<n3tg0d> has /usr/bin/emacs been put into /etc/shells yet? :P

aus+uk / uk.rec.motorcycles / Re: Pillion Issue

SubjectAuthor
* Pillion IssueBoots
+* Pillion Issuewessie
|`* Pillion IssueBoots
| `* Pillion IssueBoots
|  `* Pillion IssueMark Olson
|   +- Pillion Issuewessie
|   `* Pillion Issuecrn
|    `* Pillion IssueMark Olson
|     `- Pillion Issuewessie
+* Pillion IssuePete Fisher
|`- Pillion IssueBoots
+* Pillion Issuesiwilson
|+* Pillion IssueColin Irvine
||`- Pillion Issueogden
|`- Pillion IssueBoots
+* Pillion IssueColin Irvine
|`* Pillion IssueBoots
| `* Pillion IssueBoots
|  `- Pillion Issuesweller
+- Pillion IssueMike Fleming
`- Pillion IssueBen Blaney

1
Pillion Issue

<q2bufi-b7g1.ln1@bilbo.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8714&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#8714

From: new...@millhouse-communications.co.uk (Boots)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: Pillion Issue
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 19:00:10 +0800
 by: Boots - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 11:00 UTC

Warning motorcycle related content.

Last year the self loading luggage unfortunately had a series of strokes, she's
made a recovery but her ability to walk on uneven ground is curtailed and can no
longer get onto the pillion perch of the BMW. She can still clamber onto the
little scooter but of course it is way lower.

I've tried a few things amongst being the therapist making a temporary wider
peg. However, it occurred to me today that a peg lowering kit might be an
option[1] most of the links I've followed have ended up being dead and/or for
different models. Anyone tried a similar solution for a similar problem? I have
a query out with a couple of shops in China that may yield a result.

Continuing the same vein as it were there's potential trip to Japan hiring bikes
on arrival but I am reluctant to commit if it turns out to be a non starter once
we get there. Her brother suggested https://tinyurl.com/263jheav albeit I am not
sure if hiring such a behemoth is even an option, when I saw the original list
I'd have plumped for a Tracer being fairly similar sized to the BMW and in the
mid price range. Any thoughts on something easy for someone with limited
mobility to get on[2].

[1] We'll worry about getting on with luggage in place if that works.
[2] If we're going to continue to tour from here I may need to chop the BMW in
for something easier for madam but foreign manufactured is so expensive. BMW is
a Thai model so tax is way less than say Europe or Japan.
--
Ian

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of
the last priest"

Re: Pillion Issue

<XnsAE58773464B51wtymmmsas@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8716&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#8716

From: willnotw...@tesco.net (wessie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: Re: Pillion Issue
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 11:43:06 -0000 (UTC)
 by: wessie - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 11:43 UTC

Boots <news@millhouse-communications.co.uk> wrote in

> Warning motorcycle related content.
>
> Last year the self loading luggage unfortunately had a series of
> strokes, she's made a recovery but her ability to walk on uneven
> ground is curtailed and can no longer get onto the pillion perch of
> the BMW. She can still clamber onto the little scooter but of course
> it is way lower.
>
> I've tried a few things amongst being the therapist making a temporary
> wider peg. However, it occurred to me today that a peg lowering kit
> might be an option[1] most of the links I've followed have ended up
> being dead and/or for different models. Anyone tried a similar
> solution for a similar problem? I have a query out with a couple of
> shops in China that may yield a result.

I have some peg lowering adapters made by MV Motorrad on my R1200RS.
They drop the pegs an inch which reduces my knee bend, increasing long
distance comfort, but make no difference to mounting the bike.

> Continuing the same vein as it were there's potential trip to Japan
> hiring bikes on arrival but I am reluctant to commit if it turns out
> to be a non starter once we get there. Her brother suggested
> https://tinyurl.com/263jheav albeit I am not sure if hiring such a
> behemoth is even an option, when I saw the original list I'd have
> plumped for a Tracer being fairly similar sized to the BMW and in the
> mid price range. Any thoughts on something easy for someone with
> limited mobility to get on[2].
>
> [1] We'll worry about getting on with luggage in place if that works.
> [2] If we're going to continue to tour from here I may need to chop
> the BMW in for something easier for madam but foreign manufactured is
> so expensive. BMW is a Thai model so tax is way less than say Europe
> or Japan.

