From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: When the wind is in from Africa and you can't sleep at night...
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 08:22:49 +0000
 by: Spike - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 08:22 UTC

While most people in cities will be unsurprised to learn they live in an
area with high air pollution, the full extent of the problem in the UK
has...

[...not...]

.... been revealed.

An analysis by the Central Office of Public Interest (COPI) has revealed
how 97 per cent of UK addresses now breach at least one of the World
Health Organisation's limits for toxic pollutants.

Meanwhile, nearly 75 per cent of us live in areas that breach limits of
all three toxic pollutants – nitrogen dioxide (NO2), particulate matter
2.5 (PM2.5) and particulate matter 10 (PM10).

'With this new accurate data now publicly available, it would be
shameful for the property industry to not start acting transparently.
Lives depend on it. Everyone has a right to know what they're breathing
before they buy or rent.

[Any idea why the property industry are being singled out?]

Using this data and DEFRA-approved council monitor data, experts at
Imperial College London generated a national model with an incredible
20m/sq resolution.

[Presumably this is at least as good as 'climate change' models, which
have never predicted the past, present, or future with any accuracy at all]

The interactive tool, which can be accessed at addresspollution.org,
reveals how air quality varies across the UK.

'We all have our own part to play in this. Air pollution isn't
insurmountable and we can all do something about it,' Mr Milles said.

[That's not true. When winds from Africa blow in pollution from there
and Europe, the air in the south of the UK hangs heavy with it, it's
like a fog, and all the rezzies there can do nothing about it, just like
the UK government, or the Central Office of Public Interest can do
nothing about it. So, if we pretend it doesn't exist, we don't have to
do anything about it!]

<https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-10763757/How-polluted-air-live-Shocking-interactive-tool-reveals-levels-toxic-pollutants.html>

--
Spike