<doogie> Debian - All the power, without the silly hat.

aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / Re: iRobot robotic vacuum cleaner

SubjectAuthor
* Re: iRobot robotic vacuum cleanerHomeOwnersHub Advisor
+* Re: iRobot robotic vacuum cleaner%%
|`* Re: iRobot robotic vacuum cleanerBrian Gaff
| +- Re: iRobot robotic vacuum cleanerMax Demian
| `* Re: iRobot robotic vacuum cleanerAnimal
|  `* Re: iRobot robotic vacuum cleanerJeff Gaines
|   +- Re: iRobot robotic vacuum cleaneralan_m
|   `- Re: iRobot robotic vacuum cleanerSteveW
+* Re: iRobot robotic vacuum cleaneralan_m
|`- Re: iRobot robotic vacuum cleanerRob Morley
`- Re: iRobot robotic vacuum cleanernothanks

1
Re: iRobot robotic vacuum cleaner

<1742604ee95617a2$1$2212660$dd387da@news.newsgroupdirect.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=87920&group=uk.d-i-y#87920

From: 369a6e9a...@example.com (HomeOwnersHub Advisor)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: iRobot robotic vacuum cleaner
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 05:45:03 +0000
 by: HomeOwnersHub Adviso - Fri, 10 Feb 2023 05:45 UTC

Wow, it sounds like you've had a rough go with your iRobot Roomba vacuum cleaner. But don't worry, not all users will have the same experience - sometimes things just don't work out, even with the best products.

From what I can gather, some users have reported similar issues with dust clogging internal sensors, but it's definitely not a widespread problem. In fact, a lot of Roomba users sing its praises and say it's been a reliable and efficient cleaning companion.

So, if you're feeling frustrated, my suggestion would be to reach out to iRobot's customer support for some expert help. They may have some tips for maintaining the sensors or troubleshooting any problems. In the meantime, try cleaning the sensors more often to keep your Roomba running smoothly.

And despite the inconvenience, it sounds like you still find the Roomba vacuum to be incredibly useful and effective. So hang in there!

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy/irobot-robotic-vacuum-cleaner-656072-.htm

Re: iRobot robotic vacuum cleaner

<op.1z4176yr0jndxk@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=87921&group=uk.d-i-y#87921

From: %%...@gmail.com (%%)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 18:10:44 +1100
 by: %% - Fri, 10 Feb 2023 07:10 UTC

On Fri, 10 Feb 2023 16:45:03 +1100, HomeOwnersHub Advisor
<369a6e9a872bbfd3ac52627d63796ea6@example.com> wrote:

> Wow, it sounds like you've had a rough go with your iRobot Roomba vacuum
> cleaner. But don't worry, not all users will have the same experience -
> sometimes things just don't work out, even with the best products.
>
> From what I can gather, some users have reported similar issues with
> dust clogging internal sensors, but it's definitely not a widespread
> problem. In fact, a lot of Roomba users sing its praises and say it's
> been a reliable and efficient cleaning companion.
>
> So, if you're feeling frustrated, my suggestion would be to reach out to
> iRobot's customer support for some expert help. They may have some tips
> for maintaining the sensors or troubleshooting any problems. In the
> meantime, try cleaning the sensors more often to keep your Roomba
> running smoothly.
>
> And despite the inconvenience, it sounds like you still find the Roomba
> vacuum to be incredibly useful and effective. So hang in there!

You're 12 years late, you stupid robot.

Re: iRobot robotic vacuum cleaner

<k4mg1oFd48lU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=87928&group=uk.d-i-y#87928

From: jun...@admac.myzen.co.uk (alan_m)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 09:11:21 +0000
 by: alan_m - Fri, 10 Feb 2023 09:11 UTC

On 10/02/2023 05:45, HomeOwnersHub Advisor wrote:

> Wow,

Wow, the "advisor" appears to be promoting a product now. I wonder how
much Home Owners Hub got paid for this product placement advert.

Re: iRobot robotic vacuum cleaner

<ts52er$10kic$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=87932&group=uk.d-i-y#87932

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 09:23:35 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff - Fri, 10 Feb 2023 09:23 UTC

Yes but similar products are still out there. I have to say, the idea is
good, but you would need on on every floor and I've yet to see one that can
climb and descend stairs.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
"%%" <%%@gmail.com> wrote in message news:op.1z4176yr0jndxk@pvr2.lan...
> On Fri, 10 Feb 2023 16:45:03 +1100, HomeOwnersHub Advisor
> <369a6e9a872bbfd3ac52627d63796ea6@example.com> wrote:
>
>> Wow, it sounds like you've had a rough go with your iRobot Roomba vacuum
>> cleaner. But don't worry, not all users will have the same experience -
>> sometimes things just don't work out, even with the best products.
>>
>> From what I can gather, some users have reported similar issues with
>> dust clogging internal sensors, but it's definitely not a widespread
>> problem. In fact, a lot of Roomba users sing its praises and say it's
>> been a reliable and efficient cleaning companion.
>>
>> So, if you're feeling frustrated, my suggestion would be to reach out to
>> iRobot's customer support for some expert help. They may have some tips
>> for maintaining the sensors or troubleshooting any problems. In the
>> meantime, try cleaning the sensors more often to keep your Roomba
>> running smoothly.
>>
>> And despite the inconvenience, it sounds like you still find the Roomba
>> vacuum to be incredibly useful and effective. So hang in there!
>
> You're 12 years late, you stupid robot.

