Virtue is not left to stand alone. He who practices it will have neighbors. -- Confucius

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: I filmed one of these scum and they got fined too

SubjectAuthor
* I filmed one of these scum and they got fined tooswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: I filmed one of these scum and they got fined tooJNugent
+* Re: I filmed one of these scum and they got fined tooswldx...@gmail.com
|+* Re: I filmed one of these scum and they got fined tooswldx...@gmail.com
||+- Re: I filmed one of these scum and they got fined tooJNugent
||`- Re: I filmed one of these scum and they got fined tooSpike
|+- Re: I filmed one of these scum and they got fined tooJNugent
|`* Re: I filmed one of these scum and they got fined toosoup
| +* Re: I filmed one of these scum and they got fined tooswldx...@gmail.com
| |`- Re: I filmed one of these scum and they got fined tooJNugent
| +* Re: I filmed one of these scum and they got fined tooswldx...@gmail.com
| |+- Re: I filmed one of these scum and they got fined tooJNugent
| |`- Re: I filmed one of these scum and they got fined tooSpike
| `* Re: I filmed one of these scum and they got fined tooswldx...@gmail.com
|  `- Re: I filmed one of these scum and they got fined tooswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: I filmed one of these scum and they got fined tooswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: I filmed one of these scum and they got fined tooJNugent
`- Re: I filmed one of these scum and they got fined tooswldx...@gmail.com

1
I filmed one of these scum and they got fined too

<80b1de9b-0221-45c7-a92a-fbdb84f2aa79n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8342&group=uk.rec.cycling#8342

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 13:26:14 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: I filmed one of these scum and they got fined too
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 20:26 UTC

In 2011, I was cycling home from work and spotted a car driver lobbing a fag end out of the window just missing my head, so I sent in the footage to KHCC's envirocrime team - they got fined just like this dreadful cow did.

QUOTE:
A woman hit by a £100 fine for dropping a cigarette butt on the ground says the council should concentrate on 'real' problems affecting her estate.

Caroline Dawson from Grimsby said she has always been a law-abiding citizen who has never littered. She claims the fine is too much for something so "petty", and claims North East Lincolnshire Council should be focusing on other areas such as fly-tipping and litter on the Nunsthorpe estate, where she lives.

On Monday, March 21, Ms Dawson was driving her elderly parents' car on Grimsby Road when she threw a cigarette butt out of the window. Several days later, her parents received a form through the post asking who had been driving the car and who was insured to drive it.

Caroline told Grimsby Live: "I don't think there were cameras, I think it must've been someone behind me doing surveillance. It was about 3.30pm and I think I'd come from Aldi on Cleethorpe Road, and I was in my parent's car. They don't smoke, and I don't usually smoke in their car, but I had the one. I wound the window right down and I must've thrown the butt end out of the window and been caught on camera or by a surveillance person behind me.

"I do remember having a cigarette in the car but I was rushing around as I normally am. It's not something I'd usually do because in my partner's car, we use the ashtray. I wouldn't usually do that in their car, so just in that second of me doing that, I was caught.
It happened on March 21

"My mum and dad were worried and they sent the form back to say it was me driving and not them, and now I'm just waiting to hear back. The actual form came from an enforcement place in Doncaster. It happened out of the blue days later.

"I did feel it's my bad luck because I just thought, one little butt end and a £100 fine. What angers me is that I live on the Nunsthorpe, my partner lives on the Nunsthorpe, and there's so many other issues there. It does seem rather petty to get such a hefty fine.

"Considering the state of a lot of streets and areas, not just the Nunsthorpe, the fly-tipping that goes on, I'm sure people do a hell of a lot worse and don't get caught, or it's not pursued. I've always been a law-abiding citizen, I don't throw rubbish or anything like that.
Caroline said she has always been a law-abiding citizen who has never littered

"I suppose if I'd have been flagged down at the time and it was pointed out, and it was something like a £20 or £30 fine on the spot, it would be different. It just seems so hefty.

