<Marticus> There's too much blood in my caffeine system.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: OT: Driver who killed two cyclists in Utah blames uncontrollable defecation for making her swerve into bike lane

SubjectAuthor
* OT: Driver who killed two cyclists in Utah blames uncontrollableswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: OT: Driver who killed two cyclists in Utah blames uncontrollableJNugent
+- Re: OT: Driver who killed two cyclists in Utah blames uncontrollableswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: OT: Driver who killed two cyclists in Utah blames uncontrollableswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: OT: Driver who killed two cyclists in Utah blames uncontrollableSpike
+* Re: OT: Driver who killed two cyclists in Utah blames uncontrollableswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: OT: Driver who killed two cyclists in Utah blames uncontrollableSpike
|`* Re: OT: Driver who killed two cyclists in Utah blames uncontrollableswldx...@gmail.com
| +* Re: OT: Driver who killed two cyclists in Utah blames uncontrollableSpike
| |`- Re: OT: Driver who killed two cyclists in Utah blames uncontrollableJNugent
| `* Re: OT: Driver who killed two cyclists in Utah blames uncontrollableswldx...@gmail.com
|  `* Re: OT: Driver who killed two cyclists in Utah blames uncontrollableswldx...@gmail.com
|   `- Re: OT: Driver who killed two cyclists in Utah blames uncontrollableSpike
`- Re: OT: Driver who killed two cyclists in Utah blames uncontrollableswldx...@gmail.com

1
OT: Driver who killed two cyclists in Utah blames uncontrollable defecation for making her swerve into bike lane

<3dc2de43-1416-4c97-9a13-2fb808cc31c2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8134&group=uk.rec.cycling#8134

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 05:33:30 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: OT: Driver who killed two cyclists in Utah blames uncontrollable
defecation for making her swerve into bike lane
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 12:33 UTC

A new wriggle - just like the people near Speke airport that defacate in the residents' gardens after dumping their cars for 2 weeks.

A driver who crashed into two cyclists in Utah, killing both, told police the fatal collision happened after she swerved because she was uncontrollably defecating.

Julie Ann Budge has been arrested and booked into Washington County Jail on two counts of automobile homicide and two counts of driving under the influence with serious bodily injury.

The 47 year old told police she had various medical issues and had swerved into the bike lane after she started uncontrollably defecating, hitting the two brothers from California participating the Spring Tour of St. George event.

Despite witnesses attempting treatment, the riders were unresponsive and died from their injuries in hospital, with the motorist blaming her irritable bowel syndrome for causing the crash.

Arresting documents seen by KUTV (link is external) show the driver told officers she was on multiple medications and "began to uncontrollably defecate on herself while driving, so she swerved".

Budge was followed by a witness before pulling over several hundred yards from the collision site. The arresting officer wrote that a witness reported "it appeared that Julie did not have the intention of stopping after hitting the two cyclists".

The driver of a Hyundai Genesis reportedly told police she knew she had hit the cyclists but could not get her vehicle to stop.

Arresting documents state that Budge failed sobriety tests conducted at the scene and had been admitted to hospital the previous day, taking Fentanyl through an IV drip.

"At this time, I placed Julie under arrest for suspicion of driving under the influence," the arresting officer recalled. Budge was taken to hospital where a warrant was issued for a blood test.

In addition to the two counts of automobile homocide due to criminal negligence, and two counts of DUI with serious bodily injury, Budge will also face two counts of failure to remain at an accident involving death, and a class B misdemeanour charge of reckless driving and an infraction of improper lane travel.

https://road.cc/content/news/us-driver-blames-fatal-collision-irritable-bowels-291843

Re: OT: Driver who killed two cyclists in Utah blames uncontrollable defecation for making her swerve into bike lane

<jbilukF5crpU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8136&group=uk.rec.cycling#8136

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
defecation for making her swerve into bike lane
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 13:40:51 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 12:40 UTC

> A new wriggle - just like the people near Speke airport that defacate in the residents' gardens after dumping their cars for 2 weeks.

?????

Surely you meant the fairy-cyclists who defecate on village greens
because they can't wait to get back onto their fairy-bikes and couldn't
care less about anyone else?

> A driver who crashed into two cyclists in Utah, killing both, told police the fatal collision happened after she swerved because she was uncontrollably defecating.
> Julie Ann Budge has been arrested and booked into Washington County Jail on two counts of automobile homicide and two counts of driving under the influence with serious bodily injury.
> The 47 year old told police she had various medical issues and had swerved into the bike lane after she started uncontrollably defecating, hitting the two brothers from California participating the Spring Tour of St. George event.
> Despite witnesses attempting treatment, the riders were unresponsive and died from their injuries in hospital, with the motorist blaming her irritable bowel syndrome for causing the crash.
> Arresting documents seen by KUTV (link is external) show the driver told officers she was on multiple medications and "began to uncontrollably defecate on herself while driving, so she swerved".
> Budge was followed by a witness before pulling over several hundred yards from the collision site. The arresting officer wrote that a witness reported "it appeared that Julie did not have the intention of stopping after hitting the two cyclists".
> The driver of a Hyundai Genesis reportedly told police she knew she had hit the cyclists but could not get her vehicle to stop.

