Iowa State -- the high school after high school! -- Crow T. Robot

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: LIVE: Mum cries in court recalling moment she tells tragic cyclist to 'hang on' after fatal A689 crash

SubjectAuthor
* LIVE: Mum cries in court recalling moment she tells tragic cyclist toswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: LIVE: Mum cries in court recalling moment she tells tragicJNugent
+* Re: LIVE: Mum cries in court recalling moment she tells tragicswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: LIVE: Mum cries in court recalling moment she tells tragicJNugent
|`* Re: LIVE: Mum cries in court recalling moment she tells tragicswldx...@gmail.com
| `* Re: LIVE: Mum cries in court recalling moment she tells tragicswldx...@gmail.com
|  +- Re: LIVE: Mum cries in court recalling moment she tells tragicswldx...@gmail.com
|  `* Re: LIVE: Mum cries in court recalling moment she tells tragicJNugent
|   `- Re: LIVE: Mum cries in court recalling moment she tells tragicSpike
+- Re: LIVE: Mum cries in court recalling moment she tells tragicswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: LIVE: Mum cries in court recalling moment she tells tragicswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: LIVE: Mum cries in court recalling moment she tells tragicJNugent
`- Re: LIVE: Mum cries in court recalling moment she tells tragicswldx...@gmail.com

1
LIVE: Mum cries in court recalling moment she tells tragic cyclist to 'hang on' after fatal A689 crash

<65433083-5ddf-4c7b-b626-a165d2c04450n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8924&group=uk.rec.cycling#8924

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 06:43:32 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: LIVE: Mum cries in court recalling moment she tells tragic cyclist to
'hang on' after fatal A689 crash
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 13:43 UTC

A man and woman are on trial accused of causing the death of a cyclist by dangerous driving.

Paige Robinson, 23, and David Ferry, 47, are accused of causing the death of "dearly loved" dad -of-two Graham Pattison, on July 24, 2020.

Mr Pattison, from Hartlepool, was travelling on his bike on the A689 between Wynyard and Sedgefield when he tragically died following a collision involving a white Ford Fiesta and a black Audi TT.

The 49-year-old was described as having "a warehouse-sized stock of humour" by family and friends who paid tribute at the time of his death.

Robinson, of Geranium Close, Billingham, and Ferry, of Granville Terrace, Redcar, are on trial Teesside Crown Court accused of causing death by dangerous driving. The pair, who did not previously know each other, are said to have been involved in a road rage dispute before the crash.

Robinson was driving the Ford Fiesta while Ferry is the driver of the Audi.

Follow updates from the trial below - JAIL TO FOLLOW - SJM

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/live-man-woman-go-trial-23785769

Re: LIVE: Mum cries in court recalling moment she tells tragic cyclist to 'hang on' after fatal A689 crash

<jct8ahFbg8aU3@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8945&group=uk.rec.cycling#8945

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: LIVE: Mum cries in court recalling moment she tells tragic
cyclist to 'hang on' after fatal A689 crash
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 17:12:01 +0100
 by: JNugent - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 16:12 UTC

> A man and woman are on trial accused of causing the death of a cyclist by dangerous driving.
>
> Paige Robinson, 23, and David Ferry, 47, are accused of causing the death of "dearly loved" dad -of-two Graham Pattison, on July 24, 2020.
>
> Mr Pattison, from Hartlepool, was travelling on his bike on the A689 between Wynyard and Sedgefield when he tragically died following a collision involving a white Ford Fiesta and a black Audi TT.
>
> The 49-year-old was described as having "a warehouse-sized stock of humour" by family and friends who paid tribute at the time of his death.
>
> Robinson, of Geranium Close, Billingham, and Ferry, of Granville Terrace, Redcar, are on trial Teesside Crown Court accused of causing death by dangerous driving. The pair, who did not previously know each other, are said to have been involved in a road rage dispute before the crash.
>
> Robinson was driving the Ford Fiesta while Ferry is the driver of the Audi.
>
> Follow updates from the trial below - JAIL TO FOLLOW - SJM

What? Before a verdict has been reached?

