The alarm clock that is louder than God's own belongs to the roommate with the earliest class.

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Re: OT: Another complaint about bills

SubjectAuthor
* OT: Another complaint about billsJenny M Benson
+- OT: Another complaint about billsJ. P. Gilliver (John)
+- OT: Another complaint about billsMike McMillan
+* OT: Another complaint about billskrw

Pages:12
Re: OT: Another complaint about bills

<t5qtm2$lce$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8243&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8243

From: krw...@whitnet.uk (krw)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: OT: Another complaint about bills
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 14:02:59 +0100
 by: krw - Sun, 15 May 2022 13:02 UTC

On 15.5.22 10:08, Jenny M Benson wrote:
> On 14/05/2022 23:04, krw wrote:
>>
>> Whilst Turnpike of blessed memory had an ROT-13 thingy built in I
>> don't think that Thunderbird does.
>
> Thanks, K Richard!  I was thinking TB used to have a ROT-13 decoder and
> was going to ask if I'd imagined it, but I used to be a Turnpike user,
> so that will be where I remember it from.

That was how my thinking started. I thought it must be there somewhere.
Oh no it isn't.

I was a fairly late abandoner of Turnpike - but I think it was Win 10 64
bit and alleged incompatibility although I believe some people made it work.

--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk

Re: OT: Another complaint about bills

<t5qujb$t11$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8246&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8246

From: new...@theholefamily.org (Philip Hole)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 14:18:34 +0100
 by: Philip Hole - Sun, 15 May 2022 13:18 UTC

On 15/05/2022 10:08, Jenny M Benson wrote:
> On 14/05/2022 23:04, krw wrote:
>>
>> Whilst Turnpike of blessed memory had an ROT-13 thingy built in I
>> don't think that Thunderbird does.
>
> Thanks, K Richard!  I was thinking TB used to have a ROT-13 decoder and
> was going to ask if I'd imagined it, but I used to be a Turnpike user,
> so that will be where I remember it from.

Thunderbird does not.
But Firefox does :-)
[I think]
There is an extension 'rott 13' but Mozilla may not allow it.
Have not tried it as I have no interest in it.
--
Flop

Re: OT: Another complaint about bills

<27rdJcwDAQgiFw2p@a.a>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8247&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8247

From: G6J...@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver (John))
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 14:28:35 +0100
 by: J. P. Gilliver (John - Sun, 15 May 2022 13:28 UTC

On Sun, 15 May 2022 at 10:00:41, Mike McMillan
<toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> wrote (my responses usually FOLLOW):
[]
>> I DO wish to be paperless wherever possible as this is the
>> environmentally friendly way to do things - especially here in Wales
>> where they send everything in duplicate. Why on earth it's beyond them
>> to ask (once) "Welsh or English?" and then press a button on the
>> computer to activate the appropriate version of the document I do not know.

Two separate envelopes (and presumably thus postage), or in a common
one?

The suggestion anotherrat made of just asking them might be worth a try

>Ah but, Jenny; doing this requires one using a brain cell or two….

Trying to get companies to actually do something that requires
programming effort is, I'm afraid, a lost cause. On a similar vein, my
monthly credit card bill is on two sheets - but I don't think more than
once or twice in the last five or more years has that been because there
have been enough actual lines on it to force that; what flows onto the
second page is the standard text ("If you do not pay", Estimated
interest, Dispute resolution, etc.); I've sometimes thought of telling
them only to include that if it _changes_ (which it hasn't for years),
so as to save paper. I haven't so far, because I don't think I'd get
anywhere, any trying to communicate with other than a preprogrammed
droid at _any_ company is pretty hopeless.

Another example - I have two lots of shares in MessyBeast; they're the
same sort of shares (ordinary ones I think), and the reason for them
being separate expired many years ago. I did suggest they combine them,
but their response was that they'd only do so if I transferred them into
"shareport", which I don't want to do. So they continue to send me two
lots - in separate envelopes - of everything: statement, invitation to
AGM, and so on.

Some may say I should go paperless anyway. But I want to keep paper
records (for CC bill, I draw a line down it as I check off the payments
against receipts I've kept, but for other reasons too).

[I wonder in how many cases, people who receive electronic bills and
similar, print them off anyway? :-)]

Q. How much is 2 + 2?
A. Thank you so much for asking your question.
Are you still having this problem? I'll be delighted to help you. Please
restate the problem twice and include your Windows version along with
all error logs.
- Mayayana in alt.windows7.general, 2018-11-1

Re: OT: Another complaint about bills

<jech00FcputU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8249&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8249

From: NemoN...@hotmail.co.uk (Jenny M Benson)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 15:28:14 +0100
 by: Jenny M Benson - Sun, 15 May 2022 14:28 UTC

On 15/05/2022 14:28, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
> Two separate envelopes (and presumably thus postage), or in a common one?

