I want to read my new poem about pork brains and outer space ...

aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / Re: Stone chips

SubjectAuthor
* Stone chipsLee Nowell
+* Re: Stone chipsR D S
|`* Re: Stone chipsBrian Gaff
| +- Re: Stone chipsPaul
| `* Re: Stone chipsR D S
|  `* Re: Stone chipsRJH
|   `* Re: Stone chipsR D S
|    `* Re: Stone chipsRJH
|     +- Re: Stone chipsR D S
|     `- Re: Stone chipsAndy Burns
+- Re: Stone chipsBrian
+- Re: Stone chipsColin Bignell
+* Re: Stone chipsBev
|`* Re: Stone chipsLee Nowell
| `- Re: Stone chipsBev
+- Re: Stone chipssoup
`* Re: Stone chipsAdrian Caspersz
 `- Re: Stone chipsR D S

1
Stone chips

<ba0a47b1-77d2-4446-9334-b700d8ac40edn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=88720&group=uk.d-i-y#88720

Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 02:47:19 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Stone chips
From: lee...@nowell.me (Lee Nowell)
 by: Lee Nowell - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 10:47 UTC

Hi All,

Bought a second hand car and after a good wash you can see a number of stone chips in the paintwork. Assume the person we bought it off used some coloured wax or something to cover them which came off during the wash.

What is the best way of sorting these out properly? They are very small round chips which look white / grey at the bottom and if you run you fingers over them you can feel the "hole".

Was thinking of trying some t cut first as they are so small not sure how paint with work as assume will then also be on top of the lacquer surrounding the chip?

Thanks

Lee.

Re: Stone chips

<tsnn58$3jrlk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=88721&group=uk.d-i-y#88721

From: rsa...@yahoo.com (R D S)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: Stone chips
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 11:07:20 +0000
 by: R D S - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 11:07 UTC

On 17/02/2023 10:47, Lee Nowell wrote:

> Bought a second hand car and after a good wash you can see a number of stone chips in the paintwork. Assume the person we bought it off used some coloured wax or something to cover them which came off during the wash.

Same, I was well pissed off!
Bought a car fairly recently, 4 years old, the most i've ever spent on
one (16k) cos i'm not mega fancy but as the weeks passed I noticed rust
spots appearing around the windscreen. They weren't evident when I
bought it, I would have 100% noticed*.

I'm particularly aggravated because I have had dozens of cars since I
started driving 30 years ago but I have not had one with rust on since I
was an impoverished twenty-something.

Anyway the missus caused it some damage (she genuinely does this to
every car we buy shortly after procuring it) and it went into the body
shop**, he repaired her damage to a good standard but per the stone
chips he picked out the rust with a scalpel and used a touch up pen
stating that it would cost a fair amount of money to fix, would probably
not be an issue for years to come and obviously there's no guarantee of
future chips.

You can't avoid wear and tear, I've stopped noticing them. And fuck it,
it's highly unlikely to be my last car but I will be more vigilant next
time.

Used car sellers, ####s the lot of them.

* Must remember to leave shitty review.
** We are putting their kids through college!

Re: Stone chips

<tsnnu3$3k23b$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=88724&group=uk.d-i-y#88724

From: noi...@lid.org (Brian)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 11:20:35 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:syE7HqWFQ5V1Q78I0moKcDMUKp8=
 by: Brian - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 11:20 UTC

Lee Nowell <lee@nowell.me> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Bought a second hand car and after a good wash you can see a number of
> stone chips in the paintwork. Assume the person we bought it off used
> some coloured wax or something to cover them which came off during the wash.
>
> What is the best way of sorting these out properly? They are very small
> round chips which look white / grey at the bottom and if you run you
> fingers over them you can feel the "hole".
>
> Was thinking of trying some t cut first as they are so small not sure how
> paint with work as assume will then also be on top of the lacquer surrounding the chip?
>
> Thanks
>
> Lee.

Depending on the finish you want etc, either a touch up pot or local spray
paint with a can if bad.

You can hide chips with a matching touch up pot, if you are careful. Don’t
use too much, try to just fill the hole, leave at least a week, then, a
gentle T-cut if needed to blend.

T-cut alone is only good for mild scratches.

