The end of the world will occur at three p.m., this Friday, with symposium to follow.

aus+uk / aus.politics / SAM switches +ve in a big way

SubjectAuthor
* SAM switches +ve in a big wayMrPostingRobot
+* SAM switches +ve in a big wayFran
|`* SAM switches +ve in a big wayR Kym Horsell
| `* SAM switches +ve in a big wayFran
|  `* SAM switches +ve in a big wayR Kym Horsell
|   `* SAM switches +ve in a big wayFran
|    `* SAM switches +ve in a big wayR Kym Horsell
|     +* SAM switches +ve in a big wayFran
|     |`* SAM switches +ve in a big wayR Kym Horsell
|     | +* SAM switches +ve in a big wayFran
|     | |`* SAM switches +ve in a big wayR Kym Horsell
|     | | `- SAM switches +ve in a big wayFran
|     | `* SAM switches +ve in a big wayRod Speed
|     |  `* SAM switches +ve in a big wayR Kym Horsell
|     |   `* SAM switches +ve in a big wayRod Speed
|     |    `* SAM switches +ve in a big wayR Kym Horsell
|     |     +* SAM switches +ve in a big wayRod Speed
|     |     |`* SAM switches +ve in a big wayR Kym Horsell
|     |     | `* SAM switches +ve in a big wayRod Speed
|     |     |  `* SAM switches +ve in a big wayR Kym Horsell
|     |     |   `- SAM switches +ve in a big wayRod Speed
|     |     `- SAM switches +ve in a big wayFran
|     `* SAM switches +ve in a big wayRod Speed
|      `- SAM switches +ve in a big wayR Kym Horsell
`* SAM switches +ve in a big wayurinal gagjan
 `- SAM switches +ve in a big wayR Kym Horsell

Pages:12
SAM switches +ve in a big way

<skfpq7$159g$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8243&group=aus.politics#8243

From: MrPostin...@kymhorsell.com
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,aus.politics
Subject: SAM switches +ve in a big way
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 11:12:44 +1100
 by: MrPostin...@kymhorsell.com - Sun, 17 Oct 2021 00:12 UTC

It's time to re-iterate that La Nina and Southern Annual Mode are
not the same thing.

Some hillbillies in AUS (some of them apparently rejects from the UK)
squeak evvy time some hurricane blows up from the Antarctic
claiming it's a sign of a New Ice Age.

Of course they confuse the La Nina cool E Pac phase with the
+ve phase of the S.A.M. that is based on temps in the Southern Ocean --
be it noted a totally different ocean and a totally different thing.

Strong +ve phases on the SAM mean the Roaring 40s contract closer
to Antartica and there are more cold fronts moving up from the
far S Ocean and hitting southern AUS. Sometimes they make it all the
way up to Queensland.

But, of course, not the same as La Nina that is simply moving heat
from the equat east Pacific via the evaporation of water over
to e.g. the E of Australia where it falls as rain and actually
transferring a ltttle extra heat -- if it were needed in summer -- there.

By not very shocking coincidence the SAM has just flipped +ve.

yy mm SAM
2021 1 1.95
2021 2 2.19
2021 3 -0.95
2021 4 0.87
2021 5 0.75
2021 6 1.88
2021 7 -1.06
2021 8 0.73
2021 9 1.68

In a positive SAM phase, the belt of westerly winds contracts towards
Antarctica. ... This results in stronger than normal westerly winds, lower
atmospheric pressure, more cold fronts and more storm systems over southern
Australia. Typically this means that there are more rain events in winter
for southern Australia.
-- www.bom.gov.au

In case anyone needs a visual see:
<kymhorsell.com/sam-summer-positive.png>

But, please, dont let the science stop any dum hick from shooting their
mouth off and refusing to admit when they are blindingly obviously
stoopidly wrong again.

That's why we love you guys!

--
Connectivity in Space: the Moon Will Soon Have Its Own Internet
autoevolution, 16 Oct 2021 06:53Z

Robert Durst on a ventilator after contracting COVID-19, his lawyer says
Los Angeles Times, 16 Oct 2021 20:49Z

Bill shock warning as global energy crisis fuels record price surge
ABC News, 16 Oct 2021 20:30Z
A leading energy provider predicts household energy bills are set for
a shock as surging international prices for gas put upward pressure on
costs for the fuel in Australia.
[Converted to mostly-electric 2y back. For months since the gas
company has been sending me $700+ quarterly bills with fantasy meter
reads to justify them. The bottom lines started at 7x the real cost
and just got worse over time. The last one was over 10x the real cost.
I explained several times to the online person I only used a stove-top
to warm soup these days. Eventually they fixed up their expectations
and the last bill was under $100. The gas company has gone through a
period of adjustment as various rorts have come to the public
attention and their product is not the goldmine it was 20y ago].

Victoria records 1,838 COVID cases and 7 deaths, lockdown announcement
imminent
ABC News, 16 Oct 2021 22:05Z
A massive vaccination effort brings the state closer to reaching goals to
have 70 and 80 per cent of people aged 16+ fully vaccinated against COVID-19.

