From: byk...@do~rag.net (Byker)
Newsgroups: uk.politics.misc,soc.culture.british,aus.politics,uk.legal,alt.politics.uk
Subject: Re: The genesis the British worker shortage
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 18:29:22 -0500
 by: Byker - Tue, 19 Oct 2021 23:29 UTC

"RH" wrote in message
news:347c299e-6bda-4ae4-a707-5d5a8ca154abn@googlegroups.com...

> Note: The problem of Britons not taking certain classes of job is
> largely a question of pa.y
>
> If I want to employ someone cleaning the sewers ad offer £200 a week I
> will not be able to employ someone. If I offer £500 I will be able to
> employ someone. If I offer £1500 per week I will probably be inundated
> with CVs.
>
> Jobs fall into two ca are categories: those which are pleasant and
> interesting and those which are unpleasant. The former are well paid,
> the latter poorly paid.

My definition of work: Self-abuse in exchange for money.

What's the difference between a job and a career?

A job is when you put up with bullshit for 40 hours a week.

A career is when you put up with said bullshit for 40 years.

True, there are people who genuinely LIKE their jobs. There are also
people who become sexually turned-on by the taste of human shit...

Re: The genesis the British worker shortage

<sknl2n$ppd$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8307&group=aus.politics#8307

From: fre...@nospam.co.uk (Fredxx)
Newsgroups: uk.politics.misc,soc.culture.british,aus.politics,uk.legal,alt.politics.uk
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 00:41:11 +0100
 by: Fredxx - Tue, 19 Oct 2021 23:41 UTC

On 20/10/2021 00:29, Byker wrote:
> "RH"  wrote in message
>
>> Note: The problem  of  Britons not taking certain classes of job is
>> largely a question of  pa.y
>>
>> If I want to employ someone  cleaning the sewers ad offer £200 a week I
>> will not be able to employ someone.  If I  offer £500  I will be able to
>> employ someone. If I offer £1500 per week  I will probably be  inundated
>> with CVs.
>>
>> Jobs fall into two ca are categories: those which are pleasant and
>> interesting and  those which  are unpleasant. The former are well paid,
>> the latter poorly paid.
>
> My definition of work: Self-abuse in exchange for money.
>
> What's the difference between a job and a career?
>
> A job is when you put up with bullshit for 40 hours a week.
>
> A career is when you put up with said bullshit for 40 years.
>
> True, there are people who genuinely LIKE their jobs. There are also
> people who become sexually turned-on by the taste of human shit...

Does this mean you're a bugger to please?

aus+uk / aus.politics / Re: The genesis the British worker shortage