I'd like MY data-base JULIENNED and stir-fried!

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Clackmannanshire cyclist voices frustration over dangerous fly tipping

SubjectAuthor
* Clackmannanshire cyclist voices frustration over dangerous fly tippingswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Clackmannanshire cyclist voices frustration over dangerous flySpike
+* Re: Clackmannanshire cyclist voices frustration over dangerous fly tippingswldx...@gmail.com
> [...]
+* Re: Clackmannanshire cyclist voices frustration over dangerous fly tippingswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Clackmannanshire cyclist voices frustration over dangerous flySpike
+* Re: Clackmannanshire cyclist voices frustration over dangerous fly tippingswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Clackmannanshire cyclist voices frustration over dangerous flySpike
+* Re: Clackmannanshire cyclist voices frustration over dangerous fly tippingswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Clackmannanshire cyclist voices frustration over dangerous flySpike
+* Re: Clackmannanshire cyclist voices frustration over dangerous fly tippingswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Clackmannanshire cyclist voices frustration over dangerous flySpike
+* Re: Clackmannanshire cyclist voices frustration over dangerous fly tippingswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Clackmannanshire cyclist voices frustration over dangerous flySpike

Pages:123
Re: Clackmannanshire cyclist voices frustration over dangerous fly tipping

<t3nftc$gfe$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8574&group=uk.rec.cycling#8574

From: dr6...@gmail.com (TMS320)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Clackmannanshire cyclist voices frustration over dangerous fly
tipping
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 00:16:59 +0100
 by: TMS320 - Tue, 19 Apr 2022 23:16 UTC

On 19/04/2022 14:01, JNugent wrote:
> On 19/04/2022 01:04 pm, TMS320 wrote:

>>> There aren't many cars that can accommodate fridges and intact
>>> kitchen units. You're "thinking" of vans and small trucks but
>>> don't want to say so.
>>
>> I am not thinking solely of vans and small *lorries*.
>
> Hmmm... thy don't have to be that big. Pick-up trucks can carry loads
> like that.

No surprise that you would not understand the emphasis. Besides, nobody
says "pick-up truck". Just "pickup".

>>> Fully agreed. And that applies to ALL road users,
>>
>> I don't have a problem with that approach. If you left it there...
>>
>>> including those cyclists in the habit of throwing away drink
>>> containers.
>>
>> ...something you are never able to do.
>
> Be aware that cyclists (perhaps because they take an attitude
> that they must shed excess load) are at least as bad as anyone else
> when it comes to littering and possibly worse.

Of course, the "possibly worse" had to come out. You cannot avoid it.
Equally then, they are possibly better.

> Especially - as you are well aware - on village greens...

I am aware of a story from several years ago. A one off (for it is
obvious you know of no other) cannot make it an "especially".

Besides, you can't possibly know that nobody has ever rocked up in a
motor vehicle and done the same thing. And you would be a complete fool
to try and suggest it has never occurred.

> But you want to pretend that cyclists are paragons of virtue,
> which they are definitely NOT.

When all you and others ever do is point a finger at cyclists over any
event, making comparisons does not make the person under dicussion a
paragon of virtue.

To that end, I have never defended Charlie Alliston, as much as you keep
imagining. Discussion only ever centred around *your* obsession with his
shouting and the way the law puts so much weight on a criminal's display
of, or lack of, remorse after the event, as though it has a bearing on
anything that led up to the event.

Re: Clackmannanshire cyclist voices frustration over dangerous fly tipping

<jc9vg2Fk1flU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8577&group=uk.rec.cycling#8577

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
tipping
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 08:44:52 +0000
 by: Spike - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 08:44 UTC

On 19/04/2022 16:54, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 19, 2022 at 9:51:36 AM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:

> There are those here that think that a cyclist dropping
>> a sweet wrapper is a national scandal.

> They'd have a nervous breakdown at the London Marathon aftermath!

So that makes littering by cyclists acceptable?

--
Spike

Re: Clackmannanshire cyclist voices frustration over dangerous fly tipping

<jca00uFk3c9U3@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8580&group=uk.rec.cycling#8580

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
tipping
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 08:53:52 +0000
 by: Spike - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 08:53 UTC

On 19/04/2022 17:56, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> Marathon runners have raised more than £1 billion for good causes over the past 40 years, a fact which helped soften the blow of having to clean up copious amounts of throw-away containers.

> <https://www.eastlondonadvertiser.co.uk/news/local-council/london-marathon-20-tonnes-of-litter-tower-hamlets-8393988>

The phrase "...the blow of having to clean up copious amounts of
throw-away containers" should have read "...the blow of having to clean
up copious amounts of containers that are thrown away".

Spot the difference?

If not, you shouldn't be cycling. Or littering.