One envelope but it varies whether it's separate sheets of paper for
Welsh and English or everything jumbled togetter. The latter system
makes it quite difficult to read either version - which is perhaps the
intent.

It's all gone into the recycling now and I can't remember how many
sheets there were, but Hafren Dyfrdwy are the worst - a really thick
package which turns out to be a page for the bill, a page for payment
forms, a page with pie charts, a page with ... oh, I forget what they
all are, but there are loads of them. ]

In a similar vein, road signage really annoys my sister, who is a
driver. There is no distinction in the font used and no standard for
Welsh then English or English then Welsh, so very often you've gone past
the sign before you've managed to find the English version and read it.
Then there are the placename signs, which again do not differentiate
by font and *usually* have both languages, but not always so you can
never be quite sure - if you don't already know - whether Northop and
Llaneurgain are the same place. On the same large sign are pointers to
Flint & Fflint and to Conwy. Why not Conway & Conway or just Fflint and
Conwy? Shirley if people can fathom out that Conwy is the same place
they might know as Conway, Fflint is going to be the same place they
know as Flint. That one niggles me every time.

--
Jenny M Benson
Wrexham, UK

Re: OT: Another complaint about bills

<jechccFcrk2U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8250&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8250

From: NemoN...@hotmail.co.uk (Jenny M Benson)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 15:34:50 +0100
 by: Jenny M Benson - Sun, 15 May 2022 14:34 UTC

On 15/05/2022 12:36, Nick Odell wrote:
> It's about companies that want all their customers to go paperless but
> then expect to receive genuine paper documents for identification
> purposes.

The most farcical thing I've come across there is the instruction from
my Health Authority to go for my booster vac which said something along
the lines of "take identification, for example passport, driving licence
or a utility bill IF YOU HAVE IT." (The caps are mine.) I didn't have
the first 2 and could have taken my water bill, but thought the letter
on which I was reading this would do just as well.

In the event I was not asked for any identification other than to state
my name, date of birth and time of appointment - which experience told
me was just what to expect.

--
Jenny M Benson
Wrexham, UK

Re: OT: Another complaint about bills

<ihf28h9971lbkjs11m58ctqeiqrdfanie5@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8255&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8255

From: spa...@labyrinth.freeuk.com (Penny)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 19:06:31 +0100
 by: Penny - Sun, 15 May 2022 18:06 UTC

On Sun, 15 May 2022 15:28:14 +0100, Jenny M Benson <NemoNews@hotmail.co.uk>
scrawled in the dust...

>On 15/05/2022 14:28, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
>> Two separate envelopes (and presumably thus postage), or in a common one?
>
>One envelope but it varies whether it's separate sheets of paper for
>Welsh and English or everything jumbled togetter. The latter system
>makes it quite difficult to read either version - which is perhaps the
>intent.
>
>It's all gone into the recycling now and I can't remember how many
>sheets there were, but Hafren Dyfrdwy are the worst - a really thick
>package which turns out to be a page for the bill, a page for payment
>forms, a page with pie charts, a page with ... oh, I forget what they
>all are, but there are loads of them. ]

Well these things are much easier to cope with if you go paperless. I think
it was Hafren Dyfrdwy I asked for just English.

Scottish Power were my energy supplier when we moved here and there billing
was horribly confusing because the Welsh and English were on the same page
and almost impossible to disentangle. They did eventually change to
separate sheets so I could just recycle the Welsh version.

>In a similar vein, road signage really annoys my sister, who is a
>driver. There is no distinction in the font used and no standard for
>Welsh then English or English then Welsh, so very often you've gone past
>the sign before you've managed to find the English version and read it.
> Then there are the placename signs, which again do not differentiate
>by font and *usually* have both languages, but not always so you can
>never be quite sure - if you don't already know - whether Northop and
>Llaneurgain are the same place. On the same large sign are pointers to
>Flint & Fflint and to Conwy. Why not Conway & Conway or just Fflint and
>Conwy? Shirley if people can fathom out that Conwy is the same place
>they might know as Conway, Fflint is going to be the same place they
>know as Flint. That one niggles me every time.