NSW records 301 cases of locally acquired COVID-19, 10 deaths
ABC News, 16 Oct 2021 22:09Z
NSW records 301 cases of locally acquired COVID-19, and 10 deaths in the 24
hours to 8pm on Sat.

Russia's daily COVID-19 deaths top 1,000 for first time
ABC News, 16 Oct 2021 22:23Z
Russia's daily death toll from COVID-19 exceeds 1,000 for the first time as
the country faces a sustained wave of rising infections.

BREAKING (17 Oct): Vic has recorded another 1838 Delta cases and 7
deaths in the past 24 hrs.

[Spring 2021!]
["Real winter weather":]
More storms, heavy rain, hail set to hit south-east Queensland amid severe
thunderstorm warning
ABC News, 14 Oct 2021 21:23Z
South-east Queenslanders are told to expect more wild weather today, with
severe thunderstorms expected to bring damaging winds, heavy rain and large
hail.

Tornado tears off rooftops as severe weather warnings remain in place in
eastern Australia
ABC News, 14 Oct 2021 21:23Z
Vehicles were turned over and roofs were torn from houses after a tornado
was seen forming over a northern New South Wales town late last night.

BOM declares La Ni�a alert as the east braces for storms this week
ABC Weather, 12 Oct 2021 05:19Z
Central Australia and parts of Queensland have already received a deluge
this week, and more wild weather is on the way for the south-east in what's
shaping up to be a soggy season.

Michigan to replace lead pipes in Benton Harbor in 18 months amid drinking
water crisis
ABC News, 15 Oct 2021 17:28Z

`I saw giant UFO disable 10 live nukes at top secret base - and Pentagon is
covering it up,' says US air force captain
The Sun, 16 Oct 2021 10:28Z
WHEN a giant UFO shut down nuclear weapons under US Air Force Captain Robert
Salas' control, he believes they were delivering ...

Shocking new study says 90,000 COVID-19 deaths in 4 months were
preventable
The Hill, 15 Oct 2021 17:13Z

Plankton may head poleward as a result of global warming
Phys.org, 15 Oct 2021 14:09Z

Australia PM Says Nation Needs Plan for Global Climate Shift
Bloomberg.com, 16 Oct 2021 03:56Z
Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison said the nation needs an
economic plan to succeed in the global push to curb emissions and
fight climate change.
[Uh, oh! Planning is not one of his govts strong suits. But if you
want 1/2-assed reactions they're your men!]

COP26 Climate Summit in Scotland: Details of Coal-and-Cash Goals
Bloomberg.com, 16 Oct 2021 07:52Z
Boris Johnson has said his priorities at COP26 will be ending coal power and
raising climate cash. Two weeks out from the start of negotiations in Glasgow,...

NSW hits 80 per cent double vaccination target
ABC News, 16 Oct 2021 05:44Z
NSW has become the first state with 80 per cent of its eligible adult
population fully inoculated against COVID-19.

CDC data: Unvaccinated 11 times more likely to die from COVID-19 than fully
vaccinated
The Hill, 15 Oct 2021 20:46Z

Estrada Fire: Evacuations ordered after prescribed burn jumps control lines
The Mercury News, 16 Oct 2021 02:43Z

Re: SAM switches +ve in a big way

<skfr58$cia$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8245&group=aus.politics#8245

From: f2r...@loonynutters.com (Fran)
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,aus.politics
Subject: Re: SAM switches +ve in a big way
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 11:35:52 +1100
 by: Fran - Sun, 17 Oct 2021 00:35 UTC

On 17/10/2021 11:12 am, MrPostingRobot@kymhorsell.com

Troll Alert!

Re: SAM switches +ve in a big way

<skfrbi$1iu5$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8246&group=aus.politics#8246

From: kym...@kymhorsell.com (R Kym Horsell)
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,aus.politics
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 00:39:16 -0000 (UTC)
 by: R Kym Horsell - Sun, 17 Oct 2021 00:39 UTC

In alt.global-warming Fran <f2r2a3@loonynutters.com> wrote:
> On 17/10/2021 11:12 am, MrPostingRobot@kymhorsell.com
> Troll Alert!

Translation: "na na na na na na na na".

--
We'll build a world of our own, that no one else will share
All our sorrows we'll leave far be-hind us there

Re: SAM switches +ve in a big way

<skftsq$88s$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8247&group=aus.politics#8247

From: gag...@reflex.biz (urinal gagjan)
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,aus.politics
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 09:22:34 +0800
 by: urinal gagjan - Sun, 17 Oct 2021 01:22 UTC

MrPostingRobot@kymhorsell.com wrote:

> Some hillbillies in AUS (some of them apparently rejects from the UK)
> squeak evvy time some hurricane blows up from the Antarctic
> claiming it's a sign of a New Ice Age.

are they the people who give the temperature in "freedom units" (fahrenhiet)

Re: SAM switches +ve in a big way

<skfu7l$ch1$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8248&group=aus.politics#8248

From: kym...@kymhorsell.com (R Kym Horsell)
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,aus.politics
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 01:28:22 -0000 (UTC)
 by: R Kym Horsell - Sun, 17 Oct 2021 01:28 UTC

In alt.global-warming urinal gagjan <gag@reflex.biz> wrote:
> MrPostingRobot@kymhorsell.com wrote:
>> Some hillbillies in AUS (some of them apparently rejects from the UK)
>> squeak evvy time some hurricane blows up from the Antarctic
>> claiming it's a sign of a New Ice Age.
> are they the people who give the temperature in "freedom units" (fahrenhiet)

If you're Trooly Free you measure temperatures in furlongs and pecks.