--
Spike

Re: Clackmannanshire cyclist voices frustration over dangerous fly tipping

<b9311523-c68d-4496-b5a3-6e9d05479bb6n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8583&group=uk.rec.cycling#8583

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 02:52:35 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Clackmannanshire cyclist voices frustration over dangerous fly tipping
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 09:52 UTC

Marathon runners face disqualification if they drop plastic litter during race.

Competitors in one of the biggest running events in Wales’ face disqualification if they’re seen dropping litter, after organisers implemented new rules.

Conway Half Marathon is the largest event of its kind in North Wales, with more than 3,000 runners taking past last year.

However, Run Wales have now asked participants to be “mindful and respect local residents” explicitly asking people to refrain from dropping or throwing bottle or energy gels.

“Do not throw your bottle, energy gels in gardens [or] over walls,” they told runners ahead of the race. “Where possible leave your litter at the nearest water station or with the nearest marshal where a bin is not available.

“Runners will be disqualified and taken off the results if seen discarding their rubbish outside of a water stop or not with a marshal. Plastic and its use is an increasing problem.”
An increasing problem

The move has been praised by runners, though several concede it’s a difficult problem to solve.

“I totally think it’s a good idea,” says trail runner Jonny Gill, and suggests the sector could learn from ultra marathons which he finds are “mostly going cup-less”

“If I ever take a water bottles in a road race I chuck them in the big bins they usually have just after the water stops,” he adds.

Lee Davitt, founder of Clwb Rhedeg DVT Running Club, which provided sweets to runners at the event, said it was a “great idea” and that “more races should take note and follow suit”.

“Something has to be done and I believe this is a step in the right direction. To make this work race organisations need to put more waste disposal points along the route, as it’s not enough to just have them at water stations.”

Plastic and waste is an increasing problem for marathon organisers, with the London Marathon recently announcing changes to make the event more environmentally friendly.

Westminster Council revealed they had collected 5,200kg of rubbish and 3,500kg of recycling from the 2018 event, including about 47,000 plastic bottles.

In response organisers announced they would be reducing the total number of drink stations on the course from 26 to 19.

They also announced trials at some stations of compostable cups, edible seaweed capsules, and making sure plastic bottles are made from recycled plastic. In total, the event said it would hand out 215,000 fewer conventional plastic bottles than it had in previous years.
‘I have such a moral dilemma about it’

Single use plastic has become one of the UK’s leading issues during the past few years, with many companies announcing drives to cut back on consumption and increase recycling.

This year’s Queen’s Speech also included an Environment Bill to help tackle the problem, with measures including a tax on things like cups and straws, though it remains unseen if it will ever come into force.

Runners from across the country have praised the move, though say it’s a hard problem to tackle.

“I have such a moral dilemma about this,” runner Hannah Butler tells i. “I’ve started bringing my own bottle but it’s hard to carry enough, and seeing all the bottles on the sides of the road makes you really question whether these events should happen sometimes.

“It concerns me as I try so hard to avoid single us plastic in my day to day life, but I love going to running events and it’s hard to reconcile the two.”

Hannah Butler, Runner

“The worst thing is when they take the bottle tops off before they give you them, so you just have to take a couple of sips then chuck it, so you can use two or three during the race.”

While she says she tries to bring her own water or ask for the top to be left on, she admits it’s a difficult challenge with runners finding it difficult to carry enough water themselves and that refill stations would be a “logistical nightmare and potentially a hazard.”

“It concerns me as I try so hard to avoid single use plastic in my day to day life, but I love going to running events and it’s hard to reconcile the two,” she adds.

LOOK AT THIS MESS: https://i.inews.co.uk/content/uploads/2019/11/GettyImages-92856327-640x360.jpg

Re: Clackmannanshire cyclist voices frustration over dangerous fly tipping

<jca74lFlgflU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8586&group=uk.rec.cycling#8586

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
tipping
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 11:55:18 +0100
 by: JNugent - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 10:55 UTC

On 20/04/2022 12:16 am, TMS320 wrote:

> On 19/04/2022 14:01, JNugent wrote:

>>> I am not thinking solely of vans and small *lorries*.
>
>> Hmmm... thy don't have to be that big. Pick-up trucks can carry loads
>>  like that.
>
> No surprise that you would not understand the emphasis. Besides, nobody
> says "pick-up truck". Just "pickup".

Thank you for the lesson in working-class argot as spoken chez vous.

I'll stick with English, if that's alright. "Pick-up truck" it is.

There are various other things known as a "pick-up" or "pickup".

>>> I don't have a problem with that approach. If you left it there...

>>> ...something you are never able to do.

I never discard drink-containers as litter. What are you talking about?

>> Be aware that cyclists (perhaps because they take an attitude
>> that they must shed excess load) are at least as bad as anyone else
>> when it comes to littering and possibly worse.
>
> Of course, the "possibly worse" had to come out. You cannot avoid it.
> Equally then, they are possibly better.

Not my concern. You had tried to imply that littering by fairy-cyclists
is negligible. It isn't.

>> Especially - as you are well aware - on village greens...
>
> I am aware of a story from several years ago. A one off (for it is
> obvious you know of no other) cannot make it an "especially".
>
> Besides, you can't possibly know that nobody has ever rocked up in a
> motor vehicle and done the same thing. And you would be a complete fool
> to try and suggest it has never occurred.

If there has been a report of such a thing, and if you can kindly
reference it, I will read it with the greatest of interest.

Over to you.

>> But you want to pretend that cyclists are paragons of virtue, which
>> they are definitely NOT.
>
> When all you and others ever do is point a finger at cyclists over any
> event, making comparisons does not make the person under dicussion a
> paragon of virtue...

....whatever the relevance or meaning of that may be.

> To that end, I have never defended Charlie Alliston, as much as you keep
> imagining. Discussion only ever centred around *your* obsession with his
> shouting and the way the law puts so much weight on a criminal's display
> of, or lack of, remorse after the event, as though it has a bearing on
> anything that led up to the event.

He was convicted for his despicable behaviour before the collision* as
well as for his behaviour during the micro-second during which it occurred.

[FX: rolls eyes.]

Did you actually *read* the reports?

* Had you forgotten about the lack of brakes, or had you simply decided
to forgive him for that?

Re: Clackmannanshire cyclist voices frustration over dangerous fly tipping

<jca77aFlgh3U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8587&group=uk.rec.cycling#8587

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
tipping
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 11:56:44 +0100
 by: JNugent - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 10:56 UTC

On 20/04/2022 09:44 am, Spike wrote:

> On 19/04/2022 16:54, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> On Tuesday, April 19, 2022 at 9:51:36 AM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:

>> There are those here that think that a cyclist dropping
>>> a sweet wrapper is a national scandal.

>> They'd have a nervous breakdown at the London Marathon aftermath!

> So that makes littering by cyclists acceptable?

"Big boys did it first" is among the favourite excuses of the fairy-cyclist.

Re: Clackmannanshire cyclist voices frustration over dangerous fly tipping

<jca7bnFlgh3U2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8588&group=uk.rec.cycling#8588

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
tipping
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 11:59:04 +0100
 by: JNugent - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 10:59 UTC

On 20/04/2022 10:52 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> Marathon runners face disqualification if they drop plastic litter during race.
>
> Competitors in one of the biggest running events in Wales’ face disqualification if they’re seen dropping litter, after organisers implemented new rules.
>
> Conway Half Marathon is the largest event of its kind in North Wales, with more than 3,000 runners taking past last year.
>
> However, Run Wales have now asked participants to be “mindful and respect local residents” explicitly asking people to refrain from dropping or throwing bottle or energy gels.
>
> “Do not throw your bottle, energy gels in gardens [or] over walls,” they told runners ahead of the race. “Where possible leave your litter at the nearest water station or with the nearest marshal where a bin is not available.
>
> “Runners will be disqualified and taken off the results if seen discarding their rubbish outside of a water stop or not with a marshal. Plastic and its use is an increasing problem.”
> An increasing problem
>
> The move has been praised by runners, though several concede it’s a difficult problem to solve.

No, it ISN'T!

Just take your crap with you and deposit in a waste bin.

> “I totally think it’s a good idea,” says trail runner Jonny Gill, and suggests the sector could learn from ultra marathons which he finds are “mostly going cup-less”
>
> “If I ever take a water bottles in a road race I chuck them in the big bins they usually have just after the water stops,” he adds...

....thereby blowing the objections out of the water.

> Lee Davitt, founder of Clwb Rhedeg DVT Running Club, which provided sweets to runners at the event, said it was a “great idea” and that “more races should take note and follow suit”.

....especially fairy-cycle races.