I agree with you and your sister on the road signs. Particularly those
showing details/dates of road works and closures. Never enough time to
figure out what they say as you drive by. I do wonder if 1st language Welsh
drivers are tested on English road signs, and if their Welsh driving
licence is valid in other parts of the UK...

--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959

Re: OT: Another complaint about bills

<ZBcgK.105653$F4h.94835@fx07.ams1>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8260&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8260

Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 20:35:22 +0100
 by: Sam Plusnet - Sun, 15 May 2022 19:35 UTC

On 14-May-22 23:04, krw wrote:
> On 14.5.22 21:21, Nick Odell wrote:
>> gbgnyyl shpxrq
>
> Whilst Turnpike of blessed memory had an ROT-13 thingy built in I don't
> think that Thunderbird does.

True. Gravity would ROT/unROT on request, but now I fall back on:

https://rot13.com

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: OT: Another complaint about bills

<2VcgK.452630$2OB.250013@fx09.ams1>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8262&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8262

Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 20:55:43 +0100
 by: Sam Plusnet - Sun, 15 May 2022 19:55 UTC

On 15-May-22 10:17, Jenny M Benson wrote:
> I DO wish to be paperless wherever possible as this is the
> environmentally friendly way to do things - especially here in Wales
> where they send everything in duplicate.

<Swerving grumble>
Ah yes duplicates.
There are a few firms which we only ever deal with on-line.

Despite this, they _will_ keep on sending me, at what seems like monthly
intervals, catalogues & other marketing stuff in the post[1].

They also send exactly the same stuff to Wofe.

It's routine to get two identical (but pointless) bits of recycling
through the letter box - differing only in the honorific and Initial
used in the address.

There is no-one working for these companies who can point out that this
is wasting lots of their money. After all, if they do this to us, there
must be many other households with the same recycling mountain.

[1] Where I have tried, they ignore requests to stop.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: OT: Another complaint about bills

<t5rut3$hmj$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8266&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8266

From: joe_k...@cheerful.com (Joe Kerr)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 23:29:55 +0100
 by: Joe Kerr - Sun, 15 May 2022 22:29 UTC

On 15/05/2022 20:55, Sam Plusnet wrote:
> On 15-May-22 10:17, Jenny M Benson wrote:
>> I DO wish to be paperless wherever possible as this is the
>> environmentally friendly way to do things - especially here in Wales
>> where they send everything in duplicate.
>
> <Swerving grumble>
> Ah yes duplicates.
> There are a few firms which we only ever deal with on-line.
>
> Despite this, they _will_ keep on sending me, at what seems like monthly
> intervals, catalogues & other marketing stuff in the post[1].
>
> They also send exactly the same stuff to Wofe.
>
> It's routine to get two identical (but pointless) bits of recycling
> through the letter box - differing only in the honorific and Initial
> used in the address.
>
> There is no-one working for these companies who can point out that this
> is wasting lots of their money.  After all, if they do this to us, there
> must be many other households with the same recycling mountain.
>
> [1] Where I have tried, they ignore requests to stop.

You could try dropping it back in the post marked Return to sender: Not
known, but they might take you off the email list (if you are on one) or
add you back next time you order.

--
Ric

Re: OT: Another complaint about bills

<%jxgK.12536$pqKf.7073@fx12.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8291&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8291

Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 20:09:46 +0100
 by: Sam Plusnet - Mon, 16 May 2022 19:09 UTC

On 15-May-22 23:29, Joe Kerr wrote:
> On 15/05/2022 20:55, Sam Plusnet wrote:

>> There are a few firms which we only ever deal with on-line.
>>
>> Despite this, they _will_ keep on sending me, at what seems like
>> monthly intervals, catalogues & other marketing stuff in the post[1].

> You could try dropping it back in the post marked Return to sender: Not
> known, but they might take you off the email list (if you are on one) or
> add you back next time you order.

I (usually) don't mind the emails, since I can either read or delete
without causing unnecessary waste.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: OT: Another complaint about bills

<t64sbr$1pj5$2@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8346&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8346

From: linda...@ntlworld.com (Linda Fox)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 07:41:47 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Linda Fox - Thu, 19 May 2022 07:41 UTC

krw <krw@whitnet.uk> wrote:
> On 14.5.22 21:21, Nick Odell wrote:
>> gbgnyyl shpxrq
>
> Whilst Turnpike of blessed memory had an ROT-13 thingy built in I don't
> think that Thunderbird does.

Easy enough to translate in your head, though.

