From: 068cd1d9...@example.com (BadWulf)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: PURE Evoke 1S radio display
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2023 21:02:04 +0000
 by: BadWulf - Sun, 5 Feb 2023 21:02 UTC

Just bought a replacement lcd display from Alibaba for £17, lot of screws to get to but nothing astonishing if confident and careful. We will have to see if it works on arrival.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy/pure-evoke-1s-radio-display-1393322-.htm

Re: PURE Evoke 1S radio display

<trr1fv$3417i$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=87599&group=uk.d-i-y#87599

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 14:05:49 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff - Mon, 6 Feb 2023 14:05 UTC

If that is the same as the one in the sonus1, they kind of go brown after a
while. Does not worry me, but might oorry those who can see. The thing that
gives me pause here, is the almost immediate redundancy of the DAB radio.
Most are now no longer able to be picked up by the pure, due to the coding
method used. I thought the display was part of the receiver pcb, and its the
chip that stops it getting DAB plus signals and decoding them. If your
replacement comes with a more up to date radio, then I'm all ears, as my one
is almost ready for the tip.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
"BadWulf" <068cd1d9790139f5dcd78de10cbca598@example.com> wrote in message
> Just bought a replacement lcd display from Alibaba for �17, lot of screws
> to get to but nothing astonishing if confident and careful. We will have
> to see if it works on arrival.
>
> --
> For full context, visit
> https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy/pure-evoke-1s-radio-display-1393322-.htm

Re: PURE Evoke 1S radio display

<trb7uhpfmcgmlclu55bip7u3sa7mu67fmv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=87746&group=uk.d-i-y#87746

From: davew...@yahoo.co.uk (Dave W)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2023 14:33:37 +0000
 by: Dave W - Wed, 8 Feb 2023 14:33 UTC

On Mon, 6 Feb 2023 14:05:49 -0000, "Brian Gaff" <brian1gaff@gmail.com>
wrote:
>If that is the same as the one in the sonus1, they kind of go brown after a
>while. Does not worry me, but might oorry those who can see. The thing that
>gives me pause here, is the almost immediate redundancy of the DAB radio.
>Most are now no longer able to be picked up by the pure, due to the coding
>method used. I thought the display was part of the receiver pcb, and its the
>chip that stops it getting DAB plus signals and decoding them. If your
>replacement comes with a more up to date radio, then I'm all ears, as my one
>is almost ready for the tip.
> Brian
You worried me beause I have a Pure Evoke-1S and I didn't know it
won't pick up DAB+. So I looked on the back and see I've written "NOT
DAB+" in black marker. I tried tuning stations and can still receive
all BBC ones. Atlantis is one that I listen to on my more modern radio
on DAB+, but on the Pure, it shows in the display but is silent. The
other station I listen to is Angel Vintage, but that's not DAB+ and
works on the Pure.
--
Dave W