Re: Stone chips

<-sScncfeErci_nL-nZ2dnZeNn_dh4p2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=88726&group=uk.d-i-y#88726

Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 11:24:08 +0000
From: cpb...@bignellREMOVETHIS.me.uk (Colin Bignell)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
 by: Colin Bignell - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 11:24 UTC

On 17/02/2023 10:47, Lee Nowell wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Bought a second hand car and after a good wash you can see a number of stone chips in the paintwork. Assume the person we bought it off used some coloured wax or something to cover them which came off during the wash.
>
> What is the best way of sorting these out properly? They are very small round chips which look white / grey at the bottom and if you run you fingers over them you can feel the "hole".
>
> Was thinking of trying some t cut first as they are so small not sure how paint with work as assume will then also be on top of the lacquer surrounding the chip?

T-cut is really only for very minor blemishes that you can't feel. For
small chips, with undercoat visible at the bottom, I have always found
touch up paint, available from Halfords, work very well. They even do a
video telling you how to deal with various types of damage. From what
you say, I think you want to follow the second set of instructions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7IBgK9bJtw

--
Colin Bignell

Re: Stone chips

<tsnp9g$3k5gn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=88727&group=uk.d-i-y#88727

From: non...@forme.com (Bev)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 11:43:44 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bev - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 11:43 UTC

On Fri, 17 Feb 2023 02:47:19 -0800, Lee Nowell wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Bought a second hand car and after a good wash you can see a number of
> stone chips in the paintwork. Assume the person we bought it off used
> some coloured wax or something to cover them which came off during the
> wash.
>
> What is the best way of sorting these out properly? They are very small
> round chips which look white / grey at the bottom and if you run you
> fingers over them you can feel the "hole".
>
> Was thinking of trying some t cut first as they are so small not sure
> how paint with work as assume will then also be on top of the lacquer
> surrounding the chip?
>
> Thanks
>
> Lee.

Pop round to the dealer and get a proper matching touch up set which will
have base colour and top lacquer finish. Slowly build up the chip with
the base coat and when its level with rest of car finish off with the
lacquer. Dont use a spray just the paintbrush type touch up sets. Takes
patience to get enough of the base coat up to level but once its done you
end up with a good finish.

Re: Stone chips

<5be01081-e6ad-42f4-8336-da15f10d2fean@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=88733&group=uk.d-i-y#88733

Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 05:13:34 -0800 (PST)
From: lee...@nowell.me (Lee Nowell)
 by: Lee Nowell - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 13:13 UTC

On Friday, 17 February 2023 at 11:43:48 UTC, Bev wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Feb 2023 02:47:19 -0800, Lee Nowell wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Bought a second hand car and after a good wash you can see a number of
> > stone chips in the paintwork. Assume the person we bought it off used
> > some coloured wax or something to cover them which came off during the
> > wash.
> >
> > What is the best way of sorting these out properly? They are very small
> > round chips which look white / grey at the bottom and if you run you
> > fingers over them you can feel the "hole".
> >
> > Was thinking of trying some t cut first as they are so small not sure
> > how paint with work as assume will then also be on top of the lacquer
> > surrounding the chip?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Lee.
> Pop round to the dealer and get a proper matching touch up set which will
> have base colour and top lacquer finish. Slowly build up the chip with
> the base coat and when its level with rest of car finish off with the
> lacquer. Dont use a spray just the paintbrush type touch up sets. Takes
> patience to get enough of the base coat up to level but once its done you
> end up with a good finish.

The paint is metallic in case that changes anything

Re: Stone chips

<tso155$3l2al$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=88738&group=uk.d-i-y#88738

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 13:57:53 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 13:57 UTC

I would imagine many people tend to disguise or protect their damaged bits
against further damage and to make it better for themselves. It would have
been nice to have known this, but I suspect like most things people think
everyone does it. The worst car my father had was an Austin that had a
small leak somewhere around the windscreen. Nobody seemed able to find it.
In the end some coloured wax around the seal at least stopped it as the
water was repelled. I have a feeling that no matter how the glass is bonded
to the bodywork, be it in a rubber gasket as on older cars, or directly as
on new ones, sooner or later a weak point shows up.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
"R D S" <rsandr@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On 17/02/2023 10:47, Lee Nowell wrote:
>>
>> Bought a second hand car and after a good wash you can see a number of
>> stone chips in the paintwork. Assume the person we bought it off used
>> some coloured wax or something to cover them which came off during the
>> wash.
>>