--
Yvaqn Sbk

Re: OT: Another complaint about bills

<t64tml$air$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8348&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8348

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 08:04:37 -0000 (UTC)
sha1://PHOSHkxS8yGGY1dDB00FK6hSw=
 by: Mike McMillan - Thu, 19 May 2022 08:04 UTC

Linda Fox <linda.ff@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> krw <krw@whitnet.uk> wrote:
>> On 14.5.22 21:21, Nick Odell wrote:
>>> gbgnyyl shpxrq
>>
>> Whilst Turnpike of blessed memory had an ROT-13 thingy built in I don't
>> think that Thunderbird does.
>>

> Easy enough to translate in your head, though.

Sbk? I use that to kill brushwood!

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: OT: Another complaint about bills

<t64tpk$cag$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8349&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8349

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 08:06:12 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:8tIdd6ppKtN/FrnP17N4Qdd6rKk=
 by: Mike McMillan - Thu, 19 May 2022 08:06 UTC

Mike McMillan <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> wrote:
> Linda Fox <linda.ff@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>> krw <krw@whitnet.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> Whilst Turnpike of blessed memory had an ROT-13 thingy built in I don't
>>> think that Thunderbird does.
>>>

>> Easy enough to translate in your head, though.
>>

> Sbk? I use that to kill brushwood!

Sorry, forgot that sig line is deleted Linda signed off: Yvaqn Sbk

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: OT: Another complaint about bills

<i9yhK.48266$tX09.44820@fx10.ams1>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8371&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8371

Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 21:55:42 +0100
 by: Sam Plusnet - Thu, 19 May 2022 20:55 UTC

On 19-May-22 8:41, Linda Fox wrote:
> krw <krw@whitnet.uk> wrote:
>> On 14.5.22 21:21, Nick Odell wrote:
>>> gbgnyyl shpxrq
>>
>> Whilst Turnpike of blessed memory had an ROT-13 thingy built in I don't
>> think that Thunderbird does.
>>

> Easy enough to translate in your head, though.

Your head may vary (Mine certainly does).

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: OT: Another complaint about bills

<nnd$6d01d530$63e6cfd0@3d8c96e251e937ea>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8374&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8374

Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 00:23:05 +0200
From: burrynul...@ppllaanneett.nnll (Sjouke Burry)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
 by: Sjouke Burry - Thu, 19 May 2022 22:23 UTC

On 19.05.22 22:55, Sam Plusnet wrote:
> On 19-May-22 8:41, Linda Fox wrote:
>> krw <krw@whitnet.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> Whilst Turnpike of blessed memory had an ROT-13 thingy built in I don't
>>> think that Thunderbird does.
>>>

>> Easy enough to translate in your head, though.
>>

> Your head may vary (Mine certainly does).

Mnenhy für Thunderbird, does a nice convrtsion.

Re: OT: Another complaint about bills

<XRRhK.235235$sMg.157750@fx06.ams1>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8388&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8388

Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 20:20:23 +0100
 by: Sam Plusnet - Fri, 20 May 2022 19:20 UTC

On 19-May-22 23:23, Sjouke Burry wrote:
> On 19.05.22 22:55, Sam Plusnet wrote:

>>> Easy enough to translate in your head, though.
>>>

>> Your head may vary (Mine certainly does).
>>
> Mnenhy für Thunderbird, does a nice convrtsion.

Does that still work in Thunderbird?
Leet key used to do the job, but at some point (a while back) a
Thunderbird update broke it.
As far as I know, Mnenhy predates Leet key.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: OT: Another complaint about bills

<nnd$1b5224d5$6e857c47@3543fd2c295cf864>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8389&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8389

Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 01:31:59 +0200
From: burrynul...@ppllaanneett.nnll (Sjouke Burry)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
References: <je9nh1FqvrnU1@mid.individual.net> <t5of0q$anf$1@gioia.aioe.org> <p8mv7h12e2uoo60ll5s4nos9mlkiciqq92@4ax.com> <t5omka$mko$1@dont-email.me> <qZTfK.44154$qMI1.17392@fx96.iad> <nh308hp7v2v4ia2oqt3c24bcahph4oee9l@4ax.com> <t5p921$1osp$1@gioia.aioe.org> <t64sbr$1pj5$2@gioia.aioe.org> <i9yhK.48266$tX09.44820@fx10.ams1> <nnd$6d01d530$63e6cfd0@3d8c96e251e937ea> <XRRhK.235235$sMg.157750@fx06.ams1>
 by: Sjouke Burry - Fri, 20 May 2022 23:31 UTC

On 20.05.22 21:20, Sam Plusnet wrote:
> On 19-May-22 23:23, Sjouke Burry wrote:

>>> Your head may vary (Mine certainly does).
>>>
>> Mnenhy für Thunderbird, does a nice convrtsion.
>
> Does that still work in Thunderbird?
> Leet key used to do the job, but at some point (a while back) a
> Thunderbird update broke it.
> As far as I know, Mnenhy predates Leet key.