> “Something has to be done and I believe this is a step in the right direction. To make this work race organisations need to put more waste disposal points along the route, as it’s not enough to just have them at water stations.”
>
> Plastic and waste is an increasing problem for marathon organisers, with the London Marathon recently announcing changes to make the event more environmentally friendly.
>
> Westminster Council revealed they had collected 5,200kg of rubbish and 3,500kg of recycling from the 2018 event, including about 47,000 plastic bottles.
>
> In response organisers announced they would be reducing the total number of drink stations on the course from 26 to 19.
>
> They also announced trials at some stations of compostable cups, edible seaweed capsules, and making sure plastic bottles are made from recycled plastic. In total, the event said it would hand out 215,000 fewer conventional plastic bottles than it had in previous years.
> ‘I have such a moral dilemma about it’
>
> Single use plastic has become one of the UK’s leading issues during the past few years, with many companies announcing drives to cut back on consumption and increase recycling.
>
> This year’s Queen’s Speech also included an Environment Bill to help tackle the problem, with measures including a tax on things like cups and straws, though it remains unseen if it will ever come into force.
>
> Runners from across the country have praised the move, though say it’s a hard problem to tackle.
>
> “I have such a moral dilemma about this,” runner Hannah Butler tells i. “I’ve started bringing my own bottle but it’s hard to carry enough, and seeing all the bottles on the sides of the road makes you really question whether these events should happen sometimes.
>
> “It concerns me as I try so hard to avoid single us plastic in my day to day life, but I love going to running events and it’s hard to reconcile the two.”
>
> Hannah Butler, Runner
>
> “The worst thing is when they take the bottle tops off before they give you them, so you just have to take a couple of sips then chuck it, so you can use two or three during the race.”
>
> While she says she tries to bring her own water or ask for the top to be left on, she admits it’s a difficult challenge with runners finding it difficult to carry enough water themselves and that refill stations would be a “logistical nightmare and potentially a hazard.”
>
> “It concerns me as I try so hard to avoid single use plastic in my day to day life, but I love going to running events and it’s hard to reconcile the two,” she adds.
>
> LOOK AT THIS MESS: https://i.inews.co.uk/content/uploads/2019/11/GettyImages-92856327-640x360.jpg

Re: Clackmannanshire cyclist voices frustration over dangerous fly tipping

<ca7bdb0e-3ac9-49c8-a1db-6c6875e15ee6n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8593&group=uk.rec.cycling#8593

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 06:24:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 13:24 UTC

On Wednesday, April 20, 2022 at 10:52:36 AM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> Marathon runners face disqualification if they drop plastic litter during race.

I can see runners who hit "the wall" chucking their bottles on the ground to get a ban rather than suffering - like this:

https://i.inews.co.uk/content/uploads/2019/11/GettyImages-92856327-640x360.jpg

Re: Clackmannanshire cyclist voices frustration over dangerous fly tipping

<t3vaua$pjv$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8681&group=uk.rec.cycling#8681

From: dr6...@gmail.com (TMS320)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
tipping
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 23:41:13 +0100
 by: TMS320 - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 22:41 UTC

On 20/04/2022 11:55, JNugent wrote:
> On 20/04/2022 12:16 am, TMS320 wrote:

>>> Hmmm... thy don't have to be that big. Pick-up trucks can carry
>>> loads like that.
>>
>> No surprise that you would not understand the emphasis. Besides,
>> nobody says "pick-up truck". Just "pickup".
>
> Thank you for the lesson in working-class argot as spoken chez vous.
>
> I'll stick with English, if that's alright. "Pick-up truck" it is.

I use the word "lorry" because I am English. Well, surprise, surprise,
when you realised that you had used an Americanism you had to devize a
face saving measure.

> There are various other things known as a "pick-up" or "pickup".

> I never discard drink-containers as litter. What are you talking
> about?

This made you think I was implying that you discard drink-containers?
Have another think about the reason why I split your sentence.

>>> Be aware that cyclists (perhaps because they take an attitude
>>> that they must shed excess load) are at least as bad as anyone
>>> else when it comes to littering and possibly worse.
>>
>> Of course, the "possibly worse" had to come out. You cannot avoid
>> it. Equally then, they are possibly better.
>>
> Not my concern. You had tried to imply that littering by cyclists is
> negligible. It isn't.

But you have made it your concern.

It ought to be obvious (even to you) that the quantity of litter left by
cyclists is negligible in terms of total volume. You have no information
whatsoever to support your theory that as a proportion of population it
is "possibly worse".

>>> Especially - as you are well aware - on village greens...
>>
>> I am aware of a story from several years ago. A one off (for it is
>> obvious you know of no other) cannot make it an "especially".
>>
>> Besides, you can't possibly know that nobody has ever rocked up in
>> a motor vehicle and done the same thing. And you would be a
>> complete fool to try and suggest it has never occurred.
>
> If there has been a report of such a thing, and if you can kindly
> reference it, I will read it with the greatest of interest.
>
> Over to you.

Then you are saying you won't accept it could have happened unless you
get a report. And that you have a fetish about it... Well, each to their
own.

>>> But you want to pretend that cyclists are paragons of virtue,
>>> which they are definitely NOT.
>>
>> When all you and others ever do is point a finger at cyclists over
>> any event, making comparisons does not make the person under
>> dicussion a paragon of virtue...
>
> ...whatever the relevance or meaning of that may be.
>
>> To that end, I have never defended Charlie Alliston, as much as
>> you keep imagining. Discussion only ever centred around *your*
>> obsession with his shouting and the way the law puts so much
>> weight on a criminal's display of, or lack of, remorse after the
>> event, as though it has a bearing on anything that led up to the
>> event.
>
> He was convicted for his despicable behaviour before the collision*
> as well as for his behaviour during the micro-second during which it
> occurred.
>
> [FX: rolls eyes.]
>
> Did you actually *read* the reports?
>
> * Had you forgotten about the lack of brakes, or had you simply
> decided to forgive him for that?

