From: ton...@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Van quished!
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 01:29:11 +0100
 by: Tone - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 00:29 UTC

I have been invited to record at a folk festival in aid of Ukraine
refugees at Hope, Derbys, Easter weekend.

I found a Caravan & Motorhome Club site just up the road. Four nights
for the caravan would cost me about £110 with facile Ities.

but, if I join the club I get £15 per night off. That pays for the
annual fee. Right! We'll have some of that! So, I duly joined, paid the
money, then found out the site is fully booked for Easter!

Doh!!

Tone

Re: Van quished!

<b0p75hlil65d6n4q1c5crsk974sqj0j3vi@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9013&group=uk.rec.sheds#9013

From: nic...@themusicworkshop.plus.com (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: Van quished!
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 09:20:42 +0100
 by: Nick Odell - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 08:20 UTC

On Mon, 11 Apr 2022 01:29:11 +0100, Tone <tone@email.com> wrote:

>I have been invited to record at a folk festival in aid of Ukraine
>refugees at Hope, Derbys, Easter weekend.
>
>I found a Caravan & Motorhome Club site just up the road. Four nights
>for the caravan would cost me about £110 with facile Ities.
>
>but, if I join the club I get £15 per night off. That pays for the
>annual fee. Right! We'll have some of that! So, I duly joined, paid the
>money, then found out the site is fully booked for Easter!
>
>Doh!!

Oh Thank You Very Much!

I now have Chuck Berry singing Teenage Wedding as my earworm de jour.

And all because when I read your story I thought to myself:

C'est la vie.

Should've hummed the Frank Sinatra one instead, innit?

Nick

Re: Van quished!

<LH05K.600962$LN2.74181@fx13.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9061&group=uk.rec.sheds#9061

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 22:02:34 +0100
 by: Sam Plusnet - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 21:02 UTC

On 11-Apr-22 1:29, Tone wrote:
> I have been invited to record at a folk festival in aid of Ukraine
> refugees at Hope, Derbys, Easter weekend.
>
> I found a Caravan & Motorhome Club site just up the road. Four nights
> for the caravan would cost me about £110 with facile Ities.
>
> but, if I join the club I get £15 per night off. That pays for the
> annual fee. Right! We'll have some of that! So, I duly joined, paid the
> money, then found out the site is fully booked for Easter!
>
> Doh!!

We joined both clubs but, to be honest, we never rated their sites as
much cop.
Boodly zbarlous and more regimented that we like.
Have you tried ukcampsite

https://www.ukcampsite.co.uk

to see if there are any other sites in the area?

Little CLs are often much nicer.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Van quished!

<20220412093516.94d5a91da58ba4fbb61aff0c@127.0.0.1>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9077&group=uk.rec.sheds#9077

From: adm...@127.0.0.1 (Kerr-Mudd, John)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 09:35:16 +0100
GNU: Terry Pratchett
 by: Kerr-Mudd, John - Tue, 12 Apr 2022 08:35 UTC

On Mon, 11 Apr 2022 22:02:34 +0100
Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> wrote:

> On 11-Apr-22 1:29, Tone wrote:
> > I have been invited to record at a folk festival in aid of Ukraine
> > refugees at Hope, Derbys, Easter weekend.
> >
> > I found a Caravan & Motorhome Club site just up the road. Four nights
> > for the caravan would cost me about £110 with facile Ities.
> >
> > but, if I join the club I get £15 per night off. That pays for the
> > annual fee. Right! We'll have some of that! So, I duly joined, paid the
> > money, then found out the site is fully booked for Easter!
> >
> > Doh!!
>
> We joined both clubs but, to be honest, we never rated their sites as
> much cop.
> Boodly zbarlous and more regimented that we like.
> Have you tried ukcampsite
>
> https://www.ukcampsite.co.uk
>
> to see if there are any other sites in the area?
>
> Little CLs are often much nicer.

IAWTP.

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.