Dont know .
Works in TB ESR 17.0.11............

Re: OT: Another complaint about bills

<seXhK.5662$GTEb.4201@fx48.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8391&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8391

Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 02:27:52 +0100
 by: Sam Plusnet - Sat, 21 May 2022 01:27 UTC

On 21-May-22 0:31, Sjouke Burry wrote:
> On 20.05.22 21:20, Sam Plusnet wrote:

>>> Mnenhy für Thunderbird, does a nice convrtsion.
>>
>> Does that still work in Thunderbird?
>> Leet key used to do the job, but at some point (a while back) a
>> Thunderbird update broke it.
>> As far as I know, Mnenhy predates Leet key.
>>
> Dont know .
> Works in TB ESR 17.0.11............

Ah! TB 91.9.1 64-bit here

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: OT: Another complaint about bills

<t6af8s$t3i$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8394&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8394

From: krw...@whitnet.uk (krw)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 11:35:08 +0100
 by: krw - Sat, 21 May 2022 10:35 UTC

On 21.5.22 02:27, Sam Plusnet wrote:
> On 21-May-22 0:31, Sjouke Burry wrote:

>>> Does that still work in Thunderbird?
>>> Leet key used to do the job, but at some point (a while back) a
>>> Thunderbird update broke it.
>>> As far as I know, Mnenhy predates Leet key.
>>>
>> Dont know .
>> Works in TB ESR 17.0.11............
>
> Ah! TB 91.9.1 64-bit here

Thunderbird seems to have gone a bit made recently with a daily update
and two this morning to get up to date. Clearly this release was buggy.

--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk

Re: OT: Another complaint about bills

<t6aftb$97u$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8395&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8395

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 10:46:03 -0000 (UTC)
<XRRhK.235235$sMg.157750@fx06.ams1>
<nnd$1b5224d5$6e857c47@3543fd2c295cf864>
<seXhK.5662$GTEb.4201@fx48.iad>
<t6af8s$t3i$1@gioia.aioe.org>
sha1:awTyC6KxkomqWNy+XrO32K7mvIY=
 by: Mike McMillan - Sat, 21 May 2022 10:46 UTC

krw <krw@whitnet.uk> wrote:
> On 21.5.22 02:27, Sam Plusnet wrote:

>>> Dont know .
>>> Works in TB ESR 17.0.11............
>>
>> Ah! TB 91.9.1 64-bit here
>>

> Thunderbird seems to have gone a bit made recently with a daily update
> and two this morning to get up to date. Clearly this release was buggy.

Debuggers have been busy have they?

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: OT: Another complaint about bills

<nnd$2a9548e1$4fd7d598@44ef4d80ec1161e6>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8401&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8401

Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 03:43:30 +0200
From: burrynul...@ppllaanneett.nnll (Sjouke Burry)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
References: <je9nh1FqvrnU1@mid.individual.net> <t5of0q$anf$1@gioia.aioe.org> <p8mv7h12e2uoo60ll5s4nos9mlkiciqq92@4ax.com> <t5omka$mko$1@dont-email.me> <qZTfK.44154$qMI1.17392@fx96.iad> <nh308hp7v2v4ia2oqt3c24bcahph4oee9l@4ax.com> <t5p921$1osp$1@gioia.aioe.org> <t64sbr$1pj5$2@gioia.aioe.org> <i9yhK.48266$tX09.44820@fx10.ams1> <nnd$6d01d530$63e6cfd0@3d8c96e251e937ea> <XRRhK.235235$sMg.157750@fx06.ams1> <nnd$1b5224d5$6e857c47@3543fd2c295cf864>
 by: Sjouke Burry - Sun, 22 May 2022 01:43 UTC

On 21.05.22 1:31, Sjouke Burry wrote:
> On 20.05.22 21:20, Sam Plusnet wrote:

>>> Mnenhy für Thunderbird, does a nice convrtsion.
>>
>> Does that still work in Thunderbird?
>> Leet key used to do the job, but at some point (a while back) a
>> Thunderbird update broke it.
>> As far as I know, Mnenhy predates Leet key.
>>
> Dont know .
> Works in TB ESR 17.0.11............

Oh, if you install NOTEPAD++, that has a rot13
option under textFX options.