Is that a third party witness?

Or is the "Hyundai Genesis" the vehicle driven by the defendant?

Road.cc at its impenetrable best again, eh?

> Arresting documents state that Budge failed sobriety tests conducted at the scene and had been admitted to hospital the previous day, taking Fentanyl through an IV drip.
> "At this time, I placed Julie under arrest for suspicion of driving under the influence," the arresting officer recalled. Budge was taken to hospital where a warrant was issued for a blood test.
> In addition to the two counts of automobile homocide due to criminal negligence, and two counts of DUI with serious bodily injury, Budge will also face two counts of failure to remain at an accident involving death, and a class B misdemeanour charge of reckless driving and an infraction of improper lane travel.

"... an infraction of improper lane travel"?

Road.cc yet again.
> https://road.cc/content/news/us-driver-blames-fatal-collision-irritable-bowels-29184

No verdict yet?

Re: OT: Driver who killed two cyclists in Utah blames uncontrollable defecation for making her swerve into bike lane

<de685f3a-c02a-4d29-ba93-f60de40fe420n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8138&group=uk.rec.cycling#8138

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 05:44:54 -0700 (PDT)
defecation for making her swerve into bike lane
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 12:44 UTC

BalladOfStruth | 10 posts | 6 min ago
0 likes
QUOTE:
I'm not sure "I continued to drive despite having a known medical condition that affects my ability to drive" is as good an excuse as she thinks it is. ENDS

WELL SAID.

Re: OT: Driver who killed two cyclists in Utah blames uncontrollable defecation for making her swerve into bike lane

<708f1727-cd7c-490a-9d34-469fb71adf38n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8143&group=uk.rec.cycling#8143

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 08:47:30 -0700 (PDT)
defecation for making her swerve into bike lane
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 15:47 UTC

hawkinspeter | 8608 posts | 2 hours ago
4 likes
Assuming she's telling the truth, why swerve rather than just slow down and stop?

reply quote

AlsoSomniloquism replied to hawkinspeter | 3041 posts | 2 hours ago
3 likes
Instantly pulling over but happened to be a cycle lane on the side. Although she failed several substance tests and had a DUI from before so her decisions would not have been a "normal" persons. She couldn't even stop her car for several hundred feet until she realised a witness was following her.

Re: OT: Driver who killed two cyclists in Utah blames uncontrollable defecation for making her swerve into bike lane

<jbj167F79suU9@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8153&group=uk.rec.cycling#8153

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
defecation for making her swerve into bike lane
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 15:52:39 +0000
 by: Spike - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 15:52 UTC

On 11/04/2022 12:33, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> A new wriggle - just like the people near Speke airport that defacate in the residents' gardens after dumping their cars for 2 weeks.

> A driver who crashed into two cyclists in Utah, killing both, told police the fatal collision happened after she swerved because she was uncontrollably defecating.

Had the unfortunate lady been part of a timed bicycle ride?

--
Spike

Re: OT: Driver who killed two cyclists in Utah blames uncontrollable defecation for making her swerve into bike lane

<f744ae03-b94d-4637-b177-3525a02c2be9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8160&group=uk.rec.cycling#8160

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 08:59:35 -0700 (PDT)
defecation for making her swerve into bike lane
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 15:59 UTC

IanMSpencer | 387 posts | 1 hour ago
3 likes

My take is that it sounds like a"right to drive" excuse. The person claims to have a debilitating condition that means that they are unable to control their vehicle, so that makes it alright to kill people.

Alternatively, it's just a really, really crap excuse.

QUITE LITERALLY. :-)

Re: OT: Driver who killed two cyclists in Utah blames uncontrollable defecation for making her swerve into bike lane

<jbj20dF7kfqU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8166&group=uk.rec.cycling#8166

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
defecation for making her swerve into bike lane
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 16:06:37 +0000
 by: Spike - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 16:06 UTC

On 11/04/2022 15:59, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> IanMSpencer | 387 posts | 1 hour ago
> 3 likes

> My take is that it sounds like a"right to drive" excuse. The person claims to have a debilitating condition that means that they are unable to control their vehicle, so that makes it alright to kill people.

> Alternatively, it's just a really, really crap excuse.

> QUITE LITERALLY. :-)

NOT MUCH GET PAST YOU, DOES IT

--
Spike

Re: OT: Driver who killed two cyclists in Utah blames uncontrollable defecation for making her swerve into bike lane

<c8c05fb9-3daf-4075-9fca-171d22540d2fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8167&group=uk.rec.cycling#8167

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 09:08:35 -0700 (PDT)
defecation for making her swerve into bike lane
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 16:08 UTC

Now in the Daily Mail - comments are anti the driver for a change.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10705677/California-brothers-struck-killed-driver-Utah-told-lost-control-car-uncontrollably-DEFECATING.html

Re: OT: Driver who killed two cyclists in Utah blames uncontrollable defecation for making her swerve into bike lane

<jbku8nFiii4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8181&group=uk.rec.cycling#8181

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
defecation for making her swerve into bike lane
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 09:15:03 +0000
 by: Spike - Tue, 12 Apr 2022 09:15 UTC

On 11/04/2022 16:08, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> Now in the Daily Mail - comments are anti the driver for a change.

