From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Plastic Peloton: The Trouble with Littering Cyclists
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 13:14:58 +0000
 by: Spike - Tue, 19 Apr 2022 13:14 UTC

"I was in France following the Dauphine Libèré stage race in a camper
van with the photographer Gerard Brown. At the finish line one day we
met a French cyclist from Lyon. He stuck out because he was a very
serious-looking rider in full team kit, albeit that he was carrying a
huge 70 litre rucksac on his back. We’d seen him earlier, cycling behind
the race. As he passed through the feed zones and mountain passes he’d
stop and pick up all the dropped bidons he could find and stuff them in
his pack. Then off he’d chase after the race again. He looked like some
weird cross of a racing cyclist mixed with a weekend rambler and an
astronaught[SIC]. His pack was probably the worst possible luggage for a
road bike and couldn’t have been much fun in a crosswind, but at least
he said it didn’t weigh much."

You might not find this story on road.cc

<https://magazine.bikesoup.com/plastic-peloton-the-trouble-with-littering-cyclists>

--
Spike

Re: Plastic Peloton: The Trouble with Littering Cyclists

<jc804nF8ei5U4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8561&group=uk.rec.cycling#8561

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 15:43:36 +0100
 by: JNugent - Tue, 19 Apr 2022 14:43 UTC

On 19/04/2022 02:14 pm, Spike wrote:

> "I was in France following the Dauphine Libèré stage race in a camper
> van with the photographer Gerard Brown. At the finish line one day we
> met a French cyclist from Lyon. He stuck out because he was a very
> serious-looking rider in full team kit, albeit that he was carrying a
> huge 70 litre rucksac on his back. We’d seen him earlier, cycling behind
> the race. As he passed through the feed zones and mountain passes he’d
> stop and pick up all the dropped bidons he could find and stuff them in
> his pack. Then off he’d chase after the race again. He looked like some
> weird cross of a racing cyclist mixed with a weekend rambler and an
> astronaught[SIC]. His pack was probably the worst possible luggage for a
> road bike and couldn’t have been much fun in a crosswind, but at least
> he said it didn’t weigh much."
>
> You might not find this story on road.cc
>
> <https://magazine.bikesoup.com/plastic-peloton-the-trouble-with-littering-cyclists>

TMS320 will be along shortly to correct you.

He says that fairy-cyclists never discard litter.