Re: SAM switches +ve in a big way

<skgds0$fo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8254&group=aus.politics#8254

From: f2r...@loonynutters.com (Fran)
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,aus.politics
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 16:55:12 +1100
 by: Fran - Sun, 17 Oct 2021 05:55 UTC

On 17/10/2021 11:39 am, R Kym Horsell wrote:
> In alt.global-warming Fran <f2r2a3@loonynutters.com> wrote:
>> On 17/10/2021 11:12 am, MrPostingRobot@kymhorsell.com
>> Troll Alert!
>
> Translation: "na na na na na na na na".

Do you mean "no, no, no, no, no, no, no"? Or are you a troll fan?

Re: SAM switches +ve in a big way

<skgifp$1ulr$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8255&group=aus.politics#8255

From: kym...@kymhorsell.com (R Kym Horsell)
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,aus.politics
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 07:14:02 -0000 (UTC)
 by: R Kym Horsell - Sun, 17 Oct 2021 07:14 UTC

In alt.global-warming Fran <f2r2a3@loonynutters.com> wrote:
> On 17/10/2021 11:39 am, R Kym Horsell wrote:
>> In alt.global-warming Fran <f2r2a3@loonynutters.com> wrote:
>>> On 17/10/2021 11:12 am, MrPostingRobot@kymhorsell.com
>>> Troll Alert!
>> Translation: "na na na na na na na na".
> Do you mean "no, no, no, no, no, no, no"? Or are you a troll fan?

Some people pronounce it "la la la la la la";
some say tingalingaloo.

--
Now if you're feeling miserable, if you're feeling blue,
Here's a little ditty that'll help to pull you through,

Re: SAM switches +ve in a big way

<skiqpa$7da$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8259&group=aus.politics#8259

From: f2r...@loonynutters.com (Fran)
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,aus.politics
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 14:47:55 +1100
 by: Fran - Mon, 18 Oct 2021 03:47 UTC

On 17/10/2021 6:14 pm, R Kym Horsell wrote:
> In alt.global-warming Fran <f2r2a3@loonynutters.com> wrote:
>>> Translation: "na na na na na na na na".
>> Do you mean "no, no, no, no, no, no, no"? Or are you a troll fan?
>
> Some people pronounce it "la la la la la la";
> some say tingalingaloo.

You're still trolling. Rod is usually irritating but on this occasion,
he's right about him, and other Australians noticing La Nina. All the
Australians who've replied to this thread made that point.

Re: SAM switches +ve in a big way

<skis7b$1p77$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8260&group=aus.politics#8260

From: kym...@kymhorsell.com (R Kym Horsell)
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,aus.politics
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 04:12:29 -0000 (UTC)
 by: R Kym Horsell - Mon, 18 Oct 2021 04:12 UTC

In alt.global-warming Fran <f2r2a3@loonynutters.com> wrote:
> On 17/10/2021 6:14 pm, R Kym Horsell wrote:
>>> Do you mean "no, no, no, no, no, no, no"? Or are you a troll fan?
>> Some people pronounce it "la la la la la la";
>> some say tingalingaloo.
> You're still trolling. Rod is usually irritating but on this occasion,
> he's right about him, and other Australians noticing La Nina. All the
> Australians who've replied to this thread made that point.

I have only noticed you (saying nothing) and Rod (being Rod).

As I've explained several times already but you had your fingers in
your ears because you apparently know it all to start with:

La Nina this time of year makes AUS warmer because it increases rainfall.

Wod says and you and your possibly imaginary pals say they noticed La Nina
because it was colder than normal or as Spud says it's like an extended winter.

That is not the effect of La Nina (the Pacific) but cold fronts off the
Southern Ocean. (A different ocean).

If they someone thinks winter is Australia's rainy season then they are
again probably not filled in on the science.

Summer most places is the rainy season because it takes warmth to raise
the water vapor off the ocean to produce the rain.

Re: SAM switches +ve in a big way

<skiuar$sa5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8261&group=aus.politics#8261

From: f2r...@loonynutters.com (Fran)
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,aus.politics
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 15:48:28 +1100
 by: Fran - Mon, 18 Oct 2021 04:48 UTC

On 18/10/2021 3:12 pm, R Kym Horsell wrote:
> In alt.global-warming Fran <f2r2a3@loonynutters.com> wrote:
>>> Some people pronounce it "la la la la la la";
>>> some say tingalingaloo.
>> You're still trolling. Rod is usually irritating but on this occasion,
>> he's right about him, and other Australians noticing La Nina. All the
>> Australians who've replied to this thread made that point.
>
> I have only noticed you (saying nothing) and Rod (being Rod).

