From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: David’s Solar Panels
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 17:56:23 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:QIgAr+6PlgUl4MhaR1nA2tIGya8=
 by: Mike McMillan - Fri, 20 May 2022 17:56 UTC

Knowing how realistic tales of Ambridge aren’t, I expect to hear very soon
that the 120 solar panels that Vince is so generously financing for the
Archers future are installed and working. In Ambridge, Covid hardly
happened and so the ongoing supply chain difficulties and labour shortages
won’t mean that he can’t have his solar system installed until next year or
that the cost has increased considerably.

Contacting my supplier, I understand that the panels I had ordered are not
available at all and that the nearest (new model) that replaces them will
be available at the tail end of this year [maybe] for installation next
year - oh and at a considerable price hike too! We are going for a similar
spec panel from another company and hope for installation in late July -
but of course, David’s system will be up and running well before then! If
the SW’s were being realistic, I think David would be well into next summer
before getting even a milliwatt from the sun. From websites, I gather that
with energy prices competing with Elon Musk’s rockets for altitude, the
demand for Solar PV has increased some ten-fold recently! Long delays in
response times are being apologised for by various companies - so, David,
get to the back of the queue!

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan