This fortune would be seven words long if it were six words shorter.

aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / OT: Sponsored walk for prostate cancer

SubjectAuthor
* OT: Sponsored walk for prostate cancerR D S
`* Re: OT: Sponsored walk for prostate cancerARW
 +* Re: OT: Sponsored walk for prostate cancerGB
 |+- Re: OT: Sponsored walk for prostate cancerR D S
 |`- Re: OT: Sponsored walk for prostate cancerARW
 `* Re: OT: Sponsored walk for prostate cancerR D S
  +- Re: OT: Sponsored walk for prostate cancerThe Natural Philosopher
  +- Re: OT: Sponsored walk for prostate cancercharles
  `* Re: OT: Sponsored walk for prostate cancerThe Other John
   +* Re: OT: Sponsored walk for prostate cancerTim+
   |`- Re: OT: Sponsored walk for prostate cancerGB
   `- Re: OT: Sponsored walk for prostate cancerR D S

1
OT: Sponsored walk for prostate cancer

<tr2vj2$26lcb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=86276&group=uk.d-i-y#86276

From: rsa...@yahoo.com (R D S)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: OT: Sponsored walk for prostate cancer
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2023 11:06:10 +0000
 by: R D S - Sat, 28 Jan 2023 11:06 UTC

My missus will be joining an organised walk up Snowdon to raise money
for prostate cancer, if you've spare pennies (I know you have) please
consider sponsoring her, link below, thanks in advance.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/rachel-shepherd14

Re: OT: Sponsored walk for prostate cancer

<tr8uvj$3ca6p$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=86624&group=uk.d-i-y#86624

From: adamwads...@blueyonder.co.uk (ARW)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: OT: Sponsored walk for prostate cancer
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 17:32:36 +0000
 by: ARW - Mon, 30 Jan 2023 17:32 UTC

On 28/01/2023 11:06, R D S wrote:
> My missus will be joining an organised walk up Snowdon to raise money
> for prostate cancer, if you've spare pennies (I know you have) please
> consider sponsoring her, link below, thanks in advance.
>
> https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/rachel-shepherd14

I'll sponsor her. Just because you got her to do the walk for a male
problem.

And also because an Thursday a friend of mine collapsed at work and was
out of breath - the diagnosis - lung cancer that has spread to his
liver, kidneys and heart.

But the last time I sponsored someone's other half on this newsgroup I
got Lou to do it for me and I told her to take the cash out my wallet.
The cheeky cow took the amount I had sponsored plus the gift aid amount.

Re: OT: Sponsored walk for prostate cancer

<tr92jr$3d32c$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=86636&group=uk.d-i-y#86636

From: NOTsome...@microsoft.invalid (GB)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 18:34:36 +0000
 by: GB - Mon, 30 Jan 2023 18:34 UTC

On 30/01/2023 17:32, ARW wrote:
> On 28/01/2023 11:06, R D S wrote:
>> My missus will be joining an organised walk up Snowdon to raise money
>> for prostate cancer, if you've spare pennies (I know you have) please
>> consider sponsoring her, link below, thanks in advance.
>>
>> https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/rachel-shepherd14
>
> I'll sponsor her. Just because you got her to do the walk for a male
> problem.
>
> And also because an Thursday a friend of mine collapsed at work and was
> out of breath - the diagnosis - lung cancer that has spread to his
> liver, kidneys and heart.

That brings it home, doesn't it. I'm so sorry for your friend.

> But the last time I sponsored someone's other half on this newsgroup I
> got Lou to do it for me and I told her to take the cash out my wallet.
> The cheeky cow took the amount I had sponsored plus the gift aid amount.

In recompense, I have just sponsored Rachel. :)

Re: OT: Sponsored walk for prostate cancer

<trbll4$3to7o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=86875&group=uk.d-i-y#86875

From: rsa...@yahoo.com (R D S)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 18:11:48 +0000
 by: R D S - Tue, 31 Jan 2023 18:11 UTC

On 30/01/2023 18:34, GB wrote:

> In recompense, I have just sponsored Rachel. :)

Many thanks for that.