There are two thread on La Nina. Read them. Notice who wrote what.

> As I've explained

Your explanations are neither sought nor relevant. Reply to what is
written rather than what you imagine is written.

> Wod says

Rod says (in answer to a question asked) that 1) "We certainly do." and
when you failed to understand what he wrote the first tiem round he went
further and wrote, 2) "Irrelevant to what was being discussed, if we
notice La Nina without being told it's happening".

Re: SAM switches +ve in a big way

<skiuj5$aa3$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8262&group=aus.politics#8262

From: kym...@kymhorsell.com (R Kym Horsell)
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,aus.politics
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 04:52:56 -0000 (UTC)
 by: R Kym Horsell - Mon, 18 Oct 2021 04:52 UTC

In alt.global-warming Fran <f2r2a3@loonynutters.com> wrote:
> On 18/10/2021 3:12 pm, R Kym Horsell wrote:
>>> You're still trolling. Rod is usually irritating but on this occasion,
>>> he's right about him, and other Australians noticing La Nina. All the
>>> Australians who've replied to this thread made that point.
>> I have only noticed you (saying nothing) and Rod (being Rod).
> There are two thread on La Nina. Read them. Notice who wrote what.
>> As I've explained
> Your explanations are neither sought nor relevant.

But apparently needed on some level nevertheless.

--
La Ni?a
Trade winds strengthen, increasing the temperature of the warm water north

Re: SAM switches +ve in a big way

<skj2su$boq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8263&group=aus.politics#8263

From: f2r...@loonynutters.com (Fran)
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,aus.politics
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 17:06:21 +1100
 by: Fran - Mon, 18 Oct 2021 06:06 UTC

On 18/10/2021 3:52 pm, R Kym Horsell wrote:
> In alt.global-warming Fran <f2r2a3@loonynutters.com> wrote:
>>> I have only noticed you (saying nothing) and Rod (being Rod).
>> There are two thread on La Nina. Read them. Notice who wrote what.
>>> As I've explained
>> Your explanations are neither sought nor relevant.
>
> But apparently needed on some level nevertheless.

Nope. We have the BOM and the CSIRO to do that. BOM even uses Youtube
to explain:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdTZiOGdKfU

Re: SAM switches +ve in a big way

<skj38j$1it3$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8264&group=aus.politics#8264

From: kym...@kymhorsell.com (R Kym Horsell)
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,aus.politics
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 06:12:38 -0000 (UTC)
 by: R Kym Horsell - Mon, 18 Oct 2021 06:12 UTC

In alt.global-warming Fran <f2r2a3@loonynutters.com> wrote:
> On 18/10/2021 3:52 pm, R Kym Horsell wrote:
>>> There are two thread on La Nina. Read them. Notice who wrote what.
>>> Your explanations are neither sought nor relevant.
>> But apparently needed on some level nevertheless.
> Nope. We have the BOM and the CSIRO to do that. BOM even uses Youtube
> to explain:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdTZiOGdKfU

Sure you read something and think you know it all.

Nevertheless if you insist in agreeing with Rod and the hillbillies
that started x-posting my stuff to (whereever) you dont.

--
La Ni?a
Trade winds strengthen, increasing the temperature of the warm water north
of Australia. Cloudiness and rainfall north of Australia are enhanced,
typically leading to above average winter-spring rainfall for eastern and
central parts of the country, and a wetter start to the northern wet season.
-- BoM

Re: SAM switches +ve in a big way

<it4rotF9umiU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8265&group=aus.politics#8265

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,aus.politics
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 20:06:32 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 18 Oct 2021 09:06 UTC

R Kym Horsell <kym@kymhorsell.com> wrote
> Fran <f2r2a3@loonynutters.com> wrote
>>> Some people pronounce it "la la la la la la";
>>> some say tingalingaloo.

>> You're still trolling. Rod is usually irritating but on this occasion,
>> he's right about him, and other Australians noticing La Nina. All
>> the Australians who've replied to this thread made that point.
> I have only noticed you (saying nothing) and Rod (being Rod).

You never could bullshit and lie you way out of a wet paper bag.
> As I've explained several times

Stupidly claimed actually...

And you never did in the groups we read...

> already but you had your fingers in your ears
> because you apparently know it all to start with:
> La Nina this time of year makes AUS
> warmer because it increases rainfall.

More of your mindless pig ignorant bullshit, your trademark.
> Wod says and you and your possibly imaginary pals
> say they noticed La Nina because it was colder than
> normal or as Spud says it's like an extended winter.

Yes.
> That is not the effect of La Nina (the Pacific)

Wrong, as always.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Ni%C3%B1a#Australia

> but cold fronts off the Southern Ocean. (A different ocean).
> If they someone thinks winter is Australia's rainy season

Having fun thrashing that straw man ?

