From: new...@millhouse-communications.co.uk (Boots)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: Re: OT: FOAK - spam
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 08:05:52 +0800
 by: Boots - Mon, 21 Feb 2022 00:05 UTC

On 21/02/2022 03:59 Pipl penned these words:
> I only use Agent for Usenet.

So which email client do you want to filter? FWIW I send all my email via gmail
their filters are fairly good albeit I have had to whitelist a number that they
insist on incorrectly binning so it takes a while to train. For me anything that
gets past that is normally caught by Thunderbird rule

--
Ian

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of
the last priest"

Re: OT: FOAK - spam

<j7hn99FiniiU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8368&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#8368

From: mik...@tauzero.co.uk (Mike Fleming)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 14:52:24 +0000
 by: Mike Fleming - Mon, 21 Feb 2022 14:52 UTC

On 21/02/2022 00:05, Boots wrote:
> On 21/02/2022 03:59 Pipl penned these words:
>> I only use Agent for Usenet.
>
> So which email client do you want to filter? FWIW I send all my email via gmail
> their filters are fairly good albeit I have had to whitelist a number that they
> insist on incorrectly binning so it takes a while to train. For me anything that
> gets past that is normally caught by Thunderbird rule

When I was using Agent for POP3 email (I know you're not using Agent for
email, but it still applies), I used Mailwasher free edition to filter
email. Whitelisted things like mailing lists and friends, blacklisted
various things to be autodeleted, and the rest then showed up for me to
decide on an action.

Re: OT: FOAK - spam

<j7hnriFiojuU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8372&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#8372

From: chri...@privacy.net (ChrisND @UKRM)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 15:02:10 +0000
 by: ChrisND @UKRM - Mon, 21 Feb 2022 15:02 UTC

On 21/02/2022 14:52, Mike Fleming wrote:
> On 21/02/2022 00:05, Boots wrote:
>> On 21/02/2022 03:59 Pipl penned these words:
>>> I only use Agent for Usenet.
>>
>> So which email client do you want to filter? FWIW I send all my email
>> via gmail
>> their filters are fairly good albeit I have had to whitelist a number
>> that they
>> insist on incorrectly binning so it takes a while to train. For me
>> anything that
>> gets past that is normally caught by Thunderbird rule
>
> When I was using Agent for POP3 email (I know you're not using Agent for
> email, but it still applies), I used Mailwasher free edition to filter
> email. Whitelisted things like mailing lists and friends, blacklisted
> various things to be autodeleted, and the rest then showed up for me to
> decide on an action.

Yes, mailwasher well recommended - I even got a huge percentage off once
for life membership - but sadly won't work for me on linux :-(
However, I still get 'the full android' on my phone :-)

Chris

--
The Deuchars BBB#40 COFF#14
Yamaha XV750SE & Suzuki GS550t