From: rink.hof...@planet.nl (Rink)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: OT - Weird viaduct
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 18:02:10 +0200
 by: Rink - Sun, 23 May 2021 16:02 UTC

Op 11-4-2021 om 12:39 schreef Basil Jet:

> https://youtu.be/y8tamY4eSsc?t=76
>
> I think it's an engineering simulation rather than a photo, but I don't
> understand the viaduct visible from 1m17 to 1m18 in this video. Even if
> the railway is crossing over a highway at a very oblique angle (which
> given the other stuff in the video isn't entirely likely anyway) that
> would be a reason for the pillars to be located where they are located,
> but would not be a reason to fill in the area between the pillars with
> anything other than a series of gantries, as seen between Harringay and
> Hornsey.
> https://www.google.com/maps/@51.5798518,-0.1068226,180m/data=!3m1!1e3

We have the same kind of viaduct in The Netherlands.
HSL crossing motorway A4 near Leiderdorp:

photo:
<https://www.google.nl/maps/@52.1748663,4.5754281,3a,75y,104.49h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1suh1Tt5TFTSwThwZjsXd9Eg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=nl>

Satellite photo:
<https://www.google.nl/maps/@52.1748663,4.5754281,528m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=nl>

Maybe more, but this is where I lived when it was built.

I like this more:
Zandhazenbrug near Muiderberg where the Flevolijn railway
(Amsterdam - Almere) crosses the A1/A6 motorway.

<https://www.google.nl/maps/@52.3172952,5.0962452,3a,37.5y,115.79h,94.66t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1su_cgFHgJH8IJbgEePOC2ag!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=nl>

Rink

Re: OT - Weird viaduct

<s8dupn$1ep$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=88&group=uk.railway#88

From: recliner...@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 16:10:31 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:24y3B2H37W99BmkT2aJ/NGTi/9g=
 by: Recliner - Sun, 23 May 2021 16:10 UTC

Rink <rink.hof.haalditmaarweg@planet.nl> wrote:
> Op 11-4-2021 om 12:39 schreef Basil Jet:
>>
>> https://youtu.be/y8tamY4eSsc?t=76
>>
>> I think it's an engineering simulation rather than a photo, but I don't
>> understand the viaduct visible from 1m17 to 1m18 in this video. Even if
>> the railway is crossing over a highway at a very oblique angle (which
>> given the other stuff in the video isn't entirely likely anyway) that
>> would be a reason for the pillars to be located where they are located,
>> but would not be a reason to fill in the area between the pillars with
>> anything other than a series of gantries, as seen between Harringay and
>> Hornsey.
>> https://www.google.com/maps/@51.5798518,-0.1068226,180m/data=!3m1!1e3
>>

> We have the same kind of viaduct in The Netherlands.
> HSL crossing motorway A4 near Leiderdorp:
>
> photo:
> <https://www.google.nl/maps/@52.1748663,4.5754281,3a,75y,104.49h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1suh1Tt5TFTSwThwZjsXd9Eg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=nl>
>
> Satellite photo:
> <https://www.google.nl/maps/@52.1748663,4.5754281,528m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=nl>
>
> Maybe more, but this is where I lived when it was built.

They probably are found everywhere, as it's the obviously best civil
engineering solution for acutely angled diagonal crossings of wide gaps.

Re: OT - Weird viaduct

<s8dvs5$kqu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=89&group=uk.railway#89

From: rink.hof...@planet.nl (Rink)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 18:28:53 +0200
 by: Rink - Sun, 23 May 2021 16:28 UTC

Op 23-5-2021 om 18:10 schreef Recliner:
> Rink <rink.hof.haalditmaarweg@planet.nl> wrote:
>> Op 11-4-2021 om 12:39 schreef Basil Jet:
>>>
>>> https://youtu.be/y8tamY4eSsc?t=76
>>>
>>> I think it's an engineering simulation rather than a photo, but I don't
>>> understand the viaduct visible from 1m17 to 1m18 in this video. Even if
>>> the railway is crossing over a highway at a very oblique angle (which
>>> given the other stuff in the video isn't entirely likely anyway) that
>>> would be a reason for the pillars to be located where they are located,
>>> but would not be a reason to fill in the area between the pillars with
>>> anything other than a series of gantries, as seen between Harringay and
>>> Hornsey.
>>> https://www.google.com/maps/@51.5798518,-0.1068226,180m/data=!3m1!1e3
>>>

>> We have the same kind of viaduct in The Netherlands.
>> HSL crossing motorway A4 near Leiderdorp:
>>
>> photo:
>> <https://www.google.nl/maps/@52.1748663,4.5754281,3a,75y,104.49h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1suh1Tt5TFTSwThwZjsXd9Eg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=nl>
>>
>> Satellite photo:
>> <https://www.google.nl/maps/@52.1748663,4.5754281,528m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=nl>
>>
>> Maybe more, but this is where I lived when it was built.
>
> They probably are found everywhere, as it's the obviously best civil
> engineering solution for acutely angled diagonal crossings of wide gaps.

I agree.