> then they are again probably not filled in on the science.
> Summer most places is the rainy season because it takes warmth
> to raise the water vapor off the ocean to produce the rain.

Having fun thrashing that straw man ?

Re: SAM switches +ve in a big way

<it4rucF9vojU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8266&group=aus.politics#8266

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,aus.politics
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 20:09:27 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 18 Oct 2021 09:09 UTC

R Kym Horsell <kym@kymhorsell.com> wrote
> In alt.global-warming Fran <f2r2a3@loonynutters.com> wrote:
>>> I have only noticed you (saying nothing) and Rod (being Rod).
>> There are two thread on La Nina. Read them. Notice who wrote what.
>>> As I've explained
>> Your explanations are neither sought nor relevant.
>
> But apparently needed on some level nevertheless.
>
> --
> La Ni?a
> Trade winds strengthen, increasing the temperature of the warm water north
> of Australia. Cloudiness and rainfall north of Australia are enhanced,
> typically leading to above average winter-spring rainfall for eastern and
> central parts of the country, and a wetter start to the northern wet
> season.
> -- BoM

Pity about
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Ni%C3%B1a#Australia

Re: SAM switches +ve in a big way

<skjeh2$11f1$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8267&group=aus.politics#8267

From: kym...@kymhorsell.com (R Kym Horsell)
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,aus.politics
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 09:24:52 -0000 (UTC)
 by: R Kym Horsell - Mon, 18 Oct 2021 09:24 UTC

In alt.global-warming Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>> La Ni?a
>> Trade winds strengthen, increasing the temperature of the warm water north
>> of Australia. Cloudiness and rainfall north of Australia are enhanced,
>> typically leading to above average winter-spring rainfall for eastern and
>> central parts of the country, and a wetter start to the northern wet
>> season.
>> -- BoM
>
> Pity about
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Ni%C3%B1a#Australia

You have to quote the part that says La Nina makes sept in Aus colder
than usual. Where it says the warm trades off the Pacific that
aer warming the waters in N AUs and QLD are actually the same
thing as cold fronts coming in off the Southern Ocean.

Otherwise we know from the BoM page on La Nina and the BoM data
for this winter in it's been more than 1C above normal and if that
was under the influence of a La Nina it sure isnt colder than usual.
It means winter this year was more like spring.

--
http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/current/season/aus/summary.shtml

Winter in Australia 2021

TMIN TMAX TAVG
AUS +1.27 #7/112 +1.08 #9 +1.18 #4

La Ni?a
Trade winds strengthen, increasing the temperature of the warm water north
of Australia. Cloudiness and rainfall north of Australia are enhanced,
typically leading to above average winter-spring rainfall for eastern and
central parts of the country, and a wetter start to the northern wet season.
-- BoM

[Hillbillies have been known to insist "warm trade winds" in the N of Aus
are exactly the same thiung as cold fronts coming off the S Ocean and
insist there are Youtube's that proob it]!

Re: SAM switches +ve in a big way

<skjevd$15v9$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8268&group=aus.politics#8268

From: kym...@kymhorsell.com (R Kym Horsell)
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,aus.politics
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 09:32:31 -0000 (UTC)
 by: R Kym Horsell - Mon, 18 Oct 2021 09:32 UTC

In alt.global-warming Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
> R Kym Horsell <kym@kymhorsell.com> wrote
>> Fran <f2r2a3@loonynutters.com> wrote
>>> You're still trolling. Rod is usually irritating but on this occasion,
>>> he's right about him, and other Australians noticing La Nina. All
>>> the Australians who've replied to this thread made that point.
>> I have only noticed you (saying nothing) and Rod (being Rod).
> You never could bullshit and lie you way out of a wet paper bag.

You are providing an example of what you are complaining about.

No change in 35 years as far as I can tell.

--
<kaggle.com/kymhorsell1>

Re: SAM switches +ve in a big way

<it5s3fFg3cnU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8276&group=aus.politics#8276

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,aus.politics
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 05:18:21 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 18 Oct 2021 18:18 UTC

R Kym Horsell <kym@kymhorsell.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote

>>> La Ni?a
>>> Trade winds strengthen, increasing the temperature of the warm water
>>> north
>>> of Australia. Cloudiness and rainfall north of Australia are enhanced,
>>> typically leading to above average winter-spring rainfall for eastern
>>> and
>>> central parts of the country, and a wetter start to the northern wet
>>> season.
>>> -- BoM

>> Pity about
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Ni%C3%B1a#Australia

> You have to quote the part that says La Nina
> makes sept in Aus colder than usual.

Even a terminal fuckwit such as yourself should have
noticed this bit.

La Niña is characterized by increased rainfall and cloud
cover, especially across the east and north; snow cover
is increased. There are also cooler daytime temperatures
south of the tropics and fewer extreme highs

That is precisely what we have seen in the first half of spring, fuckwit.

And yes, both me and Fran are south of the tropics.