Thank you for accepting that I never discussed the case other than the
two matters I have just mentioned.

Re: Clackmannanshire cyclist voices frustration over dangerous fly tipping

<jcidpeF8k3sU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8693&group=uk.rec.cycling#8693

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
tipping
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 14:37:50 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 13:37 UTC

On 22/04/2022 11:41 pm, TMS320 wrote:

> On 20/04/2022 11:55, JNugent wrote:

>>> No surprise that you would not understand the emphasis. Besides,
>>> nobody says "pick-up truck". Just "pickup".
>
>> Thank you for the lesson in working-class argot as spoken chez vous.
>> I'll stick with English, if that's alright. "Pick-up truck" it is.
>
> I use the word "lorry" because I am English. Well, surprise, surprise,
> when you realised that you had used an Americanism you had to devize a
> face saving measure.

Have you been out of the country for the last sixty-five years? Had you
not been, you'd have perhaps known that over that period (and no doubt
earlier) the British motor vehicle industry produced pick-up truck
versions of various popular British cars and light commercial vehicles.
Nothing directly to do with the USA.

>> There are various other things known as a "pick-up" or "pickup".

And the term "pick-up truck" means that confusion with any of those
things is avoided.

In any case, you imagine that the word truck was not coined in the UK,
by British people?

>> I never discard drink-containers as litter. What are you talking about?
>
> This made you think I was implying that you discard drink-containers?

You said that "throwing away drink containers [as litter]" is something
that "you [ie, I] are [am] never able to do".

I agree that such disgusting behaviour is something I never do, but your
implication that I could not do it if I tried is puzzling. I certainly
*could* do it, but unlike so many fairy-cyclists, I *choose* not to,
because it is a distinctly anti-social act.

> Have another think about the reason why I split your sentence.

Correct your own grammatical mistakes.

>>> Of course, the "possibly worse" had to come out. You cannot avoid it.
>>> Equally then, they are possibly better.
>
>> Not my concern. You had tried to imply that littering by cyclists is
>> negligible. It isn't.
>
> But you have made it your concern.

Defending disgusting fairy-cyclists who litter the streets and public
spaces is not my concern.

Clearly, you regard it as your concern.

> It ought to be obvious (even to you) that the quantity of litter left by
> cyclists is negligible in terms of total volume. You have no information
> whatsoever to support your theory that as a proportion of population it
> is "possibly worse".

No discarded litter is negligible.

Do you know what "negligible" means?

>>> I am aware of a story from several years ago. A one off (for it is
>>> obvious you know of no other) cannot make it an "especially".
>>> Besides, you can't possibly know that nobody has ever rocked up in a
>>> motor vehicle and done the same thing. And you would be a complete
>>> fool to try and suggest it has never occurred.
>
>> If there has been a report of such a thing, and if you can kindly
>> reference it, I will read it with the greatest of interest.

>> Over to you.
>
> Then you are saying you won't accept it could have happened unless you
> get a report. And that you have a fetish about it... Well, each to their
> own.

It hasn't been reported, you say?

Good.

That might be because drivers are not in the habit of racing each other
along public roads with their progress being monitored by an oaf with a
pen, paper and stopwatch and subsequently are never in the position
where they "think" that their race times are more important than basic
decent behaviour in public places such as village greens.

>>> When all you and others ever do is point a finger at cyclists over
>>> any event, making comparisons does not make the person under
>>> dicussion a paragon of virtue...
>
>> ...whatever the relevance or meaning of that may be.

No relevance.

OK.

>>> To that end, I have never defended Charlie Alliston, as much as
>>> you keep imagining. Discussion only ever centred around *your*
>>> obsession with his shouting and the way the law puts so much
>>> weight on a criminal's display of, or lack of, remorse after the
>>> event, as though it has a bearing on anything that led up to the
>>> event.
>>
>> He was convicted for his despicable behaviour before the collision* as
>> well as for his behaviour during the micro-second during which it
>> occurred.
>>
>> [FX: rolls eyes.]
>>
>> Did you actually *read* the reports?
>>
>> * Had you forgotten about the lack of brakes, or had you simply
>> decided to forgive him for that?
>
> Thank you for accepting that I never discussed the case other than the
> two matters I have just mentioned.

You may have given up on trying to defend his despicable behaviour. You
have switched to attacking any mention or reminder of it, especially as
we all know that he is not the only fairy-cyclist who behaves that badly.

