From: mys...@prune.org.uk (Peter)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Costa Geriatrica
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2022 17:47:40 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Peter - Sat, 26 Mar 2022 17:47 UTC

SWMBO and I've just enjoyed a very pleasant few days in that Bournemouth. I
always though of it as a place for old farts and expected to fit right in,
but apparently not so. There were a fair few folks afrolic on the foreshore
and the median age was about a thirrd of ours. The weather was unseasonably
kind, TAAAW.

--
Peter
-----

Re: Costa Geriatrica

<slrnt3umgk.s8j.bap@localhost.localdomain>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8343&group=uk.rec.sheds#8343

From: bap...@shrdlu.com (Bernard Peek)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: Costa Geriatrica
Date: 26 Mar 2022 18:23:16 GMT
 by: Bernard Peek - Sat, 26 Mar 2022 18:23 UTC

On 2022-03-26, Peter <myshed@prune.org.uk> wrote:
> SWMBO and I've just enjoyed a very pleasant few days in that Bournemouth. I
> always though of it as a place for old farts and expected to fit right in,
> but apparently not so. There were a fair few folks afrolic on the foreshore
> and the median age was about a thirrd of ours. The weather was unseasonably
> kind, TAAAW.

We'll be there next week. When the weather will be unseasonably unkind.

--
Bernard Peek
bap@shrdlu.com

Re: Costa Geriatrica

<ja9e4gF7ej9U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8348&group=uk.rec.sheds#8348

From: johnwill...@btinternet.com (John Williamson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2022 21:16:00 +0000
 by: John Williamson - Sat, 26 Mar 2022 21:16 UTC

On 26/03/2022 17:47, Peter wrote:
> SWMBO and I've just enjoyed a very pleasant few days in that Bournemouth. I
> always though of it as a place for old farts and expected to fit right in,
> but apparently not so. There were a fair few folks afrolic on the foreshore
> and the median age was about a thirrd of ours. The weather was unseasonably
> kind, TAAAW.

Bournemouth has a weird age distribution. Lots of wrinklies, lots of
stoodints, and not much in between. There are a *lot* of language
schools there, or so it seemed last time I was there.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.