Re: SAM switches +ve in a big way

<skkeg5$1f1k$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8277&group=aus.politics#8277

From: kym...@kymhorsell.com (R Kym Horsell)
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,aus.politics
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 18:30:32 -0000 (UTC)
 by: R Kym Horsell - Mon, 18 Oct 2021 18:30 UTC

In alt.global-warming Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
> R Kym Horsell <kym@kymhorsell.com> wrote
>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote

>>> Pity about
>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Ni%C3%B1a#Australia
>
>> You have to quote the part that says La Nina
>> makes sept in Aus colder than usual.
>
> Even a terminal fuckwit such as yourself should have
> noticed this bit.
>
> La Ni~na is characterized by increased rainfall and cloud
> cover, especially across the east and north; snow cover
> is increased. There are also cooler daytime temperatures
> south of the tropics and fewer extreme highs

Impressive. But the time of year is not mentioned.
You will notice on the BOM pages the time of year makes a
difference how the La Nina is interpreted.

--
La Ni?a
Trade winds strengthen, increasing the temperature of the warm water north
of Australia. Cloudiness and rainfall north of Australia are enhanced,
typically leading to above average winter-spring rainfall for eastern and
central parts of the country, and a wetter start to the northern wet season.
-- BoM

Southern Annular Mode
The Southern Annular Mode, or SAM , is a climate driver that can influence
rainfall and temperature in Australia. ... This belt of westerly winds is
also associated with storms and cold fronts that move from west to east,
bringing rainfall to southern Australia. The SAM has three phases: neutral,
positive and negative.
-- BoM

Australia ski season 2021: Cold snap gives hope for great ski season
Traveller.com.au, 20 Jun 2021
Thirdly, and most importantly, there's the Southern Annular Mode which
determines how far north cold fronts move, the systems that bring the snow.

[Hillbillies have been known to insist "warm trade winds" in the N of Aus
are exactly the same thang as cold fronts coming off the S Ocean and
insist there are Wiki pages and Youtube's that proob it]!

Re: SAM switches +ve in a big way

<it659lFhqn5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8278&group=aus.politics#8278

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,aus.politics
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 07:55:14 +1100
References: <skfpq7$159g$1@gioia.aioe.org> <skfr58$cia$2@dont-email.me> <skfrbi$1iu5$1@gioia.aioe.org> <skgds0$fo$1@dont-email.me> <skgifp$1ulr$1@gioia.aioe.org> <skiqpa$7da$1@dont-email.me> <skis7b$1p77$1@gioia.aioe.org> <skiuar$sa5$1@dont-email.me> <skiuj5$aa3$1@gioia.aioe.org> <it4rucF9vojU1@mid.individual.net> <skjeh2$11f1$1@gioia.aioe.org> <it5s3fFg3cnU1@mid.individual.net> <skkeg5$1f1k$1@gioia.aioe.org>
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 18 Oct 2021 20:55 UTC

R Kym Horsell <kym@kymhorsell.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>> R Kym Horsell <kym@kymhorsell.com> wrote
>>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote

>>> You have to quote the part that says La Nina
>>> makes sept in Aus colder than usual.
>> Even a terminal fuckwit such as yourself should have noticed this bit.
>> La Ni~na is characterized by increased rainfall and cloud
>> cover, especially across the east and north; snow cover
>> is increased. There are also cooler daytime temperatures
>> south of the tropics and fewer extreme highs
> Impressive. But the time of year is not mentioned.

Even a terminal fuckwit such as yourself
should have noticed the SNOW COVER bit.

Re: SAM switches +ve in a big way

<skknfo$1prr$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8280&group=aus.politics#8280

From: kym...@kymhorsell.com (R Kym Horsell)
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,aus.politics
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 21:03:54 -0000 (UTC)
References: <skfpq7$159g$1@gioia.aioe.org> <skfr58$cia$2@dont-email.me> <skfrbi$1iu5$1@gioia.aioe.org> <skgds0$fo$1@dont-email.me> <skgifp$1ulr$1@gioia.aioe.org> <skiqpa$7da$1@dont-email.me> <skis7b$1p77$1@gioia.aioe.org> <skiuar$sa5$1@dont-email.me> <skiuj5$aa3$1@gioia.aioe.org> <it4rucF9vojU1@mid.individual.net> <skjeh2$11f1$1@gioia.aioe.org> <it5s3fFg3cnU1@mid.individual.net> <skkeg5$1f1k$1@gioia.aioe.org> <it659lFhqn5U1@mid.individual.net>
 by: R Kym Horsell - Mon, 18 Oct 2021 21:03 UTC

In alt.global-warming Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
> R Kym Horsell <kym@kymhorsell.com> wrote
>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>>> R Kym Horsell <kym@kymhorsell.com> wrote
>>> Even a terminal fuckwit such as yourself should have noticed this bit.
>>> La Ni~na is characterized by increased rainfall and cloud
>>> cover, especially across the east and north; snow cover
>>> is increased. There are also cooler daytime temperatures
>>> south of the tropics and fewer extreme highs
>> Impressive. But the time of year is not mentioned.
> Even a terminal fuckwit such as yourself
> should have noticed the SNOW COVER bit.

