Experiments must be reproducible; they should all fail in the same way.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Two arrested as police find cyclist dead

SubjectAuthor
* Two arrested as police find cyclist deadswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: Two arrested as police find cyclist deadJNugent
+* Re: Two arrested as police find cyclist deadswldx...@gmail.com
|+* Re: Two arrested as police find cyclist deadSpike
||`- Re: Two arrested as police find cyclist deadJNugent
|`- Re: Two arrested as police find cyclist deadswldx...@gmail.com
`- Re: Two arrested as police find cyclist deadswldx...@gmail.com

1
Two arrested as police find cyclist dead

<b70f28b2-0a56-40bc-b46e-bdd8b2da88f5n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8332&group=uk.rec.cycling#8332

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 08:46:48 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Two arrested as police find cyclist dead
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 15:46 UTC

A man in this 30's has suffered fatal injuries following a serious accident involving a bike and a car.

Police have closed Wakefield Road in Normanton for accident investigation work from Church Lane to Mill Hill following a serious accident where a black Honda Civic fled the scene.

The car failed to stop after colliding with the cyclist. Emergency services found the rider who suffered fatal injuries - they located the abandoned Honda Civic a short time later.

Two men have been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.

A West Yorkshire Police spokesman said: "Police are appealing for witnesses following a fail to stop collision incident in Normanton which left a cyclist with fatal injuries.

"The Homicide and Major Enquiry Team would like to speak to anyone who saw or has information or CCTV footage about an incident on Wakefield Road Normanton at about 11.20pm on Wednesday 14 April.

"It took place after a black Honda Civic, which was heading North, collided with a push bike and then left the scene.

"Emergency services attended and found the rider, a man in his 30s, who had suffered fatal injuries.

"The Honda Civic was located abandoned a short time later. Two men were later arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and are in police custody.

"A number of road closures were put in place at the scene."

DCI Helen Steele and Major Enquiry Team, said: "Enquiries are ongoing this morning into what has clearly been a very serious collision in Normanton which has resulted in a man losing his life.

"The car involved failed to stop at the scene and two arrests have now been made in connection with the collision.

"We are appealing for anyone who has any information about the collision, footage of it, or who saw the bike or car in the moments leading up to the crash to contact us."

Information can be given to HMET on 101 referencing log 2038 of April 13, or online at www.westyorkshire.police.uk/101livechat

It can also be given in complete anonymity to the independent Crimestoppers charity on 08000 555 111.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/two-arrested-police-find-cyclist-23689245

Re: Two arrested as police find cyclist dead

<jbqubcFnngiU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8333&group=uk.rec.cycling#8333

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Two arrested as police find cyclist dead
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 16:53:16 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 15:53 UTC

> A man in this 30's has suffered fatal injuries following a serious accident involving a bike and a car.
> Police have closed Wakefield Road in Normanton for accident investigation work from Church Lane to Mill Hill following a serious accident where a black Honda Civic fled the scene.
> The car failed to stop after colliding with the cyclist. Emergency services found the rider who suffered fatal injuries - they located the abandoned Honda Civic a short time later.
> Two men have been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
> A West Yorkshire Police spokesman said: "Police are appealing for witnesses following a fail to stop collision incident in Normanton which left a cyclist with fatal injuries.
> "The Homicide and Major Enquiry Team would like to speak to anyone who saw or has information or CCTV footage about an incident on Wakefield Road Normanton at about 11.20pm on Wednesday 14 April.

What year was this?

Today is Thursday 14th April 2022.

The last time that 14th April was a Wednesday was a whole year ago.