Re: Clackmannanshire cyclist voices frustration over dangerous fly tipping

<f233bbfa-c3ce-4405-8535-f097de7a3764n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8694&group=uk.rec.cycling#8694

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 06:39:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 13:39 UTC

On Wednesday, April 20, 2022 at 2:24:42 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 20, 2022 at 10:52:36 AM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Marathon runners face disqualification if they drop plastic litter during race.
> I can see runners who hit "the wall" chucking their bottles on the ground to get a ban rather than suffering - like this:

This mess was the aftermath of the Great North Run.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FRCCSR5XsAAfzB5?format=jpg&name=medium

Re: Clackmannanshire fairy-cyclist voices frustration over dangerous fly tipping

<jcih1bF95siU4@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8723&group=uk.rec.cycling#8723

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Clackmannanshire fairy-cyclist voices frustration over dangerous
fly tipping
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 15:33:15 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 14:33 UTC

Talking to himself again

> On Wednesday, April 20, 2022 at 2:24:42 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

And again

>> On Wednesday, April 20, 2022 at 10:52:36 AM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> Marathon runners face disqualification if they drop plastic litter during race.

>> I can see runners who hit "the wall" chucking their bottles on the ground to get a ban rather than suffering - like this:

> This mess was the aftermath of the Great North Run.

> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FRCCSR5XsAAfzB5?format=jpg&name=medium

Campaign to have it banned because of the litter, no doubt much of it
discarded by spectators. You'd get support.

Re: Clackmannanshire cyclist voices frustration over dangerous fly tipping

<cec1fae7-0827-48f9-9008-397b0203aac8n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8725&group=uk.rec.cycling#8725

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 07:35:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 14:35 UTC

On Tuesday, April 12, 2022 at 1:17:18 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> Dirty drivers yet again.

LOOK AT THIS MESS.

https://www.loveessex.org/media/1363/610-fly-tip.jpg

Re: Clackmannanshire cyclist voices frustration over dangerous fly tipping

<jckhn3Fku60U4@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8752&group=uk.rec.cycling#8752

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
tipping
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 08:57:12 +0000
 by: Spike - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 08:57 UTC

On 23/04/2022 14:35, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 12, 2022 at 1:17:18 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Dirty drivers yet again.

> LOOK AT THIS MESS.

> https://www.loveessex.org/media/1363/610-fly-tip.jpg

LOOK AT WHAT THESE PEOPLE HAD TO DO AFTER CYCLISTS INVADED SNAKE PASS

"Sheffield Litter Pickers launched a clean-up job on the A57 Snake Pass
following a protest about the road’s closure.

The group managed to collect 40 bags worth of litter on the road which
is well-known as the scenic route that connects Sheffield to Manchester
on [ONE] morning."

<https://www.sheflive.co.uk/2022/03/22/sheffield-litter-pickers-clean-snake-pass-following-protest-from-cyclists/>

--
Spike

Re: Clackmannanshire cyclist voices frustration over dangerous fly tipping

<ca1a6d17-c6a6-445a-92e7-93a602ae7d59n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8765&group=uk.rec.cycling#8765

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 03:19:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 10:19 UTC

On Tuesday, April 12, 2022 at 1:17:18 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> Dirty drivers yet again.

LOOK AT THIS MESS.

https://c.files.bbci.co.uk/F54E/production/_98389726_fly1.jpg

Re: Clackmannanshire cyclist voices frustration over dangerous fly tipping

<jcknmiFm7pmU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8770&group=uk.rec.cycling#8770

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
tipping
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 11:39:14 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 10:39 UTC

On 24/04/2022 09:57 am, Spike wrote:

> On 23/04/2022 14:35, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

Talking to himself again:

>> On Tuesday, April 12, 2022 at 1:17:18 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> Dirty drivers yet again.
>
>> LOOK AT THIS MESS.
>
>> https://www.loveessex.org/media/1363/610-fly-tip.jpg
>
> LOOK AT WHAT THESE PEOPLE HAD TO DO AFTER CYCLISTS INVADED SNAKE PASS
>
> "Sheffield Litter Pickers launched a clean-up job on the A57 Snake Pass
> following a protest about the road’s closure.
>
> The group managed to collect 40 bags worth of litter on the road which
> is well-known as the scenic route that connects Sheffield to Manchester
> on [ONE] morning."
>
> <https://www.sheflive.co.uk/2022/03/22/sheffield-litter-pickers-clean-snake-pass-following-protest-from-cyclists/>

Disgusting fairy-cyclists and their disgusting mess.

Re: Clackmannanshire cyclist voices frustration over dangerous fly tipping

<e99abe93-7c43-492a-93df-8d631cd30ab4n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8771&group=uk.rec.cycling#8771

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 03:42:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 10:42 UTC

On Tuesday, April 12, 2022 at 1:17:18 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> Dirty drivers yet again.

