From: hub...@ccanoemail.ca
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Al Stewart still goin' strong
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2022 19:42:39 -0400
 by: hub...@ccanoemail.ca - Sat, 2 Apr 2022 23:42 UTC

My wife put on some old vinyl and I searched him up -
quite a tour schedule for an old guy !

https://alstewart.com/shows

John T.

Re: Al Stewart still goin' strong

<6u6j4h1ptjoag6ckh8hki6h60oguokot7o@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8678&group=uk.rec.sheds#8678

From: nic...@themusicworkshop.plus.com (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: Al Stewart still goin' strong
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2022 14:18:07 +0100
 by: Nick Odell - Sun, 3 Apr 2022 13:18 UTC

On Sat, 02 Apr 2022 19:42:39 -0400, hubops@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

>My wife put on some old vinyl....

....And I immediately imagined we were in for lurid tales of S&M

> and I searched him up -
> quite a tour schedule for an old guy !
>
>https://alstewart.com/shows

Pretty amazing for 76! He still seems to have his voice - unlike some
I could mention. (Sir Paul, I'm looking at you...)

It's exposed one of my memories as a false memory syndrome, though. I
was in collage during the release of his first three albums and he was
very popular there. You couldn't move in the common rooms or halls of
residence without hearing Al Stewart coming from a record player
somewhere and I have memories of hearing Year of the Cat there too.
But I couldn't have done since it was written years later.

Nick

Re: Al Stewart still goin' strong

<cnbj4h9snfgdj1080k8hpdmctgqs6p5l94@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8680&group=uk.rec.sheds#8680

From: hub...@ccanoemail.ca
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2022 10:33:01 -0400
 by: hub...@ccanoemail.ca - Sun, 3 Apr 2022 14:33 UTC

On Sun, 03 Apr 2022 14:18:07 +0100, Nick Odell
<nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 02 Apr 2022 19:42:39 -0400, hubops@ccanoemail.ca wrote:
>
>>My wife put on some old vinyl....
>

>...And I immediately imagined we were in for lurid tales of S&M

- - - we both just had a good chuckle over that - - - jt

>> and I searched him up -
>> quite a tour schedule for an old guy !
>>
>>https://alstewart.com/shows
>>

>Pretty amazing for 76! He still seems to have his voice - unlike some
>I could mention. (Sir Paul, I'm looking at you...)
>
>It's exposed one of my memories as a false memory syndrome, though. I
>was in collage during the release of his first three albums and he was
>very popular there. You couldn't move in the common rooms or halls of
>residence without hearing Al Stewart coming from a record player
>somewhere and I have memories of hearing Year of the Cat there too.
>But I couldn't have done since it was written years later.
>
>Nick

I remember Year Of The Cat as his big breakthrough album here -
- and it was huge - then folks discovered some earlier stuff.
John T.