> "It took place after a black Honda Civic, which was heading North, collided with a push bike and then left the scene.
> "Emergency services attended and found the rider, a man in his 30s, who had suffered fatal injuries.
> "The Honda Civic was located abandoned a short time later. Two men were later arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and are in police custody.
> "A number of road closures were put in place at the scene."
> DCI Helen Steele and Major Enquiry Team, said: "Enquiries are ongoing this morning into what has clearly been a very serious collision in Normanton which has resulted in a man losing his life.
> "The car involved failed to stop at the scene and two arrests have now been made in connection with the collision.
> "We are appealing for anyone who has any information about the collision, footage of it, or who saw the bike or car in the moments leading up to the crash to contact us."
> Information can be given to HMET on 101 referencing log 2038 of April 13, or online at www.westyorkshire.police.uk/101livechat
> It can also be given in complete anonymity to the independent Crimestoppers charity on 08000 555 111.

> https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/two-arrested-police-find-cyclist-23689245

Re: Two arrested as police find cyclist dead

<82bd38bc-d8ee-435f-9ee8-dabcea691261n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8335&group=uk.rec.cycling#8335

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 08:59:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 15:59 UTC

QUOTE:
"death by dangerous driving" ENDS

What's the betting that Mr Arsehole will try and get it changed to a charge of careless driving?
It's a racing certainty.

Re: Two arrested as police find cyclist dead

<jbsp0uF3s24U2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8352&group=uk.rec.cycling#8352

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 08:34:41 +0000
 by: Spike - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 08:34 UTC

On 14/04/2022 15:53, JNugent wrote:
> On 14/04/2022 04:46 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> A man in this 30's has suffered fatal injuries following a serious accident involving a bike and a car.

>> "The Homicide and Major Enquiry Team would like to speak to anyone who saw or has information or CCTV footage about an incident on Wakefield Road Normanton at about 11.20pm on Wednesday 14 April.

> What year was this?

> Today is Thursday 14th April 2022.

Please don't ask awkward questions!

--
Spike

Re: Two arrested as police find cyclist dead

<jbsp1dF3s24U3@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8353&group=uk.rec.cycling#8353

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 08:34:56 +0000

On 14/04/2022 15:59, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> QUOTE:
> "death by dangerous driving" ENDS

> What's the betting that Mr Arsehole will try and get it changed to a charge of careless driving?
> It's a racing certainty.

Why is it so much comment in the cycling world revolves around rectums
and faeces?

Were these people abused as children?

--
Spike

Re: Two arrested as police find cyclist dead

<1b86462b-c429-4376-98eb-8bbddd0fd5e0n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8356&group=uk.rec.cycling#8356

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 03:04:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 10:04 UTC

On Thursday, April 14, 2022 at 4:59:20 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> QUOTE:
> "death by dangerous driving" ENDS
>
> What's the betting that Mr Arsehole will try and get it changed to a charge of careless driving?
> It's a racing certainty.

The only problem for the scum driver is that he couldn't afford Mr Arsehole's fees.
Oh dear - never mind.

Re: Two arrested as police find cyclist dead

<jbtcvgF7jm7U2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8369&group=uk.rec.cycling#8369

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 15:15:13 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 14:15 UTC

On 15/04/2022 09:34 am, Spike wrote:

> On 14/04/2022 15:59, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> QUOTE:
>> "death by dangerous driving" ENDS

>> What's the betting that Mr Arsehole will try and get it changed to a charge of careless driving?
>> It's a racing certainty.

> Why is it so much comment in the cycling world revolves around rectums
> and faeces?

Is this part of the answer?

<https://ibb.co/TBZzbNc>

Re: Two arrested as police find cyclist dead

<4d8323a8-c8c7-4964-abf0-8530bc0bb2ean@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8373&group=uk.rec.cycling#8373

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 09:04:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 16:04 UTC

On Thursday, April 14, 2022 at 4:46:49 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> "The Homicide and Major Enquiry Team would like to speak to anyone who saw or has information or CCTV footage about an incident on Wakefield Road Normanton at about 11.20pm on Wednesday 14 April.

QUOTE: Homicide and Major Enquiry Team ENDS

Glad that they are using the proper term for an illegal killing for a change.