What is now proved was once only imagin'd. -- William Blake

aus+uk / aus.computers / Re: Ping: Rod Speed

SubjectAuthor
* Ping: Rod SpeedTrevor Wilson
+* Re: Ping: Rod SpeedNews 2021
|`- Re: Ping: Rod SpeedTrevor Wilson
`* Re: Ping: Rod SpeedRod Speed
 `* Re: Ping: Rod SpeedTrevor Wilson
  `* Re: Ping: Rod SpeedRod Speed
   +- Re: Ping: Rod SpeedRod Speed
   +- Re: Ping: Rod SpeedTrevor Wilson
   `* Re: Ping: Rod Speedlindsay
    +- Re: Ping: Rod SpeedPetzl
    +* Re: Ping: Rod SpeedTrevor Wilson
    |`- Re: Ping: Rod SpeedGary R. Schmidt
    `* Re: Ping: Rod SpeedRod Speed
     `- Re: Ping: Rod SpeedLindsay

1
Ping: Rod Speed

<ie7kgiFi8f6U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=720&group=aus.computers#720

From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Subject: Ping: Rod Speed
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 19:17:05 +1000
 by: Trevor Wilson - Tue, 20 Apr 2021 09:17 UTC

Rod,
You recently posted a link to a working Pirate Bay site. Can you post
again please?

TIA

Re: Ping: Rod Speed

<s5mbf2$d3k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=721&group=aus.computers#721

From: new...@woa.com.au (News 2021)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Subject: Re: Ping: Rod Speed
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 10:46:58 -0000 (UTC)
 by: News 2021 - Tue, 20 Apr 2021 10:46 UTC

On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 19:17:05 +1000, Trevor Wilson scribed:

> Rod,
> You recently posted a link to a working Pirate Bay site. Can you post
> again please?
>
> TIA

Err, what sort of content are you after?
Hint https://torrentfreak.com/
for the latest and historical information.
Or you can read the piracy block lists.
Use a VPN and good search engine like DuckDuckGo.

Re: Ping: Rod Speed

<ie8ma1FoqpcU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=722&group=aus.computers#722

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 04:53:47 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 20 Apr 2021 18:53 UTC

Trevor Wilson <trevor@rageaudio.com.au> wrote

> Rod,
> You recently posted a link to a working Pirate Bay site.
> Can you post again please?

thepiratebay.org

Re: Ping: Rod Speed

<iecin2Fh5k6U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=729&group=aus.computers#729

From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 16:17:06 +1000
 by: Trevor Wilson - Thu, 22 Apr 2021 06:17 UTC

On 21/04/2021 4:53 am, Rod Speed wrote:

> Trevor Wilson <trevor@rageaudio.com.au> wrote
>> Rod,
>> You recently posted a link to a working Pirate Bay site. Can you post
>> again please?
>
> thepiratebay.org

**Thanks mate. Works a treat.

Re: Ping: Rod Speed

<ieciqaFh5k6U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=730&group=aus.computers#730

From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 16:18:50 +1000
 by: Trevor Wilson - Thu, 22 Apr 2021 06:18 UTC

On 20/04/2021 8:46 pm, News 2021 wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 19:17:05 +1000, Trevor Wilson scribed:
>
>> Rod,
>> You recently posted a link to a working Pirate Bay site. Can you post
>> again please?
>>
>> TIA
>
> Err, what sort of content are you after?

**Pennyworth
The Umbrella Academy
Resident Alien (highly recommended)

> Hint https://torrentfreak.com/
> for the latest and historical information.
> Or you can read the piracy block lists.
> Use a VPN and good search engine like DuckDuckGo.

**Thanks. I'll check it out.

Re: Ping: Rod Speed

<ig0ujoFlu9dU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=851&group=aus.computers#851

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 12:58:57 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 12 May 2021 02:58 UTC

"Trevor Wilson" <trevor@rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
> On 21/04/2021 4:53 am, Rod Speed wrote:
>>

>> Trevor Wilson <trevor@rageaudio.com.au> wrote
>>> Rod,
>>> You recently posted a link to a working Pirate Bay site. Can you post
>>> again please?
>>
>> thepiratebay.org
>>

> **Thanks mate. Works a treat.