> Same, I was well pissed off!
> Bought a car fairly recently, 4 years old, the most i've ever spent on one
> (16k) cos i'm not mega fancy but as the weeks passed I noticed rust spots
> appearing around the windscreen. They weren't evident when I bought it, I
> would have 100% noticed*.
>
> I'm particularly aggravated because I have had dozens of cars since I
> started driving 30 years ago but I have not had one with rust on since I
> was an impoverished twenty-something.
>
> Anyway the missus caused it some damage (she genuinely does this to every
> car we buy shortly after procuring it) and it went into the body shop**,
> he repaired her damage to a good standard but per the stone chips he
> picked out the rust with a scalpel and used a touch up pen stating that it
> would cost a fair amount of money to fix, would probably not be an issue
> for years to come and obviously there's no guarantee of future chips.
>
> You can't avoid wear and tear, I've stopped noticing them. And fuck it,
> it's highly unlikely to be my last car but I will be more vigilant next
> time.
>
> Used car sellers, ####s the lot of them.
>
> * Must remember to leave shitty review.
> ** We are putting their kids through college!

Re: Stone chips

<tso20r$3l2h1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=88742&group=uk.d-i-y#88742

From: non...@forme.com (Bev)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 14:12:43 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bev - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 14:12 UTC

On Fri, 17 Feb 2023 05:13:34 -0800, Lee Nowell wrote:

> On Friday, 17 February 2023 at 11:43:48 UTC, Bev wrote:
>> On Fri, 17 Feb 2023 02:47:19 -0800, Lee Nowell wrote:
>>
>> > Hi All,
>> >
>> > Bought a second hand car and after a good wash you can see a number
>> > of stone chips in the paintwork. Assume the person we bought it off
>> > used some coloured wax or something to cover them which came off
>> > during the wash.
>> >
>> > What is the best way of sorting these out properly? They are very
>> > small round chips which look white / grey at the bottom and if you
>> > run you fingers over them you can feel the "hole".
>> >
>> > Was thinking of trying some t cut first as they are so small not sure
>> > how paint with work as assume will then also be on top of the lacquer
>> > surrounding the chip?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >
>> > Lee.
>> Pop round to the dealer and get a proper matching touch up set which
>> will have base colour and top lacquer finish. Slowly build up the chip
>> with the base coat and when its level with rest of car finish off with
>> the lacquer. Dont use a spray just the paintbrush type touch up sets.
>> Takes patience to get enough of the base coat up to level but once its
>> done you end up with a good finish.
>
> The paint is metallic in case that changes anything

I've used similar on a Toyota - I think they called it Pearl or Mica or
something like that. If you want perfection its a full panel respray but
it you want something that is good then try my suggestion.

Re: Stone chips

<tso2fk$3l5a9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=88743&group=uk.d-i-y#88743

From: inva...@invalid.com (soup)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 14:20:37 +0000
 by: soup - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 14:20 UTC

On 17/02/2023 10:47, Lee Nowell wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Bought a second hand car and after a good wash you can see a number of stone chips in the paintwork. Assume the person we bought it off used some coloured wax or something to cover them which came off during the wash.
>
> What is the best way of sorting these out properly? They are very small round chips which look white / grey at the bottom and if you run you fingers over them you can feel the "hole".
>
> Was thinking of trying some t cut first as they are so small not sure how paint with work as assume will then also be on top of the lacquer surrounding the chip?

Try wetting them, if you can still see them that means the scratch has
gone through the lacquer and the paint. T-cut will only work if the
scratch only goes through the lacquer.

If the scratch has gone all the way through you are SOL. Depending on
how good you want the car to look choices vary from a wee touch up to
each chip (then T-cut) all the way to a full re-spray

Re: Stone chips

<tso9kb$3lvt0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=88754&group=uk.d-i-y#88754

From: nos...@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 11:22:37 -0500
 by: Paul - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 16:22 UTC

On 2/17/2023 8:57 AM, Brian Gaff wrote:
> I would imagine many people tend to disguise or protect their damaged bits
> against further damage and to make it better for themselves. It would have
> been nice to have known this, but I suspect like most things people think
> everyone does it. The worst car my father had was an Austin that had a
> small leak somewhere around the windscreen. Nobody seemed able to find it.
> In the end some coloured wax around the seal at least stopped it as the
> water was repelled. I have a feeling that no matter how the glass is bonded
> to the bodywork, be it in a rubber gasket as on older cars, or directly as
> on new ones, sooner or later a weak point shows up.
> Brian