MORE DISGUSTING MESS:

https://www.biffa.co.uk/-/media/images/blog/posts/2019/fly-tipped-waste.ashx?la=en-gb&hash=883F446B3FBB56DF108138B42C0B6A09

Re: Clackmannanshire cyclist voices frustration over dangerous fly tipping

<jckp2cFmc1tU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8781&group=uk.rec.cycling#8781

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
tipping
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 11:02:36 +0000
 by: Spike - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 11:02 UTC

On 24/04/2022 10:19, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 12, 2022 at 1:17:18 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Dirty drivers yet again.

> LOOK AT THIS MESS.

> https://c.files.bbci.co.uk/F54E/production/_98389726_fly1.jpg

"Forty bags of rubbish cleared from Snake Pass after the initial cycling
trespass"

--
Spike

Re: Clackmannanshire cyclist voices frustration over dangerous fly tipping

<jckp2vFmc1tU3@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8783&group=uk.rec.cycling#8783

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
tipping
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 11:02:55 +0000
 by: Spike - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 11:02 UTC

On 24/04/2022 10:19, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 12, 2022 at 1:17:18 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Dirty drivers yet again.

> LOOK AT THIS MESS.

> https://c.files.bbci.co.uk/F54E/production/_98389726_fly1.jpg

"Sheffield Litter Pickers launched a clean-up job on the A57 Snake Pass
following a protest about the road’s closure.

The group managed to collect 40 bags worth of litter on the road which
is well-known as the scenic route that connects Sheffield to Manchester
on [ONE] morning."

<https://www.sheflive.co.uk/2022/03/22/sheffield-litter-pickers-clean-snake-pass-following-protest-from-cyclists/>

--
Spike

Re: Clackmannanshire cyclist voices frustration over dangerous fly tipping

<jckp3jFmc1tU5@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8785&group=uk.rec.cycling#8785

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
tipping
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 11:03:16 +0000
 by: Spike - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 11:03 UTC

On 24/04/2022 10:42, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 12, 2022 at 1:17:18 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Dirty drivers yet again.

> MORE DISGUSTING MESS:

> https://www.biffa.co.uk/-/media/images/blog/posts/2019/fly-tipped-waste.ashx?la=en-gb&hash=883F446B3FBB56DF108138B42C0B6A09

Is it as bad as Snake Pass after the cyclists 'owned' it?

--
Spike

Re: Clackmannanshire cyclist voices frustration over dangerous fly tipping

<37260f61-42e1-44c6-81d4-cdeb37d254d4n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8792&group=uk.rec.cycling#8792

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 06:01:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 13:01 UTC

On Tuesday, April 12, 2022 at 1:17:18 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> Dirty drivers yet again.

£50000 fine - see:

https://dmbcwebstolive01.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/Environmental/Images/Fly%20Tipping%20Posters/1%20Fly-Tippers%20Beware%20-%20Sofa.jpg

Re: Clackmannanshire cyclist voices frustration over dangerous fly tipping

<jcn460F5mudU3@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8808&group=uk.rec.cycling#8808

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
tipping
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 08:24:33 +0000
 by: Spike - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 08:24 UTC

On 24/04/2022 13:01, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 12, 2022 at 1:17:18 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> Dirty drivers yet again.

> £50000 fine - see:

> https://dmbcwebstolive01.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/Environmental/Images/Fly%20Tipping%20Posters/1%20Fly-Tippers%20Beware%20-%20Sofa.jpg

Dirty cyclists yet again...

It's at least more concentrated than the 40, yes forty! bags of rubbish
collected by volunteers after the first trespass of Snake Pass by
cyclists. Were any of the cyclists fined? Did any of them hand
themselves in? Were they accompanied by their very own Mr Arsehole?

--
Spike

Re: Clackmannanshire cyclist voices frustration over dangerous fly tipping

<e6efef7c-4710-43d6-94fa-fd45e03f3f35n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8817&group=uk.rec.cycling#8817

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 04:22:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 11:22 UTC

On Tuesday, April 12, 2022 at 1:17:18 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> Dirty drivers yet again.
Less than one in a hundred incidents of fly-tipping in Wokingham have been successfully prosecuted since 2019, a freedom of information request (FOI) submitted by The News has revealed.

Of the 5,205 cases in the borough over the last three years, just 45 fixed penalty notices have been issued and paid – a total of 0.9 per cent..

Incidents have fallen since a record high of 2,324 in 2020 during the pandemic, however the number since April 2021 has increased by 22 per cent on 2019’s figures.

This is an average of 145 incidents per month for the last three years. No data is held prior to 2019, according to Wokingham Borough Council.

The data shows that Grazeley Road in Grazeley has seen the greatest number of successful prosecutions, with four being paid since 2019. One such incident in November saw a £400 fixed-penalty issued and paid – the highest on-the-spot fine possible.

In another case, Heathlands Road was rendered impassable after scrap, including a sofa, was dumped in the lane in November of last year.