What are you using to download the torrents ?

I've been using utorrent but have just had it go mad and cant get it working
again.

Tried even an uninstall and reinstall but that doesn’t help.

With a new torrent, don’t get the popup which allows you to specify which
bits of the torrent you want.

Reclicking on the magnet in piratebay sees utorrent ask you if you want to
load new trackers as it used to so utorrent

clearly is trying to do something with the torrent but it never shows on the
main utorrent screen as downloading anymore.

In theory it might be the RSP killing torrents but utorrent still shows the
DHT nodes and appears to be uploading something

so that seems unlikely. And you can see activity in the graphs window.

Just froze this quite different window too and killing utorrent stopped the
freeze.

And the new trackers thing continue after an uninstall/new install too so it
cant be deleting everything with the uninstall.

Cant see it in program files or program file X86 either.

Just noticed 4 instances of utorrent in the task manager, one with a
slightly different name capitals wise. That does ring a slight bell with a
utorrent problem years ago.

Win 7

Re: Ping: Rod Speed

<ig14vpFn2m0U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=852&group=aus.computers#852

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 14:47:46 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 12 May 2021 04:47 UTC

"Rod Speed" <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote in message

> "Trevor Wilson" <trevor@rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
>> On 21/04/2021 4:53 am, Rod Speed wrote:
>>>

>>> Trevor Wilson <trevor@rageaudio.com.au> wrote
>>>
>>> thepiratebay.org
>>>

>> **Thanks mate. Works a treat.
>
> What are you using to download the torrents ?
>
> I've been using utorrent but have just had it go mad and cant get it
> working again.
>
> Tried even an uninstall and reinstall but that doesn’t help.
>
> With a new torrent, don’t get the popup which allows you to specify which
> bits of the torrent you want.
>
> Reclicking on the magnet in piratebay sees utorrent ask you if you want to
> load new trackers as it used to so utorrent
>
> clearly is trying to do something with the torrent but it never shows on
> the main utorrent screen as downloading anymore.
>
> In theory it might be the RSP killing torrents but utorrent still shows
> the DHT nodes and appears to be uploading something
>
> so that seems unlikely. And you can see activity in the graphs window.
>
> Just froze this quite different window too and killing utorrent stopped
> the freeze.
>
> And the new trackers thing continue after an uninstall/new install too so
> it cant be deleting everything with the uninstall.
>
> Cant see it in program files or program file X86 either.

> Just noticed 4 instances of utorrent in the task manager, one with a
> slightly different name capitals wise. That does ring a slight bell with a
> utorrent problem years ago.
>
> Win 7

Works fine on a different win10 machine so it isnt the RSP.

Fixed it, stupidly forgot to delete the settings with the uninstall.

Re: Ping: Rod Speed

<ig2jl1F1cbkU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=853&group=aus.computers#853

From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 04:04:18 +1000
 by: Trevor Wilson - Wed, 12 May 2021 18:04 UTC

On 12/05/2021 12:58 pm, Rod Speed wrote:

> "Trevor Wilson" <trevor@rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
>> On 21/04/2021 4:53 am, Rod Speed wrote:
>>>

>>> Trevor Wilson <trevor@rageaudio.com.au> wrote
>>>
>>> thepiratebay.org
>>>

>> **Thanks mate. Works a treat.
>
> What are you using to download the torrents ?
>
> I've been using utorrent but have just had it go mad and cant get it
> working again.
>
> Tried even an uninstall and reinstall but that doesn’t help.
>
> With a new torrent, don’t get the popup which allows you to specify
> which bits of the torrent you want.
>
> Reclicking on the magnet in piratebay sees utorrent ask you if you want
> to load new trackers as it used to so utorrent
>
> clearly is trying to do something with the torrent but it never shows on
> the main utorrent screen as downloading anymore.
>
> In theory it might be the RSP killing torrents but utorrent still shows
> the DHT nodes and appears to be uploading something
>
> so that seems unlikely. And you can see activity in the graphs window.
>
> Just froze this quite different window too and killing utorrent stopped
> the freeze.
>
> And the new trackers thing continue after an uninstall/new install too
> so it cant be deleting everything with the uninstall.
>
> Cant see it in program files or program file X86 either.
>
> Just noticed 4 instances of utorrent in the task manager, one with a
> slightly different name capitals wise. That does ring a slight bell with
> a utorrent problem years ago.
>
> Win 7

