From: byk...@do~rag.net (Byker)
Newsgroups: uk.politics.misc,can.politics,aus.politics,nz.politics,talk.politics.misc
Subject: Re: MSM attack on social media hate speech.
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 18:32:08 -0500
 by: Byker - Tue, 19 Oct 2021 23:32 UTC

"Pancho" wrote in message news:skjiaf$5dc$1@dont-email.me...

> We have seen where this type of thinking ends, with the MSM attack on
> Corbyn. It won't just be threats of violence that are captured as hate
> speech, it will be petty insults and even some types of perfectly
> reasonable, factually correct, criticism.

Whenever Hindoo telemarketers call me on the phone, I tell them,
"Go jump in the Ganges."

In the UK and Commonwealth, that would be enough to get me arrested
for "hate speech," be hit with a whopping fine and possible jail time, I'd
lose my job and consequently my home, and with my marriage failing soon
afterwards, I'd be left with NOTHING...

Re: MSM attack on social media hate speech.

<8kpumgljvkr1tjmbvtpvne5umubuj00s1o@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8308&group=aus.politics#8308

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: uk.politics.misc,can.politics,aus.politics,nz.politics,talk.politics.misc
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 11:55:15 +1100
 by: Petzl - Wed, 20 Oct 2021 00:55 UTC

On Tue, 19 Oct 2021 18:32:08 -0500, "Byker" <byker@do~rag.net> wrote:

>"Pancho" wrote in message news:skjiaf$5dc$1@dont-email.me...
>>
>> We have seen where this type of thinking ends, with the MSM attack on
>> Corbyn. It won't just be threats of violence that are captured as hate
>> speech, it will be petty insults and even some types of perfectly
>> reasonable, factually correct, criticism.
>
>Whenever Hindoo telemarketers call me on the phone, I tell them,
>"Go jump in the Ganges."

I just curse them "Gobbledygook chant" and tell them family is now
cursed horribly, then politely say goodbye, works for a while.
Not with Robo calls

Ended up buying "Call Guardian" land line phone, basically it asks to
give name then push hash key, stops robocalls and telemarketers
When answering push 1 to whitelist call
push 3 to block
link they are sold on ebay
https://tinyurl.com/2297jn5h

--
Petzl
Good lawyers know the law

Re: MSM attack on social media hate speech.

<it9elqF6ch0U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8312&group=aus.politics#8312

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: uk.politics.misc,can.politics,aus.politics,nz.politics,talk.politics.misc
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 13:53:42 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 20 Oct 2021 02:53 UTC

Byker <byker@do~rag.net> wrote
> Pancho wrote

>> We have seen where this type of thinking ends, with the MSM attack on
>> Corbyn. It won't just be threats of violence that are captured as hate
>> speech, it will be petty insults and even some types of perfectly
>> reasonable, factually correct, criticism.
>
> Whenever Hindoo telemarketers call me on the phone, I tell them,
> "Go jump in the Ganges."
>
> In the UK and Commonwealth, that would be
> enough to get me arrested for "hate speech,"

Nope, not even in the UK.

> be hit with a whopping fine and possible jail time,

Nope, not even in the UK.

> I'd lose my job and consequently my home,

Nope, not even in the UK.

> and with my marriage failing soon
> afterwards, I'd be left with NOTHING...

Nope, not even in the UK.

aus+uk / aus.politics / Re: MSM attack on social media hate speech.