From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Linux wranglers to the bridge IYWBSK
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 00:26:37 +0100
 by: RustyHinge - Tue, 29 Mar 2022 23:26 UTC

Had some issues with Mint, and it's not downloading mail, just sitting
there with the progress wheel a-turning.

When I open mail, the green open marker is always several lines above
the last post (not the Last Post) received a couple of days ago.

I've tried deleting a few items with no change in status quo.

Anyone any ideas?

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: Linux wranglers to the bridge IYWBSK

<t204u3$o8h$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8430&group=uk.rec.sheds#8430

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: Linux wranglers to the bridge IYWBSK
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 00:32:19 +0100
 by: RustyHinge - Tue, 29 Mar 2022 23:32 UTC

On 30/03/2022 00:26, RustyHinge wrote:
> Had some issues with Mint, and it's not downloading mail, just sitting
> there with the progress wheel a-turning.
>
> When I open mail, the green open marker is always several lines above
> the last post (not the Last Post) received a couple of days ago.
>
> I've tried deleting a few items with no change in status quo.
>
> Anyone any ideas?

I tried the 'repair folder' box and all mail has vanished, but otherwise
Ezekiel saw a wheel a-turning - still a-turning.

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: Linux wranglers to the bridge IYWBSK

<pfmdneILG-xPAN7_nZ2dnUU7-RWdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8440&group=uk.rec.sheds#8440

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: richa...@privacy.net (Richard Robinson)
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 19:01:22 -0500
 by: Richard Robinson - Wed, 30 Mar 2022 00:01 UTC

RustyHinge said:
> On 30/03/2022 00:26, RustyHinge wrote:
>> Had some issues with Mint, and it's not downloading mail, just sitting
>> there with the progress wheel a-turning.
>>
>> When I open mail, the green open marker is always several lines above
>> the last post (not the Last Post) received a couple of days ago.
>>
>> I've tried deleting a few items with no change in status quo.
>>
>> Anyone any ideas?
>>
> I tried the 'repair folder' box and all mail has vanished, but otherwise
> Ezekiel saw a wheel a-turning - still a-turning.

Ah. A misery wrapped in an enema, then. So sorry.

--
Richard Robinson

My email address is at http://qualmograph.org.uk/contact.html

Re: Linux wranglers to the bridge IYWBSK

<t21ojs$gmg$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8488&group=uk.rec.sheds#8488

From: chr...@mshome.net (Chris Elvidge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 15:14:04 +0100
 by: Chris Elvidge - Wed, 30 Mar 2022 14:14 UTC

On 30/03/2022 00:32, RustyHinge wrote:
> On 30/03/2022 00:26, RustyHinge wrote:
>> Had some issues with Mint, and it's not downloading mail, just sitting
>> there with the progress wheel a-turning.
>>
>> When I open mail, the green open marker is always several lines above
>> the last post (not the Last Post) received a couple of days ago.
>>
>> I've tried deleting a few items with no change in status quo.
>>
>> Anyone any ideas?
>>
> I tried the 'repair folder' box and all mail has vanished, but otherwise
> Ezekiel saw a wheel a-turning - still a-turning.

Problem not with Mint but with the mail program?
Which mail program are you using?
Is it actually connecting to the mail server?
Is it the same machine that you use for news?

--
Chris Elvidge
England

Re: Linux wranglers to the bridge IYWBSK

<t21pvr$rri$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8493&group=uk.rec.sheds#8493

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 15:37:45 +0100
 by: RustyHinge - Wed, 30 Mar 2022 14:37 UTC

On 30/03/2022 15:14, Chris Elvidge wrote:
> On 30/03/2022 00:32, RustyHinge wrote:
>> On 30/03/2022 00:26, RustyHinge wrote:
>>> Had some issues with Mint, and it's not downloading mail, just
>>> sitting there with the progress wheel a-turning.
>>>
>>> When I open mail, the green open marker is always several lines above
>>> the last post (not the Last Post) received a couple of days ago.
>>>
>>> I've tried deleting a few items with no change in status quo.
>>>
>>> Anyone any ideas?
>>>
>> I tried the 'repair folder' box and all mail has vanished, but
>> otherwise Ezekiel saw a wheel a-turning - still a-turning.
>>

> Problem not with Mint but with the mail program?
> Which mail program are you using?
> Is it actually connecting to the mail server?
> Is it the same machine that you use for news?

To quote my younger brother's exchange Serapu exchange student when
around twelve: "Tu as raison - hon-hon - hon-hon." I went into the guts
of Thunderbum and tweaked it so severely that all is now jbexvat in a
hunky-dory fashion.

The reason (hon-hon - hon-hon - hon-hon) I was blaming the OS was that
everything on the box stopped jbexvat. Only by doing a Widows trick
(shut it down and re-start el boxo) did I suss where was the promble.

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: Linux wranglers to the bridge IYWBSK

<20220330165129.664476042d3429986f62cfa6@127.0.0.1>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8501&group=uk.rec.sheds#8501

From: adm...@127.0.0.1 (Kerr-Mudd, John)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 16:51:29 +0100
GNU: Terry Pratchett
 by: Kerr-Mudd, John - Wed, 30 Mar 2022 15:51 UTC

On Wed, 30 Mar 2022 15:37:45 +0100
RustyHinge <rusty.hinge@foobar.girolle.co.uk> wrote:

> On 30/03/2022 15:14, Chris Elvidge wrote:

> >> I tried the 'repair folder' box and all mail has vanished, but
> >> otherwise Ezekiel saw a wheel a-turning - still a-turning.
> >>

> > Problem not with Mint but with the mail program?
> > Which mail program are you using?
> > Is it actually connecting to the mail server?
> > Is it the same machine that you use for news?
>
> To quote my younger brother's exchange Serapu exchange student when
> around twelve: "Tu as raison - hon-hon - hon-hon." I went into the guts
> of Thunderbum and tweaked it so severely that all is now jbexvat in a
> hunky-dory fashion.
>
> The reason (hon-hon - hon-hon - hon-hon) I was blaming the OS was that
> everything on the box stopped jbexvat. Only by doing a Widows trick
> (shut it down and re-start el boxo) did I suss where was the promble.

I know narthing of this, but (I goov) 'Well Done That Sheddi' is apposite.

Disclaimer: (trowsers may go up, as well as down)

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.