What about a super scoot like the Tmax or the Honda X-ADV? She could
mount into the rider position and shuffle back before you get on.

Re: Pillion Issue

<j93gfcF5i2cU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8717&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#8717

From: pet...@ps-fisher.demon.co.uk (Pete Fisher)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 12:02:50 +0000
 by: Pete Fisher - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 12:02 UTC

On 12/03/2022 11:00, Boots wrote:
> Warning motorcycle related content.
>
> Last year the self loading luggage unfortunately had a series of strokes, she's
> made a recovery but her ability to walk on uneven ground is curtailed and can no
> longer get onto the pillion perch of the BMW. She can still clamber onto the
> little scooter but of course it is way lower.
>
> I've tried a few things amongst being the therapist making a temporary wider
> peg. However, it occurred to me today that a peg lowering kit might be an
> option[1] most of the links I've followed have ended up being dead and/or for
> different models. Anyone tried a similar solution for a similar problem? I have
> a query out with a couple of shops in China that may yield a result.

SWMBO found getting on/off and sitting on the ER6n once the Hepco &
Becker panniers were fitted difficult. In her case, the pegs needed to
be higher and further forward.

I found a pair of Chinese made adjustable pegs on Ebay IIRC. They were
actually quite well (CNC?) made and came with brackets and small pins
that gave a good range of fine adjustment up/down/forwards/backwards.
Pretty sure they did them for other machines.

Naturally, I can't find them, or a similar design, googling today - must
have been back in 2016 that I purchased them.

--
Moto Morini 2C/375, Moto Morini 2C/350
Gilera 175 Sport, Husqvarna 401 Svartpilen

Re: Pillion Issue

<j93lfjF6g34U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8720&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#8720

From: siwil...@nodamnspam.hotmail.com (siwilson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 13:28:18 +0000
 by: siwilson - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 13:28 UTC

On 12/03/2022 11:00, Boots wrote:
> Warning motorcycle related content.
>
> Last year the self loading luggage unfortunately had a series of strokes, she's
> made a recovery but her ability to walk on uneven ground is curtailed and can no
> longer get onto the pillion perch of the BMW. She can still clamber onto the
> little scooter but of course it is way lower.

Sorry to read this - I don't think I've mentioned it here but I'm in a
similar/identical situation. W's stroke was just over a year ago now.
Just the one, but that was bad enough. I'm not sure she's ready to be a
HOTB again but we'll see. The little Grom might be easy enougn to get on
and off for when the time comes.

--
/Simon

Re: Pillion Issue

<ceip2hlo5772m0thoprj7rahs08p5fjae7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8723&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#8723

From: loo...@colinandpat.co.uk (Colin Irvine)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 16:28:05 +0000
 by: Colin Irvine - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 16:28 UTC

On Sat, 12 Mar 2022 19:00:10 +0800, Boots
<news@millhouse-communications.co.uk> wrote:

>Warning motorcycle related content.
>
>Last year the self loading luggage unfortunately had a series of strokes, she's
>made a recovery but her ability to walk on uneven ground is curtailed and can no
>longer get onto the pillion perch of the BMW.

Pat always mounts using the riders pegs, then moves to her own. Have
you tried that?

--
Colin Irvine
FJR1300A

Re: Pillion Issue

<phip2hdhuj3pg61qk6nnmpuipr4l0rms0r@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8724&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#8724

From: loo...@colinandpat.co.uk (Colin Irvine)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 16:29:30 +0000
 by: Colin Irvine - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 16:29 UTC

On Sat, 12 Mar 2022 13:28:18 +0000, siwilson
<siwilson@nodamnspam.hotmail.com> wrote:

>Sorry to read this - I don't think I've mentioned it here but I'm in a
>similar/identical situation. W's stroke was just over a year ago now.
>Just the one, but that was bad enough.

In turn, soory to read this. Please wish her well from us.