"I admit the offence was a spur of the moment thing, but I'm angry at all the other offences taking place - bigger offences - that go undetected. While I agree with the deterrent, it's rather excessive when there are so many other issues that aren't being dealt with."

A North East Lincolnshire Council spokesperson said: “Littering is an antisocial and criminal act and will not be tolerated. With 979 litter bins in convenient locations around the borough, you are never far from a bin.

“There is absolutely no excuse to drop litter, including cigarettes, anywhere in North East Lincolnshire and you should ensure your cigarette is fully extinguished before disposing of it.

“People who drop litter make the place look unsightly and it is left for others to clean up after them.

“Enforcement officers routinely patrol the borough and anyone caught littering faces a £150 fine.”
ENDS

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/local-news/womans-fury-over-hefty-petty-6950584

Re: I filmed one of these scum and they got fined too

<jbruo4Ftl06U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8346&group=uk.rec.cycling#8346

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: I filmed one of these scum and they got fined too
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 02:06:11 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 01:06 UTC

> [...]
>
> A North East Lincolnshire Council spokesperson said: “Littering is an antisocial and criminal act and will not be tolerated. With 979 litter bins in convenient locations around the borough, you are never far from a bin.
>
> “There is absolutely no excuse to drop litter, including cigarettes, anywhere in North East Lincolnshire and you should ensure your cigarette is fully extinguished before disposing of it.
>
> “People who drop litter make the place look unsightly and it is left for others to clean up after them.
>
> “Enforcement officers routinely patrol the borough and anyone caught littering faces a £150 fine.”

If that's your reaction to a solitary cigarette end, God only knows what
would be your reaction to a "peloton" of fairy-cyclists defecating in
public on a village green.

And quite right too.

Would "KHCC's envirocrime team" deal with that disgusting offence?

Re: I filmed one of these scum and they got fined too

<2f907fe1-fd82-44b3-ab0e-8591b469a670n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8349&group=uk.rec.cycling#8349

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 00:32:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 07:32 UTC

15 hrs ago

A packet of cigarettes costs £13.60 on average these days, according to Google. If she was that desperate that she smoked in her parents' car, she's probably on a pack a day. Therefore giving up for a week would save £95.20, almost enough to cover the fine.

15 hrs ago

Without knowing, she looks like a smoker. Bad skin, bad condition hair, and all wrinkly. #fagaddict

> https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/local-news/womans-fury-over-hefty-petty-6950584

Re: I filmed one of these scum and they got fined too

<9e433f23-5e80-4f29-bb5c-14cec40f3639n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8360&group=uk.rec.cycling#8360

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 03:27:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 10:27 UTC

Then there was the famous incident where a chav lobbed a lit fag out of his window which I batted back into his lap. Made a right mess of his chinos!

Re: I filmed one of these scum and they got fined too

<jbt66mF68r7U5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8361&group=uk.rec.cycling#8361

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 13:19:35 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 12:19 UTC

On 15/04/2022 08:32 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> 15 hrs ago
>
> A packet of cigarettes costs £13.60 on average these days, according to Google. If she was that desperate that she smoked in her parents' car, she's probably on a pack a day. Therefore giving up for a week would save £95.20, almost enough to cover the fine.
>
> 15 hrs ago
>
> Without knowing, she looks like a smoker. Bad skin, bad condition hair, and all wrinkly. #fagaddict
>
>> https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/local-news/womans-fury-over-hefty-petty-6950584

I am not the slightest bit supportive of smoking or the dubious "rights"
of smokers to contaminate vehicles, buildings, clothing and human
tissue, but the above is going a bit too far, wouldn't you say?

Re: I filmed one of these scum and they got fined too

<jbt67nF68r7U6@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8362&group=uk.rec.cycling#8362

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 13:20:08 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 12:20 UTC

On 15/04/2022 11:27 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> Then there was the famous incident where a chav lobbed a lit fag out of his window which I batted back into his lap. Made a right mess of his chinos!

You seem very proud of that incident of criminal damage.

