From: ruddock...@btinternet.com (Mike Ruddock)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: OT: Oral exams
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 10:01:27 +0100
 by: Mike Ruddock - Mon, 16 May 2022 09:01 UTC

I have two grandchildren taking public exams this year.
The girl, Bea (1) is taking A level and was told after she had come to
the end of her oral French that the examiner could listen to her speak
French for hours.
Her brother, Leo, is taking GCSE in both Italian and French (their
father, Antonio, is Italian and Bea did her GCSE Italian a year early
and got a top grade.)
A week or so before the orals Leo was told by his French teacher to
prepare answers on such topics as Holidays, My Family, Pets, My
favourite Music etc etc.
His Italian teacher suggested he thought about Global Warming, Ukraine,
The EU.
In the event none of the Italian suggestions came up.

Mike Ruddock

1. Some umrats may remember I announced Bea's birth 17 years ago,
pointing out that we now had Ant and Bea in the family.

Mike Ruddock

Re: OT: Oral exams

<ls448h907vlebiv2sh6of2cr2raoh2d9m1@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8275&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8275

From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: OT: Oral exams
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 10:05:07 +0100
 by: Vicky - Mon, 16 May 2022 09:05 UTC

On Mon, 16 May 2022 10:01:27 +0100, Mike Ruddock
<ruddock117@btinternet.com> wrote:

>I have two grandchildren taking public exams this year.
>The girl, Bea (1) is taking A level and was told after she had come to
>the end of her oral French that the examiner could listen to her speak
>French for hours.
>Her brother, Leo, is taking GCSE in both Italian and French (their
>father, Antonio, is Italian and Bea did her GCSE Italian a year early
>and got a top grade.)
>A week or so before the orals Leo was told by his French teacher to
>prepare answers on such topics as Holidays, My Family, Pets, My
>favourite Music etc etc.
>His Italian teacher suggested he thought about Global Warming, Ukraine,
>The EU.
>In the event none of the Italian suggestions came up.
>
>Mike Ruddock
>
>1. Some umrats may remember I announced Bea's birth 17 years ago,
>pointing out that we now had Ant and Bea in the family.
>
>Mike Ruddock

Those are very fine items of underwear, Mike. I am surprised, but not
shocked, but the number of frills etc, but am open-minded.

Re: OT: Oral exams

<t5t879$kdd$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8279&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8279

From: cli...@nowaytoday.co.uk (Clive Arthur)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 11:15:04 +0100
 by: Clive Arthur - Mon, 16 May 2022 10:15 UTC

On 16/05/2022 10:01, Mike Ruddock wrote:
> I have two grandchildren taking public exams this year.
> The girl, Bea (1) is taking A level and was told after she had come to
> the end of her oral French that the examiner could listen to her speak
> French for hours.

....and still not understand un mot sanglant.

--
Cheers
Clive