**Sorry, I missed this post. Yeah, I use uTorrent. It has always worked
a treat. A few ads, but nothing too intrusive.

Re: Ping: Rod Speed

<yxZmI.476160$zV01.458602@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=855&group=aus.computers#855

Newsgroups: aus.computers
From: Nop...@nunnya.biz.au (lindsay)
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 09:29:32 +1000
 by: lindsay - Wed, 12 May 2021 23:29 UTC

On 12/05/2021 12:58 pm, Rod Speed wrote:

> "Trevor Wilson" <trevor@rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
>> On 21/04/2021 4:53 am, Rod Speed wrote:
>>>

>>> Trevor Wilson <trevor@rageaudio.com.au> wrote
>>>
>>> thepiratebay.org
>>>

>> **Thanks mate. Works a treat.
>
> What are you using to download the torrents ?
>
> I've been using utorrent but have just had it go mad and cant get it
> working again.
>
> Tried even an uninstall and reinstall but that doesn’t help.
>
> With a new torrent, don’t get the popup which allows you to specify
> which bits of the torrent you want.
>
> Reclicking on the magnet in piratebay sees utorrent ask you if you want
> to load new trackers as it used to so utorrent
>
> clearly is trying to do something with the torrent but it never shows on
> the main utorrent screen as downloading anymore.
>
> In theory it might be the RSP killing torrents but utorrent still shows
> the DHT nodes and appears to be uploading something
>
> so that seems unlikely. And you can see activity in the graphs window.
>
> Just froze this quite different window too and killing utorrent stopped
> the freeze.
>
> And the new trackers thing continue after an uninstall/new install too
> so it cant be deleting everything with the uninstall.
>
> Cant see it in program files or program file X86 either.
>
> Just noticed 4 instances of utorrent in the task manager, one with a
> slightly different name capitals wise. That does ring a slight bell with
> a utorrent problem years ago.
>
> Win 7

For what it's worth, "apparently" some of the latest versions of
utorrent were buggy, and it was recommended to use v3.2.2 (from memory)

--
"If his story wasn't total and utter bullshit, it would be a doddle for
him to get the info. Trouble is, he was never involved in the incident.

"I was never in doubt that the accident took place." xeno 12/08/18

Re: Ping: Rod Speed

<qcro9gtmn7as65c4bfv6nh75jn7vkd8kef@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=856&group=aus.computers#856

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 10:08:23 +1000
 by: Petzl - Thu, 13 May 2021 00:08 UTC

On Thu, 13 May 2021 09:29:32 +1000, lindsay <Nope@nunnya.biz.au>
wrote:

>On 12/05/2021 12:58 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
>>

>> "Trevor Wilson" <trevor@rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message

>>> **Thanks mate. Works a treat.
>>
>> What are you using to download the torrents ?
>>
>> I've been using utorrent but have just had it go mad and cant get it
>> working again.
>>
>> Tried even an uninstall and reinstall but that doesn’t help.
>>
>> With a new torrent, don’t get the popup which allows you to specify
>> which bits of the torrent you want.
>>
>> Reclicking on the magnet in piratebay sees utorrent ask you if you want
>> to load new trackers as it used to so utorrent
>>
>> clearly is trying to do something with the torrent but it never shows on
>> the main utorrent screen as downloading anymore.
>>
>> In theory it might be the RSP killing torrents but utorrent still shows
>> the DHT nodes and appears to be uploading something
>>
>> so that seems unlikely. And you can see activity in the graphs window.
>>
>> Just froze this quite different window too and killing utorrent stopped
>> the freeze.
>>
>> And the new trackers thing continue after an uninstall/new install too
>> so it cant be deleting everything with the uninstall.
>>
>> Cant see it in program files or program file X86 either.
>>
>> Just noticed 4 instances of utorrent in the task manager, one with a
>> slightly different name capitals wise. That does ring a slight bell with
>> a utorrent problem years ago.
>>
>> Win 7
>