Re: OT: Sponsored walk for prostate cancer

<trblqt$3to7o$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=86876&group=uk.d-i-y#86876

From: rsa...@yahoo.com (R D S)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 18:14:53 +0000
 by: R D S - Tue, 31 Jan 2023 18:14 UTC

On 30/01/2023 17:32, ARW wrote:

> I'll sponsor her. Just because you got her to do the walk for a male
> problem.
>
> And also because an Thursday a friend of mine collapsed at work and was
> out of breath - the diagnosis - lung cancer that has spread to his
> liver, kidneys and heart.

Terrifying isn't it? You never know how long you have left. My mum died
at 49 with a bunch of cancers, i'm fairly sure i'm in good health but
i'm 49 now and i'm finding it a difficult age to deal with.

Re: OT: Sponsored walk for prostate cancer

<trbmnk$3tqdn$8@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=86884&group=uk.d-i-y#86884

From: tnp...@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 18:30:12 +0000
 by: The Natural Philosop - Tue, 31 Jan 2023 18:30 UTC

On 31/01/2023 18:14, R D S wrote:
> On 30/01/2023 17:32, ARW wrote:
>>
>> I'll sponsor her. Just because you got her to do the walk for a male
>> problem.
>>
>> And also because an Thursday a friend of mine collapsed at work and
>> was out of breath - the diagnosis - lung cancer that has spread to his
>> liver, kidneys and heart.
>>
> Terrifying isn't it? You never know how long you have left. My mum died
> at 49 with a bunch of cancers, i'm fairly sure i'm in good health but
> i'm 49 now and i'm finding it a difficult age to deal with.

49 was good. I retired.

64 was bad, Arteries giving out.

--
Climate is what you expect but weather is what you get.
Mark Twain

Re: OT: Sponsored walk for prostate cancer

<trbn3v$3u0bo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=86886&group=uk.d-i-y#86886

From: adamwads...@blueyonder.co.uk (ARW)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 18:36:47 +0000
 by: ARW - Tue, 31 Jan 2023 18:36 UTC

On 30/01/2023 18:34, GB wrote:
> On 30/01/2023 17:32, ARW wrote:
>> On 28/01/2023 11:06, R D S wrote:
>>> My missus will be joining an organised walk up Snowdon to raise money
>>> for prostate cancer, if you've spare pennies (I know you have) please
>>> consider sponsoring her, link below, thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/rachel-shepherd14
>>
>> I'll sponsor her. Just because you got her to do the walk for a male
>> problem.
>>
>> And also because an Thursday a friend of mine collapsed at work and
>> was out of breath - the diagnosis - lung cancer that has spread to his
>> liver, kidneys and heart.
>
> That brings it home, doesn't it. I'm so sorry for your friend.
>

>> But the last time I sponsored someone's other half on this newsgroup I
>> got Lou to do it for me and I told her to take the cash out my wallet.
>> The cheeky cow took the amount I had sponsored plus the gift aid amount.
>

> In recompense, I have just sponsored Rachel. :)

DIYed it this time to save on her administration fees.

Re: OT: Sponsored walk for prostate cancer

<5a6f8169cfcharles@candehope.me.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=86894&group=uk.d-i-y#86894

From: char...@candehope.me.uk (charles)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 18:21:28 +0000 (GMT)
 by: charles - Tue, 31 Jan 2023 18:21 UTC

In article <trblqt$3to7o$2@dont-email.me>,
R D S <rsandr@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 30/01/2023 17:32, ARW wrote:
> >
> > I'll sponsor her. Just because you got her to do the walk for a male
> > problem.
> >
> > And also because an Thursday a friend of mine collapsed at work and was
> > out of breath - the diagnosis - lung cancer that has spread to his
> > liver, kidneys and heart.
> >
> Terrifying isn't it? You never know how long you have left. My mum died
> at 49 with a bunch of cancers, i'm fairly sure i'm in good health but
> i'm 49 now and i'm finding it a difficult age to deal with.

just get on with it. I'm 82!

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England - sent from my RISC OS 4té

Re: OT: Sponsored walk for prostate cancer

<trbp8n$3ua75$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=86898&group=uk.d-i-y#86898

From: nom...@here.org (The Other John)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 19:13:27 -0000 (UTC)
 by: The Other John - Tue, 31 Jan 2023 19:13 UTC

On Tue, 31 Jan 2023 18:14:53 +0000, R D S wrote:

> Terrifying isn't it? You never know how long you have left. My mum died
> at 49 with a bunch of cancers, i'm fairly sure i'm in good health but
> i'm 49 now and i'm finding it a difficult age to deal with.

