From: ton...@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: 80 going on 25
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 02:19:47 +0100
 by: Tone - Fri, 8 Apr 2022 01:19 UTC

Had a wellness check by my GP practice nurse (I think she is getting
betterer) and it seems my Kid Knees, liver, blood pressure, heart beat,
sugar levels, etc.are all fine.

Blimee!

Tiz only my legs and prostate causing me aggro. Oh, and the X^4.

So...... continue getting regularly pissed to deal with the pain (that
they can't measure) then?

If only I could afford it.

"How much do you drink?" she asked.

"Oh, about four or five pints a week," I rep lied with a straight face.

"Next wellness check in your birthday month next year, then," she said.

Will I make 81?

Will any of us make 2023?

Do I care?

Yes I do, but not for me. I've done my three score years and ten, plus ten.

my old mum is 101, but she only gets out of bed to go to the loo, and
she keeps saying tearfully, "I'm lost,Tony! Why am I still here?" whilst
childrens cartoons play on her bedside telly.

Last year she watched the BBC News channel all day long. If you visited
you had to be up with current affairs, including Johson's.

I'm glad she isn't seeing Ukraine. Genoside again.

Given the choice she'd go today and asked me to help her.

I'm deffo not going there. But if she makes 102, perhaps we'll go together.

'We'll all go together when we go...'

Thanks Tom.

Tone

Re: 80 going on 25

<6u515hp6o4942triu3lfhrl0j63coqp10q@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8895&group=uk.rec.sheds#8895

From: nic...@themusicworkshop.plus.com (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: 80 going on 25
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2022 21:15:48 +0100
 by: Nick Odell - Fri, 8 Apr 2022 20:15 UTC

On Fri, 8 Apr 2022 02:19:47 +0100, Tone <tone@email.com> wrote:

>Had a wellness check by my GP practice nurse (I think she is getting
>betterer) and it seems my Kid Knees, liver, blood pressure, heart beat,
>sugar levels, etc.are all fine.
>
>Blimee!
>
>Tiz only my legs and prostate causing me aggro. Oh, and the X^4.
>
>So...... continue getting regularly pissed to deal with the pain (that
>they can't measure) then?
>
>If only I could afford it.
>
>"How much do you drink?" she asked.
>
>"Oh, about four or five pints a week," I rep lied with a straight face.
>
>"Next wellness check in your birthday month next year, then," she said.
>
>Will I make 81?
>
>Will any of us make 2023?
>
>Do I care?
>
>Yes I do, but not for me. I've done my three score years and ten, plus ten.
>
>my old mum is 101, but she only gets out of bed to go to the loo, and
>she keeps saying tearfully, "I'm lost,Tony! Why am I still here?" whilst
>childrens cartoons play on her bedside telly.
>
>Last year she watched the BBC News channel all day long. If you visited
>you had to be up with current affairs, including Johson's.
>
>I'm glad she isn't seeing Ukraine. Genoside again.
>
>Given the choice she'd go today and asked me to help her.
>
>I'm deffo not going there. But if she makes 102, perhaps we'll go together.
>
>'We'll all go together when we go...'
>
>Thanks Tom.

"Oh, about four or five pints a week,"

I bet you didn't let that was pints of Scotch, did you?

Nick

Re: 80 going on 25

<t2qi2a$3eo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8898&group=uk.rec.sheds#8898

From: ton...@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 00:55:54 +0100
 by: Tone - Fri, 8 Apr 2022 23:55 UTC

On 08/04/2022 21:15, Nick Odell wrote:
> "Oh, about four or five pints a week,"
>
> I bet you didn't let that was pints of Scotch, did you?
>
> Nick

No. But I didn't lie!

Tone

Re: 80 going on 25

<mpro.ra3o1r00cfxl704kg.brian13434@lycos.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8968&group=uk.rec.sheds#8968

From: brian13...@lycos.co.uk (Brian D)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 02:27:27 +0100
 by: Brian D - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 01:27 UTC

Nick Odell <nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> wrote:

> "Oh, about four or five pints a week,"
>
> I bet you didn't let that was pints of Scotch, did you?

When I said to the crool nurz I drank 2-3 bockles a day She queried what
trype of scotch, I replied Scotch ale, she was expecting the distilled
stuff.

--
Braind