From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Non-Event of the Day 749
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 10:43:46 +0000
 by: Spike - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 10:43 UTC

For today's instalment in our regular series we'd rather not have to run
[no-one is forcing you to run it - it's a choice] a dangerous [SIC]
driver appears doesn't appear to grasp [appears doesn't appear?] that
what she did was dangerous and illegal - even stopping to tell the
victim that she'd brought it on herself.

Dr Hanne Bruhn was cycling in Aberdeenshire, and moved out to overtake a
row of parked cars. You'd think the other option would be pretty
ill-advisable [ riding on the footpath?]... however that appeared to go
over the head of a driver who still decided to overtake with inches to
spare while Dr Bruhn was avoiding the obstacles.

Stopping her vehicle, the driver can be heard saying: "You're cycling
all over the road. Cyclists are supposed to be in at the side.

"Yes you are. You're all over the bloody road."

Dr Bruhn tells the driver she is recording the incident. The driver
replies: "I haven't got an issue with that, I haven't done anything."

When asked on Twitter how she was supposed to avoid the parked cars and
stay at 'the side' of the road, Dr Bruhn replied: "I'm a superhero and
can fly".

She also told road.cc it is unlikely she will be involving the police,
saying that her local force "are probably struggling as it is and
usually not much help up here."

<https://road.cc/content/news/nmotd-749-cyclist-all-over-bloody-road-says-driver-291989>

--
Spike