Figures showed that in 2021 the council spent a total of £22,500 on removing discarded rubbish.

£14,400 was spent on cleaning up waste that had been left across 27 individual incidents and £8,100 was expensed to clear 52 separate cases of waste dumped by tipper lorries.

A spokesperson for Wokingham Borough Council said: “The volume of fly-tipping increased everywhere during the Covid-19 lockdowns and with people going out for local walks for their daily exercise.

"It is difficult to secure fixed penalty notices as they can only be issued if clear evidence is found or the fly-tip was witness."

Offenders can be taken to court, which could lead to a £400 fine or 12 months' imprisonment if convicted in a Magistrates' Court or an unlimited fine and/or up to five years imprisonment if convicted in a Crown Court.

Fly-tipping is classified as the illegal dumping of any waste or rubbish on public land or sites which are unauthorised to accept waste.

The most common type of fly-tipped waste found in Wokingham is household waste, followed by construction waste – with most cases in Wokingham being found on roads and country lanes.

READ MORE: Wokingham's youth asked for their feedback on equality plans

The council has pledged to crack down on the behaviour since 2020, culminating in the implementation of a crime prevention team on April 1 of this year.

The new seven day a week service is responsible for dealing with issues that ‘affect residents’ quality of life’ - such as fly-tipping – as well as other examples of anti-social behaviours.

The executive member for neighbourhoods and communities, Bill Soane, said the team will be “proactive” and patrol known trouble hot spots to “stop problems before they happen.”

According to fixmystreet.co.uk, there are still 108 ‘open’ cases of fly-tipping in the borough, dating back to April 2021.

Bracknell News: Open fly-tipping cases in Wokingham since April 2021: www.fixmystreet.co.ukOpen fly-tipping cases in Wokingham since April 2021: www.fixmystreet.co.uk

“Fly-tipping is one of the priorities of the new anti-social behaviour team will be investigating fly tipping as well as working with the police to disrupt it. We will also continue with our communications and education to deter people from this behaviour,” said the council spokesperson.

https://www.bracknellnews.co.uk/news/20043753.wokingham-fly-tipping-fines-revealed/

Re: Clackmannanshire cyclist voices frustration over dangerous fly tipping

<t4a03n$5dl$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8894&group=uk.rec.cycling#8894

From: dr6...@gmail.com (TMS320)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
tipping
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 00:43:51 +0100
 by: TMS320 - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 23:43 UTC

On 25/04/2022 09:24, Spike wrote:

> Dirty cyclists yet again...
>
> It's at least more concentrated than the 40, yes forty! bags of rubbish
> collected by volunteers after the first trespass of Snake Pass by
> cyclists. Were any of the cyclists fined? Did any of them hand
> themselves in? Were they accompanied by their very own Mr Arsehole?

Where does it say the road was clean before it was closed?

Re: Clackmannanshire cyclist voices frustration over dangerous fly tipping

<t4hl72$pfg$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9054&group=uk.rec.cycling#9054

From: dr6...@gmail.com (TMS320)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
tipping
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 22:26:57 +0100
 by: TMS320 - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 21:26 UTC

On 23/04/2022 14:37, JNugent wrote:
> On 22/04/2022 11:41 pm, TMS320 wrote:

>>> Thank you for the lesson in working-class argot as spoken chez vous.
>>> I'll stick with English, if that's alright. "Pick-up truck" it is.
>>
>> I use the word "lorry" because I am English. Well, surprise, surprise,
>> when you realised that you had used an Americanism you had to devize a
>> face saving measure.
>
> Have you been out of the country for the last sixty-five years? Had you
> not been, you'd have perhaps known that over that period (and no doubt
> earlier) the British motor vehicle industry produced pick-up truck
> versions of various popular British cars and light commercial vehicles.
> Nothing directly to do with the USA.

Wriggle, wriggle, wriggle. Your original phrase was - "vans and small
trucks"

Translated into English - vans and small lorries.

I have spent my life using the term "truck" to refer to something that
is part of a vehicle, not the vehicle.

>>> He was convicted for his despicable behaviour before the collision*
>>> as well as for his behaviour during the micro-second during which it
>>> occurred.
>>>
>>> [FX: rolls eyes.]
>>>
>>> Did you actually *read* the reports?
>>>
>>> * Had you forgotten about the lack of brakes, or had you simply
>>> decided to forgive him for that?
>>
>> Thank you for accepting that I never discussed the case other than the
>> two matters I have just mentioned.
>
> You may have given up on trying to defend his despicable behaviour. You
> have switched to attacking any mention or reminder of it, especially as
> we all know that he is not the only fairy-cyclist who behaves that badly.

Wriggle, wriggle, wriggle. First, you accepted what I said but when you
realised what you had written, you had to turn to accuse me of lying.