Re: LIVE: Mum cries in court recalling moment she tells tragic cyclist to 'hang on' after fatal A689 crash

<a6a1a3bd-5e31-477a-99f9-84ea00d2e703n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8947&group=uk.rec.cycling#8947

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 09:14:10 -0700 (PDT)
cyclist to 'hang on' after fatal A689 crash
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 16:14 UTC

QUOTE: Trial concludes for the day

Court is adjourned for the day. Police Collision Investigator, Mr Woodhouse, will be questioned by the defence tomorrow. ENDS

Sleep well overnight and get your affairs in order, scum.

Re: LIVE: Mum cries in court recalling moment she tells tragic cyclist to 'hang on' after fatal A689 crash

<jct8jmFbg8aU6@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8950&group=uk.rec.cycling#8950

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
cyclist to 'hang on' after fatal A689 crash
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 17:16:54 +0100
 by: JNugent - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 16:16 UTC

> QUOTE: Trial concludes for the day
>
> Court is adjourned for the day. Police Collision Investigator, Mr Woodhouse, will be questioned by the defence tomorrow. ENDS
>
> Sleep well overnight and get your affairs in order, scum.

What has Mr Woodhouse ever done to you?

Was he at your "scene"?

Re: LIVE: Mum cries in court recalling moment she tells tragic cyclist to 'hang on' after fatal A689 crash

<71fdb1bf-d522-428d-86ba-0ff7f29862e2n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8951&group=uk.rec.cycling#8951

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 09:18:40 -0700 (PDT)
cyclist to 'hang on' after fatal A689 crash
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 16:18 UTC

On Wednesday, April 27, 2022 at 5:14:12 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> QUOTE: Trial concludes for the day
>
> Court is adjourned for the day. Police Collision Investigator, Mr Woodhouse, will be questioned by the defence tomorrow. ENDS
>
> Sleep well overnight and get your affairs in order, scum.

I will report back as to the length of their jail sentences tomorrow.

Re: LIVE: Mum cries in court recalling moment she tells tragic cyclist to 'hang on' after fatal A689 crash

<t4dkg0$l4r$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8979&group=uk.rec.cycling#8979

From: muzhm...@centrum.sk (Peter Keller)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
cyclist to 'hang on' after fatal A689 crash
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 20:50:08 +1200
 by: Peter Keller - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 08:50 UTC

On 28/04/22 04:12, JNugent wrote:
> On 27/04/2022 02:43 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> A man and woman are on trial accused of causing the death of a cyclist
>> by dangerous driving.
>>
>> Paige Robinson, 23, and David Ferry, 47, are accused of causing the
>> death of "dearly loved" dad -of-two Graham Pattison, on July 24, 2020.
>>
>> Mr Pattison, from Hartlepool, was travelling on his bike on the A689
>> between Wynyard and Sedgefield when he tragically died following a
>> collision involving a white Ford Fiesta and a black Audi TT.
>>
>> The 49-year-old was described as having "a warehouse-sized stock of
>> humour" by family and friends who paid tribute at the time of his death.
>>
>> Robinson, of Geranium Close, Billingham, and Ferry, of Granville
>> Terrace, Redcar, are on trial Teesside Crown Court accused of causing
>> death by dangerous driving. The pair, who did not previously know each
>> other, are said to have been involved in a road rage dispute before
>> the crash.
>>
>> Robinson was driving the Ford Fiesta while Ferry is the driver of the
>> Audi.
>>
>> Follow updates from the trial below - JAIL TO FOLLOW - SJM
>
> What? Before a verdict has been reached?

Gestapo to prisoner --
"Please do not worry, my dear. I guarantee to you that you will get a
fair trial before you are shot."