You can fix that. If the frame underneath the windshield glass is
rusted, you can't leave it like that. Any raised spots have to be
ground off, primed and repainted. After the paint is dry, you can
put down the adhesive and re-bed the windshield on it. The windshield
is supposed to rest on the adhesive, as it allows some thermal expansion
without tearing. The job is not done right, if a raised rust point
touches the windshield. For that will lead to immediate failure (within
the first year or so). I have experience :-/

The bead of adhesive is thick enough, they can fit a wire between
the windshield and the frame, to cut away the windshield during repair.
The "gap" has to be big enough, to fit the wire. And so the
thickness of the adhesive is significant and that's how there is
enough slop for thermal expansion. You don't "squash" the windshield
into the bead, just lay it on top, to maintain the thickness needed
so the bead has some compliance to the glass.

When they cut the old windshield away, the old adhesive stays on the
frame (normally). You put a new bead on top of it, and slap on the
new glass. Most franchise windshield shops, simply ignore frame
damage (rust) and just slap new glass in there, and don't tell you
the frame is rusted.

There are some things they don't tell you about your car. The
roof has gutters, for draining water from the roof. The water
from the gutter, flows down the inside of the windshield pillar.
The pillar is to either side of the windshield frame area. After
about 20 years, you can have enough rust inside the pillar,
that water will attack other things in the vicinity.

Paul

Re: Stone chips

<tssrbc$c0kg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=88908&group=uk.d-i-y#88908

From: rsa...@yahoo.com (R D S)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2023 09:49:32 +0000
 by: R D S - Sun, 19 Feb 2023 09:49 UTC

On 17/02/2023 13:57, Brian Gaff wrote:
> I would imagine many people tend to disguise or protect their damaged bits
> against further damage and to make it better for themselves.

The first rust spot appeared and I thought 'how did I miss that', then
developed so quickly then ceased similarly that I assume they used
something akin to a wax crayon, it was plainly a disguise job rather
than any attempt at repair.

They appear stable now they've been treated. Alternative was windscreen
out and full respray of the roof, and that came with no cast iron
guarantee. And it would have cost a small fortune.

I otherwise love the car and day to day I forget about it.

Re: Stone chips

<tst10q$clgf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=88915&group=uk.d-i-y#88915

From: patchmo...@gmx.com (RJH)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2023 11:26:18 -0000 (UTC)
 by: RJH - Sun, 19 Feb 2023 11:26 UTC

On 19 Feb 2023 at 09:49:32 GMT, R D S wrote:

> On 17/02/2023 13:57, Brian Gaff wrote:
>> I would imagine many people tend to disguise or protect their damaged bits
>> against further damage and to make it better for themselves.
>
> The first rust spot appeared and I thought 'how did I miss that', then
> developed so quickly then ceased similarly that I assume they used
> something akin to a wax crayon, it was plainly a disguise job rather
> than any attempt at repair.
>
> They appear stable now they've been treated. Alternative was windscreen
> out and full respray of the roof, and that came with no cast iron
> guarantee. And it would have cost a small fortune.

On a 4 year old car?! I'd have hoped the manufacturer might have offered at
least some compensation. What make/model?

--
Cheers, Rob, Sheffield UK

Re: Stone chips

<tstgob$eaj7$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=88944&group=uk.d-i-y#88944

From: rsa...@yahoo.com (R D S)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2023 15:54:51 +0000
 by: R D S - Sun, 19 Feb 2023 15:54 UTC

On 19/02/2023 11:26, RJH wrote:
> On 19 Feb 2023 at 09:49:32 GMT, R D S wrote:
>
>> On 17/02/2023 13:57, Brian Gaff wrote:
>>> I would imagine many people tend to disguise or protect their damaged bits
>>> against further damage and to make it better for themselves.
>>
>> The first rust spot appeared and I thought 'how did I miss that', then
>> developed so quickly then ceased similarly that I assume they used
>> something akin to a wax crayon, it was plainly a disguise job rather
>> than any attempt at repair.
>>
>> They appear stable now they've been treated. Alternative was windscreen
>> out and full respray of the roof, and that came with no cast iron
>> guarantee. And it would have cost a small fortune.
>>

> On a 4 year old car?! I'd have hoped the manufacturer might have offered at
> least some compensation. What make/model?