Re: I filmed one of these scum and they got fined too

<t3bq90$it0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8365&group=uk.rec.cycling#8365

From: inva...@invalid.com (soup)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 14:00:17 +0100
 by: soup - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 13:00 UTC

On 15/04/2022 08:32, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> 15 hrs ago
>
> A packet of cigarettes costs £13.60 on average these days, according to Google. If she was that desperate that she smoked in her parents' car, she's probably on a pack a day. Therefore giving up for a week would save £95.20, almost enough to cover the fine.
>
> 15 hrs ago
>
> Without knowing, she looks like a smoker. Bad skin, bad condition hair, and all wrinkly. #fagaddict
>
>> https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/local-news/womans-fury-over-hefty-petty-6950584

No reply to public defecation noted.

Re: I filmed one of these scum and they got fined too

<290be442-e2cf-4268-8f6f-912387f980ben@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8366&group=uk.rec.cycling#8366

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 06:17:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 13:17 UTC

On Friday, April 15, 2022 at 2:00:18 PM UTC+1, soup wrote:
> On 15/04/2022 08:32, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> >
> > 15 hrs ago
> >
> > A packet of cigarettes costs £13.60 on average these days, according to Google. If she was that desperate that she smoked in her parents' car, she's probably on a pack a day. Therefore giving up for a week would save £95.20, almost enough to cover the fine.
> >
> > 15 hrs ago
> >
> > Without knowing, she looks like a smoker. Bad skin, bad condition hair, and all wrinkly. #fagaddict
> >
> >> https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/local-news/womans-fury-over-hefty-petty-6950584
> No reply to public defecation noted.

It wasn't "public" - she defecated in her own pants in her own car!

QUOTE: Uncontrollable defecation blamed by US driver who swerved into bike lane and killed two cyclists. A driver who crashed into two cyclists in Utah, killing both, told police the fatal collision happened after she swerved because she was uncontrollably defecating.

Julie Ann Budge has been arrested and booked into Washington County Jail on two counts of automobile homicide and two counts of driving under the influence with serious bodily injury. ENDS

https://road.cc/content/news/us-driver-blames-fatal-collision-irritable-bowels-291843

Re: I filmed one of these scum and they got fined too

<jbtcshF7jm7U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8368&group=uk.rec.cycling#8368

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 15:13:37 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 14:13 UTC

> On Friday, April 15, 2022 at 2:00:18 PM UTC+1, soup wrote:
>> On 15/04/2022 08:32, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> A packet of cigarettes costs £13.60 on average these days, according to Google. If she was that desperate that she smoked in her parents' car, she's probably on a pack a day. Therefore giving up for a week would save £95.20, almost enough to cover the fine.

>>> Without knowing, she looks like a smoker. Bad skin, bad condition hair, and all wrinkly. #fagaddict

>> No reply to public defecation noted.

> It wasn't "public" - she defecated in her own pants in her own car!

The PP referred to public defecation, not private involuntary defecation.

It's reasonably certain he meant this sort of thing:

<https://ibb.co/TBZzbNc>

Then there's:

<https://www.reddit.com/r/cycling/comments/3fot2h/it_was_so_embarrassing_i_pooped_my_pants_rcycling/>

<https://ilovebicycling.com/how-do-cyclists-poop-during-a-race/>

Re: I filmed one of these scum and they got fined too

<075c29c8-2c76-4434-9814-57e3a0007ec4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8372&group=uk.rec.cycling#8372

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 09:00:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 16:00 UTC

On Friday, April 15, 2022 at 2:00:18 PM UTC+1, soup wrote:
> On 15/04/2022 08:32, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> >
> > 15 hrs ago
> >
> > A packet of cigarettes costs £13.60 on average these days, according to Google. If she was that desperate that she smoked in her parents' car, she's probably on a pack a day. Therefore giving up for a week would save £95.20, almost enough to cover the fine.
> >
> > 15 hrs ago
> >
> > Without knowing, she looks like a smoker. Bad skin, bad condition hair, and all wrinkly. #fagaddict
> >
> >> https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/local-news/womans-fury-over-hefty-petty-6950584
> No reply to public defecation noted.

