I can't mate in captivity. -- Gloria Steinem, on why she has never married.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts across cyclist

SubjectAuthor
* Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts across cyclistswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts across cyclistswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-fairy-scooter rider cutsJNugent
|`- Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-fairy-scooter rider cutsJNugent
+* Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts across cyclistswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts acrossJNugent
|`- Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts acrossSpike
+* Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts across cyclistswldx...@gmail.com
|`* Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts acrossJNugent
| `- Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts acrossSpike
+* Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts across cyclistswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts acrossJNugent
|`- Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts acrossSpike
+* Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts across cyclistswldx...@gmail.com
|`* Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts acrossJNugent
| `- Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts acrossSpike
+- Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts across cyclistswldx...@gmail.com
`* Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts across cyclistswldx...@gmail.com
 +- Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts acrossSpike
 `* Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts across cyclistswldx...@gmail.com
  +- Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts acrossSpike
  `* Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts across cyclistswldx...@gmail.com
   +- Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts acrossJNugent
   `- Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts across cyclistswldx...@gmail.com

1
Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts across cyclist

<43be1795-e6c1-45f0-aff8-08ca2ab75280n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8706&group=uk.rec.cycling#8706

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 07:07:39 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts across cyclist
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 14:07 UTC

A cyclist in south west London who was riding slowly around the back of an ambulance in south west London got a bit of a shock to find an e-scooter rider coming the wrong way down a one-way street cutting across her path then heading through a No Entry sign.

The incident happened last Friday 15 April at the junction of Cowleaze Road and the A307 in Kingston-upon-Thames in south west London.

The footage was shot by road.cc reader jaysa, who told us: “I’m dawdling up a bus lane expecting to sync with the lights ahead changing to green.

“A private ambulance is stationary across the bus lane, so I creep behind him super slow as I can’t see past … and encounter a scooter on the wrong side of the road, riding too fast for his visibility, turning through the No Entry sign and on the wrong side of the emerging car.

“I came to a halt a foot away from him ... luckily I was creeping round the back of the van as I couldn't see far. But definitely didn't expect that!

“I'm all for scooters but not when ridden by Herberts,” jaysa added.

As the law currently stands, it is illegal to use privately-owned e-scooters on public roads, and police regularly confiscate them, with riders potentially facing charges including driving a motor vehicle with no insurance.

With approval from the Department for Transport, some London boroughs – but not Kingston-upon-Thames – are participating in a scheme under which e-scooters may be hired, provided the user fulfils several criteria including being aged 18 or over and having a full or provisional driving licence.

Three rental firms – Dott, Lime and Tier – are involved in the trial which began in July 2021, but the one in the video does not appear to belong to any of those companies.

https://road.cc/content/news/nmotd-753-292169

Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts across cyclist

<0463fe51-994f-4f45-9da7-92f29dd6ca6bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8712&group=uk.rec.cycling#8712

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 07:14:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 14:14 UTC

biker phil | 708 posts | 20 hours ago
3 likes

The E Scooter riders are a bloody menace round my way. I did, however have a great laugh the other week. As I was coming home in the car, I indicated to pull across the road so I could reverse into my drive. A youth on an E Scooter screamed past my drive on the pavement at warp speed, narrowly missing me. 50 yards down the pavement and he hit a grid and cartwheeled down the pavement, and spent the next five minutes sitting there rubbing his arms, legs, ankles etc. I did consider walking down to see how he was, but would probably have pissed myself and told him it was his own fault for riding like a dickhead. He got up and disappeared, so was obviously OK. He did, howver, almost face plant the rear of a parked car, so it could have been much worse. He could have damaged the car.

Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-fairy-scooter rider cuts across fairy-cyclist

<jcigmhF95siU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8718&group=uk.rec.cycling#8718

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-fairy-scooter rider cuts
across fairy-cyclist
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 15:27:29 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 14:27 UTC

> A cyclist in south west London who was riding slowly around the back of an ambulance in south west London got a bit of a shock to find an e-scooter rider coming the wrong way down a one-way street cutting across her path then heading through a No Entry sign.

Would it have been a surprise to the fairy-cyclist to find another
fairy-cyclist coming the wrong way down a one-way street?

If not, what's the difference?

NB: Fairy-cyclists: never fairy-cycle into any space into which you
cannot and therefore cannot know what else might already be there (eg, a
pedestrian, maybe a small child) or what may be approaching (eg, another
fairy-cyclist or an E-fairy-biker, or even an HGV).

