> I replied that I did not want Mark Zuckerberg
> to listen in.
>
> I laughed.
>
> My wife laughed.
>
> Alexa laughed.

:-D Good one!

Sometimes my Google Home Mini does likewise! ;-)