--
Colin Irvine
FJR1300A

Re: Pillion Issue

<c7nvfi-uk8.ln1@bilbo.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8730&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#8730

From: new...@millhouse-communications.co.uk (Boots)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 07:33:31 +0800
 by: Boots - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 23:33 UTC

On 12/03/2022 20:02 Pete Fisher penned these words:
> On 12/03/2022 11:00, Boots wrote:
>

>> I've tried a few things amongst being the therapist making a temporary wider
>> peg. However, it occurred to me today that a peg lowering kit might be an
>> option[1] most of the links I've followed have ended up being dead and/or for
>> different models. Anyone tried a similar solution for a similar problem? I have
>> a query out with a couple of shops in China that may yield a result.
>

> SWMBO found getting on/off and sitting on the ER6n once the Hepco &
> Becker panniers were fitted difficult. In her case, the pegs needed to
> be higher and further forward.
>
> I found a pair of Chinese made adjustable pegs on Ebay IIRC. They were
> actually quite well (CNC?) made and came with brackets and small pins
> that gave a good range of fine adjustment up/down/forwards/backwards.
> Pretty sure they did them for other machines.

The ones I found on AliExpress were for different models, I've messaged the
shops to see.

> Naturally, I can't find them, or a similar design, googling today - must
> have been back in 2016 that I purchased them.

--
Ian

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of
the last priest"

Re: Pillion Issue

<5fnvfi-uk8.ln1@bilbo.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8731&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#8731

From: new...@millhouse-communications.co.uk (Boots)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 07:37:41 +0800
 by: Boots - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 23:37 UTC

On 12/03/2022 19:43 wessie penned these words:
> What about a super scoot like the Tmax or the Honda X-ADV?

Certainly worth checking, especially the holiday hire.

--
Ian

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of
the last priest"

Re: Pillion Issue

<v9nvfi-uk8.ln1@bilbo.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8732&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#8732

From: new...@millhouse-communications.co.uk (Boots)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 07:34:55 +0800
 by: Boots - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 23:34 UTC

On 13/03/2022 00:28 Colin Irvine penned these words:
> On Sat, 12 Mar 2022 19:00:10 +0800, Boots
> <news@millhouse-communications.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Warning motorcycle related content.
>>
>> Last year the self loading luggage unfortunately had a series of strokes, she's
>> made a recovery but her ability to walk on uneven ground is curtailed and can no
>> longer get onto the pillion perch of the BMW.
>
> Pat always mounts using the riders pegs, then moves to her own. Have
> you tried that?

I did get her to try that but unsuccessfully, maybe we'll revisit that. Thanks

--
Ian

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of
the last priest"

Re: Pillion Issue

<tdnvfi-uk8.ln1@bilbo.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8733&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#8733

From: new...@millhouse-communications.co.uk (Boots)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 07:37:01 +0800
 by: Boots - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 23:37 UTC

On 12/03/2022 21:28 siwilson penned these words:
> On 12/03/2022 11:00, Boots wrote:
>> Warning motorcycle related content.
>>
>> Last year the self loading luggage unfortunately had a series of strokes, she's
>> made a recovery but her ability to walk on uneven ground is curtailed and can no
>> longer get onto the pillion perch of the BMW. She can still clamber onto the
>> little scooter but of course it is way lower.
>
> Sorry to read this - I don't think I've mentioned it here but I'm in a
> similar/identical situation. W's stroke was just over a year ago now.
> Just the one, but that was bad enough. I'm not sure she's ready to be a
> HOTB again but we'll see. The little Grom might be easy enougn to get on
> and off for when the time comes.

Likewise, sad to learn. I hope she continues to improve.

--
Ian

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of
the last priest"

Re: Pillion Issue

<j94t8tFdq1dU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8734&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#8734

From: mik...@tauzero.co.uk (Mike Fleming)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 00:47:24 +0000
 by: Mike Fleming - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 00:47 UTC

On 12/03/2022 11:00, Boots wrote:

> Continuing the same vein as it were there's potential trip to Japan hiring bikes
> on arrival but I am reluctant to commit if it turns out to be a non starter once
> we get there. Her brother suggested https://tinyurl.com/263jheav albeit I am not
> sure if hiring such a behemoth is even an option, when I saw the original list
> I'd have plumped for a Tracer being fairly similar sized to the BMW and in the
> mid price range. Any thoughts on something easy for someone with limited
> mobility to get on[2].
>
> [1] We'll worry about getting on with luggage in place if that works.
> [2] If we're going to continue to tour from here I may need to chop the BMW in
> for something easier for madam but foreign manufactured is so expensive. BMW is
> a Thai model so tax is way less than say Europe or Japan.

Kaz can just about get onto the T120 - she could also just get onto the
Tiger 800, but my left hip has got bad enough so I can't ride it.
However, the Triumph Speedmaster is (AFAIK) made in Thailand and easy
for the gymnastically impaired to get on and off. It does scrape
footpegs if going round corners, but the mid controls from the Bobber
can be fitted to reduce that problem. That is quite a significant step
away from the BMW though.