You know it makes sense.

Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts across cyclist

<0a0c4bb1-9b4c-4f89-9a29-e58f9184d6fdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8719&group=uk.rec.cycling#8719

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 07:28:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 14:28 UTC

Sriracha replied to biker phil | 3126 posts | 19 hours ago
1 like

Maybe escooters should be more like ebikes, and only provide assistance to your own effort. Might deter the hooligan element.

Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-fairy-scooter rider cuts across fairy-cyclist

<jcih8sF95siU6@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8727&group=uk.rec.cycling#8727

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
across fairy-cyclist
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 15:37:17 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 14:37 UTC

On 23/04/2022 03:27 pm, JNugent wrote:

> On 23/04/2022 03:07 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> A cyclist in south west London who was riding slowly around the back
>> of an ambulance in south west London got a bit of a shock to find an
>> e-scooter rider coming the wrong way down a one-way street cutting
>> across her path then heading through a No Entry sign.

> Would it have been a surprise to the fairy-cyclist to find another
> fairy-cyclist coming the wrong way down a one-way street?

> If not, what's the difference?

> NB: Fairy-cyclists: never fairy-cycle into any space into which you
> cannot and therefore cannot know what else might already be there (eg, a
> pedestrian, maybe a small child) or what may be approaching (eg, another
> fairy-cyclist or an E-fairy-biker, or even an HGV).

Erratum (my error):

That should have had an extra word or three, reading thus:

NB: Fairy-cyclists: never fairy-cycle into any space into which you
cannot see as you approach and therefore cannot know what else might
already be there (eg, a pedestrian, maybe a small child) or what may be
approaching (eg, another fairy-cyclist or an E-fairy-biker, or even an HGV).

> You know it makes sense.

Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts across fairy-cyclist

<jcihajF95siU7@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8728&group=uk.rec.cycling#8728

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts across
fairy-cyclist
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 15:38:12 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 14:38 UTC

> Sriracha replied to biker phil | 3126 posts | 19 hours ago
>
> Maybe escooters should be more like ebikes, and only provide assistance to your own effort. Might deter the hooligan element.

How *would* that deter fairy-cyclists?

Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts across cyclist

<66730a87-f3a7-4572-bc88-2c54b060de78n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8729&group=uk.rec.cycling#8729

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 07:38:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 14:38 UTC

On Saturday, April 23, 2022 at 3:07:41 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

QUOTE: As the law currently stands, it is illegal to use privately-owned e-scooters on public roads, and police regularly confiscate them, with riders potentially facing charges including driving a motor vehicle with no insurance. ENDS

CHECK THE CCTV THEN

Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts across fairy-cyclist

<jcihljF9bhnU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8730&group=uk.rec.cycling#8730

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
fairy-cyclist
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 15:44:04 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 14:44 UTC

> On Saturday, April 23, 2022 at 3:07:41 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> QUOTE: As the law currently stands, it is illegal to use privately-owned e-scooters on public roads, and police regularly confiscate them, with riders potentially facing charges including driving a motor vehicle with no insurance. ENDS
>
> CHECK THE CCTV THEN

As the law currently stands, it is illegal to fairy-cycle along footways
on a fairy-bike.

As the law currently stands, it is illegal to fairy-cycle the wrong way
along a one-way street, on or off the footway, on a fairy-bike.

As the law currently stands, it is illegal to fairy-cycle on a
fairy-bike in any area reserved for the use of pedestrians.

As the law currently stands, it is illegal to fairy-cycle past any red
traffic light on a fairy-bike.

Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts across cyclist

<ff960bd3-cce6-4e43-9890-419bb853e670n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8731&group=uk.rec.cycling#8731

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 07:46:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 14:46 UTC

On Saturday, April 23, 2022 at 3:07:41 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> Three rental firms – Dott, Lime and Tier – are involved in the trial which began in July 2021, but the one in the video does not appear to belong to any of those companies.

Illegal scooter then - crush it.

Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts across fairy-cyclist

<jciildF9gm1U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8734&group=uk.rec.cycling#8734

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
fairy-cyclist
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 16:01:01 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 15:01 UTC

> On Saturday, April 23, 2022 at 3:07:41 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>

>> Three rental firms – Dott, Lime and Tier – are involved in the trial which began in July 2021, but the one in the video does not appear to belong to any of those companies.
>
> Illegal scooter then - crush it.