Re: LIVE: Mum cries in court recalling moment she tells tragic cyclist to 'hang on' after fatal A689 crash

<jcvildFp3giU2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8991&group=uk.rec.cycling#8991

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
cyclist to 'hang on' after fatal A689 crash
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 14:20:45 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 13:20 UTC

On 28/04/2022 09:50 am, Peter Keller wrote:

> On 28/04/22 04:12, JNugent wrote:
>> On 27/04/2022 02:43 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> A man and woman are on trial accused of causing the death of a cyclist
>>> by dangerous driving.
>>> Paige Robinson, 23, and David Ferry, 47, are accused of causing the
>>> death of "dearly loved" dad -of-two Graham Pattison, on July 24, 2020.
>>> Mr Pattison, from Hartlepool, was travelling on his bike on the A689
>>> between Wynyard and Sedgefield when he tragically died following a
>>> collision involving a white Ford Fiesta and a black Audi TT.
>>> The 49-year-old was described as having "a warehouse-sized stock of
>>> humour" by family and friends who paid tribute at the time of his death.
>>> Robinson, of Geranium Close, Billingham, and Ferry, of Granville
>>> Terrace, Redcar, are on trial Teesside Crown Court accused of causing
>>> death by dangerous driving. The pair, who did not previously know each
>>> other, are said to have been involved in a road rage dispute before
>>> the crash.
>>> Robinson was driving the Ford Fiesta while Ferry is the driver of the
>>> Audi.
>
>>> Follow updates from the trial below - JAIL TO FOLLOW - SJM
>
>> What? Before a verdict has been reached?
>
> Gestapo to prisoner --
> "Please do not worry, my dear. I guarantee to you that you will get a
> fair trial before you are shot."

+1.

Re: LIVE: Mum cries in court recalling moment she tells tragic cyclist to 'hang on' after fatal A689 crash

<d6102bd1-3499-4b01-b791-0d8a353b52acn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8996&group=uk.rec.cycling#8996

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 08:59:07 -0700 (PDT)
cyclist to 'hang on' after fatal A689 crash
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 15:59 UTC

> I will report back as to the length of their jail sentences tomorrow.

16:23 28APR22
Esther Halligan
Court is adjourned for the day

The court is adjourned and the trial will resume on Friday.

Re: LIVE: Mum cries in court recalling moment she tells tragic cyclist to 'hang on' after fatal A689 crash

<jcvsk4Fquu1U2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8999&group=uk.rec.cycling#8999

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
cyclist to 'hang on' after fatal A689 crash
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 16:10:47 +0000
 by: Spike - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 16:10 UTC

On 28/04/2022 13:20, JNugent wrote:
> On 28/04/2022 09:50 am, Peter Keller wrote:

>>> What? Before a verdict has been reached?

>> Gestapo to prisoner --
>> "Please do not worry, my dear. I guarantee to you that you will get a
>> fair trial before you are shot."

> +1.

WHS

--
Spike

Re: LIVE: Mum cries in court recalling moment she tells tragic cyclist to 'hang on' after fatal A689 crash

<ed1896d5-e500-4033-b767-fffcece06affn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9001&group=uk.rec.cycling#9001

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 09:15:04 -0700 (PDT)
cyclist to 'hang on' after fatal A689 crash
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 16:15 UTC

On Thursday, April 28, 2022 at 4:59:09 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I will report back as to the length of their jail sentences tomorrow.
> 16:23 28APR22
> Esther Halligan
> Court is adjourned for the day
> The court is adjourned and the trial will resume on Friday.

Let's all hope that this sorry story ends with a happy conclusion tomorrow - JAIL.

Re: LIVE: Mum cries in court recalling moment she tells tragic cyclist to 'hang on' after fatal A689 crash

<jcvtmmFr7itU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9007&group=uk.rec.cycling#9007

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
cyclist to 'hang on' after fatal A689 crash
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 17:29:10 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 16:29 UTC

>> I will report back as to the length of their jail sentences tomorrow.
>
> Court is adjourned for the day
>
> The court is adjourned and the trial will resume on Friday.

The *trial* will "resume"?