Try to think positively. I'm 83 and have so far survived prostate cancer
and a low grade bladder cancer but my wife has dementia so I have to do
all the shopping, cooking, cleaning, laundry, ironing, etc, etc. Both my
granddads lived to 93 so I'm looking forward to at least another 10 years.

--
TOJ.

Re: OT: Sponsored walk for prostate cancer

<1247671961.696885575.173870.tim.downie-gmail.com@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=86902&group=uk.d-i-y#86902

From: tim.dow...@gmail.com (Tim+)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: 31 Jan 2023 19:23:47 GMT
 by: Tim+ - Tue, 31 Jan 2023 19:23 UTC

The Other John <nomail@here.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Jan 2023 18:14:53 +0000, R D S wrote:
>
>> Terrifying isn't it? You never know how long you have left. My mum died
>> at 49 with a bunch of cancers, i'm fairly sure i'm in good health but
>> i'm 49 now and i'm finding it a difficult age to deal with.
>
> Try to think positively. I'm 83 and have so far survived prostate cancer
> and a low grade bladder cancer but my wife has dementia so I have to do
> all the shopping, cooking, cleaning, laundry, ironing, etc, etc. Both my
> granddads lived to 93 so I'm looking forward to at least another 10 years.

Sorry to hear about your wife’s dementia. Having watched relations dwindle
away with dementia too often, I’m (hopefully) going to be refusing
pointless life extending treatments when I get older. My mother has been
brought back from the brink of dying several times in the last year by
antibiotics.

She hates being immobile and dependant. She could have slipped away
peacefully each time had nature been left to take its course.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Re: OT: Sponsored walk for prostate cancer

<trdkh8$anna$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=86974&group=uk.d-i-y#86974

From: NOTsome...@microsoft.invalid (GB)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2023 12:04:57 +0000
 by: GB - Wed, 1 Feb 2023 12:04 UTC

On 31/01/2023 19:23, Tim+ wrote:
> The Other John <nomail@here.org> wrote:
>> On Tue, 31 Jan 2023 18:14:53 +0000, R D S wrote:
>>
>>> Terrifying isn't it? You never know how long you have left. My mum died
>>> at 49 with a bunch of cancers, i'm fairly sure i'm in good health but
>>> i'm 49 now and i'm finding it a difficult age to deal with.
>>
>> Try to think positively. I'm 83 and have so far survived prostate cancer
>> and a low grade bladder cancer but my wife has dementia so I have to do
>> all the shopping, cooking, cleaning, laundry, ironing, etc, etc. Both my
>> granddads lived to 93 so I'm looking forward to at least another 10 years.
>>

> Sorry to hear about your wife’s dementia. Having watched relations dwindle
> away with dementia too often, I’m (hopefully) going to be refusing
> pointless life extending treatments when I get older. My mother has been
> brought back from the brink of dying several times in the last year by
> antibiotics.
>
> She hates being immobile and dependant. She could have slipped away
> peacefully each time had nature been left to take its course.

I'm sorry for your mother, who finds herself in this position, and you,
who has to witness it.

Whilst euthanasia is illegal in this country, refusing treatment is not.
Is it still possible for your mother to make that decision?

For yourself, it's worthwhile appointing an attorney now, with power to
decide on your own future treatment should you be unable to make your
wishes known.

There are also advance statements, although that might be a bit
inflexible for someone in good health.
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/end-of-life-care/advance-decision-to-refuse-treatment/

> Tim

Re: OT: Sponsored walk for prostate cancer

<tromrd$2jje4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=87495&group=uk.d-i-y#87495

From: rsa...@yahoo.com (R D S)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2023 16:51:56 +0000
 by: R D S - Sun, 5 Feb 2023 16:51 UTC

On 31/01/2023 19:13, The Other John wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Jan 2023 18:14:53 +0000, R D S wrote:
>
>> Terrifying isn't it? You never know how long you have left. My mum died
>> at 49 with a bunch of cancers, i'm fairly sure i'm in good health but
>> i'm 49 now and i'm finding it a difficult age to deal with.
>
> Try to think positively. I'm 83 and have so far survived prostate cancer
> and a low grade bladder cancer but my wife has dementia so I have to do
> all the shopping, cooking, cleaning, laundry, ironing, etc, etc. Both my
> granddads lived to 93 so I'm looking forward to at least another 10 years.

That's reassuring, thanks!