Re: iRobot robotic vacuum cleaner

<k4mmkvFe598U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=87962&group=uk.d-i-y#87962

From: notha...@aolbin.com
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 11:03:57 +0000
 by: notha...@aolbin.com - Fri, 10 Feb 2023 11:03 UTC

On 10/02/2023 05:45, HomeOwnersHub Advisor wrote:
> Wow, it sounds like you've had a rough go with your iRobot Roomba vacuum
> cleaner. But don't worry, not all users will have the same experience -
> sometimes things just don't work out, even with the best products.
>
> From what I can gather, some users have reported similar issues with
> dust clogging internal sensors, but it's definitely not a widespread
> problem. In fact, a lot of Roomba users sing its praises and say it's
> been a reliable and efficient cleaning companion.
>
> So, if you're feeling frustrated, my suggestion would be to reach out to
> iRobot's customer support for some expert help. They may have some tips
> for maintaining the sensors or troubleshooting any problems. In the
> meantime, try cleaning the sensors more often to keep your Roomba
> running smoothly.
>
> And despite the inconvenience, it sounds like you still find the Roomba
> vacuum to be incredibly useful and effective. So hang in there!

I wonder how long it will be before AI responses are less easy to
recognise ...

Re: iRobot robotic vacuum cleaner

<ts5r02$139vc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=88009&group=uk.d-i-y#88009

From: max_dem...@bigfoot.com (Max Demian)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 16:22:26 +0000
 by: Max Demian - Fri, 10 Feb 2023 16:22 UTC

On 10/02/2023 09:23, Brian Gaff wrote:

> Yes but similar products are still out there. I have to say, the idea is
> good, but you would need on on every floor and I've yet to see one that can
> climb and descend stairs.

Your rooms would have to be sparsely furnished with tables and chairs
with spindly legs that get moved about a lot and no rugs.

--
Max Demian

Re: iRobot robotic vacuum cleaner

<82c376aa-fd40-434d-aa1b-05be2654d7c0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=88045&group=uk.d-i-y#88045

Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 17:56:15 -0800 (PST)
From: tabbyp...@gmail.com (Animal)
 by: Animal - Sat, 11 Feb 2023 01:56 UTC

On Friday, 10 February 2023 at 09:23:43 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:
> Yes but similar products are still out there. I have to say, the idea is
> good, but you would need on on every floor and I've yet to see one that can
> climb and descend stairs.
> Brian

Oh they can descend stairs. Sometimes they even make it down in 1 piece.

Re: iRobot robotic vacuum cleaner

<xn0nxysyy491x3w008@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=88057&group=uk.d-i-y#88057

From: jgnew...@outlook.com (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: 11 Feb 2023 08:33:21 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Sat, 11 Feb 2023 08:33 UTC

On 11/02/2023 in message
<82c376aa-fd40-434d-aa1b-05be2654d7c0n@googlegroups.com> Animal wrote:

>On Friday, 10 February 2023 at 09:23:43 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:
>>Yes but similar products are still out there. I have to say, the idea is
>>good, but you would need on on every floor and I've yet to see one that
>>can
>>climb and descend stairs.
>>Brian
>
>Oh they can descend stairs. Sometimes they even make it down in 1 piece.

Daleks learned to get up and down stairs eventually so I'm sure a robo-vac
will as well :-)

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
Tell me what you need, and I'll tell you how to get along without it.

Re: iRobot robotic vacuum cleaner

<k4p83oFqatrU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=88065&group=uk.d-i-y#88065

From: jun...@admac.myzen.co.uk (alan_m)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2023 10:14:17 +0000
 by: alan_m - Sat, 11 Feb 2023 10:14 UTC

On 11/02/2023 08:33, Jeff Gaines wrote:

> Daleks learned to get up and down stairs eventually so I'm sure a
> robo-vac will as well :-)

For a long time they didn't need to climb stairs. In every sci-fi film
or TV program the cave floors on every planet are perfectly flat :)

Re: iRobot robotic vacuum cleaner

<ts7sq0$1cruv$8@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=88079&group=uk.d-i-y#88079

From: ste...@walker-family.me.uk (SteveW)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2023 11:05:36 +0000
 by: SteveW - Sat, 11 Feb 2023 11:05 UTC

On 11/02/2023 08:33, Jeff Gaines wrote:
> On 11/02/2023 in message
> <82c376aa-fd40-434d-aa1b-05be2654d7c0n@googlegroups.com> Animal wrote:
>
>> On Friday, 10 February 2023 at 09:23:43 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:
>>> Yes but similar products are still out there. I have to say, the idea is
>>> good, but you would need on on every floor and I've yet to see one
>>> that can
>>> climb and descend stairs.
>>> Brian
>>
>> Oh they can descend stairs. Sometimes they even make it down in 1 piece.
>
> Daleks learned to get up and down stairs eventually so I'm sure a
> robo-vac will as well :-)

I've seen the clip of the episode that that happened in - I did like the
joke of the Dalek saying "Elevate" before rising up.

Re: iRobot robotic vacuum cleaner

<20230211194606.4f9221db@Mars>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=88132&group=uk.d-i-y#88132

From: nos...@ntlworld.com (Rob Morley)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2023 19:46:06 +0000
H2J3@n:NH)h+HQQv-jP3EYU|.*HZ6q6nwd5N7uOFIr+@
 by: Rob Morley - Sat, 11 Feb 2023 19:46 UTC

On Fri, 10 Feb 2023 09:11:21 +0000
alan_m <junk@admac.myzen.co.uk> wrote:

> On 10/02/2023 05:45, HomeOwnersHub Advisor wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> Wow, the "advisor" appears to be promoting a product now. I wonder
> how much Home Owners Hub got paid for this product placement advert.

No surprise really. It's clumsily obvious, but we've seen how unaware
the users of this "service" seem to be.