Re: Pillion Issue

<fhrvfi-ml8.ln1@bilbo.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8735&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#8735

From: new...@millhouse-communications.co.uk (Boots)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 08:47:11 +0800
 by: Boots - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 00:47 UTC

On 13/03/2022 07:37 Boots penned these words:
> On 12/03/2022 19:43 wessie penned these words:
>> What about a super scoot like the Tmax or the Honda X-ADV?
>
> Certainly worth checking, especially the holiday hire.

Bad form etc. Both are on the list of possibilities, we can poodle into town
tomorrow and check the dealer.

--
Ian

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of
the last priest"

Re: Pillion Issue

<t0ksjk$2nf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8740&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#8740

From: ols...@tiny.invalid (Mark Olson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 13:46:28 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mark Olson - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 13:46 UTC

Boots <news@millhouse-communications.co.uk> wrote:
> On 13/03/2022 07:37 Boots penned these words:
>> On 12/03/2022 19:43 wessie penned these words:
>>> What about a super scoot like the Tmax or the Honda X-ADV?
>>
>> Certainly worth checking, especially the holiday hire.
>>

> Bad form etc. Both are on the list of possibilities, we can poodle into town
> tomorrow and check the dealer.

Dog slow?

--
FJR1300A, GL1000, KLR650A6F, EX250J9A, DR200SE, Vespa Ciao

Re: Pillion Issue

<XnsAE598DEE73EA9wtymmmsas@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8741&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#8741

From: willnotw...@tesco.net (wessie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 13:57:09 -0000 (UTC)
 by: wessie - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 13:57 UTC

Mark Olson <olsonm@tiny.invalid> wrote in

> Boots <news@millhouse-communications.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 13/03/2022 07:37 Boots penned these words:
>>> On 12/03/2022 19:43 wessie penned these words:
>>>
>>> Certainly worth checking, especially the holiday hire.
>>>

>> Bad form etc. Both are on the list of possibilities, we can poodle
>> into town tomorrow and check the dealer.
>
> Dog slow?

no, they have the eagerness of a terrier and agility of a border collie.

Re: Pillion Issue

<t0l79q$tl4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8743&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#8743

From: crn...@nospam.com
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 16:49:00 -0000 (UTC)
 by: crn...@nospam.com - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 16:49 UTC

Mark Olson <olsonm@tiny.invalid> wrote:
> Boots <news@millhouse-communications.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 13/03/2022 07:37 Boots penned these words:
>>> On 12/03/2022 19:43 wessie penned these words:
>>>
>>> Certainly worth checking, especially the holiday hire.
>>>

>> Bad form etc. Both are on the list of possibilities, we can poodle into town
>> tomorrow and check the dealer.
>
> Dog slow?

By no means slow, my YP400 was happy at 80+ on the M5.
Any decent 400 should perform well but obviously its not a 750....
The only issue was that it could be a tad sluggish pulling away
from the lights due to the CVT transmission but not really a problem.

--
http://www.netunix.com/

Re: Pillion Issue

<t0m1om$439$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8745&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#8745

From: ols...@tiny.invalid (Mark Olson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 00:20:38 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mark Olson - Mon, 14 Mar 2022 00:20 UTC

crn@nospam.com wrote:
> Mark Olson <olsonm@tiny.invalid> wrote:
>> Boots <news@millhouse-communications.co.uk> wrote:
>>> On 13/03/2022 07:37 Boots penned these words:

>>> Bad form etc. Both are on the list of possibilities, we can poodle into town
>>> tomorrow and check the dealer.
>>
>> Dog slow?
>
> By no means slow, my YP400 was happy at 80+ on the M5.
> Any decent 400 should perform well but obviously its not a 750....
> The only issue was that it could be a tad sluggish pulling away
> from the lights due to the CVT transmission but not really a problem.

