From: ton...@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Ukraine
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 18:45:49 +0100
 by: Tone - Wed, 6 Apr 2022 17:45 UTC

Any wise sheddi got a solution to Spewtin's invasion of Ukraine?

Personally I would suggest that NATO and the UN move into Ukraine right
now as a Peace Keeping Force en mass whilst he is withdrawing and
regrouping his troops for a consolidated attack on the Black Sea coast.

How can we just sit and watch the decimation of a nation?

If you saw an ignorant bully attacking somebody on the street, would you
do nowt?

Tone

Re: Ukraine

<t2kt6m$9ig$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8835&group=uk.rec.sheds#8835

From: chr...@mshome.net (Chris Elvidge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: Ukraine
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 21:29:10 +0100
 by: Chris Elvidge - Wed, 6 Apr 2022 20:29 UTC

On 06/04/2022 18:45, Tone wrote:
> Any wise sheddi got a solution to Spewtin's invasion of Ukraine?
>
> Personally I would suggest that NATO and the UN move into Ukraine right
> now as a Peace Keeping Force en mass whilst he is withdrawing and
> regrouping his troops for a consolidated attack on the Black Sea coast.
>
> How can we just sit and watch the decimation of a nation?
>
> If you saw an ignorant bully attacking somebody on the street, would you
> do nowt?
>
> Tone

Hypersonic missile through Kremlin front door
Or deorbit a satellite onto it (by mistake obv)

--
Chris Elvidge
England

Re: Ukraine

<20220406215048.37e108d04ebcf89ef5d34745@eircom.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8843&group=uk.rec.sheds#8843

From: ste...@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 21:50:48 +0100
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Wed, 6 Apr 2022 20:50 UTC

On Wed, 6 Apr 2022 18:45:49 +0100
Tone <tone@email.com> wrote:

> Any wise sheddi got a solution to Spewtin's invasion of Ukraine?

That'd be nice.

> Personally I would suggest that NATO and the UN move into Ukraine right
> now as a Peace Keeping Force en mass whilst he is withdrawing and
> regrouping his troops for a consolidated attack on the Black Sea coast.

The Ukraine would have to invite them to do that otherwise it's
just another invasion and there's a danger of it winding up being NATO vs.
Russia with the Ukraine as the battleground - unless Putin goes Strangelove
on us which gets more likely in that scenario.

It might also be just what it takes to get China off the fence - on
the wrong side - and that would be a global disaster.

> How can we just sit and watch the decimation of a nation?

We got an object lesson in how wars can spread uncontrollably a
while back - nobody wants another one.

> If you saw an ignorant bully attacking somebody on the street, would you
> do nowt?

Depends - if said ignorant bully happens to be heavily armed and
belligerent then I'd think twice about interfering and plan carefully if I
did interfere. Bully beating the penc out of someone is bad, bully hosing
neighbourhood with bullets is worse - especially if some of them go through
me!

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Re: Ukraine

<20220406221548.b9429429ee2c2c5d7aaa2bb9@eircom.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8850&group=uk.rec.sheds#8850

From: ste...@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 22:15:48 +0100
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Wed, 6 Apr 2022 21:15 UTC

On Wed, 6 Apr 2022 21:29:10 +0100
Chris Elvidge <chris@mshome.net> wrote:

> Hypersonic missile through Kremlin front door
> Or deorbit a satellite onto it (by mistake obv)

One of the worrying aspects of the upcoming availability of heavy
launch vehicles is that it may make the idea of putting thousands of RSJs
with deorbit motors up - just imagine a few hundred scything through a city
at seven miles a second.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Re: Ukraine

<slrnt4s1v0.9dt.maus@dmaus.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8852&group=uk.rec.sheds#8852

From: mau...@dmaus.org (maus)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 6 Apr 2022 21:36:32 GMT
 by: maus - Wed, 6 Apr 2022 21:36 UTC

On 2022-04-06, Tone <tone@email.com> wrote:
> Any wise sheddi got a solution to Spewtin's invasion of Ukraine?
>
> Personally I would suggest that NATO and the UN move into Ukraine right
> now as a Peace Keeping Force en mass whilst he is withdrawing and
> regrouping his troops for a consolidated attack on the Black Sea coast.
>
> How can we just sit and watch the decimation of a nation?
>
> If you saw an ignorant bully attacking somebody on the street, would you
> do nowt?
>
> Tone

Yes, definately, thats how a lot of innocent people get killed. How is
the US going to get their Special Forces out of mariepol?

--
greymausg@mail.com
That's not a mousehole!

Re: Ukraine

<jb948bFam9gU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8880&group=uk.rec.sheds#8880

From: mik...@tauzero.co.uk (Mike Fleming)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2022 22:43:36 +0100
 by: Mike Fleming - Thu, 7 Apr 2022 21:43 UTC

On 06/04/2022 18:45, Tone wrote:
> Any wise sheddi got a solution to Spewtin's invasion of Ukraine?
>
> Personally I would suggest that NATO and the UN move into Ukraine right
> now as a Peace Keeping Force en mass whilst he is withdrawing and
> regrouping his troops for a consolidated attack on the Black Sea coast.
>
> How can we just sit and watch the decimation of a nation?
>
> If you saw an ignorant bully attacking somebody on the street, would you
> do nowt?

The reason given for not intervening is that it would start WW3. I think
that ship's already sailed. What will the other Nato countries do if
Putin moves into (for example) Moldova and mentions having nuclear
weapons? Refrain from any action again?

The veto that the five permanent members of the UN Security Council
should be abolished. It has been used far too often to defend the
indefensible - in this case Russia, but the US has vetoed criticism of
Israel and China has defended North Korea.

I feel that it is time for some form of military intervention by Nato/EU
forces to drive Russia back out of Ukraine.