The only other one I know about is this one where a lorry driver left his mess on the M20 Brexit car park that a visiting Tory MP trod in. :-)

QUOTE:
Huw Merriman MP steps in poo in Kent layby on Brexit lorry trip.

IT'S a tough life being an MP. At least it was for the chairman of the Select Committee on Transport, Huw Merriman.

On what is referred to as a fact-finding mission to assess the lack of parking provision for lorries in Kent, the minibus in which MPs were travelling pulled into a lay-by.

As he stepped off the minibus he found what he thought to be terra firma but was actually human excrement.

Oh well, at least he can claim to have first-hand knowledge of the problems associated with the lack of proper parks for hauliers.

Dover TAP has been deployed 13 times this month after new Brexit regulations came in, leading to queues that could be seen from space.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dover/news/minister-steps-in-human-poo-in-layby-on-brexit-trip-to-kent-261522/

Re: I filmed one of these scum and they got fined too

<jbtk3lF8v44U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8375&group=uk.rec.cycling#8375

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 17:16:54 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 16:16 UTC

> On Friday, April 15, 2022 at 2:00:18 PM UTC+1, soup wrote:
>> On 15/04/2022 08:32, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>>> A packet of cigarettes costs £13.60 on average these days, according to Google. If she was that desperate that she smoked in her parents' car, she's probably on a pack a day. Therefore giving up for a week would save £95.20, almost enough to cover the fine.
>
>>> Without knowing, she looks like a smoker. Bad skin, bad condition hair, and all wrinkly. #fagaddict

>> No reply to public defecation noted.

> The only other one I know about is this one where a lorry driver left his mess...

Absolute rubbish!

You are *well* *aware* of the many complaints about fairy-cyclists
defecating on village greens whilst involved in some sort of illegal
race on the public highway.

Then there's this delightful fairy-cyclist:

<https://ibb.co/TBZzbNc>

Re: I filmed one of these scum and they got fined too

<75ecd511-2d69-439a-bba8-f33a948d2c47n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8376&group=uk.rec.cycling#8376

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 09:21:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 16:21 UTC

1 day ago

U admit that your a law abiding citizen who doesnt litter or break the law but u did litter and you have admitted that you have smoked in your parents car which you don't normally do but u have pay the fine and stop moaning

1 day ago

No sympathy at all. Have you seen the amount I’d tab ends dropped by selfish smokers. There should be more enforcers out watching litter louts and fining them all. edited

1 day ago

Any form of litter is unacceptable and looks unsightly. But this just goes to show that smoking is bad for you. It harms your health, it harms the health of those around you who passive smoke, and it harms your pocket.

Best to stop smoking.

The fine is a deterrent. My nan was also fined. Now she is more careful.

Buying contraband cigarettes because they are cheaper than legal cigarettes also helps to fund organised crime that is linked to a massive amount of human suffering. So, if you buy contraband cigarettes, your selfish and disgusting habit is causing harm to others!

1 day ago

Clean up after yourself who wants to clean you your dirty cigarette ends

Re: I filmed one of these scum and they got fined too

<jbtkrmF93r9U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8377&group=uk.rec.cycling#8377

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 17:29:43 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 16:29 UTC

> 1 day ago
>
> U admit that your a law abiding citizen who doesnt litter or break the law but u did litter and you have admitted that you have smoked in your parents car which you don't normally do but u have pay the fine and stop moaning
>
> 1 day ago
>
> No sympathy at all. Have you seen the amount I’d tab ends dropped by selfish smokers. There should be more enforcers out watching litter louts and fining them all. edited
>
> 1 day ago
>
> Any form of litter is unacceptable and looks unsightly. But this just goes to show that smoking is bad for you. It harms your health, it harms the health of those around you who passive smoke, and it harms your pocket.
>
> Best to stop smoking.
>
> The fine is a deterrent. My nan was also fined. Now she is more careful.
>
> Buying contraband cigarettes because they are cheaper than legal cigarettes also helps to fund organised crime that is linked to a massive amount of human suffering. So, if you buy contraband cigarettes, your selfish and disgusting habit is causing harm to others!
>
> 1 day ago
>
> Clean up after yourself who wants to clean you your dirty cigarette ends

For once - and only once - Mason posts (re-posts) some more or less
sensible material, even if some of it is expressed in intemperate
language (plus a little in childish txt-spk).