You mean it isn't yet over?

You said the verdict had already been reached.

Were you lying (again)?

Re: LIVE: Mum cries in court recalling moment she tells tragic cyclist to 'hang on' after fatal A689 crash

<e89cbae4-33ef-47b7-98f5-dd66008c3623n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9008&group=uk.rec.cycling#9008

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 09:31:38 -0700 (PDT)
cyclist to 'hang on' after fatal A689 crash
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 16:31 UTC

14:01
KEY EVENT
Defendants 'using road a racetrack'

The prosecution say that Robinson was involved in an altercation with Ferry for 6.5 miles, from the A1 roundabout. She was too distracted to see the cyclist.

The prosecution say that the defendants were using the road as a racetrack and were so engrossed by each other, that they both completely failed to see - on that bright,sunny day- Graham Pattison on his bike.

Re: LIVE: Mum cries in court recalling moment she tells tragic cyclist to 'hang on' after fatal A689 crash

<jd00tmFrs7uU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9009&group=uk.rec.cycling#9009

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
cyclist to 'hang on' after fatal A689 crash
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 17:24:09 +0000
 by: Spike - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 17:24 UTC

On 28/04/2022 16:29, JNugent wrote:
> On 28/04/2022 04:59 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> I will report back as to the length of their jail sentences tomorrow.

>> Court is adjourned for the day

>> The court is adjourned and the trial will resume on Friday.

> The *trial* will "resume"?

> You mean it isn't yet over?

> You said the verdict had already been reached.

> Were you lying (again)?

I'm guessing that courts, trials, the law, witnesses, evidence, and the
rest swirl around in his brain, and he pulls out one of them when he
sees the need. Usually, it;s the wrong one - but hey, this is drivers
that are being spoken about, so the actual reality is unimportant.

--
Spike

Re: LIVE: Mum cries in court recalling moment she tells tragic cyclist to 'hang on' after fatal A689 crash

<00010a58-755c-4274-b27a-13a453498bf9n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9010&group=uk.rec.cycling#9010

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 10:38:11 -0700 (PDT)
cyclist to 'hang on' after fatal A689 crash
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 17:38 UTC

'Both defendants responsible for death'

The prosecution is now giving the opening statement.

The court is told Ferry was driving a black Audi was Robinson in a white Fiesta.

Mr Pattison died after a collision with Robinson.

He was propelled 40m in the collision- causing catastrophic injuries.

The prosecution say that both defendants are equally culpable for his death.

Re: LIVE: Mum cries in court recalling moment she tells tragic cyclist to 'hang on' after fatal A689 crash

<jd0o8vF1he4U8@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9020&group=uk.rec.cycling#9020

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
cyclist to 'hang on' after fatal A689 crash
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 01:02:39 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 00:02 UTC

> 'Both defendants responsible for death'
> The prosecution is now giving the opening statement.

The OPENING statement?

You said the verdict had been reached.

Which is it?

> The court is told Ferry was driving a black Audi was Robinson in a white Fiesta.
> Mr Pattison died after a collision with Robinson.
> He was propelled 40m in the collision- causing catastrophic injuries.
> The prosecution say that both defendants are equally culpable for his death.

Did the verdict come before the opening statements?

Re: LIVE: Mum cries in court recalling moment she tells tragic cyclist to 'hang on' after fatal A689 crash

<d1fb0b5e-8b1b-4019-9b75-4900a38f7ca8n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9027&group=uk.rec.cycling#9027

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 02:44:04 -0700 (PDT)
cyclist to 'hang on' after fatal A689 crash
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 09:44 UTC

Ferry 'traumatised after being told someone had died'

Ferry is interviewed by the police for the second time on July 28, 2020 at Middlesbrough Police Station.

The police tell Ferry he has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.

They tell him they have received a statement from him - it says that he was “absolutely traumatised after being told that someone had died”.

Ferry’s statement says it only became apparent that the white Ford Fiesta was involved in the fatal crash and that he now has more information he wants to share.