And do the same to the fairy-cycle of any fairy-cyclist who breaks the
law (eg, wrong way in a one way street, disobeying traffic lights,
fairy-cycling on the footway, etc, etc).

Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts across cyclist

<962210a2-d465-4c9f-bd2d-bcecc7562bcan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8735&group=uk.rec.cycling#8735

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 09:09:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 16:09 UTC

QUOTE: “A private ambulance is stationary across the bus lane" ENDS

What was this vehicle doing COMPLETELY blocking the bus lane?
It was not safe to emerge past the give way line.
WAIT UNTIL IT IS.

Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts across fairy-cyclist

<jcin48FabadU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8736&group=uk.rec.cycling#8736

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
fairy-cyclist
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 17:17:13 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 16:17 UTC

> QUOTE: “A private ambulance is stationary across the bus lane" ENDS
>
> What was this vehicle doing COMPLETELY blocking the bus lane?

Probably collecting (or delivering) the body of a deceased human being.

That's what a "private ambulance" does.

Have a little respect, you utter *idiot*.

Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts across cyclist

<3cb4d17a-1f4b-42be-9237-0efe29bf28cbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8739&group=uk.rec.cycling#8739

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 11:07:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 18:07 UTC

QUOTE: “I'm all for scooters but not when ridden by Herberts,” jaysa added. ENDS

Good luck with that - they seem to attract them like moths to a flame.

Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts across cyclist

<jckhmeFku60U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8750&group=uk.rec.cycling#8750

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
cyclist
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 08:56:51 +0000
 by: Spike - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 08:56 UTC

On 23/04/2022 14:28, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> Sriracha replied to biker phil | 3126 posts | 19 hours ago
> 1 like

> Maybe escooters should be more like ebikes, and only provide assistance to your own effort. Might deter the hooligan element.

And what would you suggest for deterring the hooligan element of the
cycling world?

--
Spike

Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts across fairy-cyclist

<jckhnoFku60U6@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8754&group=uk.rec.cycling#8754

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
fairy-cyclist
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 08:57:32 +0000
 by: Spike - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 08:57 UTC

On 23/04/2022 14:44, JNugent wrote:
> On 23/04/2022 03:38 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> On Saturday, April 23, 2022 at 3:07:41 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> QUOTE: As the law currently stands, it is illegal to use privately-owned e-scooters on public roads, and police regularly confiscate them, with riders potentially facing charges including driving a motor vehicle with no insurance. ENDS

>> CHECK THE CCTV THEN

> As the law currently stands, it is illegal to fairy-cycle along footways
> on a fairy-bike.

> As the law currently stands, it is illegal to fairy-cycle the wrong way
> along a one-way street, on or off the footway, on a fairy-bike.

> As the law currently stands, it is illegal to fairy-cycle on a
> fairy-bike in any area reserved for the use of pedestrians.

> As the law currently stands, it is illegal to fairy-cycle past any red
> traffic light on a fairy-bike.

Well said.

--
Spike

Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts across cyclist

<jckho2Fku60U7@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8755&group=uk.rec.cycling#8755

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
cyclist
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 08:57:42 +0000

On 23/04/2022 14:46, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, April 23, 2022 at 3:07:41 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> Three rental firms – Dott, Lime and Tier – are involved in the trial which began in July 2021, but the one in the video does not appear to belong to any of those companies.

> Illegal scooter then - crush it.

Illegal cycling - crush the cycle.

--
Spike

Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts across fairy-cyclist

<jckhp5Fku60U9@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8757&group=uk.rec.cycling#8757

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
fairy-cyclist
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 08:58:17 +0000
 by: Spike - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 08:58 UTC

On 23/04/2022 16:17, JNugent wrote:
> On 23/04/2022 05:09 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> QUOTE: “A private ambulance is stationary across the bus lane" ENDS

>> What was this vehicle doing COMPLETELY blocking the bus lane?

> Probably collecting (or delivering) the body of a deceased human being.

> That's what a "private ambulance" does.

> Have a little respect, you utter *idiot*.

Fat chance. swldx...@gmail.com is blinded by the righteousness of his
crusade.