Do they mean at sea level or high elevation where it can occur anytime?

The upshot is, Dear Rod, you have piled lack of reading on error on error.

Even if there is a ruke "if la nina then cold winter"

and we accept the past winter that was generally 1C above normal
and e.g. 2,3rd-warmest in Tasmania and top 10 in most of the other
states was detected by you as "cold"

even if we accept all that and the many other errors and ignoring
of the direction the storms and their origin not being the pacific
and any contrary information to your various prejudices
but the southern or indian oceans

even if we ignore all that rubbish then claiming you can deduce
it is a la nina because there is a cold winter is called
"inverting an if"
and is a tyro mistake you were supposed to be educated out of
in year 11.

That, Dear Rod, is why only your blood kin listens to anything you
have to say.

--
[...]

[La Nina has been running but winter was warm:]
Winter in Australia 2021
TMIN TMAX TAVG
AUS +1.27 #7/112 +1.08 #9 +1.18 #4
QLD +1.63 #4 +1.96 #6 +1.80 #4
NSW +.86 +1.0 +.93 =10
VIC +.74 +1.11 =4 +.93 #7
TAS +.73 #9 +1.2 #3 +.97 =2
SA +1.28 #9 +.72 +1.0 #8
WA +.94 +.73 +.84
NT +1.78 #5 +.88 +1.33 #8
<http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/current/season/aus/summary.shtml>

[Hillbillies have been known to insist "warm trade winds" in the N of Aus
are exactly the same thang as cold fronts coming off the S Ocean and
insist there are Wiki pages and Youtube's that proo

Re: SAM switches +ve in a big way

<it6964Fih7jU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8284&group=aus.politics#8284

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,aus.politics
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 09:01:37 +1100
References: <skfpq7$159g$1@gioia.aioe.org> <skfr58$cia$2@dont-email.me> <skfrbi$1iu5$1@gioia.aioe.org> <skgds0$fo$1@dont-email.me> <skgifp$1ulr$1@gioia.aioe.org> <skiqpa$7da$1@dont-email.me> <skis7b$1p77$1@gioia.aioe.org> <skiuar$sa5$1@dont-email.me> <skiuj5$aa3$1@gioia.aioe.org> <it4rucF9vojU1@mid.individual.net> <skjeh2$11f1$1@gioia.aioe.org> <it5s3fFg3cnU1@mid.individual.net> <skkeg5$1f1k$1@gioia.aioe.org> <it659lFhqn5U1@mid.individual.net> <skknfo$1prr$1@gioia.aioe.org>
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 18 Oct 2021 22:01 UTC

R Kym Horsell <kym@kymhorsell.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>> R Kym Horsell <kym@kymhorsell.com> wrote
>>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote

>>> Impressive. But the time of year is not mentioned.

>> Even a terminal fuckwit such as yourself
>> should have noticed the SNOW COVER bit.

> Do they mean at sea level or high elevation where it can occur anytime?

You never could bullshit your way out of a wet paper bag.

Re: SAM switches +ve in a big way

<skkseu$1m70$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8285&group=aus.politics#8285

Followup: aus.politics
From: kym...@kymhorsell.com (R Kym Horsell)
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,aus.politics
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 22:28:50 -0000 (UTC)
References: <skfpq7$159g$1@gioia.aioe.org> <skfrbi$1iu5$1@gioia.aioe.org> <skgds0$fo$1@dont-email.me> <skgifp$1ulr$1@gioia.aioe.org> <skiqpa$7da$1@dont-email.me> <skis7b$1p77$1@gioia.aioe.org> <skiuar$sa5$1@dont-email.me> <skiuj5$aa3$1@gioia.aioe.org> <it4rucF9vojU1@mid.individual.net> <skjeh2$11f1$1@gioia.aioe.org> <it5s3fFg3cnU1@mid.individual.net> <skkeg5$1f1k$1@gioia.aioe.org> <it659lFhqn5U1@mid.individual.net> <skknfo$1prr$1@gioia.aioe.org> <it6964Fih7jU1@mid.individual.net>
 by: R Kym Horsell - Mon, 18 Oct 2021 22:28 UTC

