One organism, one vote.

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Re: BBC don't like Russ either

SubjectAuthor
* BBC don't like Russ eitherVicky
+* BBC don't like Russ eitherkrw
|`* BBC don't like Russ eitherMike McMillan
| `- BBC don't like Russ eitherJ. P. Gilliver (John)
`- BBC don't like Russ eitherChris

1
BBC don't like Russ either

<uv248h9tf67nbkkafa65730c1dbmm44ari@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8270&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8270

From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: BBC don't like Russ either
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 09:32:47 +0100
 by: Vicky - Mon, 16 May 2022 08:32 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/profiles/3VLG6MxxfQpKXF2Chky4Fmh/characters
He is not on this page, even among the odds and sods. Or am I having
an OAP can't see in front of her nose moment?

Re: BBC don't like Russ either

<t5t4ma$1eug$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8276&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8276

From: krw...@whitnet.uk (krw)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: BBC don't like Russ either
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 10:14:51 +0100
 by: krw - Mon, 16 May 2022 09:14 UTC

On 16.5.22 09:32, Vicky wrote:
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/profiles/3VLG6MxxfQpKXF2Chky4Fmh/characters
> He is not on this page, even among the odds and sods. Or am I having
> an OAP can't see in front of her nose moment?

The maintenance of web pages is probably an unsupported activity at the
BBC these days. One would imagine that the contents of the card index
were computerised when Keri was in charge of the website and the
subsequent use of the interns has meant that maintaining a consistent
and encompassing resource is not within the current budget and of course
the archivist was let go by SO'C as a cost saving measure.

--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk

Re: BBC don't like Russ either

<t5t7ki$88o$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8277&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8277

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 10:05:06 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:VqfqK5BhY3Skr6YbNHVT7mWDhcE=
 by: Mike McMillan - Mon, 16 May 2022 10:05 UTC

krw <krw@whitnet.uk> wrote:
> On 16.5.22 09:32, Vicky wrote:
>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/profiles/3VLG6MxxfQpKXF2Chky4Fmh/characters
>> He is not on this page, even among the odds and sods. Or am I having
>> an OAP can't see in front of her nose moment?
>
> The maintenance of web pages is probably an unsupported activity at the
> BBC these days. One would imagine that the contents of the card index
> were computerised when Keri was in charge of the website and the
> subsequent use of the interns has meant that maintaining a consistent
> and encompassing resource is not within the current budget and of course
> the archivist was let go by SO'C as a cost saving measure.

This (American?) expression or ufamizzum ‘Let you go’ meaning ‘We are
giving you the Push, now and without ceremony.’ is one I hate and feel they
should be honest and use the expression ‘We are dropping you’ [perhaps the
Merkins think that employees can’t wait to put on their running shoes to
make an escape.] Corporates seem very good at shifting blame or
responsibility onto the poor individual. Thread merging Alert: It is like
energy providers who prefer you to believe that they are spreading the cost
out over twelve months rather than have you face even heavier bills in the
colder months; they prefer not to mention that if you start your accounting
in say, March, you will be paying over the odds each month unttil the
colder months arrive later in the year. They would prefer you think they
are saying ‘Don’t worry about owing us over the winter months - just borrow
until the following spring when you can pay us back a little every month.’
It is all very similar to the ruse used to extract a DD agreement out of
customers telling them they will get a discount this way! Harrumph!!!

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: BBC don't like Russ either

<saFLhf$6qigiFwW7@a.a>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8280&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8280

From: G6J...@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver (John))
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 11:43:06 +0100
 by: J. P. Gilliver (John - Mon, 16 May 2022 10:43 UTC

On Mon, 16 May 2022 at 10:05:06, Mike McMillan
<toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> wrote (my responses usually FOLLOW):
[]
>It is all very similar to the ruse used to extract a DD agreement out of
>customers telling them they will get a discount this way! Harrumph!!!

I've more than once tried to get "Rip Off Britain" and similar prog.s
interested in what I prefer to call the "non-DD surcharge", since it is
in practice a _lot_ more than the extra processing cost involved in
taking payments almost any other way; so far, no interest after the
initial automatic response.

A dishwasher is rubbish at making treacle sponge. - Marjorie in UMRA, 2017-1-15

Re: BBC don't like Russ either

<t5u4f2$qgg$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8289&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8289

From: chris.mc...@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 18:17:06 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:QF7tK7agcdBdR9KHnXQxa+RhG00=
 by: Chris - Mon, 16 May 2022 18:17 UTC

Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> wrote:
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/profiles/3VLG6MxxfQpKXF2Chky4Fmh/characters
> He is not on this page, even among the odds and sods. Or am I having
> an OAP can't see in front of her nose moment?

He isn’t there, never has been

Sincerely Chris