So you admit that you're anti-driver.

> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10705677/California-brothers-struck-killed-driver-Utah-told-lost-control-car-uncontrollably-DEFECATING.html

Did the Daily Mail also carry the original article concerning cyclists
on a timed run DEFECATING on a village green, simply because they
couldn't be arsed to wait for a toilet to become free?

--
Spike

Re: OT: Driver who killed two cyclists in Utah blames uncontrollable defecation for making her swerve into bike lane

<fc7338b5-a58d-4a42-9cbb-ae60f79cdbc6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8190&group=uk.rec.cycling#8190

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 02:32:31 -0700 (PDT)
defecation for making her swerve into bike lane
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 12 Apr 2022 09:32 UTC

On Monday, April 11, 2022 at 5:08:37 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> Now in the Daily Mail - comments are anti the driver for a change.
>
> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10705677/California-brothers-struck-killed-driver-Utah-told-lost-control-car-uncontrollably-DEFECATING.html

pdog602, Phoenix, United States, 1 day ago

The good news for her is she'll be very close to her toilet from now on...in her jail cell!

HOHO.

Re: OT: Driver who killed two cyclists in Utah blames uncontrollable defecation for making her swerve into bike lane

<jbmjq7Fsln8U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8226&group=uk.rec.cycling#8226

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
defecation for making her swerve into bike lane
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 01:28:55 +0100
 by: JNugent - Wed, 13 Apr 2022 00:28 UTC

On 12/04/2022 10:15 am, Spike wrote:
> On 11/04/2022 16:08, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Now in the Daily Mail - comments are anti the driver for a change.
>
> So you admit that you're anti-driver.
>
>> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10705677/California-brothers-struck-killed-driver-Utah-told-lost-control-car-uncontrollably-DEFECATING.html
>

> Did the Daily Mail also carry the original article concerning cyclists
> on a timed run DEFECATING on a village green, simply because they
> couldn't be arsed to wait for a toilet to become free?

I saw what you did there.

Re: OT: Driver who killed two cyclists in Utah blames uncontrollable defecation for making her swerve into bike lane

<a06c78ca-cf35-4813-b57e-0dd816158448n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8237&group=uk.rec.cycling#8237

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 03:06:09 -0700 (PDT)
defecation for making her swerve into bike lane
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 13 Apr 2022 10:06 UTC

Mike941, Roy, United States, 2 days ago

I participated in this ride. St. George has really nice roads with great bicycle paths. Some parts of the ride didn't have them and the road is narrow, but this part had a big bike path. Both riders were on that path. She had to swerve a long way off to hit them, and she had to have been driving really fast. This makes me sick. I love biking, but I realize every time I get on my bike to ride, it may be my last. Or my last day alive. Those two guys deserved better. If someone can't control their bowels, they should not be behind the wheel of a car.

Re: OT: Driver who killed two cyclists in Utah blames uncontrollable defecation for making her swerve into bike lane

<jbnsulF5jupU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8246&group=uk.rec.cycling#8246

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
defecation for making her swerve into bike lane
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 12:11:02 +0000
 by: Spike - Wed, 13 Apr 2022 12:11 UTC

On 13/04/2022 10:06, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> Mike941, Roy, United States, 2 days ago

> I participated in this ride. St. George has really nice roads with great bicycle paths. Some parts of the ride didn't have them and the road is narrow, but this part had a big bike path. Both riders were on that path. She had to swerve a long way off to hit them, and she had to have been driving really fast. This makes me sick. I love biking, but I realize every time I get on my bike to ride, it may be my last. Or my last day alive. Those two guys deserved better. If someone can't control their bowels, they should not be behind the wheel of a car.

Regarding an incident on a village green, involving cyclists on a timed
ride DEFECATING in public, perhaps that should have read "If someone
can't control their bowels, they should not be cycling".

--
Spike

Re: OT: Driver who killed two cyclists in Utah blames uncontrollable defecation for making her swerve into bike lane

<842fbdf3-3bc3-405a-9299-16df430191fbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8251&group=uk.rec.cycling#8251

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 05:46:49 -0700 (PDT)
defecation for making her swerve into bike lane
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 13 Apr 2022 12:46 UTC

reply quote

AlsoSomniloquism replied to chrisonatrike | 3047 posts | 1 day ago
10 likes
QUOTE: Don't forget one of the cases which made the appropriately named Mr Poopholes name where he successfully defended Alex Ferguson for speeding down the hard shoulder because of poop. Suprisingly when pulled over by the Police, Old whisky-nose mentioned nothing and accepted the paperwork at the the time. Also surprisingly, the star-struck Judge decided this was a worthy reason for breaking driving laws. ENDS

QUITE.