>For what it's worth, "apparently" some of the latest versions of
>utorrent were buggy, and it was recommended to use v3.2.2 (from memory)

A good set-up recommendation is here
<https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/thread/9k8vzx43#r39704916>
https://is.gd/dcDSf0
--
Petzl
Tiberius Caesar who reigned for 22 years,
and his last year was AD 37. wrote:
"The extremities of Spain, the various parts of Gaul, the regions of
Britain which have never been penetrated by Roman arms, have received
the religion of Christ."

Re: Ping: Rod Speed

<ig3hf6F6q2kU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=857&group=aus.computers#857

From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 12:33:10 +1000
 by: Trevor Wilson - Thu, 13 May 2021 02:33 UTC

On 13/05/2021 9:29 am, lindsay wrote:
> On 12/05/2021 12:58 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
>>

>> "Trevor Wilson" <trevor@rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message

>>> **Thanks mate. Works a treat.
>>
>> What are you using to download the torrents ?
>>
>> I've been using utorrent but have just had it go mad and cant get it
>> working again.
>>
>> Tried even an uninstall and reinstall but that doesn’t help.
>>
>> With a new torrent, don’t get the popup which allows you to specify
>> which bits of the torrent you want.
>>
>> Reclicking on the magnet in piratebay sees utorrent ask you if you
>> want to load new trackers as it used to so utorrent
>>
>> clearly is trying to do something with the torrent but it never shows
>> on the main utorrent screen as downloading anymore.
>>
>> In theory it might be the RSP killing torrents but utorrent still
>> shows the DHT nodes and appears to be uploading something
>>
>> so that seems unlikely. And you can see activity in the graphs window.
>>
>> Just froze this quite different window too and killing utorrent
>> stopped the freeze.
>>
>> And the new trackers thing continue after an uninstall/new install too
>> so it cant be deleting everything with the uninstall.
>>
>> Cant see it in program files or program file X86 either.
>>
>> Just noticed 4 instances of utorrent in the task manager, one with a
>> slightly different name capitals wise. That does ring a slight bell
>> with a utorrent problem years ago.
>>
>> Win 7
>

> For what it's worth, "apparently" some of the latest versions of
> utorrent were buggy, and it was recommended to use v3.2.2 (from memory)

**I'm using 3.5.5 (build 46010). I allow it to upgrade when it wants to.
I can't say I've ever had a problem.

Re: Ping: Rod Speed

<7dnumh-ku2.ln1@paranoia.mcleod-schmidt.id.au>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=858&group=aus.computers#858

From: grschm...@acm.org (Gary R. Schmidt)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 14:43:51 +1000
 by: Gary R. Schmidt - Thu, 13 May 2021 04:43 UTC

On 13/05/2021 12:33, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 13/05/2021 9:29 am, lindsay wrote:
>> On 12/05/2021 12:58 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
>>>

>>> "Trevor Wilson" <trevor@rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message

>>> What are you using to download the torrents ?
>>>
>>> I've been using utorrent but have just had it go mad and cant get it
>>> working again.
>>>
>>> Tried even an uninstall and reinstall but that doesn’t help.
>>>
>>> With a new torrent, don’t get the popup which allows you to specify
>>> which bits of the torrent you want.
>>>
>>> Reclicking on the magnet in piratebay sees utorrent ask you if you
>>> want to load new trackers as it used to so utorrent
>>>
>>> clearly is trying to do something with the torrent but it never shows
>>> on the main utorrent screen as downloading anymore.
>>>
>>> In theory it might be the RSP killing torrents but utorrent still
>>> shows the DHT nodes and appears to be uploading something
>>>
>>> so that seems unlikely. And you can see activity in the graphs window.
>>>
>>> Just froze this quite different window too and killing utorrent
>>> stopped the freeze.
>>>
>>> And the new trackers thing continue after an uninstall/new install
>>> too so it cant be deleting everything with the uninstall.
>>>
>>> Cant see it in program files or program file X86 either.
>>>
>>> Just noticed 4 instances of utorrent in the task manager, one with a
>>> slightly different name capitals wise. That does ring a slight bell
>>> with a utorrent problem years ago.
>>>
>>> Win 7
>>

>> For what it's worth, "apparently" some of the latest versions of
>> utorrent were buggy, and it was recommended to use v3.2.2 (from memory)
>>

> **I'm using 3.5.5 (build 46010). I allow it to upgrade when it wants to.
> I can't say I've ever had a problem.

