From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.electronics
Subject: Re: anybody here familiar with 3D printers from ALDI/office works?
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 18:57:13 +0800
 by: Clocky - Thu, 24 Jun 2021 10:57 UTC

On 28/01/2019 2:34 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:
> On 28/01/2019 4:51 pm, Taupe wrote:
>> Sylvia Else wrote:

>>> Well, all machines work until they break. How long it takes for a
>>> badly designed gear to fail depends on the loading.

>>> Assuming you're in Australia, unless it's a particularly old machine,
>>> the manufacturer or importer is required to ensure that spare parts
>>> are available, and that includes gears.
>>>
>>> Sylvia.
>>
>> It's not new (not under warranty), the way manufacturers go
>>   through consumer products
>> cycle my model is a 'dinosaur' to what they produce now.
>
> The obligation to make spare parts available extends well beyond the
> warranty period.

If it's been overloaded it's not warranty.

Re: anybody here familiar with 3D printers from ALDI/office works?

<ijjbf0FqvbmU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=903&group=aus.electronics#903

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.electronics
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 22:17:36 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Thu, 24 Jun 2021 12:17 UTC

On 24-Jun-21 8:57 pm, Clocky wrote:
> On 28/01/2019 2:34 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:

>>> It's not new (not under warranty), the way manufacturers go
>>>   through consumer products
>>> cycle my model is a 'dinosaur' to what they produce now.
>>
>> The obligation to make spare parts available extends well beyond the
>> warranty period.
>
> If it's been overloaded it's not warranty.
It's not under warranty anyway. The requirement to ensure the reasonable
availability of spare parts has nothing to do with warranty.

Sylvia.