Quark! Quark! Beware the quantum duck!

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Near Miss of the Day 747: Moped rider aims kick at cyclist (video contains swearing)

SubjectAuthor
* Near Miss of the Day 747: Moped rider aims kick at cyclist (videoswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Near Miss of the Day 747: Moped rider aims kick at fairy-cyclistJNugent
+* Re: Near Miss of the Day 747: Moped rider aims kick at cyclist (videoswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Near Miss of the Day 747: Moped rider aims kick at cyclist (videoJNugent
`- Re: Near Miss of the Day 747: Moped rider aims kick at cyclist (videoswldx...@gmail.com

1
Near Miss of the Day 747: Moped rider aims kick at cyclist (video contains swearing)

<791fe6f6-5c92-4c78-ad45-2d05ab35e113n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8280&group=uk.rec.cycling#8280

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 11:35:02 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Near Miss of the Day 747: Moped rider aims kick at cyclist (video
contains swearing)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 13 Apr 2022 18:35 UTC

Today’s near miss is a bit of an unusual one, coming as it does courtesy of a reckless road user on two wheels rather than four.

Last Friday evening road.cc reader Micaela was riding on the coast road towards Brighton when a passing moped rider – L plate prominently attached to the back of their bike – aimed a kick in her direction.

And that wasn’t even the extent of the rider’s bizarre and dangerous behaviour.

“The driver was driving erratically and even drove onto the pavement at one point,” Micaela told us.

“I sent the video to Sussex Police and all they did was send a letter to the registered owner. This guy is going to kill someone and Sussex Police do not care.”

https://road.cc/content/news/near-miss-day-747-291935

Re: Near Miss of the Day 747: Moped rider aims kick at fairy-cyclist (video contains swearing)

<jbp7sjFdn52U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8281&group=uk.rec.cycling#8281

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Near Miss of the Day 747: Moped rider aims kick at fairy-cyclist
(video contains swearing)
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 01:23:47 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 00:23 UTC

> Today’s near miss is a bit of an unusual one, coming as it does courtesy of a reckless road user on two wheels rather than four.

"Reckless"?

It all sounds as though it was meant, and with feeling.

> Last Friday evening road.cc reader Micaela was riding on the coast road towards Brighton when a passing moped rider – L plate prominently attached to the back of their bike – aimed a kick in her direction.
>
> And that wasn’t even the extent of the rider’s bizarre and dangerous behaviour.
>
> “The driver was driving erratically and even drove onto the pavement at one point,” Micaela told us.

Ooooh!! A clutching of handbag moment!

"...[on] the pavement"?

Who DID he think he was? A fairy-cyclist?

> “I sent the video to Sussex Police and all they did was send a letter to the registered owner. This guy is going to kill someone and Sussex Police do not care.”

Maybe they don't believe you, Micaela.

Or perhaps it took them a while to recover from the fits of laughter at
the idea of a fairy-cyclist *complaining* about someone else riding on
the footway.

> https://road.cc/content/news/near-miss-day-747-291935

Re: Near Miss of the Day 747: Moped rider aims kick at cyclist (video contains swearing)

<08415c99-d9f8-4ea0-87a1-5152f12dcecdn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8288&group=uk.rec.cycling#8288

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 02:46:33 -0700 (PDT)
contains swearing)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 09:46 UTC

OldRidgeback | 3984 posts | 48 min ago
0 likes
As a motorcyclist, I've not much time for riders of twist and go scooter riders like this. They ride like utter twunts all too often. I get it with delivery riders at least because they're paid by the delivery so basically have to go flat out everywhere to make any kind of money, not that I condone the dangerous riding they often exhibit. But a lot of L plate riders on scooters behave like complete p*****.

As a cyclist I've probably even less time for twunts on scooters.

APPLAUSE.

Re: Near Miss of the Day 747: Moped rider aims kick at cyclist (video contains swearing)

<jbqddiFkgoaU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8295&group=uk.rec.cycling#8295

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
contains swearing)
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 12:04:18 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 11:04 UTC

On 14/04/2022 10:46 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> OldRidgeback | 3984 posts | 48 min ago
> 0 likes
>
> As a motorcyclist, I've not much time for riders of twist and go scooter riders like this. They ride like utter twunts all too often. I get it with delivery riders at least because they're paid by the delivery so basically have to go flat out everywhere to make any kind of money, not that I condone the dangerous riding they often exhibit. But a lot of L plate riders on scooters behave like complete p*****.
>
> As a cyclist I've probably even less time for twunts on scooters.
>
> APPLAUSE.

It is difficult to see why the law allows so much unsupervised riding of
(even small) motorcycles (in the scooter and moped classes) on an L
plate. It is the class of road vehicle whose users are at most risk of
serious injury and death and the aim of the law should be to get them
trained and qualified as soon as possible rather than dragging it out
over a year or two. The alternative is getting them off the road if they
fail the test(s), of course.

But I have the utmost respect for qualified motor-cyclists. They never
hold you up. When the lights turn green (and not before), they're gone...

Re: Near Miss of the Day 747: Moped rider aims kick at cyclist (video contains swearing)

<a29b10f0-d8b5-4854-b641-30ae8090bb26n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8298&group=uk.rec.cycling#8298

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 04:06:14 -0700 (PDT)
contains swearing)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 11:06 UTC

Wearing a WH05 DAT hoodie (link is external) from a clothing supplier owned by someone with the same name as a person jailed for 15 months for dangerous driving (link is external)...

Chance of this rider being a wrong 'un is high!

Her description was spot on too.