Not much to do with fairy-cycling, though.

Re: I filmed one of these scum and they got fined too

<88d700a1-5269-40c7-9995-f74a01ffcff0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8378&group=uk.rec.cycling#8378

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 09:38:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 16:38 UTC

1 day ago

She's obviously trying to spin the issue. Stop moaning and pay the fine. You have been caught out. IT IS YOUR FAILURE not the Councils.

1 day ago

Get a efag there more breathtaking and you don.t throw away ..silly Billy

1 day ago

Who’s the butt of the joke now tab weasel? 😆

1 day ago

Trampy

1 day ago

It's littering. It may just be a tab end but this won't be the first time she's done it. Imagine if everyone in the country dropped a tab end at the same time, it would be a mess (not saying it isn't already)

QUITE.

Re: I filmed one of these scum and they got fined too

<jbvbf1FiuciU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8391&group=uk.rec.cycling#8391

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 08:01:41 +0000
 by: Spike - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 08:01 UTC

On 15/04/2022 10:27, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> Then there was the famous incident where a chav lobbed a lit fag out of his window which I batted back into his lap. Made a right mess of his chinos!

In the eyes of the law, retaliation such as that is viewed as a worse
crime than the original offence.

--
Spike

Re: I filmed one of these scum and they got fined too

<jbvdtdFjfa6U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8395&group=uk.rec.cycling#8395

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 08:43:28 +0000
 by: Spike - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 08:43 UTC

On 15/04/2022 16:00, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> Huw Merriman MP steps in poo in Kent layby on Brexit lorry trip.

It could have been worse - he could have trodden in multiple crap left
on a village green by cyclists on a timed ride (a polite name for a road
race).

--
Spike

Re: I filmed one of these scum and they got fined too

<b5fa8ac0-d073-48f1-a6e2-4085c1944a98n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8399&group=uk.rec.cycling#8399

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 02:47:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 09:47 UTC

On Friday, April 15, 2022 at 2:00:18 PM UTC+1, soup wrote:
> On 15/04/2022 08:32, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> >
> > 15 hrs ago
> >
> > A packet of cigarettes costs £13.60 on average these days, according to Google. If she was that desperate that she smoked in her parents' car, she's probably on a pack a day. Therefore giving up for a week would save £95.20, almost enough to cover the fine.
> >
> > 15 hrs ago
> >
> > Without knowing, she looks like a smoker. Bad skin, bad condition hair, and all wrinkly. #fagaddict
> >
> >> https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/local-news/womans-fury-over-hefty-petty-6950584
> No reply to public defecation noted.

Do you mean this famous case?

QUOTE:
When Sir Alex Ferguson was caught avoiding a traffic jam by driving down the hard shoulder of a motorway in 1999, Mr Freeman successfully argued Fergie had no choice because he had severe diarrhoea and was rushing to get to the toilet at United's training ground. ENDS

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mr-loophole-nick-freemans-celebrity-13323553

Re: I filmed one of these scum and they got fined too

<31ad7c77-7fb9-4fc2-98ca-137c95de083en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8418&group=uk.rec.cycling#8418

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 06:29:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 13:29 UTC

> QUOTE:
> When Sir Alex Ferguson was caught avoiding a traffic jam by driving down the hard shoulder of a motorway in 1999, Mr Freeman successfully argued Fergie had no choice because he had severe diarrhoea and was rushing to get to the toilet at United's training ground. ENDS

On the 2003 title race "It's getting tickly now – squeaky-bum time, I call it." - Alex Ferguson

HE WOULD KNOW! :-)