Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: ngspamme...@yahoo.co.uk (TWP)
Subject: Pigs can breathe oxygen via their rectum, so humans probably can too
Date: Sat, 22 May 2021 22:03:47 +0100
 by: TWP - Sat, 22 May 2021 21:03 UTC

Pigs can breathe oxygen via their rectum, so humans probably can too

Piping an oxygen-rich liquid through the anus could be a life-saver. A
new treatment for failing lungs that involves such a process has been
successfully tested in pigs.

People with low blood oxygen levels may be treated in intensive care by
being put on a ventilator, which blows air into their lungs. But this
usually requires sedation and can injure delicate lung tissue. “It can
be really damaging,” says Takanori Takebe at the Tokyo Medical and
Dental University.

Read more:
https://www.newscientist.com/article/2277532-pigs-can-breathe-oxygen-via-their-rectum-so-humans-probably-can-too/#ixzz6vd7Bxrox

Re: Pigs can breathe oxygen via their rectum, so humans probably can too

<6VNqI.628050$7Kb.436983@fx37.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=863&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#863

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.com (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 14:31:46 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Mon, 24 May 2021 13:31 UTC

"TWP" <ngspammersad@yahoo.co.uk> pointed to ...

> Pigs can breathe oxygen via their rectum, so humans probably can too
>

> Piping an oxygen-rich liquid through the anus could be a life-saver.

I would be surprised if they can get enough oxygen in via a back-passage
route to be of any real benefit but I've never tried it.

I would have thought extracting blood, re-oxygenating it, before
re-injecting it, would be better, just as easy and cheap, and a well
established practice.

But not half as funny as a ward full of Mr Creosotes having suffered
internal-gas build-up.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Re: Pigs can breathe oxygen via their rectum, so humans probably can too