--
Spike

Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts across cyclist

<1d5247d9-078e-4e8b-adf7-5db8d7ae0246n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8766&group=uk.rec.cycling#8766

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 03:21:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 10:21 UTC

QUOTE: With approval from the Department for Transport, some London boroughs – but not Kingston-upon-Thames – are participating in a scheme under which e-scooters may be hired, provided the user fulfils several criteria including being aged 18 or over and having a full or provisional driving licence. ENDS

Which can be removed from the "driver".

Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts across cyclist

<jckp3bFmc1tU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8784&group=uk.rec.cycling#8784

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
cyclist
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 11:03:07 +0000
 by: Spike - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 11:03 UTC

On 24/04/2022 10:21, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> QUOTE: With approval from the Department for Transport, some London boroughs – but not Kingston-upon-Thames – are participating in a scheme under which e-scooters may be hired, provided the user fulfils several criteria including being aged 18 or over and having a full or provisional driving licence. ENDS

> Which can be removed from the "driver".

Best not to hire one, then, just use one's own.

--
Spike

Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts across cyclist

<61448874-dd0b-42e8-a88b-1f20c4ab344dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8791&group=uk.rec.cycling#8791

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 05:59:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 12:59 UTC

On Sunday, April 24, 2022 at 11:21:32 AM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> QUOTE: With approval from the Department for Transport, some London boroughs – but not Kingston-upon-Thames – are participating in a scheme under which e-scooters may be hired, provided the user fulfils several criteria including being aged 18 or over and having a full or provisional driving licence. ENDS
>
> Which can be removed from the "driver".

Doesn't say if you can be banned for drinking alcohol and using one of these scooters - I expect that you can.

Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts across cyclist

<jcn45aF5mudU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8807&group=uk.rec.cycling#8807

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
cyclist
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 08:24:11 +0000
 by: Spike - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 08:24 UTC

On 24/04/2022 12:59, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, April 24, 2022 at 11:21:32 AM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> QUOTE: With approval from the Department for Transport, some London boroughs – but not Kingston-upon-Thames – are participating in a scheme under which e-scooters may be hired, provided the user fulfils several criteria including being aged 18 or over and having a full or provisional driving licence. ENDS

>> Which can be removed from the "driver".

> Doesn't say if you can be banned for drinking alcohol and using one of these scooters - I expect that you can.

And on what do you base that speculation?

--
Spike

Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts across cyclist

<bdf040a4-3003-4640-941c-69597ad53529n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8816&group=uk.rec.cycling#8816

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 04:20:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 11:20 UTC

On Sunday, April 24, 2022 at 1:59:43 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, April 24, 2022 at 11:21:32 AM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > QUOTE: With approval from the Department for Transport, some London boroughs – but not Kingston-upon-Thames – are participating in a scheme under which e-scooters may be hired, provided the user fulfils several criteria including being aged 18 or over and having a full or provisional driving licence. ENDS
> >
> > Which can be removed from the "driver".
> Doesn't say if you can be banned for drinking alcohol and using one of these scooters - I expect that you can.

Their licence can be endorsed with points as well. Thanks to "pip" for the info.

Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts across fairy-cyclist

<jcngp8F84s3U4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8826&group=uk.rec.cycling#8826

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
fairy-cyclist
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 12:59:38 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 11:59 UTC

Speaking to himself...

> On Sunday, April 24, 2022 at 1:59:43 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

Speaking to himself...

>> On Sunday, April 24, 2022 at 11:21:32 AM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> QUOTE: With approval from the Department for Transport, some London boroughs – but not Kingston-upon-Thames – are participating in a scheme under which e-scooters may be hired, provided the user fulfils several criteria including being aged 18 or over and having a full or provisional driving licence. ENDS
>
>>> Which can be removed from the "driver".

>> Doesn't say if you can be banned for drinking alcohol and using one of these scooters - I expect that you can.
>
> Their licence can be endorsed with points as well. Thanks to "pip" for the info.

What happens to fairy-cyclists who cycle under the influence?

For example, riding home at night from the pub whilst over the
drink-drive limit and boasting about it on usenet?

Re: Near Miss of the Day 753: Wrong-way e-scooter rider cuts across cyclist

<b4bcb383-08ce-40e8-92db-2a7494b74a7an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8831&group=uk.rec.cycling#8831

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 07:51:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 14:51 UTC

> > > Which can be removed from the "driver".
> > Doesn't say if you can be banned for drinking alcohol and using one of these scooters - I expect that you can.
> Their licence can be endorsed with points as well. Thanks to "pip" for the info.

I must have missed this explanation - thanks "pip".