<woofsh>

--
FJR1300A, GL1000, KLR650A6F, EX250J9A, DR200SE, Vespa Ciao

Re: Pillion Issue

<XnsAE5AB4C153A9wtymmmsas@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8746&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#8746

From: willnotw...@tesco.net (wessie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 01:06:38 -0000 (UTC)
 by: wessie - Mon, 14 Mar 2022 01:06 UTC

> crn@nospam.com wrote:
>> Mark Olson <olsonm@tiny.invalid> wrote:

>>> Dog slow?
>>
>> By no means slow, my YP400 was happy at 80+ on the M5.
>> Any decent 400 should perform well but obviously its not a 750....
>> The only issue was that it could be a tad sluggish pulling away
>> from the lights due to the CVT transmission but not really a problem.
>
> <woofsh>

I had to be pulled back on the leash to stop me barking out that pun
yesterday.

Re: Pillion Issue

<i183gi-kbv.ln1@bilbo.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8748&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#8748

From: new...@millhouse-communications.co.uk (Boots)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 15:38:58 +0800
 by: Boots - Mon, 14 Mar 2022 07:38 UTC

On 13/03/2022 07:34 Boots penned these words:
> On 13/03/2022 00:28 Colin Irvine penned these words:
>> On Sat, 12 Mar 2022 19:00:10 +0800, Boots
>> <news@millhouse-communications.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> Warning motorcycle related content.
>>>
>>> Last year the self loading luggage unfortunately had a series of strokes, she's
>>> made a recovery but her ability to walk on uneven ground is curtailed and can no
>>> longer get onto the pillion perch of the BMW.
>>
>> Pat always mounts using the riders pegs, then moves to her own. Have
>> you tried that?
>>

> I did get her to try that but unsuccessfully, maybe we'll revisit that. Thanks

After visiting the Honda and Yamaha main agents who were bother super helpful
she cannot manage to get onto the X-ADV which given they have only one in stock
and >100 waiting is no bad thing. "If you want maybe I can get by next year"
Madam enquired after a Goldwing, that's special order from Japan no stock held
list price RM250k, that's not happening that's for sure. She can just about
wriggle onto the T-Max which might be the answer for the hire in Japan if the
trip goes ahead and conceivably for a reluctant swap out.

Armed with the dealers suggestion leave the bike on the side stand[1] get her on
and sorted we did manage on our return albeit with sone huffing and puffing to
get L onto the pillion perch of the BMW. The next this to try is a local ride in
normal riding clothes[2] before repeating in waterproof clothing and with the
luggage fitted, still going to make fuel/toilet breaks prolonged.

[1] I'd 'wrongly' assumed such abuse of the side stand is going to break it
having had that happen on my SOB[3]. The dealers assured me stand will be okay.
[2] T-shirt, shorts, sandals and an open face lid of course.
[3] T120R

--
Ian

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of
the last priest"

Re: Pillion Issue

<3a681ce0-a226-4c6f-8f93-0321b98d64d7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8756&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#8756

Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 11:47:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: elda...@gmail.com (ogden)
 by: ogden - Mon, 14 Mar 2022 18:47 UTC

Colin Irvine wrote:
> siwilson <siwi...@nodamnspam.hotmail.com> wrote:
> >Sorry to read this - I don't think I've mentioned it here but I'm in a
> >similar/identical situation. W's stroke was just over a year ago now.
> >Just the one, but that was bad enough.
>
> In turn, soory to read this.

It's not all bad. He got a motorhome out of it.

Re: Pillion Issue

<928d9aeb-f2ad-430f-80e5-3547a01fd2e5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8785&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#8785

Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 08:54:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: benbla...@gmail.com (Ben Blaney)
 by: Ben Blaney - Wed, 16 Mar 2022 15:54 UTC

On Saturday, March 12, 2022 at 6:03:05 AM UTC-5, Boots wrote:
> Warning motorcycle related content.
>
> Last year the self loading luggage unfortunately had a series of strokes

Sorry to hear that mate.

Re: Pillion Issue

<j9lgprFc6oqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8857&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#8857

From: swel...@mztech.fsnet.co.uk (sweller)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: 19 Mar 2022 07:58:51 GMT
 by: sweller - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 07:58 UTC

Boots wrote:

> [1] I'd 'wrongly' assumed such abuse of the side stand is going to
> break it having had that happen on my SOB[3]. The dealers assured me
> stand will be okay.

It's how I get on and off the tall adventure bikes I've had/have
(XT660Z, 800 Tiger, BMW GS, Norden)

[3] T120R

That's kind of different, a manky old 70s bike isn't really strong
enough - I'm not even sure the frame would cope! I wouldn't dream of
doing it on the Guzzi as its side stand is a bit pipe cleanerish (the
frame would be ok).

--
Simon