XC60, looked into it, IIRC it was 3 years

Re: Stone chips

<tt1vvf$1373a$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=89062&group=uk.d-i-y#89062

From: patchmo...@gmx.com (RJH)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 08:39:11 -0000 (UTC)
 by: RJH - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 08:39 UTC

On 19 Feb 2023 at 15:54:51 GMT, R D S wrote:

> On 19/02/2023 11:26, RJH wrote:

>>> The first rust spot appeared and I thought 'how did I miss that', then
>>> developed so quickly then ceased similarly that I assume they used
>>> something akin to a wax crayon, it was plainly a disguise job rather
>>> than any attempt at repair.
>>>
>>> They appear stable now they've been treated. Alternative was windscreen
>>> out and full respray of the roof, and that came with no cast iron
>>> guarantee. And it would have cost a small fortune.
>>>

>> On a 4 year old car?! I'd have hoped the manufacturer might have offered at
>> least some compensation. What make/model?
>>
> XC60, looked into it, IIRC it was 3 years

Corrosion warranty currently 12 years - but untreated to-the-metal chips
unlikely to be covered (as I'm sure you know).

Even so, surprised on a Volvo. My much battered and scarred 6 year old Peugeot
yet to show any rust. Yet.
--
Cheers, Rob, Sheffield UK

Re: Stone chips

<tt23dq$13j3j$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=89069&group=uk.d-i-y#89069

From: rsa...@yahoo.com (R D S)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 09:38:02 +0000
 by: R D S - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 09:38 UTC

On 21/02/2023 08:39, RJH wrote:

> Even so, surprised on a Volvo. My much battered and scarred 6 year old Peugeot
> yet to show any rust. Yet.

Didn't realise either until we'd had it while, in the right light the
windscreen looks like it has been shotblasted. It's full of tiny pits.

I'd love to know what abuse it has suffered! The bumper and bonnet must
have had a respray given it's other issues. It was the right money
though and I love it so, no real regrets.

Re: Stone chips

<k5jituFsnv9U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=89073&group=uk.d-i-y#89073

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 09:58:21 +0000
 by: Andy Burns - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 09:58 UTC

RJH wrote:

> R D S wrote:
>
>> XC60, looked into it, IIRC it was 3 years
>
> Corrosion warranty currently 12 years - but untreated to-the-metal chips
> unlikely to be covered

Most manufacturers' 10+ year corrosion warranty only covers
"perforation" from the inside of panels/pillars to the outside.

Re: Stone chips

<k5jshkFu67hU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=89087&group=uk.d-i-y#89087

From: ema...@here.invalid (Adrian Caspersz)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 12:42:27 +0000
 by: Adrian Caspersz - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 12:42 UTC

On 17/02/2023 10:47, Lee Nowell wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Bought a second hand car and after a good wash you can see a number of stone chips in the paintwork. Assume the person we bought it off used some coloured wax or something to cover them which came off during the wash.

I'd find that wax to ward off rust... stone chips are a way of life for
motorway driving, and the only true solution which looks daft is some
kind of bonnet blanket, trendy with some SUV owners. The alternative is
like repainting the Forth Bridge.

Some time back I bought a second had car from a dealer, paint work
looked immaculate and today it still does reaching a high level of gloss
shine when hand washed by me (religious two bucket method). I remember
doing a good visual on the paintwork when it was delivered - and have
only recently discovered the dealer had attached a neatly cut paint
sticker to hide a scratch on the cill/sill.

https://www.autostickeroriginal.co.uk/

I'm OK with it now, but had I found it then would I have rejected the car?

Hmmm, now that I think about it, the car needs another wash.

Ah, Usenet. Er, maybe....

--
Adrian C

Re: Stone chips

<tt2eog$14u1g$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=89088&group=uk.d-i-y#89088

From: rsa...@yahoo.com (R D S)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 12:51:28 +0000
 by: R D S - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 12:51 UTC

On 21/02/2023 12:42, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
> I'd find that wax to ward off rust... stone chips are a way of life for
> motorway driving
I can't help but think that leaving a centimeter of exposed bodywork
above the windscreen is a poor idea and could be sorted with a bit of
discrete trim of some sort.