I still use 1.8.2 (on Win10Pro) - it works, no ads, no problems.

Cheers,
Gary B-)

--
Waiting for a new signature to suggest itself...

Re: Ping: Rod Speed

<ig5g45FiisaU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=862&group=aus.computers#862

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Fri, 14 May 2021 06:22:23 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Thu, 13 May 2021 20:22 UTC

"lindsay" <Nope@nunnya.biz.au> wrote in message
> On 12/05/2021 12:58 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
>>

>> "Trevor Wilson" <trevor@rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message

>>> **Thanks mate. Works a treat.
>>
>> What are you using to download the torrents ?
>>
>> I've been using utorrent but have just had it go mad and cant get it
>> working again.
>>
>> Tried even an uninstall and reinstall but that doesn’t help.
>>
>> With a new torrent, don’t get the popup which allows you to specify which
>> bits of the torrent you want.
>>
>> Reclicking on the magnet in piratebay sees utorrent ask you if you want
>> to load new trackers as it used to so utorrent
>>
>> clearly is trying to do something with the torrent but it never shows on
>> the main utorrent screen as downloading anymore.
>>
>> In theory it might be the RSP killing torrents but utorrent still shows
>> the DHT nodes and appears to be uploading something
>>
>> so that seems unlikely. And you can see activity in the graphs window.
>>
>> Just froze this quite different window too and killing utorrent stopped
>> the freeze.
>>
>> And the new trackers thing continue after an uninstall/new install too so
>> it cant be deleting everything with the uninstall.
>>
>> Cant see it in program files or program file X86 either.
>>
>> Just noticed 4 instances of utorrent in the task manager, one with a
>> slightly different name capitals wise. That does ring a slight bell with
>> a utorrent problem years ago.
>>
>> Win 7
>

> For what it's worth, "apparently" some of the latest versions of utorrent
> were buggy, and it was recommended to use v3.2.2 (from memory)

I was certainly running an older version which crashed, cant check the
version now.

Thanks for the warning, I will watch it and see what happens now.

Re: Ping: Rod Speed

<B0snI.579569$AWcd.31466@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=863&group=aus.computers#863

From: ask.me.f...@hornet.net.ay.you (Lindsay)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Fri, 14 May 2021 20:10:36 +1000
 by: Lindsay - Fri, 14 May 2021 10:10 UTC

On 14/05/2021 6:22 am, Rod Speed wrote:

>>> And the new trackers thing continue after an uninstall/new install
>>> too so it cant be deleting everything with the uninstall.
>>>
>>> Cant see it in program files or program file X86 either.
>>>
>>> Just noticed 4 instances of utorrent in the task manager, one with a
>>> slightly different name capitals wise. That does ring a slight bell
>>> with a utorrent problem years ago.
>>>
>>> Win 7
>>

>> For what it's worth, "apparently" some of the latest versions of
>> utorrent were buggy, and it was recommended to use v3.2.2 (from memory)

And my memory has failed me. *apparently* the goto version is actually
2.2.1 . There was a fair reason to downgrade from newer versions, but I
cant remember exactly what it was. Wasnt just ads, there was something a
bit more nefarious. Just cranked up the old laptop with win 7, and 2.2.1
and away it goes....

> I was certainly running an older version which crashed, cant check the
> version now.
>
> Thanks for the warning, I will watch it and see what happens now.

Soz I cant remember *WHY*, but it was quite compelling to revert back
to 2.2.1

--
First xeno says "They were deleted. Noddy deleted them".
Then he was asked to show the threads the deleted posts were in.