In alt.global-warming Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

Given we've reached the stage where no useful information can be
exchanged, something I admit I did a lil sommin sommin to help along,
it's time for shaggy dog storytime.
As a professional Cassandra I'm used to people ignoring my advice.
I usually let the chips fall where they may on that.
I suspect. well pretty sure really, this dates back to high school.
Back in those days I was in a boys-only school in the N subs of Sydney.
I had a few friends -- as much as anyone can be a friend when I was
moving from place to place every couple years because the parents
were in the police and/or military on and off. At one point a guy
I tended to hang out with after school was mad on cars. He wanted to
grow up and be a mechanic. We generally got along. He was a couple
ys older than me. How this could be when we were in the same year
of highschool I'll gloss over. :)
When he got his license we used to drive around Sydney. Go to various
beaches. Sometimes out to Gosford and points north. Sometimes to
the mountains. Various places.
He was an emotional rather than thinking type. Always very confident
of his ideas, no matter how crack-brained they seemed to me. :)
One day he wanted to drive along the coast and see one or other sights.
We drove for a while and he announced he wanted to turn off and
park on the cliff overlooking the sea. The area he apparently had picked
had no signs or carpark or anything that indicated this was a safe or
common thing to do for that location.
He admitted he never had been there and just wanted to look out to sea
from whatever height it was.
He turned off the road. I stopped him and wanted to know if he knew it
was safe. He said he was sure it was safe. His mental model was apparently
a big rocky cliff and he would be parking on a yuge lump of immovable granite.
I tried to talk him out of it. He wasn't listening. So I got out.
he laughed at me good-naturedly, started up the car and slowly drove
over to the edge and seemed to be aiming to stop 2-3-4 feet from the edge.
There was a loud cracking sound and the car disappeared followed by a big
crash in the distance.
I edged over to the edge and it looked a LONG way down with no way seemingly
to get down there. The car at least was not in the water. But landing on
a big ledge with rock pools was no picnic.
After a few minutes he started to scream incoherently down there.
I tried to ask him if he could at least move or get out of the car.
Only screaming came back.
So I had to leave him there and walk 10-20 miles to the nearest
garage I came across. It was a few hours before I could get a ride
back there with the cops and ambulance that came out from some town.
He was still alive but unconscious.
It took more hours to get the rescue guys down there and drag him back
on a stretcher. They found there was a yuge overhang. My pal
had driven out over 6 foot of sandstone that was only 1-2 ft thick.
It couldnt hold the massive weight of the massive clunker he was driving.
I went to the hospital and waited to see what was what. After
hours the doctor told me it looked like he was paralyzed and he was
not gunna be talking to me for some time so go home..
I went home and never saw or heard from him again.
So when I give some advice and e.g. the customer doesn't want to hear
it I generally just let the chips fall where they may but try to step
away so they don't drag me over the edge with them. It's been
a life saver more than a couple of times.

--
[...]

<skkv2t$rer$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8286&group=aus.politics#8286

From: f2r...@loonynutters.com (Fran)
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,aus.politics
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 10:13:30 +1100
 by: Fran - Mon, 18 Oct 2021 23:13 UTC

On 18/10/2021 5:12 pm, R Kym Horsell wrote:
> In alt.global-warming Fran <f2r2a3@loonynutters.com> wrote:
>>> But apparently needed on some level nevertheless.
>> Nope. We have the BOM and the CSIRO to do that. BOM even uses Youtube
>> to explain:
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdTZiOGdKfU
>

> Sure you read something and think you know it all.

You have no idea beyond your ill informed opinion about what people know
or don't know.

> Nevertheless if you insist in agreeing with Rod and the hillbillies
> that started x-posting my stuff to (whereever) you dont.

Hillbillies?

Since you still don't understand that you are wrong and you obviously
have difficulty reading for comprehension, I'll repeat and clarify further:
Rod wrote (in answer to the question of whether a anyone would notice
"La Niña" without being told about it) that
1) "We certainly do." Clear enough I'd have thought but when you failed
to understand what he wrote the first time round he went further and wrote,
2) "Irrelevant to what was being discussed, if we notice La Nina without
being told it's happening".

To be VERY clear, Rod said twice that we 'hillbillies' (to use your pig
ignorant descriptor) notice "La Niña" without being told about it. I
agree with Rod because until recently we owned two farms raising pasture
fed beef cattle so what is happening in term of rainfall and temperature
is vital to pasture growth and location of heifers due to calve. Add to
that the fact that a third 'hillbilly' (ie: Wotawonderfulworld) stated
we'd notice, or as he wrote "Yeap, ask any farmer".

Now you can continue your rude and arrogant comments and insistence that
you know what others think or know, or you can try to grow up. 3
Australians have told you that we notice. Arrogant, ignorant, rude and
stupid you can't believe that. You know better.

You're a troll.

Re: SAM switches +ve in a big way

<skkv38$rij$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8287&group=aus.politics#8287

From: f2r...@loonynutters.com (Fran)
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,aus.politics
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 10:13:41 +1100

On 19/10/2021 5:30 am, R Kym Horsell wrote:
> In alt.global-warming Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>> R Kym Horsell <kym@kymhorsell.com> wrote
>>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote

>>> You have to quote the part that says La Nina
>>> makes sept in Aus colder than usual.
>>
>> Even a terminal fuckwit such as yourself should have
>> noticed this bit.
>>
>> La Ni~na is characterized by increased rainfall and cloud
>> cover, especially across the east and north; snow cover
>> is increased. There are also cooler daytime temperatures
>> south of the tropics and fewer extreme highs
>
> Impressive. But the time of year is not mentioned.
> You will notice on the BOM pages the time of year makes a
> difference how the La Nina is interpreted.

Grow up.

aus+uk / aus.politics / SAM switches +ve in a big way